Episode 255

Uriel said:
Casca TOO!!! :eek: Maybe they g0t into a fight or sumthing and lost them!!??!119
I think
A) Miura forgot guts casca and Schierke's foot or
B)
05v09.jpg
you just cant see them
ither way, I would really like to see that guard get killed.
as Aazealh said he wont get chopped to bits, the best you will see is a page (or three panels) of Isidor yelling at the guard to get in (because Isidor looks pissed in the preview.)
aufond said:
OK. I'm done commenting then.
*also spams for more post*

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
"Griffith No More!" said:

So long as he looks at the boo it wont chase him to his death.  If he runs with his back turned, he dies.

I wonder why the guard would give them such a hard time, and do you think maybe Guts had to persuade him at all, or maybe the 'free pass' that Evarela is talking about has something to do with why they passed or had a hard time passing.

I wish I could reads this stuff :p

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Tristram said:
I wonder why the guard would give them such a hard time, and do you think maybe Guts had to persuade him at all, or maybe the 'free pass' that Everamelda is talking about has something to do with why they passed or had a hard time passing.

I wish I could reads this stuff :p

Considering that they're travelling with a kid who happens to be fully capable of changing other peoples minds for them (and who was last seen pointing her staff at the guards in question), I really doubt that Guts had to get involved in this. All you need is to have been paying attention to how Shierke's handled every other guard they've run into in the city. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing Aazealh's dolphin attack come to pass. "So long and thanks for all the fish!" indeed...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kid_berserk said:
you just cant see them

So CnC, how do you like the new members of the board? ;D

And kid_berserk, CnC was being sarcastic, we can't see their feet because they're walking, plus the angle. I can't believe I have to actually explain that.

kid_berserk said:
the best you will see is a page (or three panels) of Isidor yelling at the guard to get in (because Isidor looks pissed  in the preview.)

Isidro was actually rather nice when he asked the guard to let them in at the end of episode 254.

mahlernut said:
Considering that they're travelling with a kid who happens to be fully capable of changing other peoples minds for them (and who was last seen pointing her staff at the guards in question)

And who's seen in the preview chanting some spell. You guys please take example on mahlernut and think for a minute before posting.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting episode.

Serpico awaits the group between some rows of pillars. He knew they'd be there thanks to Schierke's hair, and he opposes Guts, planning to use the pillars to his disadvantage (with the DS). Only that's apparently not exactly efficient. The Kushan attack has also started, the mist spreads. 8)

PS: The four guards die. ;D

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
The perfect timing and circumstance for the rise of Apostle Serpico! =)

I'd like to see him be just about to deal Guts the fatal blow, when that giant Ganishka-Cat mauls him. ;D

BiQ_

" ... "
Thanks Aazealh! 

OMG! Kushan attack! Magic powers! Guts-Serpico showdown! Too good!  :D

EDIT: So, how many pillars before the ceiling comes crashing down?

Aazealh said:
Serpico awaits the group between some rows of pillars. He knew they'd be there thanks to Schierke's hair, and he opposes Guts, planning to use the pillars to his disadvantage (with the DS). Only that's apparently not exactly efficient. The Kushan attack has also started, the mist spreads. 8)

PS: The four guards die. ;D

Thanks
Very cool start for some action

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm interested in what else Serpico has up his sleeve in this battle. He's familiar with the whole "beast" aspect of Guts after the Grunbeld, and Makara fight. Will he use this to his advantage? A game of wits?!

Griffith

Walter said:
I'm interested in what else Serpico has up his sleeve in this battle. He's familiar with the whole "beast" aspect of Guts after the Grunbeld, and Makara fight. Will he use this to his advantage? A game of wits?!

I'm kind of wonderin where Serpico is going with this as well, if he killed Guts, would he dispose of the body? Farnese sure wouldn't be happy to get the news. Would he kill everyone else too?

Anyway, he's not going to have much choice once the city becomes a state of living death and terror. Then it'll be one of those things that just make you look bad. =)

I'm kind of wonderin where Serpico is going with this as well, if he killed Guts, would he dispose of the body? Farnese sure wouldn't be happy to get the news. Would he kill everyone else too?

Anyway, he's not going to have much choice once the city becomes a state of living death and terror. Then it'll be one of those things that just make you look bad. =)

I think his plan is to try and slow them down till the ball would normally end and save Farnese a major embarassment over there.
Anyway, the Kushan attack is gona change this prospective and they will be buddies again once more.

About his wits I am expecting him to use the pillars for some acrobatic turn moves, hoila! :D

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Thanks Aazealh.

Silly Serpico, masonry won't stop Guts.

Just noticed, the room they're fighting in looks a lot like a famous mosque/church (it was a mosque, and then a church was built inside) in Spain.

EDIT: It's the Cordoba mosque/cathedral.

Griffith

xechnao said:
I think his plan is to try and slow them down till the ball would normally end and save Farnese a major embarassment over there.
Anyway, the Kushan attack is gona change this prospective and they will be buddies again once more.

That could be... but I don't think he'd challenge Guts so lightly, and if it was just a matter of saving Farnese embarassment, he could certainly arrange it so they could make discreet contact with her (the hair for one thing). Anyway, we need a translation, but I think Serpico's serious, and quite sinister, in this scenario.

Lots of ways it could end too, just one complication; when Serpico sees the mist and monsters, he could easily blame Guts' presence for it. Even more reason to dispose of him. =)

xechnao said:
About his wits I am expecting him to use the pillars for some acrobatic turn moves, hoila!  :D

I think he'd be better served staying in between the pillars, we saw what happened to the last one. ;D

Woland said:
Silly Serpico, masonry won't stop Guts.

Ha!

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
That could be... but I don't think he'd challenge Guts so lightly, and if it was just a matter of saving Farnese embarassment, he could certainly arrange it so they could make discreet contact with her (the hair for one thing). Anyway, we need a translation, but I think Serpico's serious, and quite sinister, in this scenario.

Lots of ways it could end too, just one complication; when Serpico sees the mist and monsters, he could easily blame Guts' presence for it. Even more reason to dispose of him. =)

I think he's trying to keep Guts and co. from bringing Farnese back into the fold because Serpico feels it's too dangerous. Of course, Farnese's opinion on the matter is disregarded, since Serpico's doing it for her own good ::)

Or maybe he just wants to fight Guts again.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Woland said:
Just noticed, the room they're fighting in looks a lot like a famous mosque/church (it was a mosque, and then a church was built inside) in Spain.

EDIT:  It's the Cordoba mosque/cathedral.
Damnit, you beat me to it!  Anywho, thanks for the chapter Aazealh. ;D

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
WOW, it's eerie how close Aazealh's pic was to the actual manga.

So much seems to be happening in this episode, the invasion may soon bring Azan back to the group. Or at least I can hope. :)

Thank you for the episode, Aazealh.

It just sucks that we have to wait so long for the next chapter.  Is it just me or is Miura taking more breaks than usual?  I'm not complaining.  After all, you shouldn't rush genius.

Griffith

Dwarf Kicker said:
It just sucks that we have to wait so long for the next chapter.  Is it just me or is Miura taking more breaks than usual?  I'm not complaining.  After all, you shouldn't rush genius.

I don't know that it's more time off than usual, especially when you take into account this is just a mini-break and not an extended one, but it is more frequent it seems. To put a positive spin on it, it might just be to gear up for the onslaught of the next few chapters. =)

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Well, explains why Miura's using a mosque as the visual model for the Forest of Columns; its the only remains of what was once a Kushan palace (left as a victory memorial when they were driven out). Looks like Ganishka's working on retaking lost territory.

Top Bottom