Episode 255

SlimJ87D

Apollo
I still dont feel that he's in his league, but in the story I mean all the stuff Guts has gone through, everything, sure Serprico is cool and sure he's been through a lot, but the main reason Berserk is as good as it is is becasue of our favorite well developed character Guts.

Besides Guts, Solid Snake is the only other fictional character I respect.

CnC

Ad Oculos
[quote author="Aazealh"]
Griffith is in a totally different league, remember the Kushans shooting arrows at him? He could probably kill Serpico just by looking at him.[/quote]

Jeez... everyones referencing the manga now... need I remind you guys of this scene?

serpico_explode.gif

There... see?​

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
SlimJ87D said:
I still dont feel that he's in his league, but in the story I mean all the stuff Guts has gone through, everything, sure Serprico is cool and sure he's been through a lot, but the main reason Berserk is as good as it is is becasue of our favorite well developed character Guts.

Besides Guts, Solid Snake is the only other fictional character I respect.

Okay, it's clear we're not even having the same discussion. I'm not expressing my subjective, intageable feelings about the characters. I understand what you're saying and wholly agree actually, but it's not "in the same league," so to speak, with what I was speaking about.

CnC said:

CnC good... eases the pain. *euphoric sigh*

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Whats it matter whos gonna win, we're not gonna get to anything like a conclusion to the fight. The whole point of it is to make a big mess and cause a distraction anyways. Oh, and fill pages with lotsa cool stuff.

Griffith

Majin Tenshi said:
Whats it matter whos gonna win, we're not gonna get to anything like a conclusion to the fight.  The whole point of it is to make a big mess and cause a distraction anyways.  Oh, and fill pages with lotsa cool stuff. 

While that's the most likely scenario, I'm curious to see if Miura isn't going to give us some form of finality to this fight. There are scenarios where he could have it both ways.

Or better yet, SERPICO APOSTLE! ;D

Smith said:
The last 2 pages are one big portrait.. can anyone kindly merge them so that i can use me as a Screen saver? ;D Its damn cool

I've got it right here for you (just made a sick drawing composition of there heads), but my internet/uploadpages don't work right now; so if somebody helps me, you can have it!!

Griffith

Shit, I made one too a while back but don't have it on this computer. I'll check to see if I uploaded it.

For the fight, It seems pretty clear Serpico has a grudge against Guts, (though it doesn't seem like a burning hatred) but even though Guts wanted to fight him there was never any reason to suggest that he didn't like Serpico. Sure they weren't good friends but aside a few fights Serpico got away with unharmed Guts has no reason whatsoever to hate him.

Guts should be alot better now that he has let his body heal enough, he is probably now in better condition than what he has been in after still being "OK" After a fight with random Apostles, on top of that he Is still wearing the Armour to harness more strength in a shit condition than before he had it in his prime. Also Serpico abandoned his magic weapons making him at a disadvantage.

Of course Otaku arguments aside there is logically there is no way it won't be a close fight for Guts one way or another, We should expect an interesting fight that will make both characters struggle in a charismatic duel as it's the concepts birthright. All we can do is sit back and enjoy. ;D

Also here's is a thought; Owen and other Midlanders at this ball, Guts and crew about to enter, Guts being the famous hundred man slayer Hawks raider and a hero, Miura possibly having characters find out his past soon enough due to recent clues being dropped in recent volumes..... they may very well find out sooner than once presumed. Then again at this pace there is a chance Guts ends up making it to the ball on time is questionable.

Griffith

I don't know that Guts is very famous among nobles, they'd all know Griffith, but Guts was the people's champion; and even they wouldn't know his face (i.e. Isidro).

My awesome speculation for next chapter is all hell breaking loose. =)

Serpico said:
he is the type i can see to throw dirt in your eye if need be. We already know he doesnt mind dis-advantaging his oppenent.

That not a good example... Using Count daughter to made an surprise attack on him, it goes to show how ruthless Guts can be...

Seeing the hot debate going on, I would like to add my 2 cents worth... First of all, though i agree both are excellent in swordskills, they fight mainly different enemies... Guts is battling against dead spirits everyday and apostles frequently... Serp at best would be some mystical creatures from other realm... Look at how Serp fight apostles even with his wind cloak/sword... He only irritates them... Now they are fighting on one another... I dont see how Serp can get Guts seriously, unless his wound is affecting him again (sudden intense pain for eg) Serp has no chance against him despite his advantage now...

C'mon talking about disadvantage, how many times have Guts have been in such situation? He even survive the eclipse... one man show against thousand over apostles... Would Serp really bother him that much after all... (unless he does turn into a apostle that is another story ;D)

Finally talking about the previous battle in the ledge, its was Guts underestimation that eventually gain him the upper hand... He didnt know Serp was that cunning and skillful plus Agile... he might be able to escape that time but i doubt he will change the outcome of this duel... And that is he retreat once again...

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
"Griffith No More!" said:
I don't know that Guts is very famous among nobles, they'd all know Griffith, but Guts was the people's champion; and even they wouldn't know his face (i.e. Isidro).

Guts might've popped up enough for some one like Owen to recognize him. Actually, Casca might be the first one they recognize, since she was at more of the functions and such with the nobles.

Smith said:
That not a good example... Using Count daughter to made an surprise attack on him, it goes to show how ruthless Guts can be...

Then of course, when he did that he was in his full-on Black Swordsman mode and his personality seems to have changed since then to be more sensitive (unless hes berserk).

Still, Serpico really doesn't have a chance unless hes got the most incredible trick ever up his sleeve. Like he busts out Mangekyou Sharingan (for anyone who follows Naruto) or something unlikely like that. I'm really looking forwards to the reactions of all the nobles when they find out who Guts is, in the case that they recognize him (since he seemed to mostly keep to himself and not mingle with the non-Hawks people). Owen will be all :eek: at them

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What happened the last time someone tried to leave the group and it ended up in a duel? 8)

Walter said:
What happened the last time someone tried to leave the group and it ended up in a duel? 8)

Causality you are trying to imply? :-\

The last time someone tried to leave he succeeded eventually... Mainly becz that person won the duel too easily, this time round no where is Guts going to get defeated by just a blow from Serp...

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Walter said:
What happened the last time someone tried to leave the group and it ended up in a duel?  8)

Guts pwnd his ass?

Well, "logic" dictates that in a prolongued face-to-face, Guts would come out victorious. While Serpico has a rapier and some breakable pilars to his advantage, Guts has, besides the dragon slayer, (magical/mystical) full-body armor, throwing knives, arm cannon, repeating crossbow (or had anyway, haven't seen it in a while), 5 almost useless partners and the battlefield knowledge of years of fighting humans and monsters.

Then again, there's the chance that, in the darkness behind Serpico, among the pilars, there's a group of archers ready to kill on Serpico's command.

Now, Serpico being apostle would be a little far-fetched. Not impossible, but Guts would have felt something by now. Most likely, though, is that something will interrupt the fight. Farnese, her mother, some guests, some guards or a kushan attack. It may even go on for a few chapters, like the fight against Zodd on the hill of swords, but I think it would be way too awkward for Serpico to die.

Griffith

GoHF said:
Now, Serpico being apostle would be a little far-fetched. Not impossible, but Guts would have felt something by now.

... he'd have to become one before Guts could sense it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:

so then...
Serpico defeats Guts easily, Guts can't take it. Yadda Yadda Yadda, eclipse. At the eclipse Guts sacrifices everybody to become Beasto: the angry guy.
Farnese then procedes to be raped by Beasto in front of Serpico. And the cycle continues...

Griffith

CnC said:
so then...
Serpico defeats Guts easily, Guts can't take it.   Yadda Yadda Yadda, eclipse.  At the eclipse Guts sacrifices everybody to become Beasto: the angry guy.
Farnese then procedes to be raped by Beasto in front of Serpico.  And the cycle continues...

Serpico would probably react something like this:

serpico_explode.gif

"GATTTSSUUUUUOOOOOO!!!!"​

Sorry for coping your style, but I'm going to post that whenever possible. Or just look at it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
Sorry for coping your style, but I'm going to post that whenever possible. Or just look at it.

Ah, "Griffith no more"... really takes the edge off. *blissful sigh*

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
so then...
Serpico defeats Guts easily, Guts can't take it.   Yadda Yadda Yadda, eclipse.  At the eclipse Guts sacrifices everybody to become Beasto: the angry guy.
Farnese then procedes to be raped by Beasto in front of Serpico.  And the cycle continues...
I really didn't intend everyone to take it so seriously. It's just interesting that this has happened before. Serpico certainly doesn't have such an intrinsic relationship with Guts as Guts did with Griffith.

Griffith

Walter said:
I really didn't intend everyone to take it so seriously.

Personally, I thought you were a complete idiot for saying it. =)

I'm in the same state of mind, actually; since the episode came out, I've been looking over Guts fights with Serpico and Griffith again and again.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
So yea, here is a quick question. While Guts and Serpico are fighting and Gut's is just destroying the pillars which seem to be supporting something. Im thinking what ever is above it will begin to shake. Thus causing people to come investigate. Just a thought. Is the ball taking place "up stairs" of this little duel?

Edited for spelling ;D

Griffith

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
So yea, here is a quick question. While Guts and Serpico are fighting and Gut's is just destroying the pillars which seem to be supporting something. Im thinking what eer is above it will begin to shake. Thus causing people to come investigate. Just a thought. Is the ball taking place "up stairs" of this little duel?

Good question.

I'd assume Serpico would have taken it into account either way.

Top Bottom