Episode 279

I checked out the new Young Animal that came out today in the hopes of seeing an update, but the only Berserk-related material I found was a 4-page "Berserk Encyclopedia". It listed the major turning points in the series and had a timeline of important events. Kind of neat, I guess.

Next volume is out 11/10, so we'll have to keep waiting.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NTSC-J said:
I checked out the new Young Animal that came out today in the hopes of seeing an update, but the only Berserk-related material I found was a 4-page "Berserk Encyclopedia". It listed the major turning points in the series and had a timeline of important events. Kind of neat, I guess.

Yeah, and part 2 of their little retrospective should be in the next issue.

NTSC-J said:
Next volume is out 11/10, so we'll have to keep waiting.

The episode won't be there next time either. Just making sure everybody knows in advance that it's useless to ask. We'll tell you guys the date as soon as it's announced.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I think it makes perfect sense to bang out these battle episodes before releasing them. Rather than trickle them out on a monthly (or however long it takes to draw them) basis they can maintain as much momentum as possible between releases as they return to a manageable level of detail.

There's someting I wonder about Griffith. It is pretty obvious he is setting things in motions to become King and he probably will succeed, but when he does is he going to rule over humans as common king or does he have something else plan in mind with the godhand? Remember during the eclipse, Void called this new era the age of darkness, I mean that's seems a little darky, no? So I think maybe he is more establishing a land for apostles and the way I see it, humanity will be enslaved. What's gonna happen to humans, we must remember that apostles eat human flesh so they need them (kind of). And what about the ones who are in griffith's army? Probably the whole world will look like the towns in the first 3 volumes with kind of apostle lord ruling over a small town in exchange for some villagers once in a time. But eventually people will go and ask griffith's help because he became king thanx to his good reputation and then, will he finally reveal his true personnality or keep acting as a true savior of midland.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
There's someting I wonder about Griffith. It is pretty obvious he is setting things in motion to seduce Princess Charlotte and he probably will succeed, but when he does is he going to be happily accepted as a suitor or is the King going to go completely apeshit crazy and throw him in the tower?  I'm not so sure the future is looking too rosy for our little band of hawks...

(eh, kind of a pointless post. Feel free to prune, friendly mods.)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
There's someting I wonder about Griffith. It is pretty obvious he is setting things in motion to seduce Princess Charlotte and he probably will succeed, but when he does is he going to be happily accepted as a suitor or is the King going to go completely apeshit crazy and throw him in the tower? I'm not so sure the future is looking too rosy for our little band of hawks...

(eh, kind of a pointless post. Feel free to prune, friendly mods.)
THE KING IS DEAD.

Checked out the 11/10 issue of YA and they had part 2 of the Berserk Encyclopedia, this time focusing on the turning points in Griffith's life. Also there was a preview (re: advertisement) for a Gaiseric (sp?) necklace. Neat.

Yes nothing in YA so far but look for any news regarding Miura not nessesarely having to do with Berserk. Theres been rumors about him working on a possible side project but no official confirmation. Im very curious and wondering if anyone on these boards knows something?

RealHarlekin

Me hungry!
Tomo Ruisu said:
Theres been rumors about him working on a possible side project but no official confirmation.
Yes, might be a possibility. Perhaps he is working on the "Japan" story with Buronson-sama to get some creative distance from Berserk.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
RealHarlekin said:
Yes, might be a possibility. Perhaps he is working on the "Japan" story with Buronson-sama to get some creative distance from Berserk.

I think he explicitly stated he had no interest in working on Japan anymore.
And personally I hope he never touches it again...
I could barely stomach it the first time through..

S

Some Guy

Just out of curiosity, what was the longest break Miura has ever taken between episodes :???:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Knight o' Skeleton said:
Just out of curiosity, what was the longest break Miura has ever taken between episodes :???:
As far as I can remember, in my time following the series episode-by-episode (since ~August 2000), 3 months has been the longest. And I'm pretty sure that was around the beginning of Millennium Falcon. There's a japanese site that has the episode release dates, I'll check it out and report back when I find something.

Huh... Guys, just calm down and wait some more time. Here, have some information what's currently in YA about Berserk. Check it out and keep waiting... :carcus:

REVIEW 1 GUTS
Link Removed
REVIEW 2 GRIFFITH
Link Removed
REVIEW 3 CASCA
Link Removed

Fucking shit dude, those scans were amazing... but now I´m beggining to feel a little bit desperate for a translation regarding what is written on the Gaiseric´s pendant page x_x . Anyway, this is more than enough for me to keep on waiting, I bet this review would be really convenient for those who want to make a fast check about the main events on Berserk!

Thanks a lot man :guts:

Yami no Tsubasa said:
Fucking shit dude, those scans were amazing... but now I´m beggining to feel a little bit desperate for a translation regarding what is written on the Gaiseric´s pendant page x_x . Anyway, this is more than enough for me to keep on waiting, I bet this review would be really convenient for those who want to make a fast check about the main events on Berserk!

Thanks a lot man :guts:
Hey Yami, you can check out ART OF WAR's official website and get some more information about the GAISERIC necklace. By the way, it's pretty cool and well-decorated if it hang on your neck.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yami no Tsubasa said:
now I´m beggining to feel a little bit desperate for a translation regarding what is written on the Gaiseric´s pendant page x_x .

Nothing interesting, really... They're just advertising it. The best part is their atrocious misspelling of "Gaiseric."

Mordenheim

Wii love you
Tomo Ruisu said:
Yes nothing in YA so far but look for any news regarding Miura not nessesarely having to do with Berserk. Theres been rumors about him working on a possible side project but no official confirmation. Im very curious and wondering if anyone on these boards knows something?

RealHarlekin said:

I've heard the rumors about side projects too. Not anything about Japan but Berserk stuff like a art book or video game and even a gaiden like snow and flames but bigger. Thats the one I want and have heard most and since this isn't a normal break the silence from all camps hopfully means something else from what we've seen before.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Miyamoto said:
Not anything about Japan but Berserk stuff like a art book or video game and even a gaiden like snow and flames but bigger. Thats the one I want and have heard most
Uhh... Maybe you could elaborate? By gaiden I guess you mean side-story. That'd be cool, but I'd really only expect something like that to happen between arcs, not in the middle of a war. Then again, I've been wrong before :judo:

Well, I'm interested now. Does anyone have any more details?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Uhh... Maybe you could elaborate? By gaiden I guess you mean side-story. That'd be cool, but I'd really only expect something like that to happen between arcs, not in the middle of a war. Then again, I've been wrong before :judo:

Well, I'm interested now. Does anyone have any more details?

Not about that but I did check Sunday in the YA and they had more continued History of Berserk's time line. It had a few recaps of Gut's and Zodd's fight along with the most current one of Gut's and Ganishka. I hope its soon that the episodes are released again.

No release date as usually lately =P

Miyamoto said:
I've heard the rumors about side projects too. Not anything about Japan but Berserk stuff like a art book or video game and even a gaiden like snow and flames but bigger. Thats the one I want and have heard most and since this isn't a normal break the silence from all camps hopfully means something else from what we've seen before.

Wow that is great to hear! I had just about given up hope hearing anything from this board because most people seem to be missing the point that Miura isn't only still hard at working but possibly on a other Berserk project or story. I have heard a lot of the same things going around including that it is no coincidence that in absense of Berserk from YA they have been publishing background information and particularly timelines. I really think it is going to be some sort of history of Berserk. Maybe even something involving the past of Skull Knight and the forming of Midland? That is only my speculation though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm posting to announce that the next episode will be present in YA n°2 of 2007, which will be released on January 12.

Top Bottom