Episode 284

Re: Episode 284 (+ special preview)

does anyone else think Schierke is looking alot like Flora in that 20 years later pic?

That 20 Years Later page... Interesting... I agree that Isidro certianly looks like Gambino, and Schierke looks... weird... Anyway, it'll be interesting to see the translation of it. As far as I can tell it seems to say something about June 8th (?)... But yeh, translation... can't wait!

Thanks for the episode, Aaz!

Thanks Aazealh.

I suppose Charlotte's presence will not be enough to silence/gain the support all the nobles, i wonder how Griffith is going to deal with them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Griffith No More! said:
Wow, awesome stuff. And those Midland nobles, assholes as ever. But man, that final shot of Griffith sitting next to Charlotte; the ultimate badass, check and mate. =)

Yeah, well that's not to say Griffith didn't provoke them, but they sure are as thankless today as ever.

Anyway, a little summary, very rough of course: As Griffith arrives in front of the ramparts, soldiers comments on how beautiful a knight he is. Owen says he's definitely the old Griffith, hero of Midland, etc, and that he looks untouchable. Vandimion introduces himself very politely (not surprising), asks what country Griffith's army represents. Griff says they're the band of the hawks, Midland's liberation army, recruited directly by the royal family (like some kind of personal army or something). Some guy ironizes that "just one division of knights can be a liberation army?" And tells Griffith it's just big talk, to which Griff replies that they're currently the only regular army of Midland. On that note Midland's nobles come into play. Griff is literally like "long time no see" while the bald guy voices his surprise that the White Hawk is really still alive. He asks him to take back his words, tells him that he's just a commoner, etc. That traditionally, Midland's army has been controlled by the nobles.

Then Locus intervenes and says it's different, asks whether they have ever fought any battle against the Kushans. He points out that a country's army should protect their people during rough times, and that these guys didn't perform their duties. The bearded guy starts mouthing off and says they don't know where Charlotte is, then that Griffith is a criminal. He's interrupted by Charlotte herself who tells him he's wrong. She mentions her full name (Charlotte Beatrix Marie "Ruhodi" (Lehody?) Wyndham), and declares as the princess of Midland that Lord Griffith, her fiancé, is the commander of Midland's armies.

bph said:
Also, Vandimion certainly looked surprised, but didn't appear to be particularly happy about Griffith's return. I'm interested to see just how easily he accepts Griffith's new role in the Alliance.

Not surprising for him to be wary, he's really got no reason to be particularly happy from a political point of view, even though the Hawks just saved Vritannis' ass. Just wait until the Pontiff shows up (likely soon, in the coming episodes) to see the face he'll make. :void:

Olivier Hague said:
I expected a "kanzenban"-like edition, but it turns out to be a "remix"-like one, so I'll pass... Besides, even if I were interested, I wouldn't know how to get those.

Not just any remix, it's My Best Remix! :troll: Anyway I'm planning on buying them all, I'm thinking amazon.co.jp should carry them. Volumes will be ¥630 each (~$5), so it's a good enough deal I guess.

Jaze1618 said:
would you please explain kanzeban vs. remix? I don't understand the difference

Kanzeban are some kind of collector's editions, high quality releases, usually limited editions too. They're pretty much the best edition one can hope for.

FRS said:
I suppose Charlotte's presence will not be enough to silence/gain the support all the nobles, i wonder how Griffith is going to deal with them.

Well, Midland's nobles are all kneeling on the floor so as far as they're concerned, things are good. As for the nobles from foreign countries, in spite of a random mustachio's protests, Griffith just saved the whole alliance by himself. That's quite a feat. And the Pontiff will come into play very soon too, so that'll likely rally them all to his cause.

Wow! What an amazing episode! Thank you so much Aaz, you're the coolest. *burns incense and sacrifices a goat on his shrine to Aaz*

I especially loved the last page, of Griffith and Charlotte sitting together. Griffith looked so... inhuman... to me in that image; as if he were too perfect or omniscient... almost like he were some insanely powerful being in a human body. :troll:

I do believe... The first page on next episode... Will be showing Sonia looking at Griff and Charlotte in dismay... :schierke:

Judo

Midlands finest

Thanx Aaz...

Is it just me or is Charlotte looking more adult in this episode than before?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Judo said:
Is it just me or is Charlotte looking more adult in this episode than before?

I think it's about the same than in episode 258, only with different clothes. She just seems more mature dressed like a princess/queen (and acting like one) than like a peasant. She definitely looks older than she did back in the old days though, but that's normal.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Jeebus! The sheer amount of detail on these pages is astounding. This episode alone has so much I'm surprised it was ever finished. Simply amazing.

And the expression on the noble's faces was priceless.

Aazealh said:
She mentions her full name (Charlotte Beatrix Marie "Ruhodi" (Lehody?) Wyndham), and declares as the princess of Midland that Lord Griffith, her fiancé, is the commander of Midland's armies.

2 milestones: an engagement AND we here our main characters actually have last names :) What would be after the wedding, I wonder.

Aazealh said:
Not surprising for him to be wary, he's really got no reason to be particularly happy from a political point of view, even though the Hawks just saved Vritannis' ass. Just wait until the Pontiff shows up (likely soon, in the coming episodes) to see the face he'll make. :void:

He doesn't exactly look too happy about Charlotte, either. :griff: Looks like the poor guy had his heart set on calling the shots

Thanks Aaz.
By the way,the scan of episode 283 does not like the same as unsual.Size's smaller.
And i also want to get the remix books at the very first time with my friend's help who is in japan.Is that price's right?630?i think it's cheap except for the fee of transportation.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

blueberserk said:
By the way,the scan of episode 283 does not like the same as unsual.Size's smaller.

That is a very insightful, valuable and timely observation.

Thanks Aaz.

I'm beginning to wonder now, does Griffith really love Charlotte or is she a mere tool, a stepping stone like so many other lives in Griffith's pursuit of his own kingdom? She seems to have given Griffith exactly what he wanted.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

ironman said:
I'm beginning to wonder now, does Griffith really love Charlotte or is she a mere tool, a stepping stone like so many other lives in Griffith's pursuit of his own kingdom? She seems to have given Griffith exactly what he wanted.

My guess is she's a mere tool. Whether or not he'll throw her away if/when he becomes King, though...

CnC

Ad Oculos

There has been no indication that Griffith has any feelings for Charlotte.

Thank you Aazealh on your opinion re: soldiers.

And giant thankyous to Aaz, Puella, and everyone involved for episode and for translation!

Charlotte is totally a tool for Griffith, she wasn't more than that IMO even back then when he could have actual human feelings and his blood wasn't "frozen" or something. I guess he doesn't mind her, she's like a good sword - good, useful thing. I wonder if he felt some warmth towards her back then, pre-demonized, about the same as for ordinary soldiers in his group, but who knows, and hardly more than that.

It was fabulous to see old favs. Unexpected and great to see Locus bring on the righteous smackdown on nobles. I get impression he believes in what he is saying, those knightly apostles sure are different from ordinary trash. I know they aren't cuddly angels but it seems like they really try to stick to their principles, some ideals. Good thing Griffith choze Locus as his number duo here, imagine how Zodd would calm down those nobles, he'd probably simply let out shattering grrrrrowllll and they'd all faint. :zodd:

Great point about names, I was never sure about them. I know it won't happen, but would be fun if during wedding ceremony, we heard Charlotte say "I take thee, Jonathan Bartholomew Griffith..." :chomp:

Top Bottom