Episode 266

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Title: 妖獣都市(2) - City of the Demon Beasts (2)

06v01.jpg

Ugh, one picture does not satisfy the need for an enitre episode.....those crazy Pishacha are up to their tricks again.....GO SERPICO!!!!! and yes....im a lil drunk at the moment.... :carcus:

This will be hot =)

I kinda see this fight as a "redeemation" for Guts.

Cause the first time he fought this monster, he lost control and relied on the armor. But this time, I'm hoping he can win without the suit. So you know, kinda redeeming himself. =P But that's just me

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
At long last! Serpico is holding his own, as usual. Hopefully Guts will be able to battle the Makara without relying on the armor too much. :beast:

D

darkbane

Thanks Aaz. :D

Nothing surprising with the preview this time, but I doubt Guts will be done grilling the makara filet in one episode :S Which is probably a bit unfortunate as I'd really like for them to get on with the story already :S oh welll.

Fuck yeah; dakas and tigers that close to that group is going to be a sweet battle. And this may be a naive question, but is this the first time Serpico draws blood from something using his magic sword? I can't recollect him doing that against the trolls, crocodiles, Kushan castors or the dakas.

Looking forward to when the episode's out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
lpzie said:
I kinda see this fight as a "redeemation" for Guts.

A redemption you mean. :void:

lpzie said:
But this time, I'm hoping he can win without the suit.

Well he's still using the armor, but yeah, let's hope he won't succumb to the Beast. I'm not sure we should talk about redeeming himself here however since he saved his comrades the last time by doing that, even though he almost killed them afterwards.

Rhombaad said:
Serpico is holding his own, as usual.

Yup, don't be too confident though, these Daka look like they're about to strike at him, hopefully that won't stop him but I'm wondering if he'll get wounded again (some habit he has). I think this time he might make it without too much trouble.

darkbane said:
Nothing surprising with the preview this time, but I doubt Guts will be done grilling the makara filet in one episode

I wonder actually, I don't think the fight will last very long. It'll probably end in the next episode at max, the characters then progressing and getting to the port.

Jhot obs said:
And this may be a naive question, but is this the first time Serpico draws blood from something using his magic sword?

No, he used it to fight against trolls, familiars and apostles before. EDIT: If you just mean blood flowing after he cuts something, it happened when he severed the Kelpie's tongue.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Jhot obs said:
And this may be a naive question, but is this the first time Serpico draws blood from something using his magic sword? I can't recollect him doing that against the trolls, crocodiles, Kushan castors or the dakas.
If you mean as far as him fighting things with the sword, obviously not; but I have a feeling you mean actually seeing blood as a result of his attacks on an enemy; and I can't recall every bit of blood/gore from every single panel, but I'm sure there have been other instances where his sword has drawn blood rather than just slash straight through an enemy.

And nothing in the immediate future that I can really think of to speculate about, so cheers for now, thanks you for the preview.

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?
Ha! Finally the next episode draws near!!! Wonder if this will stick with Guts' groupor if the pope guy will show up. Hope it stays focused on Guts and company.

Aazealh said:
EDIT: If you just mean blood flowing after he cuts something, it happened when he severed the Kelpie's tongue.
Yeah, I was referring to seeing Serpico use his magic sword to make some monster bleed. I should have rephrased it better; it just caught me by surprise to see Serpico bloody up a monster with that sword as opposed to having its head fall off without leaving any stains like he usually does. :serpico:

Anyway, nice to see the fight's already started.

Yes! The new episode is, finally, almost here.

Nice preview. I was also surprised to see Serpico's magic sword drawing blood. Doesn't happen very often.

Can't wait til the 22nd (or round abouts)! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well guys, looks like the episode is out. :badbone:

Nothing much happens as we expected, the group fights the familiars, Serpico and Isidro both do wonderfully and Roderick even helps a bit, although Schierke has to save the ever useless Magnifico. Farnese is as effective as usual with her snakes. Guts has some trouble with the Makara and has to resist the temptation of the Beast, but he eventually triumphs and gives it an old school arm cannon coup de grace, sliding down the monster's trunk and joining the others with a spectacular jump in order to fight the few enemies left.

Aazealh said:

Nothing much happens as we expected, the group fights the familiars, Serpico and Isidro both do wonderfully and Roderick even helps a bit, although Schierke has to save the ever useless Magnifico. Farnese is as effective as usual with her snakes. Guts has some trouble with the Makara and has to resist the temptation of the Beast, but he eventually triumphs and gives it an old school arm cannon coup de grace, sliding down the monster's trunk and joining the others with a spectacular jump in order to fight the few enemies left.
Thanks again for the extra Xmas present, Aaz! You do so much for so little in return. :serpico:

Now that I've looked over this episode, it's fucking amazing to see Guts whaling on that makara and finishing it off in a single episode. :isidro: Leaps and bounds above the last time; not letting his beast get the best of him. And I think it was long overdue for him to bring out the big gun for this one. This should be like what; the 12th time we see Guts use his arm cannon? Almost thought Guts went berserk in that armor on the corner of page 11, but the man's resolve came through with how efficiently he killed that thing. Looking forward to reading the translation and finding out how exactly he got on that building's roof.

I'm impressed with how well Isidro and Serpico have gotten in battling these things: I didn't know Serpico can send out multiple gusts of wind at enemies and I'm liking how Isidro can take on several inhuman monsters that quickly (right after Serpico) without Puck.

Great way to end the episode/volume 30 with all the real men upfront ready to finish the rest off with the women (and Magnifico :schierke: ) in the safe background with the dead makara. And it's only 24 days this time to the next episode until we get to find out what else they'll run into so close to their ship or if the story will switch to Griffith's side now that things are getting calm for Guts' party. :griff:

Thanks again Aaz for the episode being available this early. :badbone:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks Aaz and a premature Merry Christmas to all! :guts:

coolerimmortal said:
A good episode, but...3 weeks until the next one? Not again!

Well this last wait was longer than 3 weeks, but it's not really that big of a deal. Trust me, you'll get used to it. :beast:

Anywho, it's good to see the group doing what they do best. Isidro is demonstrating just how much he's been improving over the course of the group's battles. He's getting more and more efficient at taking care of monsters and the like. Roderick is at least attempting to fight on par with the rest of the team, which is more than I can say for Magnifico. Really great to see Guts start using the powers of the armor without losing control of himself for once. Least that's how I imagine he got onto that roof so quickly. Good to see the arm cannon make an appearance, too. Great episode, can't wait until the next one, as usual. :void:

D

darkbane

Aazealh said:

Thanks Aaz. Amazing, I'm so glad that my pessimistic prediction was wrong after all ^_^.

Edit: The Band of the Beast should be renamed into "Guts and his Wives". You'd think they would stop being astounded after all they've seen him do -_-;;;

CnC

Ad Oculos
Guts took the makara in one episode as expected. Not his smoothest kill, but hey, it got the job done. Still managed to catch on fire :guts:

3 weeks isn't too bad, but here's to hoping he can get back into a regular routine.

EDIT: Thanks aaz

Top Bottom