Episode 247

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Maybe there are OTHER things going on in the episode...

Dracula is coming!

Actually, the same thought occured to me about this chapter as did Sparnage, kind of. I mean, calling a Berserk chapter "Bloodshed" is like calling one "Guy With BIG Sword Kills Monsters."

I just thought it was a funny little language thing. Anyway, as Wally pointed out, there probably more to this chapter. Maybe the bloodshed itself will have some bigger signifigance, either for our young heroes personally, or externally it'll be the start of something bigger; perhaps the Kushan Flying Sharks and Chrocodiles fiends will smell it... smell the BLOODSHED? ;)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
MaN said:
Sonja has always a ghostly smile on her face...quite unnerving

Yea, thats one of the main reasons why I dislike Sonja. It shows how naive she is to the situation. Pirates (this is an assumtion) are about to kidnapp/rape/whatever Shirke and Sonja, and Sonja cant do shit but smile.

Griffith

DemonX said:
Yea, thats one of the main reasons why I dislike Sonja. It shows how naive she is to the situation. Pirates (this is an assumtion) are about to kidnapp/rape/whatever Schierke and Sonja, and Sonja cant do shit but smile.

Or if you wanted to use your brain on this one, it might be that she and Schierke literally have SUPERPOWERS and a few guys with sharp objects aren't that big a deal? I've heard enough on this retardidness. They've helped defeat thousands of Trolls and the Kushan army respectivly.  Even Isidro wasn't worried about Schierke being harmed, he was worried about the stir her magic would cause in the city. All this, and the best our board can come up with is, "DUH, WHY ES SHE SMILIN, TEH PIRATES ARE GUNNA GIT HER FO SUR!!!!"

Jesus Christ, yeah, it's possible they could get overwhelmed, but it's like you guys can't get past the fact that the girls are girls despite they're extraordinary powers.

"THAT'S WHY I DON'T LIKE TAT UPPITY WOMAN THAR, SHE AIN'T ACTIN' LIKE A GIRL SHOULD IN THIS SITUATION, SHES GOINA GET RAPED AND KIDNAPPED AND SHES SMILIN, SLUT!"

Insightful.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You mean that not being afraid of apostles and being afraid of lousy pirates would be contradictory ? Please explain, I think you lost me there! :'(

"Griffith No More!" said:
Insightful.

Man you are to easily bothered... just chill son! Its funny cause you modified your post to sound more .... angry!! Haha

hmmmm I wonder how having the gift of prophecy can help against pirates...hmmm
may she is smiling because she 'saw' how Schierke is going to unload on the 'poor helpless' pirates.

Griffith

MaN said:
Man you are to easily bothered... just chill son! Its funny cause you modified your post to sound more .... angry!! Haha

Actually, I toned it down. But you wouldn't know that since you're another one of our lovely, useless, and most of all obnoxious mouthpieces around here. I'll thank you not to comment or reply to any of my posts in the future. Actually, do us all a favor and make that any posts, I checked yours and you have absolutly zero to say; so stop talking, SON.

I don't agree with the translation "bloodshed".

The first kanji is "yaiba", which means 'blade', and the second kanji is "kizu", which is 'scar'. Just add one and two together and get

scar from a blade, or simply blade-scar, etc.....

Anyway, all in all, I guess it still could be anything. But not necessarily bloodshed or anything.

DarkBlademaster

"Griffith No More!" said:
Or if you wanted to use your brain on this one, it might be that she and Schierke literally have SUPERPOWERS and a few guys with sharp objects aren't that big a deal? I've heard enough on this retardidness. They've helped defeat thousands of Trolls and the Kushan army respectivly.  Even Isidro wasn't worried about Schierke being harmed, he was worried about the stir her magic would cause in the city. All this, and the best our board can come up with is, "DUH, WHY ES SHE SMILIN, TEH PIRATES ARE GUNNA GIT HER FO SUR!!!!"

Jesus Christ, yeah, it's possible they could get overwhelmed, but it's like you guys can't get past the fact that the girls are girls despite they're extraordinary powers.

"THAT'S WHY I DON'T LIKE TAT UPPITY WOMAN THAR, SHE AIN'T ACTIN' LIKE A GIRL SHOULD IN THIS SITUATION, SHES GOINA GET RAPED AND KIDNAPPED AND SHES SMILIN, SLUT!"

Insightful.

Well what I was talking about was just an example. I always figured out that she wasn't afraid of the apostles because grununbeld or griffith or whoever's presence would keep them in line. What I was saying is how naive she is (yea, I guess half of midland is like that too). Like for example, thinking some guy (griffith) comes out of nowhere and saves midland, without thinking a simple question like why or how. Just accepting that he is there is enough for her.

Posted by: yota821  Posted on: Today at 08:53:13 PM 

The first kanji is "yaiba", which means 'blade', and the second kanji is "kizu", which is 'scar'.  Just add one and two together and get

Anyway, all in all, I guess it still could be anything.  But not necessarily bloodshed or anything. 

quite interesting, maybe it is more of a symbolic meaning,

maybe something like the scar that guts and his huge dragon slayer put on their mind,

of course it could mean something totally different, just interesting how it is worded,

i have the word egde on my truck in kanji i think, when i decided on the word it took a few minutes cause there are multiple ways to say edge,

i chose sword egde cause it looked the coolest,

so many ways to say a word, but it is beautiful because you dont get the meanings mixed up like happens in english sometimes,

i could say love, but what type of love do i mean? friend, family, happy, sad, etc., you get the point,

sorry for going off subject a tad, i just enjoy the way the language is used, unfortunately i cant speak it :(,

but i cant wait for the next chapter to come out,

then i get to scare the hell out of people next week, i work in a haunted house, i have a shotgun and shoot blanks, scares the shit out of people!!  ;D

next chapter of Berserk one week, Halloween the next, i cant loose  :)

- c  8)

puella

Berserk forever
yota821 said:

The first kanji is "yaiba", which means 'blade', and the second kanji is "kizu", which is 'scar'.  Just add one and two together and get

Anyway, all in all, I guess it still could be anything.  But not necessarily bloodshed or anything.

When the two kanji is used together, it is pronounced "ninjyô" and it has such a meaning like "to injure(or hurt) people wielding a sword" as a word.
I think you tried to figure out the meaning of the kanji word separately not together though it doesn't make a big difference in appearance in this case.

I also don't think there could be perfect English equivalent for "ninjyô", though.

actually, it would be pronounced "jin-shyou", not "nin-jo'. "kizu' does not have an alternate pronounciation of 'jyo', at least not one that i've heard of.

Most combinations of such kanji actually literally mean the two put together, and this is no different. I believe this is just 'blade-scar', and could allude to the fact of someone's (or something's) old blade-scar or something. That's my guess for this chapter.

puella

Berserk forever
yota821 said:
actually, it would be pronounced "jin-shyou", not "nin-jo'. "kizu' does not have an alternate pronounciation of 'jyo', at least not one that i've heard of.

No, it's definitely "ninjyô(or ninjyou)". And you know the pronunciation change rule? The sound "N" usually changes(or have an effect on) the next sound, k, s,h, etc.
"shô" becomes "jyô" because of "N(as in niN)" which comes before it.
I don't want to argue with you on this for a long time. Look up your Japanese dictionary, so simply.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:

Most combinations of such kanji actually literally mean the two put together, and this is no different.

Yeah, well, maybe you should think about it more ?

yota821 said:
That's my guess for this chapter.

Since you're such an expert, why don't you use correct terms: episode.

I know the pronounciation change rule, or whatever you Americans call it, and like I said, if 'jyo' is another pronounciation for 'kizu' aside from 'shyo' then I haven't heard of it yet.

And like you said before, it really doesn't matter how you pronounce the two kanji, the definition doesn't change. So I guess arguing about the pronounciation was a little useless. Sorry.

Sorry Aazealh, chapter.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
I know the pronounciation change rule, or whatever you Americans call it, and like I said, if 'jyo' is another pronounciation for 'kizu' aside from 'shyo' then I haven't heard of it yet.

First, you're not talking to American people here. Second, it's not because you've not heard of something yet that it doesn't exist. Third, she didn't mean that "jyô" is another pronunciation for "kizu", but that "shyô" is modified since it follows "N".

yota821 said:
Sorry Aazealh, chapter.

Sorry, but you're talking out of your ass. Please check posts by people that know what they're talking about before replying. Thank you in advance.

puella

Berserk forever
Olivier Hague said:
Actually, it can be pronounced "ninjô" or "jinjô".

"jinjô"? Why? Because "nin" is hardly used for that kanji and "jin" is a more common pronunciation ? I'm curious. :) Anyway, "jinjyô" isn't in my dictionary.

That's sad. The preview show nothing, the debate is only about kanji.... :-\

No many theories to make.

We just have to wait... So long! ;)

DemonX said:
Yea, thats one of the main reasons why I dislike Sonja. It shows how naive she is to the situation. Pirates (this is an assumtion) are about to kidnapp/rape/whatever Schierke and Sonja, and Sonja cant do shit but smile.

quite harsh there, i like sonja, but whether she turns out evil or dark i still have to see.

she is very innocent as shown in her little story to Schierke has shown (with ducks) and she just doesn't know right from wrong, quite like griffith i would say, she's probably not realising what a bad world this is and sees only the ideal therefore shows she is easily brainwashed, but only once. when you ger a convincing idea inot her head, it's hard to get it out, or at least that's how i see it.

either she becomes an important member of the hawks then she might suffer the same consequences (though not exactly the same) as caska, or she get's something very nasty, either way, it's not going to be a happy ending for her.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Man, it would be pretty cool if Mule rode in on a horse out of no where and demolished all the pirates with ease, then he turned to look at Sonja and Shierke and his eyes flashed like slit cat eyes and then he rode away.

DarkBlademaster

Freddy C said:
quite harsh there, i like sonja, but whether she turns out evil or dark i still have to see.

she is very innocent as shown in her little story to Schierke has shown (with ducks) and she just doesn't know right from wrong, quite like griffith i would say, she's probably not realising what a bad world this is and sees only the ideal therefore shows she is easily brainwashed, but only once. when you ger a convincing idea inot her head, it's hard to get it out, or at least that's how i see it.

I would just like to state that griffith knows right from wrong, he just doesn't care anymore.

Freddy C said:
either she becomes an important member of the hawks then she might suffer the same consequences (though not exactly the same) as caska, or she get's something very nasty, either way, it's not going to be a happy ending for her.

Yes I think your right, no matter what happens, she will get the bad end of it. The truth will be sudden and hit her like a hammer.

Top Bottom