Episode 284

CnC

Ad Oculos
Re: Episode 284 (+ special preview)

Yea like I said in the 283 thread I think we still a lot more to see in Vritannis before we switch threads and go back to Guts and Co.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

I'm thinking we will not be getting a preview... anyway, here's to more Griffith!

Maybe we'll get new thread when (if) actual preview comes out? It's fine with me either way, just wondering.

Add my vote to more Griffith and especially Owen. I want Farnese's daddy to meet Griff as well.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Griffith No More! said:
Does anybody think the episode might switch to Guts and co? Personally, I'd like to see a little post-battle pillow talk with Griff and his new friends. =)

I think it's a little too early to switch back to Guts' group, as there are a few more things to wrap up in Vritannis (the arrival of the Pontiff, for one).  I'm hoping it sticks with Griffith and the Neo Hawks for at least another episode or two to give the battle of Vritannis some sort of closure.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Cruella said:
Maybe we'll get new thread when (if) actual preview comes out? It's fine with me either way, just wondering.

Now that this one's on page 3 we're going to stick with it I think.

I don't think that we will switch to Guts's band right now Griffith's return is still a big surprise for a lot of people (even if they knew it someway) and I'm not sure that everyone will be so happy to see him... so IMO there are far too much interesting things to show right now(aroung Griffith) to switch back to Gut's group(and I did not even talked about Silatt )
We'll know soon enough anyway

This series needs more boat. We waited about 8 years for that thing, and we've seen it once. I'd be content with 20 pages of boat pictures and some water.

I am sure you'll get all the boat you want to, in time. I'll be surprised if we don't get some prolonged fight with some sea monster. To show usefulness of new members and simply for BILC factor. :beast:

lacroixma

I'm still new.

Well April fools or not, this get me thinking... I would like a flash forward in time... I think. Anyways the wait is almost over.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Smith said:
First Post after hibernating for god knows how long... and yea i post just for hague

What an honor, Smith... :schierke:

Anyway, you guys can check this out while you wait, it's the volume 6 of YA's "review" articles, from last issue. This time it focuses on Isidro and Schierke.

Awesome! I especially liked the huge page with Guts' "story"

Those articles are simply short recaps of Isidro and Schierke story, or is there some analysis of character/storyline?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Cruella said:
Those articles are simply short recaps of Isidro and Schierke story, or is there some analysis of character/storyline?

It's more like recaps, presenting the characters.

Anyway guys, there's been an announcement on the official site, YA isn't coming out this week but the next one instead. Come back April 13th.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, you guys can check this out while you wait, it's the volume 6 of YA's "review" articles, from last issue. This time it focuses on Isidro and Schierke.
Thanks Aaz, love the awesome pic of Isidro with the Guts mask on :serpico:

Young Animal #8 was originally supposed to be released of April 6th. That's what it said at the end of Episode 283, but looking at raws from Young Animal Issue #7 it says Issue #8 goes on sale April 13th. It was pushed back a week for some reason.

The Young Animal website says the same thing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

xi0 said:
Young Animal #8 was originally supposed to be released of April 6th. That's what it said at the end of Episode 283, but looking at raws from Young Animal Issue #7 it says Issue #8 goes on sale April 13th. It was pushed back a week for some reason.

The Young Animal website says the same thing.

You're aware I said this 2 posts above yours?

Ah, I see now...although I don't remember it being there.

Maybe I'm losing my mind.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

xi0 said:
Ah, I see now...although I don't remember it being there.

Maybe I'm losing my mind.

Well, I edited it in something like 10 minutes after I originally posted, but that's still hours before you did. No big deal though, I was just wondering if nobody read my posts anymore (:judo:).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Aazealh said:
Anyway guys, there's been an announcement on the official site, YA isn't coming out this week but the next one instead. Come back April 13th.

Awwwww. Well, thanks for the info, Aazealh.

Aazealh said:
No big deal though, I was just wondering if nobody read my posts anymore (:judo:).

Poor Aazo...

xi0 said:
Young Animal #8 was originally supposed to be released of April 6th. That's what it said at the end of Episode 283
It wasn't originally supposed to be released on April 6th. Young Animal issues are released on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month. The date at the end of the previous episode was wrong, that's all.

Well I suppose that sort of thing can happen when you are talking about three issues from now, but I figured their editors wouldn't let that sort of thing slip by.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.

I'm about ready to go out and kill something, all this crazy-talk about Guts 20 years older and none of the images are showing up for me! Can't see Shit Captain!
Still It's good to see Olivier back, I'm proud that I lurked enough to know why we should all be rejoicing too.

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.

i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw that post, but here he is. The Hague is back. That alone is enough a reason to stop lurking.

Well, back on the topic, and the speculation of a calm 20 years on a fantasy island, as presented by Fryman:

Well, that sounds well and good, and just about every character on board wouldn't mind such a long vacation (even Guts, though reluctantly). Well, every character save one: How do you think Isidro, an adventurous 12 year old might feel about 20 years of doing nothing, with the only company available being a swarm of elves as annoying as Puck and a bunch of tired old wizards and witches? He'd want to leave, bad. And, i suspect, so would Guts as soon as he's patched up.

IgnusDei, I'm glad you stopped lurking, because we both started posting right around winter of 03 I think and were hazed as newbs together, we both disappear and lurk for years/months at a time, and you have the best avatar on the board as far as I'm concerned. Newb hazing unites us all!

Anyway, I can't see Miura allowing this to go on for 20 years. Not only would Guts and Isidro hate that sort of thing, I can't see Guts and Griffith not meeting again for 20 years, provided that Guts just hangs out at the one location containing a large amount of magic users who pose a threat to him. If he allocated Grunberd, Zodd and a slew of apostles just to take out Flora, I'm inclined to believe he'll be dealing with this community of magic users as well. Plus, if Casca is healed in the course of this, will Guts still want to keep his band together? He has certainly become attached to them of late, but I think that Casca is still his priority, and Farnese wont be able to escape Roderick without some trouble (provided he survives the journey, of course). I'd be rather interested to see a jump forward in time that opened with a razed Elfhelm, a victorious Griffith and one exceedingly angry, though back to normal mental state, Casca.

For some reason, when I saw the panel where Guts looks back at his band and then thinks to the Hawks, I couldn't help considering what happened just after he had a similar revelation upon returning, just before the Eclipse. Granted, causality is a spiral, but whether Guts is able to keep them together-and alive- should prove to really develop the story, I think.

Top Bottom