Episode 292

Guts[LCF]

† Kuroi Kenshi †
Aazealh said:
It's semi-monthly, not bi-weekly. And yes, there is a difference.

Yeah that's what I meant, I messed up on my words there. It comes out twice a month is what I meant... dont know why I wrote twice a week.

Point is, we still don't know if the 22nd there will be a release. Chances are we will, I'd say about 50% since by then it would have been 3 months since the last episode release. No information on a break this long came out either so I doubt it can carry on for much longer. BUT this is Berserk we are talking about, and there have been many long(er) breaks in the past. We might not get information a month in advance all the time, but most of the time we did. Like episode 288 was released July 27th and in that issue we had a release date of September 14th for 289 (just an example but I know what you mean). Besides it wouldn't really be a month in advance, more like.. 18 something days until the 22nd so usually we get some sort of information on unmentioned release dates in the episodes something like 1-2 weeks in advance. I just hope to see the good news on here soon. I think all Berserk fans can't wait for the next episode.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Guts[LCF] said:
Point is, we still don't know if the 22nd there will be a release. Chances are we will, I'd say about 50% since by then it would have been 3 months since the last episode release. No information on a break this long came out either so I doubt it can carry on for much longer. BUT this is Berserk we are talking about, and there have been many long(er) breaks in the past. We might not get information a month in advance all the time, but most of the time we did. Like episode 288 was released July 27th and in that issue we had a release date of September 14th for 289 (just an example but I know what you mean). Besides it wouldn't really be a month in advance, more like.. 18 something days until the 22nd so usually we get some sort of information on unmentioned release dates in the episodes something like 1-2 weeks in advance. I just hope to see the good news on here soon. I think all Berserk fans can't wait for the next episode.

A simple "I don't know when the episode will be released" would have sufficed. No need to break out percentages or go on at length about nothing :guts:.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I'm going to type this in MIRC spiel so only a select few will understand me.

[me=Uriel]wishes this thread would be locked until the next episode comes out.[/me]

It was a little technical for some of you ingrates, but I know one of the powers that be can translate my internet hieroglyphics.

Edit - Holy shit Wally; you built a feature like that in?!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
[me=Uriel]wishes this thread would be locked until the next episode comes out.[/me]

It was a little technical for some of you ingrates, but I know one of the powers that be can translate my internet hieroglyphics.

Edit - Holy shit Wally; you built a feature like that in?!
[me=Walter]slaps Uriel with a large trout.[/me]

I didn't do it. The guys who made YabbSE/SMF forums did it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts[LCF] said:
this is Berserk we are talking about, and there have been many long(er) breaks in the past.

Well, there haven't been many breaks lasting for over 10 weeks in the past. Just a couple, really. We're living troubled times. :SK:

Guts[LCF] said:
We might not get information a month in advance all the time, but most of the time we did. Like episode 288 was released July 27th and in that issue we had a release date of September 14th for 289

Yeah but that's different from the present case, where the break didn't have a pre-planned duration. We may learn about the next episode release in YA directly relating to the next issue (it could be 3 issues in advance as well, but the point is that nothing is sure). Honestly if I were you I wouldn't try to analyze it too much, I don't think there's a rule these things follow. Just buy the 10 DH volumes you're missing in the meantime. :guts:

Uriel said:
Fantastic!

Never switch to vBulletin, man.

Hahaha, like we'd ever do that.

Guts[LCF]

† Kuroi Kenshi †
I'm gonna buy the later DarkHorse mangas, what is there a Berserk fan can do more then pruchase the material? But yeah 2007 and (early) 2008 has been a slow time for Berserk.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Guts[LCF] said:
what is there a Berserk fan can do more then pruchase the material?

Start drawing the manga yourself. There just so happens to be a "Station" which welcomes the "Creation" of artistic works!

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Well look at it this way: Since we're suffering from Berserk relapse, the fight scenes in the epic battle between Griffith and Super :ganishka: will look all the more epic!

Guts[LCF] said:
For those who have the artistic talent... maybe so.

If I had that talent I would have started continuing the story myself... Of course this personalised version would be kept for me and myself only haha...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
If I had that talent I would have started continuing the story myself... Of course this personalised version would be kept for me and myself only haha...

Thank God, I wouldn't want to be exposed to something like that.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, you're all welcome to post in the Vagabond Inn, there's been 2 episodes, going on 3, out in the last week there; so, maybe our energy would be better spent posting there as well, where there's something to post about? I don't know, just an idea I'm throwing out there. =)

Tanma

lord of the pit
It will be out soon, guys. :puck:

Anyway, if I were japanese, I would boycott Young Animal. Things only change if it hurts in the pocket. :troll:

Tanma said:
It will be out soon, guys. :puck:

Anyway, if I were japanese, I would boycott Young Animal. Things only change if it hurts in the pocket. :troll:

I thought these "delays" were due to Miura.
I wouldn't want to hurt HIS pocket book. That can only hurt the quality of the manga.

Tanma

lord of the pit
Nah, this is a capitalist world. Seeing from a non-fanatic perspective, that's it.

Three-four weeks to do every episode is ok, but 3 months without giving any information about what's going on is a disrespect for the consumer, and that's what people who buy YA are in fact.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Tanma said:
Nah, this is a capitalist world. Seeing from a non-fanatic perspective, that's it.

Three-four weeks to do every episode is ok, but 3 months without giving any information about what's going on is a disrespect for the consumer, and that's what people who buy YA are in fact.

You don't buy YA (instead relying on others who do to post them for free), and therefore really have no say in the matter.

Consider that we know nothing of Miura's obligation to release episodes, for all we know he could get paid by the episode and therefore is under no real obligation to release them at all until he feels they're done. A boycott of the publisher would be a pointless as your whining.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
CnC said:
You don't buy YA (instead relying on others who do to post them for free), and therefore really have no say in the matter.

Consider that we know nothing of Miura's obligation to release episodes, for all we know he could get paid by the episode and therefore is under no real obligation to release them at all until he feels they're done. A boycott of the publisher would be a pointless as your whining.
I think you fail to understand that all residents of the internet know about big business and publications CnC. You need to sit back and learn a few things.

CnC

Ad Oculos
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
I think you fail to understand that all residents of the internet know about big business and publications CnC. You need to sit back and learn a few things.

Ah yes, of course. I forgot the rules of the internet. Thanks.

Guts[LCF]

† Kuroi Kenshi †
Anyways, rules of the internet or not.. who gives a shit? Easiest thing to do is not reply to such comments thus leaving them in their own little world called belly-button.

About all this buying YA stuff, I think many would buy it if they read Japanese (BAHAHAHAH sure they would) but I know I wouldn't buy it if I couldn't understand wtf it was saying. Everyone on this board SHOULD be buying the DarkHorse mangas though! I only started recently but I knew I would eventually when financially I was more then stable! Btw... is it just me or starting from DH Volume 13 or so those sfx things kinda get in the way? It gets better right? (someone mentioned it was fixed later on but... yeah I wanna know for sure). Got to say the quality from the mangas themselves... are fucking gorgeous, I can scan the pictures I like too and make some nice little MSN display Pictures ;D.

Top Bottom