Episode 259

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
nostyleart said:
its probably not a tiger, anyone?
What about the fact the title says it's a tiger, uh? :???:

nostyleart said:
so, im not really sure if this has been stated already, but im lazy today and forgetful, i think that tigerthing is a scout like the one person who scouts the next battlefield.. :beast:
Yeah well... Nothing new, sorry.

Venus said:
Beast vs. Beast, who will emerge victorious?!?!.
Now that would be Zodd against Guts in their next match, a fight to be remembered I'm sure. This tiger familiar shouldn't be too hard to handle once he'll have eaten half the nobles at the ball.
 

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
This tiger familiar shouldn't be too hard to handle once he'll have eaten half the nobles at the ball.
Assuming this is the only tiger, or the only threat, for that matter.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
CnC said:
Assuming this is the only tiger, or the only threat, for that matter.
The Kushan attack is about to start, so obviously we can expect more threats to appear, and probably more familiars. Now I doubt this tiger in particular to be much of a problem if he's alone.
 
If Guts demonstrates his battle prowess in front of the armies (or even the nobles, maybe...Owen is there), some might make the connection to his possibly being the century slayer/in the Band of the Hawks. Probably not going to happen, though.
 

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Aazealh said:
Like the familiars, I don't think they'd be able to live outside of Ganishka's fog. We know what happens when the casters controlling Pishacha die, they revert to their original form and behave like normal animals, same when the familiars themselves die, they don't keep their monstruous appearance (the Makara regressed to a whale). So I wonder what would happen to some Daka if their source of power disappeared, would they just die instantly? I personally think so, they'd just fall on the floor inarticulated and start rotting.
Are you sure? It seems like I remember it that way too. But I was looking just now and the crocs still kept their spears (although they stopped attacking) and in the last shot i saw the Makara was not reverted, Gut's had cut off his nose but he still had the wicked teeth and stuff.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Serpico said:
Are you sure? It seems like I remember it that way too. But I was looking just now and the crocs still kept their spears (although they stopped attacking) and in the last shot i saw the Makara was not reverted, Guts had cut off his nose but he still had the wicked teeth and stuff.
The spears were tied to their arms, and you can see some of them still clutching theirs yeah, but they're pretty much standard crocodiles at that point, I don't think the spears mean anything in particular.

As for the Makara, look again more closely. :SK:

 

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Aazealh said:
The spears were tied to their arms, and you can see some of them still clutching theirs yeah, but they're pretty much standard crocodiles at that point, I don't think the spears mean anything in particular.

As for the Makara, look again more closely. :SK:

http://aazealh.net/Divers/Makara-whale.jpg
Ahh Ok I found it now too, that panel was hidden on the corner of the mysterious child page at the end. I thought I might be losing it or something.
 

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Aazealh said:
The Kushan attack is about to start, so obviously we can expect more threats to appear, and probably more familiars. Now I doubt this tiger in particular to be much of a problem if he's alone.
Yea , but the other beast (the one that did appear in the past issues) had no stripes so we can guess that there are at least two of them and very likely, if it is a full scale attack, many of them
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
roberto999 said:
Yea , but the other beast (the one that did appear in the past issues) had no stripes so we can guess that there are at least two of them and very likely, if it is a full scale attack, many of them
It killed the guards, and we didn't have real any close up on its mouth, we just partly saw its teeth (that stripe looks a little too long to pass unseen though). Also, nothing says that the preview isn't taken from a shot occuring after the tiger has killed a noble already. We'll see soon enough how many of them are attacking the ball anyway, keeping in mind that whether this tiger arrived early or not, Vritannis' streets should soon be filled with Kushan assailants.
 

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
It killed the guards, and we didn't have real any close up on its mouth, we just partly saw its teeth (that stripe looks a little too long to pass unseen though). Also, nothing says that the preview isn't taken from a shot occuring after the tiger has killed a noble already. We'll see soon enough how many of them are attacking the ball anyway, keeping in mind that whether this tiger arrived early or not, Vritannis' streets should soon be filled with Kushan assailants.
Of course, this is pure spec. I think its safe to assume the tigers are being used to take out specific targets that would make the attack easier. Have we seen generals or other top teir commanders at this ball? Tigers taking them out would make it difficult to lead any army.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
CnC said:
I think its safe to assume the tigers are being used to take out specific targets that would make the attack easier.
Yeah, the one we saw seemed to be looking for a specific target, he didn't care at all about Guts and the others.

CnC said:
Have we seen generals or other top teir commanders at this ball? Tigers taking them out would make it difficult to lead any army.
Well, there's Federico Vandimion for one, plus a great number of generals and nobles from Midland, Tudor, and other countries that are part of the Holy See alliance. Basically that ball is a perfect target for a Kushan surprise attack.
 

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Yeah, the one we saw seemed to be looking for a specific target, he didn't care at all about Guts and the others.

Well, there's Federico Vandimion for one, plus a great number of generals and nobles from Midland, Tudor, and other countries that are part of the Holy See alliance. Basically that ball is a perfect target for a Kushan surprise attack.
Guts displaying his prowess (albeit unintentionally) should impress the nobles... wonder where that could lead :carcus:

btw :chomp: rules!
 
Now all Ganishka needs to do is attack ports. I'd send a wave of light infantry through there and secure the surrounding buildings, which i would call in a second wave of croc man when the croc men finally get there I'd have the light infantry go in. Now I'd send in some "guys" to take care of the scu... what's going on again?
 

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Now all Ganishka needs to do is attack ports. I'd send a wave of light infantry through there and secure the surrounding buildings, which i would call in a second wave of croc man when the croc men finally get there I'd have the light infantry go in. Now I'd send in some "guys" to take care of the scu... what's going on again?
I think we attack at dawn...
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tell Me Why said:
Can we get the freakin' episode already? I can only survive off of one picture for so long.
Well geez, since you ask so nicely... How about you get a subscription to YA for all of us yourself, you ungrateful bastard.
 
So how many animals turned into demon beast does that make

Elephants
Whale
Crocs
Tigers
Horses
Dogs

did I leave any ..... and sweetness to the person who took the time to add the Hue :chomp:
 

Kagami

Goo!
MaN said:
So how many animals turned into demon beast does that make

Elephants
Whale
Crocs
Tigers
Horses
Dogs

did I leave any ..... and sweetness to the person who took the time to add the Hue  :chomp:

Horses and dogs were a different thing. Those were not familiars. Understand this.
 
Top Bottom