Episode 284

Re: Episode 284 (+ special preview)

You know, they aren't technically married yet, and it was always customary in medieval Europe for the pope to marry royalty... Couldn't standing beside be a reference for a new union, perhaps?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

bph said:
You know, they aren't technically married yet, and it was always customary in medieval Europe for the pope to marry royalty... Couldn't standing beside be a reference for a new union, perhaps?
I'd think the readers would have been invited to an event like that. It wouldn't happen on the battlefield, or in a war camp.

Well, I'm just saying that debating what Griffith is going to do in Midland AFTER he marries Charlotte is to put the cart before the horse, in some ways. It's probably a foregone conclusion that it will be happening soon, I admit, I was just trying to throw out another possibility for the metaphor. It's just that people constantly start arguments by saying "After Griffith marrries Charlotte", x y and z will happen, when it's not a foregone conclusion, even if it's almost certainly what will happen.

Miura said that now that he's done drawing all those soldiers he should get back to his normal pace.
So what does it mean? That there won't be any battles in nearby future? I wonder if we'll spend few episodes with Griffith (I hope it takes more than one episode, I'd like to see more reactions from Owen, Pointiff and others) and then jump to Guts and co and then return to the battle with Ganishka?

That Griffth bloke needs to be taken down a peg or two!
I guess witnessing his rise is supposed to make us salivate even for his fall! I admit though that I get quite a kick-out out of Griff and co, it's so diabolically hilarious - he's totally evil and yet everything works out for him perfectly and everyone adores him. :schierke: It's also fun to see this sweet, sweet act. :zodd: I wonder if great apostles will hide out in the shadows (unlikely, they ARE famous warriors) or will they get their own share of applause like old Hawks, rolling their demonic eyes all the way.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Cruella said:
So what does it mean? That there won't be any battles in nearby future?

It just means he's done drawing the thousands of soldiers he'd been working on for the past 6 months, and which were the reason there was a big break in the publication.

Cruella said:
I wonder if we'll spend few episodes with Griffith (I hope it takes more than one episode, I'd like to see more reactions from Owen, Pointiff and others) and then jump to Guts and co and then return to the battle with Ganishka?

I think it'll be something like that, yeah. Several episodes with Griffith in Vritannis showing the aftermath of the avorted battle, then cut to Guts' band in midsea, then back to Wyndham as the Holy See Alliance marches against Ganishka under Griffith's banner.

Cruella said:
I wonder if great apostles will hide out in the shadows (unlikely, they ARE famous warriors) or will they get their own share of applause like old Hawks

Famous warriors reportedly dead, though. It could go either way, really. Rakshas and Irvine probably wouldn't show themselves, so people would freak out at Grunberd and Zodd (Locus being mostly tolerable), but I think it could be done. Or they might just not show themselves, which would be as well.

It just means he's done drawing the thousands of soldiers he'd been working on for the past 6 months
Could you kindly elaborate? If he's done drawing soldiers, does it mean there won't be big battles with many soldiers after next episode at least, or is he drawing them in advance or something? I'd like to understand process a bit better.

Famous warriors reportedly dead, though.
Wow, it flew right over my head. I guess there are positives and negatives in both scenarios, on one hand, people might indeed freak out,, OTOH, support of famous warriors can speak in Griffith's favour. Not that he needs it all that much.

Anyway, thank you for all clarifications.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Cruella said:
Could you kindly elaborate? If he's done drawing soldiers, does it mean there won't be big battles with many soldiers after next episode at least, or is he drawing them in advance or something? I'd like to understand process a bit better.

I'm not sure what there's to elaborate on... What do you think, that there's going to be a huge battle in episode 285? Common sense says this isn't happening. But then again, an actual battle isn't required for many soldiers to appear. As for drawing them in advance, who can tell? I'd tend to say yes since he spent 4 straight months on it (so it'd be including at least a part of the future battle in Wyndham), but ultimately there's no way to be absolutely certain.

Cruella said:
support of famous warriors can speak in Griffith's favour. Not that he needs it all that much.

Indeed, I don't think he really needs to showcase famous warriors since his accomplishments speak for themselves.

Do we know when the episode will be uploaded? This is the first time I've ever eagerly anticipated an episode before it came out so I'm not sure if a norm has been set.

I am correct in thinking that YA comes out today (FRIDAY) ?

Be well,
Jesse

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Jaze1618 said:
Do we know when the episode will be uploaded?

Sorry, I'm afraid you'll have to keep pressing F5.

Jaze1618 said:
I am correct in thinking that YA comes out today (FRIDAY) ?

It's always on friday... And actually, it came out already, it's not even friday anymore in Japan.

A

avidwriter

Aazealh said:
Sorry, I'm afraid you'll have to keep pressing F5.

It's always on friday... And actually, it came out already, it's not even friday anymore in Japan.

It came out already.....oh I hope I can see it before I have to go to work tomorrow at least. : D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

NOCOMPROMISE.jpg

Nice episode, nice announcements. What more to ask? :guts: And man, first Owen appears, then Vandimion, then Charlotte. I should have bought a lottery ticket or something, this friday the 13th had me lucky. Finally, only the more presentable of apostle leaders (Locus) showed up, a sensible compromise if you think about it. Anyway, though expected, I find Midland's nobles reaction to Griffith funny considering what has just happened. And their faces when they see Charlotte... ":isidro:"

A bit off topic, but does anyone know what page 21 says? I'm guessing it WAS just a prank, but either way, adult Schierke looks weird, and adult Isidro looks quite a bit like Gambino. I don't know how I feel about that, but it's good to know he eventually does get to wield a full sized sword (although the one he has is rather wimpy).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

bph said:
A bit off topic, but does anyone know what page 21 says? I'm guessing it WAS just a prank

It advertises the release of a new edition of Berserk, which I detailed earlier in the thread.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Wow, awesome stuff. And those Midland nobles, assholes as ever. But man, that final shot of Griffith sitting next to Charlotte; the ultimate badass, check and mate. =)

And I think this is the first time I'm as excited to see the ads translated as I am the episode.

My apologies, I thought you were just referring to page 20 when you explained that. It really doesn't pay to drop out of Japanese at 201 level, I suppose...

EDIT: Wow, I'm stupid, I just got the pun. Berserk 20 years later referencing the fact that the volumes are being reprinted in a new form after twenty years, while also showing us Guts and the band in 20 years. That was the first laugh out loud moment I've had while reading Berserk, in awhile.

Also, Vandimion certainly looked surprised, but didn't appear to be particularly happy about Griffith's return. I'm interested to see just how easily he accepts Griffith's new role in the Alliance.

Aazealh said:
There's going to be a republication of Berserk volumes with bigger books in Japan. A5 format, 530 pages for the first volume, around 500 for the second, etc. The release will start on Thursday, May 10 and then one volume will come out on every other thrusday. The first 12 of these volumes should cover the first 27 "standard" volumes. Price isn't known for now.
I expected a "kanzenban"-like edition, but it turns out to be a "remix"-like one, so I'll pass... Besides, even if I were interested, I wouldn't know how to get those.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Thanks, as always, for the episode, Aaz!

Griffith No More! said:
But man, that final shot of Griffith sitting next to Charlotte; the ultimate badass, check and mate. =)

There were a lot of great shots of Griffith in this episode, but that one in particular is my favorite. He just looks so pleased with himself.

Griffith No More! said:
And I think this is the first time I'm as excited to see the ads translated as I am the episode.

Same here. I'm especially curious about the "20 Years Later" page. Looks like my initial suspicion of it being another SK.net April Fool's joke was incorrect. :-[

Page 22 is...interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing a translation of it. It's a little late for an April Fool's prank...but something seems suspicious.

Isidro looks like someone stuck Gambino's head on Guts' body. Quite interesting.

Great episodes, by the way.

Top Bottom