Episode 239

roberto999 said:
Even those in the church and those that climbed on the roof ?
Yes...you read it, didn't you? They perished in front of everyone's eyes...
roberto999 said:
and that way he could have destroyed the church if Guts had not challenged him
So what...what do you want to say? He still couldn't pass the barrier.
roberto999 said:
Strange I was under the impression that it was Skully beherit-powered sword that did the deed
They escaped with the sword...
The cave "existed" because Slan was present, it went back to normal reality when she left.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
akikaze said:
Yes...you read it, didn't you? They perished in front of everyone's eyes...
Yes that is true for the ones on the roof (I forgot)
So what...what do you want to say? He still couldn't pass the barrier.

And the barrier continued to be unable to stop projectile weapons, that is its weak point (and the crocs know like to throw)
The cave "existed" because Slan was present, it went back to normal reality when she left.
The cave (and everything in it) exited before Slan appeared (and continued to exit after she left)

I am curious if the four kings will let the mist inside or limit it ouside.
I am also curious to see what effect it will have on crocs. Will they turn back on their original material substance or will they vanish completely just like the trolls in scores of light?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
roberto999 said:
Even those in the church and those that climbed on the roof ?

That was before the Four Kings were summoned. They all melted and burned after that.

roberto999 said:
and that way he could have destroyed the church if Guts had not challenged him

Or bullseyed Schierke with a big rock. ;D
But I never denied the danger the Ogre was, just that even he could not pass the barrier, let alone any trolls.

roberto999 said:
Strange I was under the impression that it was Skully beherit-powered sword that did the deed

The place was going to destroy itself anyway at that point, with them inside, that's why Skully had to pull out his secret weapon. And now that I think about it, even though it was unstable and callapsing on itself, Skully did finally flush it" with the sword. So, you're right, it was both Guts and Skully, but it was Schierke that did nothing (though she saved the innocent townspeople, yay!). ;D

xechnao said:
I am curious if the four kings will let the mist inside or limit it ouside.
I am also curious to see what effect it will have on crocs. Will they turn back on their original material substance or will they vanish completely just like the trolls in scores of light?

That will be interesting to see. I'm also curious to see the effect of it on our mystery child, if any, as others have said. As for the crocs... it's Miura, you have to vote for the grossest death possible. I say they start burning/melting, then they explode. ;D

Anyone else concerned that maybe the crocs aren't going to be as big a problem as Guts is? If he gets in trouble and maybe frustrated out there, like a croc tail in the back, guess who's coming to dinner...

-Griffith

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Got to love torrent... *shakes head*

3 hours and 46 minutes to download a chapter.

And that is unless it bugs before then.

Could anyone please be so kind as to host it on a normal site or anything? Like I have said before. torrent seem to be loved by many, but over here in sweden it just doesn't work. At all.

Thanks a lot in advance *smiles*

Griffith

Saeki said:
http://www.hotarubi.net/suavo/berserk/Berserk_vol28_ch239_RAW.zip

>:( ::) UGH!!!! ::) >:(

-Griffith

P.S. Kidding. ;D

I'll put that in the first post as Saiya's rules (if it hasn't been done already).

Anyone else concerned that maybe the crocs aren't going to be as big a problem as Guts is? If he gets in trouble and maybe frustrated out there, like a croc tail in the back, guess who's coming to dinner...

I can see something like that happening. I don't think we'll see the beast take hold of him. But I think we'll see it attempt to take control.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Griffith said:
>:( ::) UGH!!!! ::) >:(

-Griffith

P.S. Kidding. ;D

I'll put that in the first post as Saiya's rules (if it hasn't been done already).

*grins* yeah. I'm blind *smiles* Sorry 'bout that.

I just assumed that since it wasn't in the first post, nobody had put it on anything but torrent yet.

I just didn't read every post since most the pages seemed to be of guys arguing with each other.

And I was late for watching Sweden/Japan in the hockey world championship...

*grins* weird things I tell you....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
As for the crocs... it's Miura, you have to vote for the grossest death possible. I say they start burning/melting, then they explode. ;D
Nah, they'll turn inside out, then their internal organs will explode as they're absorbed into the Abyss... I wonder if Miura has a girlfriend?

-Griffith
Agreed. But what's really on my mind is if Schierke has taken into account Berserk's Armor's affinity with the 4 Kings. Maybe they're not huge fans of Dwarven magic and won't let Guts into their Kool King Klubhouse barrier.

Griffith

theblakeman said:
Ho-hum chapter, just one of those in-between the great chapters to get the ball rolling for something big.

That's pretty deep, blakeman.

-Griffith

Griffith

secilj said:
Could someone post up the missing page, please? :)

Sure, here you go:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Hope that clears things up.

-Griffith

nir085

Horse and Armor
Mage said:
I doubt the kid summoned the crocs, spears and all, since as Schierke said they required a special process to be created to begin with. I still think they were sent to kill/retrieve him; Guts' party just happened to pick him up coincidentally. And if Schierke's going to cast the 4 kings for a bunch of crocs, I think we might be seeing something major come along...it'd be pretty anticlimactic otherwise. Or maybe it'll have some effect on the kid (or vice versa) and do something strange?
(this is kind of late but) I didn't mean the kid summoned the crocs in that way. I simply meant he was the reason the crocs cared about attacking Guts party. The reason I'm saying this, and this is kind of a silly reason, is because of the last panel. Most of the chapter consists of bloodshed with no plot hints given as to why the crocs are attacking them in the first place. But the last thing we see in the chapter is the kid's look. I felt like that was meant to foreshadow something. Either the kid knows he is the reason for the attack, the kid is reminded of something, or the kid is contemplating whether or not he should attack the crocs, in attempt to protect Guts like he [if that was him] did in the past. That's my impression anyways. I kind of feel like I'm stating the obvious by having just said that, but no one else said it, so oh well.

Griffith said:
I'm also curious to see the effect of it on our mystery child, if any, as others have said. -Griffith

He will start to burn and melt as well? ::)

Or maybe the four king will bow before him and the summoner is the kid not Scherike! ;D

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
ttt2282000 said:
;)Hey ,it's my first time here. so I just want to say "hello" to all of you. ;)

Hi to you... ;D

By the way Griffith...nice drawings...maybe you could give us a preview from Chapter 240... :p

lordofmasks

Griffith

Yeah, but I'd need a summary first. And do we really need to see the missing page from this chapter? It's just going to be Serpico after thoughts on flying/moon and Isidro preparing to kill that gator. I don't really NEED to see him throw the damn thing at the croc since I saw it him him. I much rather see the page from last chapter, pls. :)

-Griffith

Griffith

dwarfkicker said:
Not to be an ass or anything, but how come these pages weren't scanned to begin with?

Think of it like a REALLY, REALLY awesome, advanced preview. You'll have to buy the volume to see the other 5% though. =)

-Griffith

Top Bottom