Episode 250

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Skytraveller's answer was the best of all though. Way more universal than mine.

Well, it sure is universal to say that Gambino became a bad father when he actually became a father at all. ::)

Personally, I'd say it just went worse with every happening: Gambino didn't like his wife saving the kid much in the first place, but had she lived, he would have come to appreciate him from what we see of the character IMHO. Only she died, and he blamed it all on Guts (and I agree with Griffith about taking the decision when Donovan came to him). Then he lost his leg, and became crazy. Who said Causality?

Anyway, to get back on topic: we know from what Sonja showed to Schierke that Vritannis will be completely destroyed, but how will it happen, considering the size of the coalition's armies stationed there? Just a common Kushan army and some Pishacha? The Hawks coming in out of nowhere and annihilating everything? Or some other power, Kushan magic for example?

D

darkbane

"Griffith No More!" said:
Don't you think they'd rather get in on the act? ;)
But only afterwards, to step in to clean up the winners and reap the spoils of war.

I still think the brunt of the destruction will come from the Kushan army attacking. From past events it seems that they have established a major presence in the area, and prevented rumors about it spreading by killing everyone. It wouldn't be surprising to see a siege coming up, and with Kushan magics and beasts the gates wouldn't last long - result is slaughter, then Hawks can move in and clean out the invaders. the alliance won't stand against Kushan beasts, but Kushans won't stand against an apostle-reinforced army. Plus, the images of destruction didn't look like Kushan casualties.

For 251 specifically, the focus should be on Farnese and her situation. She might not even meet up with the rest of the band (ie Guts and co.) until the end of 251, if at all in that episode.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Kyoke said:
How 'bout:

It WILL be.  ???

:p
How about, "let's wait and see?" Most likely the episode will focus on Farnese, but there's always a chance that Guts and the rest of the team will show up.

darkbane said:
But only afterwards, to step in to clean up the winners and reap the spoils of war.

I still think the brunt of the destruction will come from the Kushan army attacking. From past events it seems that they have established a major presence in the area, and prevented rumors about it spreading by killing everyone. It wouldn't be surprising to see a siege coming up, and with Kushan magics and beasts the gates wouldn't last long - result is slaughter, then Hawks can move in and clean out the invaders. the alliance won't stand against Kushan beasts, but Kushans won't stand against an apostle-reinforced army. Plus, the images of destruction didn't look like Kushan casualties.

For 251 specifically, the focus should be on Farnese and her situation. She might not even meet up with the rest of the band (ie Guts and co.) until the end of 251, if at all in that episode.

I agree with this.
I also do not find it impropable for Azan to pay a visit to Guts and also Shielke talk to Guts about the Hawks and Sonja's vision (if not in this episode then some ep ahead)
So, as far as Azan goes, do you believe he has showed up against the Holy See?
Most propably he has given up his clerical path and an explanation of his current status could be that perhaps he somehow knows that Vritannis will be attacked anytime and wants to make his last stand fighting the Kushans-or whatever else.
Last thing to say, to show up in the same tavern with Guts perhaps wasn't that "random" either...and I am not talking about causality: he most propably recognized Isidro at the docks and this gained his interest to track him.
Eventually, seeing Farnese over there complicated things untill the fight broke and much wanted dinner appeared in front of him

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
First, many thanks to Walter for setting me on the right path. High Praise and Thanks also to all the scanners and translators-each and every one of you.

So many loose threads to be resolved. Guts and Co. waiting patiently for Farnese and Serpico to return, Farnese under house arrest, Ma(g)nifico and his "issues", Sonja's Vision...I simply don't know what will happen next, nor can I surmise which way the story will go in the next episode.

On a side note, I tend to agree with the opinion that Azan has flipped. Punishment from the Holy See notwithstanding, the guy witnessed the Rebirth of a Godhand and watched hundreds of people die. That can seriously warp a guy. I think he went to report the incident not out of loyalty to Farnese and the HICKs somuch as to give his life some kind of purpose. Once that had been accomplished, his life was pretty much worthless, so now he's just trying to live according to his beliefs until he finds the right death. Whether or not this means helping Guts get a boat or staging a daring rescue from the Vandemion Manor along the way is both speculative and debatable.

BiQ_

" ... "
Smith said:
And why is that so? YA change date?

It might have something to do with the fact that February 11th is a national holiday in Japan. Actually, afaik it is The National Day there.

puella

Berserk forever
BiQ-- said:
It might have something to do with the fact that February 11th is a national holiday in Japan. Actually, afaik it is The National Day there.

Yeah, the Foundation Day of Japan.

Judo

Midlands finest
well, looks like the next task is for Farnese to overcome her little father-complex. we'll see if Manifico will be a hindrance or a backing for this.

damn... three days until next episode and still no preview up... they sure like putting us off

Top Bottom