Episode 257

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
People say that without him this war wouldn't be possible.

Probably why Mr. Kitty has come to pay him a visit. =)

Remember the party scene in Ghostbusters?

"Okay, who brought the dog?" ;D

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Uriel said:
Best image from a recent Berserk episode:

Someone just spotted a trace of sticky-white-love-piss in his palm, I see.
hm, looked to me more like an LSD trip. "Whoah, my fingers."

On a more productive note...
Thanks for the episode Aazealh, it's a real killer this time. I so need to learn Japanese. :-\

I think yota821 has a good point, though I doubt they'll be at each others throats again anytime soon (for the sake of an interesting plot as Aaz said).

D

darkbane

Aazealh, thanks a lot for your insights into what's actually going on in this episode ^_^.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
On a side note, I love Federico's Patrician* robes.

*I'm guessing, since the whole thing reminds me of Rennaisance era Florence. Well, except the Cordoba mosque/church since that's in Spain.

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
Probably why Mr. Kitty has come to pay him a visit. =)

Remember the party scene in Ghostbusters?

"Okay, who brought the dog?" ;D

"little pooch!"
ahhh, good stuff... what ever happened to rick moranes (moranis?)

Herald of Yama said:
Many thanks, Aazealh. I'd be willing to front $257,000.00 just for a crappy frame-rate, five minute Flash animation of this ep.(If I had that kind of money... :( )

personally... I would have wanted the last episode animated.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
I'm liking Roderick more and more. I wonder how he managed to make such a dickweed friend though... seems like Magnifico didn't bother to inform either Roderick or Farneze of his big announcement. Maybe Roderick wouldn't have approved?

BTW, was it just me or did Guts save Seripico from being flattened by the rocks?

A nice episode really... It was a nice roundoff to the battle...

I'm happy for Serpico ability, at least Guts doesnt thresh him like he did to Pre-Eclipse Griffith many many volumes ago...

And this time... It really good to see Serpico talking more often with his eyes opening... 8)

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
QUeeN typhonblue said:
I'm liking Roderick more and more. I wonder how he managed to make such a dickweed friend though... seems like Magnifico didn't bother to inform either Roderick or Farnese of his big announcement. Maybe Roderick wouldn't have approved?

BTW, was it just me or did Guts save Serpico from being flattened by the rocks?

Roderick and Magnifico were definitely in on the plan together. They've been discussing it whenever Farnese hasn't been around. Loved his "we're totally busted" reaction when papa Vandemion walked over XD Since he and Magnifico were college buddies, maybe Roderick just hasn't managed to see what a hoser his friend is yet. It can take a while after graduation before you realize what freaks some of your college mates were, after all ;) Of course, with the familiar right outside the window, there might not be too long for anyone to be too embarrased about what just happened...

Aaz, thx for the episode. ;D

As for the duel, I thought Guts would spare Serpico's life. :eek:

Now we wait to see the fall of Vritannis which will be one giant cluster f*ck battle orgy. :-X

Armies of Vritannis vs. Kushan vs. Neo Band of the Hawk( i think) ???

Griffith

Vaxillus said:
Why would Vritannis and the NeoBotH want to fight?

I think he was only indicating their involvement; technically, the Kushans were inbetween the Hawks and the Holy See's Allied Forces. =)

Anyway, it might be nice, from Griffith's point of view, if all the armies of the World were destroyed except for his. Many if not all of his possible rivals are currently in one place at the moment. So he can watch them die, save them all, or kill them himself after the Kushans are taken care of if he likes... in any case, his forces get stronger while the forces of the World at large get weaker. Judging from his past actions, he'll assimilate the survivors into the Band of the Hawk, or will it be the Empire of Falconia at that point? 8)

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
That was more what I was thinking. It seems like most of the Holy See's armies tend to end up joining the new band after seeing Griffith, since he seems/is divine. It seems more likely for him so subjigate them than to crush them in battle.

Opie

The Sex Icon
"Griffith No More!" said:
Judging from his past actions, he'll assimilate the survivors into the Band of the Hawk, or will it be the Empire of Falconia at that point? 8)

What a tasty idea. :)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Who's taking bets with me on what the next episode title will be? I'm going with either Wedding or Coronation. ;D

Lets see:

-Beast of the Ball
-Party Crasher
-Look what the cat dragged in.
-nanda are wa? bakemono!
-Nobles vs. monster: film at 11
-Orthodontists worst nightmare

Something like that...

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
QUeeN typhonblue said:
Sonya returns to the neohawks with news.

Someone here has been reading the YA preview? ;)

Anyway, the new title will be "A dream of a Princess" (姫の夢).

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Mizar said:
Someone here has been reading the YA preview? ;)

Anyway, the new title will be "A dream of a Princess" (姫の夢).

If it was written in anything but English, probably not.

Just seemed like the last panel was where a break away to another scene would make sense.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
the next issue (258) would be about the Neo Hawks (Sonja should appear and relate her Vritannis trip), with a color poster depicting them included.

In case anyone else missed it.

Top Bottom