Episode 244

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Griffith No More!" said:
Then there's also the chance that Ex-Hawks members could recognize good ole' Captain Guts, it seems likely at least some of them would enlist with other armies. But maybe they all died since deserting the team? Karmality. ^_^

Only Rickert, Guts and Caska survived for what we know...as for deserters of the ex-hawks while Guts was around, we know nothing about and I doupt there would be any, judging from their 100% success status
But some nobles like Raban could have some chance of recognizing Guts
But those were recently in the Midland castle, far away from Vritannis
Yet some of Tuder's army that had fought with the Hawks could recognize him
Is there any chance btw that clown, Adon is still alive?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
xechnao said:
as for deserters of the ex-hawks while Guts was around, we know nothing about and I doupt there would be any, judging from their 100% success status

Well, I don't have the manga in front of me, but I remember that after Guts left, Griffith was arrested, and the Hawks were branded criminals, many soldiers deserted; like half. I could be mistaken though; bad translation, anime only line, false memories implanted by Government, I don't know. Anyone have some confirmation on this?

xechnao said:
Is there any chance btw that clown, Adon is still alive?

Now that would be the best call-back on a character ever. Except Theresia, her coming back and killing Guts would be the Berserk equivalent of throwing a pizza in the air at the start of a movie and having it land on your head at the end.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Well, I don't have the manga in front of me, but I remember that after Guts left, Griffith was arrested, and the Hawks were branded criminals, many soldiers deserted; like half. I could be mistaken though; bad translation, anime only line, false memories implanted by Government, I don't know. Anyone have some confirmation on this?

I can't remember exactly either... but it was mentioned in the anime version that almost half of the Hawks left after the 1st incident

Nomad said:
I can't remember exactly either... but it was mentioned in the anime version that almost half of the Hawks left after the 1st incident

In the manga they didn't know about being branded as criminals...indeed the king trapped them and shot them with arrows after having invited them in friendly means
Caska took command of them right away and guided them to the mountains
Don't know if somebody was missing that day of king's trap but normally nobody would have a reason to be absent as they didn't know

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
xechnao said:
In the manga they didn't know about being branded as criminals...indeed the king trapped them and shot them with arrows after having invited them in friendly means
Caska took command of them right away and guided them to the mountains
Don't know if somebody was missing that day of king's trap but normally nobody would have a reason to be absent as they didn't know

Yes, but after that is when people would have left, during the course of the year between Guts' departure and return.

Yes, but after that is when people would have left, during the course of the year between Guts' departure and return.

Yes, this is possible although it would have been a serious worry for those that remained...worried not to have their place revealed to the authorities that wanted to track them (and were paying for it)
Surely, they shouldn't have let a choice to go away but somebody could have escaped
Don't remember how Shilat found them...was there a traitor?
Thus, if someone that had deserted, spotted Guts, I doupt he would run to meet him

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Couldn't one of the Hawks just leave when he wanted to Or was this one of those things you can't leave.

My point is that she couldn't because the others would be afraid of been betrayed (there was some price on their head)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Mejumi Nomiko said:
Considering Adon is dead, I don't think he'll be coming back anytime soon.

Yea he is pritty much dead now, even with all his amazing feats of surviving from gut's wrath, i dont think he is that lucky to survive caska's wrath 8). Besides, it would be kinda late to bring him back now.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
xechnao said:
This guy is famous for his resilence (heh, phrase taken from Walter's encyclopedia)
he claimed himself that tittle... I sure don't remember anyone but himself giving him that tittle.

this chapter was worth it's wait

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Some of the Hawks were killed, some of them left. And i don't see any indication that they were killed to keep them from spreading secrets once they left or anything. So there likely could be some deserters left out there.

kimchan said:
Some of the Hawks were killed, some of them left.  And i don't see any indication that they were killed to keep them from spreading secrets once they left or anything.  So there likely could be some deserters left out there. 

I know this is off topic but do you remember how Shilat found them?

xechnao said:
I know this is off topic but do you remember how Shilat found them?

Silat was leading a mercenary group for Midland to track down the hawks, two of his scouts found them on a mountian top. Why Silat was leading troops for Midland (he's Kushan..) and with no Bakiraka (What?!) is beyond me... but that's how it happened.

edit: I don't mind sending anyone chapter 244 (or any chapters for that matter) through AIM (I've got cable). My S/N is... brunoafh! Don't be shy.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
brunoafh said:
Silat was leading a mercenary group for Midland to track down the hawks, two of his scouts found them on a mountian top. Why Silat was leading troops for Midland (he's Kushan..) and with no Bakiraka (What?!) is beyond me... but that's how it happened.

For the money of course. Remeber this was before the kushan ended up harming charolette, so midland and the kushan were still at a neutral standing. Besides, the king just wanted the hawks dead, he didn't care who killed them.

DemonX said:
For the money of course. Remeber this was before the kushan ended up harming charolette

I dont get this, you mean this is before they invaded midland?

But then i will agree with you at that point in time Kushan and midland were neutral (But why? Unless Ganishka only ascended that throne within that 2 yrs period... But i highly doubt so)

Smith said:
I dont get this, you mean this is before they invaded midland?

But then i will agree with you at that point in time Kushan and midland were neutral (But why? Unless Ganishka only ascended that throne within that 2 yrs period... But i highly doubt so)

Ganishka was propably in power then and propably had been a long time before also
He moved on Midland after the dream of the White Hawkr
And the miserable condition of Midland I guess that made it possible to be defeated very easily

GoHF

I'm a llama!
We still don't know a lot about Silat, just like we don't know much about the prophecies of the Hawk. Both the holy order and the kushans seem to have been aware of the white/black hawks for some time. Maybe there was more going on during that time (pre-eclipse) than we were aware of? From that time (pre-eclipse) we only retain a small number of events surrounding the hawks, while the rest of the world remained pretty much unknown to us. It had already been prophecized that there would be an eclipse, among other things, so obviously there were people already acting on those prophecies. The holy order didn't just suddently pop into existence when Guts entered that forest, they had already been on their way for some time, although we still don't know for how long and what the people who sent them knew/know about the hawk. While it is obvious that the kushans know of the white hawk because they're lead by what seems to be an apostle, there's nothing indicating the source of the holy order's knowledge. Sorry if what I wrote is confusing and full of gramatical errors, as I'm much too sleepy now. I just think bigger things might have been happening even before the eclipse.

I think it's as simple as what DemonX said. The king was FURIOUS at Griffith and just wanted him dead, it didn't matter if Chuda assassins killed him. Silat just did it for the money having no knowledge he was to be at war with Midland in the following years. Ganishaka probably attacked beaucse Midland's White Hawk had fallen (kind of).

brunoafh said:
The king was FURIOUS at Griffith and just wanted him dead, it didn't matter if Chuda assassins killed him. Silat just did it for the money having no knowledge he was to be at war with Midland in the following years.
I think the tournament where Guts first fights Silat was held on the purpose to hire strong warriors to hunt down some thieves, who were a renegade band from Midland (= The Hawks), and since Guts refused to join, the Count (or whatever he was) of this country hired Silat for the job. I don't think the King of Midland himself was involved in this case.
But however, I had always been wondering if this (the tournament) was happening in Tudor or in Midland, but now that we are aware that there are so many "countries" on the map, I guess it may have been none of them?! :-\

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Don't have any of the texts with me, but I'm pretty sure that Silat was from a disgraced house that had been run out of Kushan. Everything he's been doing has been with the hope of winning back honor for his people, but I had the distinct impression that him leading the mercernaries that were hunting the Hawks wasn't something he did on Ganishka's orders, and that neither Kushan nor Midland cared that he was a Kushan native. Entirely off the top of my head, and possibly irrelevant, but I thought I'd toss that in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom