Episode 297

Obviously I don't want a rushed P.O.S. Who does? Same old song and dance: Berserk is marvelous because it isn't a rushed 'Naruto' type deal.

I'm on the edge of my seat though!!!!!

Late august has been my guess for the next episode since episode 297 was released. I don't expect anything before that. If we don't get anything by October I'm gonna guess we won't se anything until next year. But I think we'll get one more batch of two episodes before next year.
I'll pretend I didn't read that so I could live peacefully in hopes of it coming out tommorow :)
Seriously though, late august? October? Next year? This is... INSANE! I can't wait that long :(

S

smoke

CONSPIRACY THEORY: Miura has the entire manga done and releases individual episodes at long intervals to maintain suspense and keep the fanbase clawing for more.

Discuss.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
Late august has been my guess for the next episode since episode 297 was released. I don't expect anything before that. If we don't get anything by October I'm gonna guess we won't se anything until next year. But I think we'll get one more batch of two episodes before next year.
This post is full of shit.

smoke said:
CONSPIRACY THEORY: Miura has the entire manga done and releases individual episodes at long intervals to maintain suspense and keep the fanbase clawing for more.

Discuss.

Haha I wouldn't be surprised if thats the case.

Naturally I'm eagerly awaiting the next release, however there's something about the story that makes me accept the long waits. The fact that it's so damn good makes it worth the wait, when a new volume gets released I'm content for at least another month, trying to figure out exactly what happend, admiring the art and sifting through earlier volumes to find clues about the next release.

I don't have that with any other manga I read and one of reasons I do with Berserk might be because of the long wait between volumes, allowing me to explore every bit of information I can find. Or maybe I explore everything because it takes so long.

Either way, it only helps to increase my intrest.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
SPOILER ALERT:
Raban kills Ganishka. And before that, Ganishka eats Griffith and his army. And Guts watches it happen from the boat with Roderick's binoculars. Then he gets sick and pukes out the Beast of Darkness and it disintegrates. After puking, he stumbles backwards and accidentally bonks Casca's head and trips Schierke. After getting bonked, Casca all the sudden says, "Wai... Wha?? Oh hi Guts. Griffith was a jerk for raping me. Thanks for taking care of my retarded ass, Farnese. Nice meeting all you guys. Again. Well, you get it. You get it." Schierke, having being tripped, falls and somehow her staff is broken in two. A burst of power hidden inside the staff hits Guts real hard and a new arm springs out of his stump and he grows another right eye. Everyone looks at each other and whispers, "Let's party."

Oh. And Skull Knight kills the God Hand.

15 YEARS LATER

Guts retires from ass-kicking and moves into an apartment. The rent is shared between him, Casca, Puck, Rickert (who now has a beard), Erica (who graduated from medical school), and the mysterious boy. Casca and Guts have three kids named Tim, Andy, and Oprah.

Schierke is now a full-grown witch woman. She plants a bunch of trees and makes a new sacred witch forest and witch house. Isidro plays the role of both the crazy neighbor and the deadbeat husband.

Farnese and Roderick get married, and... I guess they have kids and her dad finally accepts her or something.

Serpico is no longer Farnese's bodyguard. He invents Las Vegas and starts a legal prostitution ring. Every now and then he comes over Farnese's and Roderick's house to play cards.

Griffith is now reincarnated as a cat that can fly. But he realized he was an A-hole, so he's harmless. He mostly flies around and meows now.

As for our hero, Skull Knight, he ends up slaying every single bad guy on Earth. Afterwards, he joins the Philadelphia Eagles.

Gobolatula said:
Serpico is no longer Farnese's bodyguard. He invents Las Vegas and starts a legal prostitution ring. Every now and then he comes over Farnese's and Roderick's house to play cards.

LOL

Donald Shimoda said:
As long as Miura finishes Berserk within his life time, he can take all the breaks he wants.

Don't you mean in YOUR lifetime... It seems that your general perception is that his lifetime will be over before yours haha :chomp:

dimasok said:
Seriously though, late august? October? Next year? This is... INSANE! I can't wait that long :(

Come on Aaz set some of these impatient guys straight...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Actually we need a dateline instead...

prezvoid.jpg

"There should be no definitive timetable."

puella

Berserk forever
I can relate with Miura as far as my personal work experience goes. I'm not that fast with my work because I love to check many things in detail over and over again. Basically I don't want to deliver my work when I'm not satisfied with that. I always think that if my clients give me enough time to complete my work, they'll get more than what they pay for. That's why I understand Miura. When the artist thinks he needs enough time, we shouldn't urge him in any case.

I don't think it's good to expect a person who makes incomparable wine to produce it as fast as any company makes a soda only because many other manufacturers have been doing it.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Good points puella. Berserk is Miura's brain child and property first and foremost. He can take as much time as he wants if that's what is necessary to create something that is up to his standard.

usually to make the wait easier i read something else like spawn or the darkness till new issues come out and hello everyone this is my first post

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
toolkid2112 said:
usually to make the wait easier i read something else like spawn or the darkness till new issues come out and hello everyone this is my first post

Todd Mcfarlane still writes Spawn? Even more unbelievable, are there people who still read Spawn?

Guts' intestines said:
Todd Mcfarlane still writes Spawn? Even more unbelievable, are there people who still read Spawn?

Apparently they're even making a new film :troll: but honestly it's in dev hell.
I actually know a guy who's one of Todd's close friends.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Ramen4ever said:
Apparently they're even making a new film :troll: but honestly it's in dev hell.
I actually know a guy who's one of Todd's close friends.

Oh my God Spawn 2 has been in rumored development for like 8 or 9 years, or atleast from what I heard way back. I haven't read one of those comics in a long time either, have everyone up to #26, however.

smoke said:

Discuss.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has the majority of the story already WRITTEN and well planned out in advance. The main thing stalling the series is that it takes forever for :miura: to draw his damn good artwork.

If he is physically unable to finish the series by drawing it I honestly hope that the remainder of the series will be released in the form of a Novel, so that way we can have at least some closure to this EPIC series.

Guts' intestines said:
Oh my God Spawn 2 has been in rumored development for like 8 or 9 years, or atleast from what I heard way back. I haven't read one of those comics in a long time either, have everyone up to #26, however.

last year I heard that it was going to focus on those 2 cops investigating spawn cases, so spawn is more of an outside mysterious figure rather than a "LOLOL MACHINEGUNS!" that the first movie went for

take from that what you will

Top Bottom