Episode 294

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Guess that means the final confrontation between Griffith and Ganishka is going to be resolved before we head back to Guts and company.
I don't really think that's the necessary conclusion here. It just means the Kushans, as a military force, will no longer play a role in upcoming events. Before the curtain falls on their reign, I really do think we'll switch over to Guts again.

Is it just me or did the end of Berserk just rear its head? :judo:
I mean there are only so many story arcs before the end, and with Griffith accomplishing his dream, all the major ones that are left are Casca's sanity, Griffith's true nature & the age of Darkness, SK's background & his relationship with the Godhand, the Demon Child, the Idea of Evil and some form of confrontation between Guts and Griffith. Feel free to add or subtract from that.
Of course most of those are just wishful thinking, I don't expect everything to be resolved.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, those are just some of the story arcs that are currently on the table. And I don't think the Kushan's leaving is an indication we're near the end. I mean, would we have thought Berserk was going to end when the Tudor forces were routed?

That being said, I think we all got a sense of imminent ending foreboding when Griffith challenged Ganishka to a final battle in Wyndham. Since then, Griffith's reign has been just around the corner.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Well, those are just some of the story arcs that are currently on the table.

And just with those we could easily get 10 years more of material without covering everything. In the end it'll be Miura's call.

Draulix

FOOOD!!
It aint over say it aint so.
It will never be over til Teresia the Slug count's daughter makes another appearance and shanks Guts or something. I feel she will have a role some time in the future but not any time soon but until I [can only hope to] see her again, Berserk wil not end.

Walter said:
I mean, would we have thought Berserk was going to end when the Tudor forces were routed?

That was different, Griffith was certainly in arms reach of his dream but it's like there was a fence in the way. The Midland Royalty was a hurdle he could not pass while the king was alive.
Zodd's prophecy hadn't been resolved at that point, maybe it wasn't that obvious but I'm sure some people knew things were about to turn tragic. And that was all just a flashback.. but you of coarse already knew all this, I feel like I'm preaching to the choir here. :puck:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I don't really think that's the necessary conclusion here. It just means the Kushans, as a military force, will no longer play a role in upcoming events. Before the curtain falls on their reign, I really do think we'll switch over to Guts again.

Gotcha.

Draulix said:
I feel she will have a role some time in the future but not any time soon but until I [can only hope to] see her again, Berserk wil not end.

I doubt very much she's coming back. I've heard other people voice predictions of her return, but it just doesn't seem likely to me. Unless you were joking, in which case I'm a jackass. ><

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draulix said:
It will never be over til Teresia the Slug count's daughter makes another appearance and shanks Guts or something. I feel she will have a role some time in the future but not any time soon but until I [can only hope to] see her again, Berserk wil not end.

Hahaha, that's a real classic. :guts: Like Rhombaad said it seems unlikely at this point, but hey, I wouldn't mind if she made a cameo.

As for the story ending, again, it's not like it's looming over the horizon.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
raban.gif

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Rhombaad said:
You don't happen to work for Dark Horse, do you?
Yeah I do. We decided to Americanize the sound effects a la Viz Shonen Jump releases now. Look forward to Volume 22 this week!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Seen it before.

Wondering if you visited AN and pilfered that URL. Either way, it's an amusing enough image.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well it's alright guys, it's not like it's the most original image macro ever made anyway. But of course, it'd still be preferable if the author was credited.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Draulix said:
It aint over say it aint so.

I thought of that myself, then I immediately thought that if it does end like that that it would Head-Fuck me so much that I'd have to kill something.

Thanks for the episode gang.

Yeah can you imagine if it was like American Beauty where the main character just dies because some self-hating character took them by surprise.

Pistol

black heart with brown eyes
You know... Although I think the ending to the animated series was very befitting- very dramatic not dragged on and yet unplanned, I would have really liked to see this EPISODE animated. u_u

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Pistol said:
You know... Although I think the ending to the animated series was very befitting- very dramatic not dragged on and yet unplanned, I would have really liked to see this EPISODE animated. u_u

I was trying to imagine this, but I could only imagine it being incredibly disappointing in comparison to this episode.

... Print out all the pages on photo paper and tape em, making a flip book. Create sounds and voices with your mouth. Use tin foil and a hammer for the sound of heavy rain.

Top Bottom