Episode 264

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Great stuff. Can't wait for the translation.

Page 10 was my favorite, before Aaz pointed out the visual metaphor going on in page 8. Pretty freaking subtle/awesome work by Miura.

It was also cool to see an updated Guts/Griff from the Golden Age on page 2. :judo:

Aazealh said:
Great stuff. Owen and Guts talk a bit, and Guts isn't smiling. He says he was part of the Hawks, but that it was a long time ago. Nobody seems to overhear, though Isidro's wondering what the matter is. Owen asks where Griffith is, and he thinks that Griffith will save Midland. Guts and the others depart. The pontiff's vision is awesome, it's the come back of the Falcon of Light. He's not in good health and the others are talking about his succession. Mule and Sonia come to him at the end of the episode.
Thanks x1000 Aazealh for having the episode up. Especially this early in the week. :isidro:

Wonderful set-up episode; with the Pontiff at the last page offering his hand to Mule and Sonia (with the Light Falcon's presence all about him) and the image of Guts, teeth gritted, finishing up his talk with Owen on page 4. :guts: With that done with, Guts group is free to be on their merry way through the chaotic city. It'll be fun seeing what the group encounters to their boat ride out of Vritannis and how they'll kill it. :chomp:

Speaking of the Pontiff, his vision of Griffith/Falcon of Light was the stuff you'd expect in art museums. Particularly the bottom panel of page 12 with the Pontiff reaching out for the Falcon's feather. I got a weird "Sixteenth Chapel" vibe when I first saw that. Looking forward to how glorious Griffith's entrance to Vritannis will be. We know now Griffith's left a most favorable impression on the Pontiff to say the least, so Griffith rallying the Holy See Alliance's armed forces under his banner wouldn't be that big of a stretch. Hope the translations clarify things and if the Holy See Alliance is ignorant of Vritannis' peril.

Shirukei said:
And finally, more of Sonia's scenes :serpico:
That little lady is really growing on me; calling the Pontiff an old man wasn't enough, but to me it's sinking in Sonia's the calm aloof to Mule's serious nature. A sign of how they've grown comfortable to and expect that from each other. Nothing I think will be romantic, but a kind of sibling relationship that compliments both of them nicely.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Jhot obs said:
Thanks x1000 Aazealh for having the episode. Especially this early in the week. :isidro:

Wonderful set-up episode; with the Pontiff at the end offering his hand to Mule and Sonia/Falcon of Light and the image of Guts talking through his teeth to Owen on page 4. :guts: Looking forward to seeing what the group encounters to their boat ride out of Vritannis and how they kill it. :)That little lady is really growing on me; calling the Pontiff an old man wasn't enough, but how she's the calm aloof to Mule's serious nature is, IMO, a sign of how they've grown comfortable to each other. Nothing I think will be romantic, but a kind of sibling relationship that compliments each other nicely.
I just think she is nonchalant cause how she can see into the future! She think its all easy which has been leading me to believe that when Griffith shows his true colors that Sonia will fall the hardest since she seems to be growing attached to Griffith the most.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I just think she is nonchalant cause how she can see into the future! She think its all easy which has been leading me to believe that when Griffith shows his true colors that Sonja will fall the hardest since she seems to be growing attached to Griffith the most.
Good point there. Knowing it's going to be all right in a tense situation would do that. But it raises the question if Sonia can read minds, has she done so with Griffith? Or she can't because Griffith's so powerful no one can figure him out/won't due to her idolizing of him? With her behavior, I think the thought of reading the mind of a seemingly divine savior would be out of the question, even with his apostle servants.

When Griffith fulfills the prophecy of bringing an age of darkness to the world, it should logically shatter Sonia's (as well as Charlotte's I presume) beautiful image of him. That, or she'll be too crazy for him to even care and join in on the darkness thinking it's all right (kind of like Rochine).  :zodd:

GoHF

I'm a llama!
We have no reason to believe Griffith can't simply brush off her power and feed her whatever mental images he wants, but I'm guessing the world of Berserk wouldn't be the enthrancingly ugly/beautiful world it is if its characters didn't act the way they do for all the wrong reasons. Meaning, she might be ignoring it and just going with what feels good. Berserk just keeps getting better and the storyteller is getting really good at juggling comedy relief with plot depth. I was kinda afraid he was starting to overuse and rely too much on puck's antics, but it's delivering a lot better than I hoped for.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Awesome, simply awesome, but now I find myself wishing I could read Japanese. Thank you, Aaz, for doing us such a tremendous favor. While a Young Animal subscription is out of my financial question, I'll be sure to put you at ease and buy the manga. You are teh: :badbone:

Anyway, with the Pontiff now enthralled in Griffith's scheme, I doubt it'll be long before we see a marriage and Griffith becoming king. Unless he has plans to do so after the war, however. I guess Guts and Co. are setting off again next ep. Two more weeks...

Akin

MOOO!!!
Aazealh said:
Great stuff. Owen and Guts talk a bit, and Guts isn't smiling. He says he was part of the Hawks, but that it was a long time ago. Nobody seems to overhear, though Isidro's wondering what the matter is. Owen asks where Griffith is, and he thinks that Griffith will save Midland. Guts and the others depart. The pontiff's vision is awesome, it's the come back of the Falcon of Light. He's not in good health and the others are talking about his succession. Mule and Sonia come to him at the end of the episode.

Sox win, sox win!! :isidro: [/offtopic]

Thanks, hopefully there will be a translation by the time i get back from work on predawn Friday. Sleep.. school, work... I got to wake up in <6 hrs, night

And did we happen to find out the pontiff's name in the episode? Perhaps it is pilot... (sorry, tired, bad pun, and something tells me i spelled it wrong)

Thanks for the episode Aaz!!
It is a really cool episode...and after the translation it'll be even better!
(Out of topic)Something made me think "Does Aaz have the episode since two days :isidro: ?!" cause as you said(I dunno in what thread) "Just hearing Griffith name drive Guts crazy" and in this episode we saw Guts "pretty" angry when he's been asked where is Griffith by Owen...wow are you SK-Net spy? :badbone:

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Thamks Aaz.

I like Guts's face on page 4 and the flashback image. The feather work with the pontiff was absolutely gorgeous.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I really liked the wing breaking through the dark clouds. And of course the nostalgic shot of Guts and Griff :judo:

Miura is a genius.
Really nice episode, I wanted Guts band to overheard his conversation with Owen :(, either way it's really interesting how things worked out, Guts expression on page 4 is priceless, and about the Pontiff dream....I wasn't expecting less from it XDDD

Nox said:
Really nice episode, I wanted Guts band to overheard his conversation with Owen :(

Same here, that would turn out intresting. Perhaps Isidro overheard something?! :schierke:
Hope the translations will be released soon...

Shirukei said:
Same here, that would turn out intresting. Perhaps Isidro overheard something?! :schierke:
Hope the translations will be released soon...
Don't look like it, they are pretty far. Even so I can't see Isidro asking Guts what was that about, and Guts saying: "well, he asked me if I was the raiding leader of the band of the Hawks, but it was long time ago....." and all.
I'm starting to think that they won't know Guts history until Casca is healed :/

Are the new episodes being translated by the folks at SK like always? I go to the translations board and they haven't done anything for Volume 30. I've just been going by what board members interpret it as for a while now.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Tell Me Why said:
Are the new episodes being translated by the folks at SK like always? I go to the translations board and they haven't done anything for Volume 30. I've just been going by what board members interpret it as for a while now.
Read the news section of the site.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nox said:
Don't look like it, they are pretty far.

They don't overhear anything, and they don't really care. Isidro just asks Guts who Owen is (after his attempt to peak at Farnese failed), and Guts is elusive as expected. Owen's description of his memory of Guts is interesting though, "a young swordsman with eyes like a beast". :beast:

Tell Me Why said:
Are the new episodes being translated by the folks at SK like always?

Of course. Check it again.

Top Bottom