Episode 247

asmer said:
I think Vritanis is in deep shit, too! In Saiki's translation, Sonja says:

I guess it can't be helped if this place burns down....For me, it means that soon, we're gonna see something (Griffith?) happen in the town.

I am not sure Sonja meant that over there

asmer said:
So I guess the people in Vritanis will soon have other problems than those kushan kids!?
But I agree that since the authorities of the town are the responsible for the coming of the pirates, if a big battle was to occur, Guts and his band probably would have to fight the entire town! And that could be a problem! :-\

I don't think the authorities prob would be the death of pirates, but Schierke who has no prob hiding she is a witch...after all the pirates first attacked

asmer said:
Yes, but once they arrive in Elfhelm, what are they gonna do with the kids. I don't think they would let them go with the pirates!?

I didn't say they will sail for Elfhelm...just sail away...After all I don't know if they have a map for going there

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
So they aren't sailing to Elfhelm (no map, oh no!^O^), the Kushan forces heading for port won't attack or do battle with Guts/Griffith and the Hawks, and the next chapters will be devoted to the Vritannis P.D. interrogating Guts and co. for pirate homicide?

What a grand vision of things to come.

"Griffith No More!" said:
So they aren't sailing to Elfhelm (no map, oh no!^O^), the Kushan forces heading for port won't attack or do battle with Guts/Griffith and the Hawks, and the next chapters will be devoted to the Vritannis P.D. interrogating Guts and co. for pirate homicide?

What a grand vision of things to come.

When is Guts fighting Griffith?!?! FINAL BATTAL NOW, OH YEAH !1!1!1
... ;)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
"Griffith No More!" said:

Wow forgot all about the Kushans. Then again most people probably forgot about the Hundreds of thousands of foreign troops in and around that city that would put up one hell of a resistance if that were to happen. Either way I don't see any reason for Griffith showing up in Vritannis, unless he's there to boost moral and plans on takeing back Midland.

Griffith

xechnao said:
When is Guts fighting Griffith?!?! FINAL BATTAL NOW, OH YEAH !1!1!1
... ;)

I never said anything of the sorts. I just don’t see why Berserk would suddenly become so banal; sounds more like a case of puny speculation than something Miura would do. And I’ve come to expect more from the speculations of the man who’s supposed to be the antagonist of common, everyday thought here on SK.net; the man who thinks differently, chooses the road less traveled? Also, I find your mockery flattering as it emulates me so endearingly; especially when your hyperbole doesn’t even pertain to anything I said; therefore, no offense done. =)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Wow forgot all about the Kushans. Then again most people probably forgot about the Hundreds of thousands of foreign troops in and around that city that would put up one hell of a resistance if that were to happen. Either way I don't see any reason for Griffith showing up in Vritannis, unless he's there to boost moral and plans on takeing back Midland.

That's one reason, another is that his runaway mystic is there, and yet another is his chance to save the day from the Kushan forces just off the coast, officially announcing his return, in front of an audience made up of peoples from the entire World. Sounds too good to pass up. Anyway, if Griffith and The Hawks don't show up, that still leaves plenty of room for excitment for Guts and the crew, especially with they're new "friends."

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Smith said:
OMG... I really wonder how to do that??

Anyway... Sonja may refer Guts as a duck... but she will say its a giant one  ;)

OmfgLolzers... not that again.

All I have to say is that thank god you guys didnt make up the plot/story of berserk.

DemonX said:
They leave the kids with the pirates. Berserk doesnt always have happy endings you know.

I don't think it's a problem of "happy ending" or not... Schierke started the fight, and she did it for one reason: helping the kushan kids!

So, you are saying that if Guts comes and kills all those pirates, they are gonna leave without the kids? That's sounds pretty weird, if not dumb... I don't think Mr Miura needed to introduce 20 or so kushan kids just to lead to a fight for Isidro and Schierke.

Guts isn't the Black Swordsman anymore, I think he is now able of some compassion, and if not him, I really can't see Schierke forgetting about those children so easily...

All I have to say is that thank god you [...] didnt make up the plot/story of berserk.

DarkBlademaster

asmer said:
I don't think it's a problem of "happy ending" or not... Schierke started the fight, and she did it for one reason: helping the kushan kids!

So, you are saying that if Guts comes and kills all those pirates, they are gonna leave without the kids? That's sounds pretty weird, if not dumb... I don't think Mr Miura needed to introduce 20 or so kushan kids just to lead to a fight for Isidro and Schierke.

Guts isn't the Black Swordsman anymore, I think he is now able of some compassion, and if not him, I really can't see Schierke forgetting about those children so easily...

But what if the real kushan come after the kids... like diva? Then it will be a fight for Guts too when he gets involved.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
DemonX said:
But what if the real kushan come after the kids... like diva? Then it will be a fight for Guts too when he gets involved.

Yeah I can see it now.

Kushans: We have come to take back our children from you scoundrels!

Guts: Take 'em.

DarkBlademaster

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Yeah I can see it now.

Kushans: We have come to take back our children from you scoundrels!

Guts: Take 'em. 

Well, there definitly are rumers of the black swordsman still, and I would be suprised if the kushan havn't heard of them yet. Meeting with Diva and Guts... Maybe Diva asks guts to join them and guts says go fuck youself?

DemonX said:
Well, there definitly are rumors of the black swordsman still, and I would be suprised if the kushan havn't heard of them yet. Meeting with Diva and Guts... Maybe Diva asks guts to join them and guts says go fuck youself?

Diva may have already noticed him since he was the culprits who destroy his gift from the emperor...

Smith said:
Diva may have already noticed him since he was the culprits who destroy his gift from the emperor...

I think he just said that one of the caster's sense disappeared. He doesn't know who did it!? :-\

DemonX said:
Maybe Diva asks guts to join them...

Well Guts and company need a ride and Diva and company have the boat. It could be possible if Diva sees that the Kushan kids were saved by Guts et. al. or may be he will lend them his boad.....But I don't think that is too probably. First of all if they take Diva to Elfheim then they will just cause the destruction of probably the last safe place for our heroes ( and also that I don't think it has been revealed that anyone knows how to get there as had been mentioned).

Secondly I just think that Kushans have not been shown as having much of a heart. I don't see Diva caring about those kids much ....and then there is the issue of the sea-creature that Guts killed...

Frankly, I can't point out a single Kushan character who is not cold and ruthless. We don't know much about Diva and Silat is only a hired mercenary. The only other people we have been shown are either the gurus who were making the ogre-babies ;D or the King who doesn't even look kind... This whole Kushan side of the story requires more plot elaboration.... Just IMHO

But speculation is fun... ::)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
First of all if they take Diva to Elfheim then they will just cause the destruction of probably the last safe place for our heroes

I really don't think Daiba's got enough power to damage Elfhelm, less destroy it.

MaN said:
Silat is only a hired mercenary.

Not really no...

MaN said:
the ogre-babies ;D

Daka-babies.

MaN said:
the King who doesn't even look kind...

It's Ganishka, he's an emperor, and he's not just looking unkind, his nickname being "the emperor of terror"...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Yeah, Ganishka is pretty much the most powerful Apostle and seeing as how we haven't really met a nice Apostle yet, he's probably just as potentially evil and twisted as Wyld, if not more so.

Griffith

MaN said:
I don't think that we know that Silat is actually a Kushan do we ??

From our very own beloved Berserk encyclopedia.

"Prince of the Bakiraka, a clan of the Kushan Empire. Silat is a fierce warrior who proved himself in a Midland Tournament after the end of the 100-year war. Using strange weaponry such as the Katars, Silat's technique is deadly. While he was defeated by Guts twice, Silat and his army are more than a match for most of Midland's forces."

I believe the reason he's fighting to capture Griffith for Ganishka is so that he may restore his clan's honor and reclaim his homelands which the Kushan Empire has conquered and enslaved. So, he's technically both a Prince and a slave; romantic, huh? ^_^

I think he's also destined to join Guts, but that's just my two cents. For all I know he'll end up an Apostle or just get crucified in the crossfire, but I don't think Miura would invest so much in him for so long just to off him in such sad fashion. But who knows, greater characters than he have been sacrificed at an author's whim. ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
but may be Ganishka can..

Who knows, but he's too busy opposing Griffith and defending Wyndham right now anyway, no time to try something against an unknown enemy that isn't directly threatening him.

MaN said:
Symantics but thanks :)

Well, there are Ogres in Berserk, and they're different from the Daka, so it might be confusing if you use the wrong terms.

rubbereruben

I´m rubber, you´re glue.
This might be a stupid question, but has this chapter been translated yet? And if it is, where can I find it? I can't seem to find it. And I don't know if Evil Genius already translated it.

Blargh.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
rubbereruben said:
This might be a stupid question, but has this chapter been translated yet? And if it is, where can I find it? I can't seem to find it.

Did you look in the Translation Section of the board? ::) And if it's not translated here, it surely won't be by [Evil Genius], since they use Saiki's translations anyway...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IgnusDei said:
i thought saiki worked with evil_genius? or at least used his translations with his permission.

Saiki said:
imo, EG and the Hawks aren't that different from eachother.
But at least there won't be any major translation errors like the ones that the Hawks have made in the past.
(As long as I don't screw up really bad somewhere ;))
Even if I said no, I know they would've both used it anyways.

But posting the link to the EG scanlations is kinda pointless here i think..........

All those 1st time posters asking taboo questions over here it's a joke
The fun would be to find out who that might be
My take is ELEKTROFUNK :p ;D

Top Bottom