Episode 266

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
aufond said:
The way I see it, Isidro didn't take down Daka that was already wounded by Serpico. Serpico used his wind attack on the charging enemies, taking down the front line. Then when the Daka started tumbling over their unfortunate buddies, Isidro stepped up and got in some stabbing action. I'm not correcting anyone, I'm just getting specific on how I interpreted page 3, although we probably all mean the same thing anyways.

Well, since we're getting specific about what we think took place here... :carcus:

It appears that Serpico's initial attack hit mostly, if not only, the Tigers (page 2), naturally sending the Daka riding them flying off (p.3), allowing Isidro to attack them before they got to their feet(p.3). After that, Isidro used his usual "California Roll" technique(p.4), and thereafter appeared to be generally part of the fray along with Serpico and Roderick (p.9).

:badbone:

CnC

Ad Oculos
aufond said:
The way I see it, Isidro didn't take down Daka that was already wounded by Serpico. Serpico used his wind attack on the charging enemies, taking down the front line. Then when the Daka started tumbling over their unfortunate buddies, Isidro stepped up and got in some stabbing action.

Well, the daka getting up had signs of being the brunt of Serpico's attack. Horns cut off, ect.

aufond said:
Even the Daka seem to be quite taken by Gut's performance.

Besides being horrific looking and probably a lot stronger, I don't see the daka as being much more effecient than the common soldier. In fact, I like the possible idea that the daka are emotionally immature (the easier it would be to control them). So the idea of them stopping their attack to watch Guts fight (awe-inspiring, to say the least) could be a hint of this almost child-like sense of wonder. Theres nothing to prove this, of course, just a thought.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CnC said:
Well, the daka getting up had signs of being the brunt of Serpico's attack.  Horns cut off, ect.

No, the horn was broken because of the fall (if it was Serpico, I doubt it would be hanging there at all, or that he'd have a face anymore), and there's no other damage on the Daka to suggest Serpico's attack affected them at all (anyway, they aren't even being hit on page 2, just Tigers). Didn't you read MY post on what REALLY happened? =)

CnC said:
Besides being horrific looking and probably a lot stronger, I don't see the daka as being much more effecient than the common soldier.  In fact, I like the possible idea that the daka are emotionally immature (the easier it would be to control them).  So the idea of them stopping their attack to watch Guts fight (awe-inspiring, to say the least) could be a hint of this almost child-like sense of wonder.  Theres nothing to prove this, of course, just a thought.

One thing is for sure, they're certainly tragic creatures. In the last episode after Guts killed the Kushan controlling them, they looked awkward and confused. They just stood around harmless, helpless and vulnerable; I don't think I've felt more sad for horrible monsters, except for... oh my God, it can't be!?

little_monsters_174.jpg

B0001AW14C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I knew those Daka looked familiar![/pun]​

BTW, didn't he have a similar broken/dangling horn during the latter half of the movie? Miura is totally ripping Little Monsters. :troll:

Nice episode...like some said it's a typical "character developement" episode and personally I'm VERY happy of the show of Isidoro's growth...I mean he could and will (surely) have a great role later in the story he can't be a dead loss!!!
Moreover IMO a travel with someone like Guts(branded  :void:)must not be so easy and you HAVE to improve to survive...so if he'd stood a "brat" I'd find this very disapointing  :SK:
And about
CnC said:
Besides being horrific looking and probably a lot stronger, I don't see the daka as being much more effecient than the common soldier. In fact, I like the possible idea that the daka are emotionally immature (the easier it would be to control them). So the idea of them stopping their attack to watch Guts fight (awe-inspiring, to say the least) could be a hint of this almost child-like sense of wonder. Theres nothing to prove this, of course, just a thought.
I totally agree!They really seem "simple minded"...feel sad for them :judo:

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
No, the horn was broken because of the fall (if it was Serpico, I doubt it would be hanging there at all, or that he'd have a face anymore), and there's no other damage on the Daka to suggest Serpico's attack affected them at all (anyway, they aren't even being hit on page 2, just Tigers). Didn't you read MY post on what REALLY happened? =)

Didn't you read my post? or as I like to call it, "THE post"? there totally needs to be college courses based on it.
I suppose thats possible, it looked like such a clean cut. Either way, they're injured.

"Griffith No More!" said:
One thing is for sure, they're certainly tragic creatures. In the last episode after Guts killed the Kushan controlling them, they looked awkward and confused. They just stood around harmless, helpless and vulnerable; I don't think I've felt more sad for horrible monsters, except for... oh my God, it can't be!?

I'm tellin' ya, after this whole thing's over the Daka are gonna be great pets/servants. They're the poor-man's golem.

great episode, thanks again guys,

something im wondering about; are we going to see Azan before they get to the ship, I mean he was around some episodes ago when Isidro was fighting pirates.

Well it would be great to see him join the group. Imagine the fighting power addition it could be.

Nice episode. Finally, all Guts' group members start to be useful and all that 'skill improvement' which was going on in some of the recent episodes paid off. Daka once more proved that they're almost as useless as the SW Stormtroopers. It'd be really good if during the next 2-3 episodes the group met Azan and gotten to the ship.
Magnifico kicks ass :)

Thanks for bringing the episode with such haste.

gatsu97 said:
something im wondering about; are we going to see Azan before they get to the ship, I mean he was around some episodes ago when Isidro was fighting pirates.
I'm sure with how close the group is to the docks they'll run into Azan if he's still around that area. His presence has got to serve a purpose and I don't think it's for Griffith's (he hasn't even shown his face in Vritannis and Azan was last seen near the port) sake.
gatsu97 said:
Well it would be great to see him join the group. Imagine the fighting power addition it could be.
The group (besides Roderick and Magnifico) saw a bit of his skill with an iron quarterstaff already, so at least Guts, Farnese and Serpico know how good he is in a serious fight (as opposed to Schierke and Isidro watching him smash pirates). The adults are aware of what he can do, though I'm more interested in seeing how he'll join the group, if he does.

Good episode, the boats coming ever closer...

I think my favourite part was Gut's new idea to attacking the Kushan elephant thingy by taking a direct blow, haven't seen him get overly hurt for while. After this his recovering wounds will probably be in a poor state once again.

Dembol said:
Finally, all Guts' group members start to be useful and all that 'skill improvement' which was going on in some of the recent episodes paid off. Daka once more proved that they're almost as useless as the SW Stormtroopers.

Because they cant take down a group of warriors who know what they're up against, are for the most part highly skilled, and often times using magical weapons.

Reola908

Kill...
The battle with that big monster with Gatts was kinda lame if you ask me. I mostly enjoyed Isidoro actully kicking ass with that: I don't care look, must kill.

Im goin to be suprised if I ever see Isidoro become excellent fighter (almost like Gatts when he was a kid). Im goin to be even more suprised when one day Isidoro saves Gatts from like a Apostle Demon or somthin.

*sigh* It's never gonna happen....

Jhot obs said:
I'm sure with how close the group is to the docks they'll run into Azan if he's still around that area. His presence has got to serve a purpose and I don't think it's for Griffith's (he hasn't even shown his face in Vritannis and Azan was last seen near the port) sake. The group (besides Roderick and Magnifico) saw a bit of his skill with an iron quarterstaff already, so at least Guts, Farnese and Serpico know how good he is in a serious fight (as opposed to Schierke and Isidro watching him smash pirates). The adults are aware of what he can do, though I'm more interested in seeing how he'll join the group, if he does.

I'm thinking they will make it to the port and see ships burning...maybe the fire spreading from mast to mast....and then in the distance they see someone who's fighting the Daka to a standstill...Azan...followed by a 'holy shit, look who it is!'   At least, that's what I'm thinking anyways.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Proj2501 said:
I'm thinking they will make it to the port and see ships burning...maybe the fire spreading from mast to mast....and then in the distance they see someone who's fighting the Daka to a standstill...Azan...followed by a 'holy shit, look who it is!'   At least, that's what I'm thinking anyways.

I don't know how things are going to turn out, but I'm with you in that the group is most likely going to run into Azan before they head out. Maybe they'll pick up another member? Then again, Azan would probably stay behind to help as many innocents as he could.

Rhombaad said:
I don't know how things are going to turn out, but I'm with you in that the group is most likely going to run into Azan before they head out. Maybe they'll pick up another member? Then again, Azan would probably stay behind to help as many innocents as he could.
I doubt anyone's left for Azan to protect, at least nearby, and I don't think0 he'llmarch off deeper into the city to guard anyone else. But who knows what's going on inside Azan's head now.

Anyway, now that the makara's dead, who thinks the Kushans are going to make a stronger effort to kill the group? In one night, Guts and company foiled their attempt to assassinate the nobles, took out a bunch of dakas, tigers and now a makara. Guts and everyone who can fight are planning to kill the remaining dakas and tigers off and head through the warehouse area towards the port, but I don't see the Kushans letting up after them when they've lost another makara in their Vritannis campaign. That raises the question of what else can the Kushans do when all the familiars they introduced into Vritannis keep failing to stop this one group? I'm hoping it's something like an appearance by Daiba himself once the group makes it to the port and finds Roderick's ship.

kimedog

mmmmmm BEER!
I hope for Rakshas to come and "OWN" the Daka/Pishasha/Makara/Daiba and whatever is left.

After all there isn't enough Skull KNight/Rakshas action!!!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Who is this handsome fellow in the post above mine?

Thanks for the episode Aaz/GOHF. I love seeing Isidro kick some ass! Its been a while since I read an episode, I gotta keep up!

Ok, i feel like a dumbass asking this....but maybe its cuz i worked all day and am having a brain fart....2 things: Why was Guts and Co. attacked at the beach in the first place? And about Silat....when he first met guts....why was he leading a group of mercenaries...shouldn't he have been with the Kushans? Like I said i feel dumb asking....but someone clarify things for me please.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Why was Guts and Co. attacked at the beach in the first place?

Daiba and his troops were "cleaning" the coast around Vritannis before launching the assault on the city itself.

Proj2501 said:
And about Silat....when he first met guts....why was he leading a group of mercenaries...shouldn't he have been with the Kushans?

The Kushan empire is composed of various autonomous clans, and the Bakiraka (Silat's clan) is special among these. We aren't given any specific reason as to why he was there fighting in a fair and why he later accepted to lead the attack on the Hawks' camp (he accepted to lead the attack after Guts refused, the men weren't his), but there are many possibilities. He could have been trying to improve his fighting skills by travelling alone (much like Guts) or trying to raise funds to restore his clan's status for example.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Tell Me Why said:
I'm getting kind of tired of just watching Guts do the same thing. Guts meets monster, Guts owns monster, everyone stands there and looks in awe, etc. It feels like it's been ages since Guts fought someone that actually matters. Just my little rant..

I can never get tired of seeing Guts do what he does best and that's "Swinging away" I can perfectly understand what his companions go thru when there looking in awe.

Ok, I have some gripes about this episode. Firstly, does anyone else find it odd how Isidro is just owning these things like he's some battle-hardened warrior? I think Miura made him too strong, too fast. Secondly, I'm getting kind of tired of just watching Guts do the same thing. Guts meets monster, Guts owns monster, everyone stands there and looks in awe, etc. It feels like it's been ages since Guts fought someone that actually matters. Just my little rant..

all right, ill agree with you that ishidoro(or whatever) has improved...alot. However, you have to consider the fact that Puck is helping him immensly by blinding his enemies.So really, it's puck who is doing the owning.

As for the last time there was a good fight, i liked the serpico battle. It showed how much skill each of them had (serpico for tactics;guts by showing he can do more than just swing his sword).

but personally, i want to see a rematch between Grunbeld and guts(minus berserk armor) as hopefully, that wound Slan has given him will have healed...a little.

Top Bottom