Episode 247

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Maybe Griffith is coming too and all of them met together at one place!!!??? OMG

Smith... A bunch of pirates against 4 kids and you're already seeing a Griffith/Guts meeting ?

Smith said:
The pirates leader look as if he got some skills... But how many blows can he stand from Guts? (He will be pretty good if he can withstand 3... but who knows maybe eventually Serpico will be the one fighting him :p)

He probably can't take any blow from Guts, or even Serpico actually, and is just there as a kind of "boss" for the kids to fight against (remember the Troll Chieftain?).

By the way, seeing the recent developments, I wouldn't be surprised if Guts & co just shipped away with the pirates' boat after the battle... Well, they'd still need a crew or at least a navigator I guess.

BiQ_

" ... "
oooh... today, I got the PS2 game. And the new episode of manga is here.

One has to ponder, it just doesn't get any better than this... ;D

Interesting to see that sonja can here telepathy without the use of a physical object from the the person emitting the telepathy. Seems there are some extraordinary powers this girl has. I wonder what other hidden capabilities she has. This just shows why mule was sent after her and why she's important to Griffith's campaign. Plus i love Sonja's enthusiasm during all this. She's a very strange girl.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
One eyed, peg leg, ex-midland king kicking mules ass? Haha, now mule has no horse.

Anyways, it looks like Ishidoro is getting pretty good against those pirate chumps ;D. I guess he is living up to my high expectations.

namayias said:
Interesting to see that sonja can here telepathy without the use of a physical object from the the person emitting the telepathy. Seems there are some extraordinary powers this girl has. I wonder what other hidden capabilities she has. This just shows why mule was sent after her and why she's important to Griffith's campaign. Plus i love Sonja's enthusiasm during all this. She's a very strange girl.

what... sonja has telepathy?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
namayias said:
Interesting to see that sonja can here telepathy without the use of a physical object from the the person emitting the telepathy.

Nothing new really, we've known about her powers for quite some time now (volume 23, at the same time as the first appearance of Mule)...

DemonX said:
what... sonja has telepathy?

Are you guys joking?

GoHF

I'm a llama!
The (ex-)king of Midland is dead, which is the only reason why Charlotte is the (duck-)Queen. Sure, the pirate has a similar face/beard, but... heck, last time we saw the old king he was way older than this fellow.

DarkBlademaster

Aazealh said:
Are you guys joking?

At first I wasn't, but now I know the mistake I have made after reading the translation.

I think its really funny though how Isidro resembles Guts fighting style (kinda...) and how mule resembles griffith's fighting style (on the horse).

And for the Pirate leader... there has to be something special about him, maybe a fight that guts will have... because it is kinda unnatural to leap from a ship the way he did and kick someone off a horse with only 1 leg...

Thanks for the new chapter
What's this on the perished characters - new characters (first moonchild-then pirate boss)?
Imagine Miura's secret influence be Monty Python  :eek:
and the big finale be that all the story was somebody's scizofrenic dream or something

GoHF

I'm a llama!
DemonX said:
And for the Pirate leader... there has to be something special about him, maybe a fight that guts will have... because it is kinda unnatural to leap from a ship the way he did and kick someone off a horse with only 1 leg...

A rogue apostle maybe? it's not unlikely that not all of them follow Griffith... especially since one even tried to kill him right before he became femto. This is speculation, though, and as such should take place on the appropriate board :)

I was thinking he was an apostle.  Look at the looks his men have one the last page.  That's the look of fear.  It's like how Wyld's troops were afraid of him.  And if that's the case, Guts will be be the one doing the saving.  But he'll probably show up at the end of the next chapter. But will he give into the beast yet again?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
DemonX said:

He didn't leap he swung from a rope, you know normal pirate stuff.

GoHF said:
A rogue apostle maybe? it's not unlikely that not all of them follow Griffith... especially since one even tried to kill him right before he became femto. This is speculation, though, and as such should take place on the appropriate board :)

I still have my money on a kind hearted Pirate Captian who after meets Guts will agree to help him on his quest.

DemonX said:
At first I wasn't, but now I know the mistake I have made after reading the translation.
... Seriously, now. Are you guys joking?
I think its really funny though how Isidro resembles Gut's fighting style (kinda...)
OMG, they both make people bleed!
and how mule resembles griffith's fighting style (on the horse).
Maybe it's just his horse that's similar to Griffith's. I mean, it has four legs. That can't be a coincidence.

Opie

The Sex Icon
Well Mule does use a cavalry sabre, a more "British" style, to so his style is bound to be somewhat similar...

DarkBlademaster

Olivier Hague said:
... Seriously, now. Are you guys joking?

Now what do you mean by that? Are you saying she did not hear shirke's telepathy? Im just living off of saiki's translation here.

Olivier Hague said:
OMG, they both make people bleed!

769329736.jpg
vs
1326011854.jpg

Ok, I know Guts looks cooler... but comon. They both have some HUGE similarities... for example that cape and that scarf thing on both of them.

Olivier Hague said:
Maybe it's just his horse that's similar to Griffith's. I mean, it has four legs. That can't be a coincidence.

478896445.jpg

vs

210858299.jpg

How can you say theres no similarities between these two people?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, but Guts and Isidro are also wearing pants in those pictures. Just a coincidence? ::)

Scarves, capes, pants, SHOES = Identical Fighting Style.

Hey, Azan and Silatt have capes too, did they train with Guts for a time we are not familiar with?

DemonX said:
Ok, I know Guts looks cooler... but comon. They both have some HUGE similarities... for example that cape and that scarf thing on both of them.

Miura has created a world where there is a set fashion of clothes, uniforms and such for different groups of the people. Compare the warriors to the nobels, or the warriors to the hicks carefully, particularly in certain areas of the world and you will notice in alot of cases that there are many similarities with what people are wearing.

How can you say theres no similarities between these two people?

You are looking at pics showing one part of the action happening in a Manga, it's difficult to tell if someone has a similar fighting style over that. The only thing they have in common is that they are using thin swords on horses, it happens.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Its not totaly absurd to jump to the conclusion that there should be similarities between the two's fighting style... Guts did kinda help train the kid... but while training him, he made the differences in their builds very obvious... so the kid should be fighting quite differently... 2 sword style remember

It's really interesting to see that the 4 characters have met on relatively friendly terms so far...I'd like to see what Mule/Sonja think of Guts, if they (hopefully) meet him...if Griffith was able to trigger something in Sonja, maybe she'll realize something about Guts, too.

Top Bottom