Episode 243

Aazealh said:
I think the poster Puella was talking about is the one to be released from the next YA featuring a Berserk episode (244), issue 17, on august 28.
What a shame I dont subscribe to YA.  :(
 
Mage said:
miurafan: Was this the poster you rescued from the trash?
Yup, that's the one, from the most recent issue with Chapter 243. It's a big fold out poster. Guts is on one side (and his pupil is colored red, btw) and on the other side is a little cutie in a pink bikini...and she's the reason I didn't bother pulling out the poster before putting it in the trash. It looks like the poster is advertised on the front cover; there's a smaller picture of it.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous painting and I hope it's the cover for the next book, too. Unfortunately, it's too big to scan on a regular scanner.

If puella said there's supposed to be a poster in the next issue as well, I'll be sure to do a better job checking out the lingerie girls. Or maybe I'll ask my kid. I'm sure he'll suffer through it...
 
miurafan said:
Yup, that's the one, from the most recent issue with Chapter 243. It's a big fold out poster. Guts is on one side (and his pupil is colored red, btw) and on the other side is a little cutie in a pink bikini...and she's the reason I didn't bother pulling out the poster before putting it in the trash. It looks like the poster is advertised on the front cover; there's a smaller picture of it.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous painting and I hope it's the cover for the next book, too. Unfortunately, it's too big to scan on a regular scanner.

If puella said there's supposed to be a poster in the next issue as well, I'll be sure to do a better job checking out the lingerie girls. Or maybe I'll ask my kid. I'm sure he'll suffer through it...
Gorgeous indeed...I'm going to have to find a bookstore to special order that issue (16 is it?)
 
Mage said:
Gorgeous indeed...I'm going to have to find a bookstore to special order that issue (16 is it?)
Mage, the cover says No. 13, 2004.7.9. Here's a scan I made of the image on the cover. It's small and a little of the poster is cut off beneath the 'Armored Berserk!' but it doesn't have any creases.



I hadn't noticed the pose being the same as volume #1, but it certainly is. The more things change, the more they stay the same...
 

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
miurafan said:
Mage, the cover says No. 13, 2004.7.9. Here's a scan I made of the image on the cover. It's small and a little of the poster is cut off beneath the 'Armored Berserk!' but it doesn't have any creases.



I hadn't noticed the pose being the same as volume #1, but it certainly is. The more things change, the more they stay the same...
Shit thats pritty sweet, and hes wearing the beast armor too! :) Thanks for the pic!
 

puella

Popopopopopopopo!
miurafan said:
If puella said there's supposed to be a poster in the next issue as well, I'll be sure to do a better job checking out the lingerie girls. Or maybe I'll ask my kid. I'm sure he'll suffer through it...
Actually, I can't be 100% sure if it refers to the one in # 13 or #17 in that context " Don't miss....". But it's been a bit while since we saw that picture in the poster and they also say about the info on the color pages.... So I thought they propagated # 17.

See my previous post again.
puella said:
YA says "don't miss Guts at the back of supplement poster(usually big boobs gals :p ) and the info on the color page and the next page in YA #17(ep. 244)" in the last page of this episode.
Is there the info that they said on the colored and the next page in this issue? I don't have YA now.
If so, it definitely means that poster.
Now that I think of it, it could mean this issue, I guess.
Sorry to confuse you guys. :'(

And I'll modify my previous post like this ,not to be confusing.

They have finally reached Vritanis bay, and the Kushan's shadow that looms over them. The huge drama will unfold in(from) YA#17! (this is the same as Saiki's translation)
Don't miss Guts at the back of supplement poster and the info on the colored page and the next.
 

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
I know I may be stating the overtly obvious here but does anyone think that Miura chose this pose for the poster precisely because it is similar to the cover of Volume 1? Perhaps he is trying to emphasise the the changes that have taken place in Guts since then. For example in the volume 1 image the background is Guts' cape, while in the new poster it's the Beast. Also, Guts is visibly more bloodied in the new poster. Perhaps these differences are meant to highlight the increased hardships in Guts' life; physical and emotional.

Or perhaps I'm just talking out of my ass and this new poster was just meant to be an advert for the series? :p
 

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
waqas said:
I know I may be stating the overtly obvious here but does anyone think that Miura chose this pose for the poster precisely because it is similar to the cover of Volume 1? Perhaps he is trying to emphasise the the changes that have taken place in Guts since then. For example in the volume 1 image the background is Guts' cape, while in the new poster it's the Beast. Also, Guts is visibly more bloodied in the new poster. Perhaps these differences are meant to highlight the increased hardships in Guts' life; physical and emotional.

Or perhaps I'm just talking out of my ass and this new poster was just meant to be an advert for the series? :p
Wow you guys are looking way too hard. Sure it looks similer if u compare it... but why?
 

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
That perticular pose actualy reminds me of volume 2. I think that was almost the EXACT pose he Guts took right before the Count's apostle spawn started whipping its axe around.
 
Majin Tenshi said:
That perticular pose actualy reminds me of volume 2.  I think that was almost the EXACT pose he Guts took right before the Count's apostle spawn started whipping its axe around. 
Oh ya... But then maybe Guts like to do that post?
 
Majin Tenshi said:
That perticular pose actualy reminds me of volume 2.  I think that was almost the EXACT pose he Guts took right before the Count's apostle spawn started whipping its axe around. 
Second.

               
 
 

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
DemonX said:
Wow you guys are looking way too hard. Sure it looks similer if u compare it... but why?
Try looking at waqas' post about this, it pretty much explained what I had in mind.
 

Tanma

lord of the pit
That was 15 yrs ago... well, it's the same style, Guts had a bigger head on the first volumes... but i think it's just a coincidence.
 
dwarfkicker said:
I was a little board tonight so how about this for the Vol 28 cover:

Cool but too bad its not the real one, it is less than a week now before its release and where the hell is the preview for his cover?
 
Top Bottom