Episode 264

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Wow, was it just me or was the artwork especially beautiful this episode? Not the Pontiff though.. he was fugly ~__~

So many nostalgic things happened at once. Seeing the shot of Guts riding next to Griffith will probably end up being coloured.. as well as page 10 + 15. As for the plot -- well I can't say much about it, seeing as I can't read hiragana or katakana :miura: But I'm sure it'll be revealing!

Thank you, as always, Aaz. You continue to kick the Modertor scene.. old-skool :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
So the moon is a random decoration you say?
Well, it may play a role in the battle, since a full moon brings out the astral powers, as said by Schierke in ep 239 ("a time when magic exhibits greatly increased power.")

Honestly, I'm suprised a full month has passed since the last one. Though, time has always proven tricky in Berserk.

Walter said:
Well, it may play a role in the battle, since a full moon brings out the astral powers, as said by Schierke in ep 239 ("a time when magic exhibits greatly increased power.")

Honestly, I'm suprised a full month has passed since the last one. Though, time has always proven tricky in Berserk.

Yeah, I think it is definately drawnn there for a purpose, whether be it this one or something else.

Btw, though, do I remember wrong or was it full moon again too little time ago?

EDIT: Oh well, you noticed the same thing too :chomp:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:

Time proves tricky indeed, especially since it's the same moon because only 3 days have passed.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Time proves tricky indeed, especially since it's the same moon because only 3 days have passed.

Is that all it's been? Hmmm...oh well. Man I cannot wait to see if the Pontiff turns into a raving Griffith fanatic. :griff: I loved the artwork in this episode. My favorite had to be when Mule and Sonia opened the tent and the moon was behind them with the feathers falling all around. Is it just me or has Miura gotten better over the last two episodes? :miura: <-- Almost too good. Almost.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Is that all it's been?

Yep. :badbone:

Rhombaad said:
Is it just me or has Miura gotten better over the last two episodes?

I haven't had that feeling, though I liked the artwork in both. When you've reached a certain point in excellence you don't get better anymore, it's just your style evolving. :miura:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
I haven't had that feeling, though I liked the artwork in both. When you've reached a certain point in excellence you don't get better anymore, it's just your style evolving. :miura:

Yup. His work on the vision and the pic of Sonia and Mule, in addition to the two-page spread of the Daka in the last episode were out of this world. No wonder it took him so long between episodes the last time, the Daka spread alone would've taken a week. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Yup. His work on the vision and the pic of Sonia and Mule, in addition to the two-page spread of the Daka in the last episode were out of this world. No wonder it took him so long between episodes the last time, the Daka spread alone would've taken a week. :troll:
I personally think Miura's much further ahead in the episodes, and the breaks he's been taking are his work on BIG EVENTS to come :beast:

Just a FEELING of course.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Yeah that's a lot more likely. I have a feeling there's going to be a ton of big events coming up. Perhaps something to even out-do the Eclipse (it's possible).

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Thank you for the episode. I have that feeling events around Vritannis aren't gonna end this soon. It'd take two more volumes that I wouldn't be surprised, kind of Albion tower style; plus, there isn't only Guts to follow, this event involves more people here : Griffith and his neo hawks, His eminence visiting him and Charlotte and the following, Kushan forces and sorcery-Ganishka, the Holy See Alliance forces, and i expect Azan and Silatt to appear soon again. Anyway, still too soon to do a good speculation, imho... :???:

That was pretty much what I expected from the conversation with Owen. So now we have to start waiting again... Damn it all, it was so nice having all those volumes of manga to devour...

Walter said:
Great stuff. Can't wait for the translation.

Page 10 was my favorite, before Aaz pointed out the visual metaphor going on in page 8. Pretty freaking subtle/awesome work by Miura.

It was also cool to see an updated Guts/Griff from the Golden Age on page 2. :judo:

Maybe I suck at reading, but what's the metaphor? The hawk of light and its shadow? Or that the castle looks sort of like the one Griffith imagined?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's a clear visual metaphor for Griffith, The Hawk of Light and Darkness.

Notice how Miura focuses on the Hawk symbol, and subsequently its shadow. Both panels are distinct and of equal size. Miura is obviously drawing attention to it. It's also worth noting that the shadow is from the Hawk statue, not some independant entity.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Miura's been doing a lot more with dynamic lighting the past two episodes, which might be what you're referring to. Between the daka burning the ships of the last episode and the dream sequence / Mule+sonia entrance, what he's able to accomplish by just using black and white and a few grey tones is jaw-dropping.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Note:

The idea of "the shadow of the hawk" may be those who trail him, the apostles. We are not sure whether or not griffith intends to hurt midland, he may still want it as his own kingdom. But im sure the apostles are really going to cause problems once the war is over. The shadow of him, being his dark army.

Kart said:
Note:

The idea of "the shadow of the hawk" may be those who trail him, the apostles. We are not sure whether or not griffith intends to hurt midland, he may still want it as his own kingdom. But im sure the apostles are really going to cause problems once the war is over. The shadow of him, being his dark army.

qlipoth weren't apostles (by that I mean it's manifestation to interact with the real world which came to be with Griffith.)

1)Kart was saying that the hawk of darkness or the shadow of the hawk has to do with the apostles, right?
2)I answered him to refer to Qlipoth and so to show him that the darkness the hawk brings is not just the apostles...since Qlipoth is not something that had to do with apostles but relates with the new era of darkness Griffith has brought.

Top Bottom