Episode 244

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ganishka

Not to let the thread go to pottyroom....

So if Ganishka is going against the will of the five hand and their lovely reincarnated prince, how come they just don't take him out? I am sure the no matter how powerful he is, he is still no match for the five themselves... your thoughts ??
 
Re: Ganishka

MaN said:
Not to let the thread go to pottyroom....

So if Ganishka is going against the will of the five hand and their lovely reincarnated prince, how come they just don't take him out? I am sure the no matter how powerful he is, he is still no match for the five themselves... your thoughts ??
The general answer....

They exist in different relms.  Special conditions are required for there to be any direct interaction between God Hand and a lowly apostle.  They control fait of mankind, so they aren't really rooting for one dude over another.

Edit: I don't know if you've read this but it may help.
http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/world/
 
I guess Ganishka is there on purpose, to allow the "Prophecy" of the White Hawk, savior of the people, to be accomplished. In other words, it HAS to be Griffith who kills him, to achieve his Dream of becoming a King. Even if it's true he probably could kill him easily, but IMHO it has to look "real" for everybody to believe in him!
However it's also true that "some" members of his army are not that normal people... :-\
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Yeah, Griffith is a savior as asmer said, and he has to save people from something. Ganishka is that something, a pawn placed there by causality. Now, will he be a fish that troubles the water, only time will tell. ;)
 
well, griffith always were a chrismatic, he was savior of midland on the 100 years war, he was the great white hawk, etc. etc.

but hell, he already got charlotte and he can become a king... but now he want to be remembered as a savior? give me a break...
 
devils_messenger said:
well, griffith always were a chrismatic, he was savior of midland on the 100 years war, he was the great white hawk, etc. etc.

but hell, he already got charlotte and he can become a king... but now he want to be remembered as a savior? give me a break...
People (at least the majority of them) still don't know Griffith actually is the White Hawk... They had a Dream about a "White Hawk" coming to save them, and currently Griffith is busy saving Midland, so I don't feel it to be exagerated to say people are gonna remember him as their "savior", as mentioned in the "Prophecy"!? ::)
 
asmer said:
People (at least the majority of them) still don't know Griffith actually is the White Hawk... They had a Dream about a "White Hawk" coming to save them, and currently Griffith is busy saving Midland, so I don't feel it to be exagerated to say people are gonna remember him as their "savior", as mentioned in the "Prophecy"!? ::)
but everyone heard about the hawks and their leader, they all should know about it, i mean griffith was and still famus, dont you think so?
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
devils_messenger said:
but everyone heard about the hawks and their leader, they all should know about it, i mean griffith was and still famus, dont you think so?
Is this an argument or just an information check?
 
devils_messenger said:
but everyone heard about the hawks and their leader, they all should know about it, i mean griffith was and still famus, dont you think so?
I agree that everybody in Midland probably knows the legend of Griffith and the Band of the Hawks, but THAT Griffith is supposed to have died a few years ago. That's why I personaly think that most of the people, even if a rumor is spreading that Griffith may be alive, still don't know for sure that he is the White Hawk they saw in their Dream.
 
devils_messenger said:
people were stupid in middle ages  ::)
Ok, your in the middle ages. Your home sitting in a rocking chair wondering who could be the white hawk, when suddenly you see the entire Kushan army marching towards you house with the "I'm going to kick your ass" look. What do you do? Wonder about the white hawk or run very fast?
 

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
devils_messenger said:
but every one know that griffith is the white hawk, if the prophesy says that the white hawk will save them they should figure it out, geez, people were stupid in middle ages  ::)
Not everyone had faith at that time. People didnt belive in that superstitious bullshit. And who said everyone knew about "The Prophesy"? Sure Griffith was the white hawk, but everyone thinks (and knew for the time being) that he was just a man, and everyone thought he was dead.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
devils_messenger said:
but every one know that griffith is the white hawk, if the prophesy says that the white hawk will save them they should figure it out, geez, people were stupid in middle ages  ::)
That's not exactly the way it is. The dream was more ambiguous than that, it wasn't like "The famous White Hawk is going to save you!" as in, Griffith. You need to stop assuming that the characters, especially the general populous of Midland, are in position to know the same information as the reader. Even Schierke doesn't seem to know that Griffith is the Fifth Angel incarnate or THE Hawk, and she's smarter and knows a hell of a lot more than your average Midlander. Griffith may be a big hero to the people, but it's not like they're reading the life story of his best friend/nemesis chapter by chapter every other week, so they probably aren't that plugged into his life and whether or not he's actually their lord and savior God or not. Not yet. =)

I'm proud of Miura, while were still stuck on "SKULLKNIGHT ES GAISERIC!?" he's got reveals up his sleave we haven't even thought of yet.
 
"Griffith No More!" said:
Even Schierke doesn't seem to know that Griffith is the Fifth Angel incarnate or THE Hawk, and she's smarter and knows a hell of a lot more than your average Midlander.
Gutts doesn't seem to be very good at relaying this kind of (plot relavent) information.  Or any personal information.
 

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Probably because he doesnt like to relive a painful past. Nor be questioned about his past, and being as he was a member of the most powerful army in midland he would be the center of attention.
 

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Olivier Hague said:
Urgh.
She doesn't know his name. If she knew his name, don't you think she would have reacted a bit violently when Serpico and Isidro raved about the guy's many feats? He's the one who sent Apostles after Flora!
She has all she needs to make the connection though. She's seen Griff out in the wild, and she's seen him in Guts's head and heard Guts's id hollering GRIFFIS RARR. She should be at least suspicious - it won't take much for everything to gel for her.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Yeah, she is being rather bone-headed about this, but she's got a lot weighing on her mind. Seriously, she doesn't seem to pay much attention to anything beyond magic stuff, notice she was totally absent from the mercenary conversation. If only her student would share what she knows with teacher. =)

Oh yeah, or Skull Knight could have said "Apostles led by Griffith" instead of calling him the Hawk/Falcon, but, I guess it'll all coming rushing to her soon enough.
 
Lithrael said:
She should be at least suspicious - it won't take much for everything to gel for her.
Between what Schierke already knows and what Farnese is figuring out, I'd expect Guts to fess up before too long, voluntarily or otherwise.

Eventually his new companions will have to tangle with Griffith and his crew. That's something I've been waiting to see for a long time, and now I'm hoping I'll get my wish sooner rather than later.

As for that creepy thing in the alley, I'm thinking it's connected to the guy in the boat from the last chapter, although it could be something else. Either way, I'm curious to find out what it is and what it's doing.

And thanks to all for the previews, scans, and translations!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom