Episode 297

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Aazealh said:
Hahaha, it's a real pleasure to see some creative humor in an episode thread for once. You're a pretty good artist too, Gobolatula, why don't you post some more stuff in the Creation Station?
Oh snap, many thanks!

I'll head to the creation station. And... If I see an opening, I'll strike.

I found that on animenewsnetwork :
This year's 20th issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine has announced on Friday that Honey and Clover artist Chika Umino will be drawing for Kentarou Miura's Berserk fantasy manga — specifically, drawing an alternate cover for the manga. The magazine's 21st issue will bundle Umino's alternate cover for Berserk's 33rd volume as a bonus extra; the magazine issue and the manga volume will both go on sale on October 24. The special promotion will mark the return of Berserk to Young Animal after a four-month break.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ryouma said:
I found that on animenewsnetwork :

Wow, that's pretty cool.  It'll be interesting to see Umino's take on Miura's characters.  Here's some art of hers I found on Google:

53694092ju3.png

Think Ganishka will make the cover?

Edit: Gender blunder.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That's kind of coincidence with the crossover thread and all, and to see another mangakas representation of Berserk...

...it's one step closer to my dream of Miura and Inoue switching series for a week. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
It'll be interesting to see Umino's take on Miura's characters. Here's some art of his I found on Google

He's a she. ;)

While it'll indeed be interesting to see her take on Berserk, the real question to me is: is she Miura's girlfriend? :isidro:

Hahaha I wonder if this will start a rumor. Gossip away!

Wow. It's such a pivotal point in the series. It's interesting that he would pick now to be appropriate. I would think of this current episode as um..rather huge and wouldn't want to draw any attention away from the content of the episode itself. But that's just me talking. None the less, it will be a nice change of pace.

Why her though?

I'm with Griffith, seeing Inoue draw Berserk = messy pants. :troll:

MAYBE HE'S PICKING HER AS HIS SUCCESSOR AND 298 WILL BE THE LAST EPISODE HE DRAWS FOR. jp

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Wow. It's such a pivotal point in the series. It's interesting that he would pick now to be appropriate. I would think of this current episode as um..rather huge and wouldn't want to draw any attention away from the content of the episode itself. But that's just me talking. None the less, it will be a nice change of pace.
I don't see how it would distract any attention from the main event. I mean, it's just an alternate cover for vol 33. It's probably he forgot to do it and so he asked his girlfriend to do his homework for him :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
If anything it's the opposite, maybe they're doing this exactly to draw readership back after such a long layoff (IT'S BACK, OH AND LOOK AT THIS!)... by having Miura's GuRLfriEND draw Berserk for him. :carcus:

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
Aazealh said:
[T]he real question to me is: is she Miura's girlfriend? :isidro:

Hahaha I wonder if this will start a rumor. Gossip away!

Is she reasonably attractive? I haven't been able to find a photo of her amid all the Honey and Clover pages and live-action promos on Google.

-edit-

Found this bit here: http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/archives/portable_fantasy_and_clover.html
"Umino Chika herself turns out to be a pretty shy and reserved individual, who speaks with a rather low voice during the entire time. It also appears to me that she was quite nervous about having to appear in front of many people like this."

Apparently she obscured her image on a DVD release by hiding behind the teddy bear she uses to represent herself in the manga...

Anyway, we know Miura's a bit of a recluse... so the idea of it no longer seems as weird as when I first read Aaz's post...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
einherjar said:
Is she reasonably attractive?  I haven't been able to find a photo of her amid all the Honey and Clover pages and live-action promos on Google.
Would it matter? I mean, Miura's not exactly a hottie or anything himself. And.. are you QUESTIONING Miura's choice in WOMEN?! Blasphemer.

Based on the artwork we've seen of Umino's so far, I can already picture what her Guts will look like, and it's pretty cute :guts:

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
einherjar said:
I'm just curious... And she seems really secretive, so she must be a hottie! :casca:

Miura is pretty secretive as well, so they match in that respect. I've been following Berserk for about 6 or 7 years now and I've only seen maybe 3 photos of Miura (and even those few seemed pretty hard to find).

I'm glad to hear the break is over. Just my luck to start following the series closely again during the longest break in Berserk history. :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I don't see how it would distract any attention from the main event. I mean, it's just an alternate cover for vol 33. It's probably he forgot to do it and so he asked his girlfriend to do his homework for him :guts:

Well it's an alternate cover, he still did the real one. It's just a bonus from another popular Young Animal mangaka.

einherjar said:
Is she reasonably attractive? I haven't been able to find a photo of her amid all the Honey and Clover pages and live-action promos on Google.

Here she is:
UminoChika.jpg

einherjar said:
Anyway, we know Miura's a bit of a recluse... so the idea of it no longer seems as weird as when I first read Aaz's post...

He's not that much of a recluse, it's just that his job doesn't make for a very social life. Miura's often deplored that he didn't meet enough people and felt lonely in the past.

Walter said:
Would it matter? I mean, Miura's not exactly a hottie or anything himself. And.. are you QUESTIONING Miura's choice in WOMEN?! Blasphemer.

You're saying Miura isn't a hottie?! YOU're the blasphemer! :miura:

kimchan said:
Miura is pretty secretive as well, so they match in that respect. I've been following Berserk for about 6 or 7 years now and I've only seen maybe 3 photos of Miura (and even those few seemed pretty hard to find).

On the other hand, he's not a rock star. It's true there aren't that many pictures of him around, but from reading his interviews and various comments over the years I don't think he's exceptionally secretive. Just not very outgoing. :void:

I thought I once read on here that Miura had a kid, that he was going to pass the serise down to. Maybe that was a figure of speech of forum members assuming what Miura would do in his old age. But it led me to believe even to this point that he had a wife and family. Guess not. :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I thought I once read on here that Miura had a kid, that he was going to pass the serise down to. Maybe that was a figure of speech of forum members assuming what Miura would do in his old age.

That was just bullshit from people who were joking around. He's not going to pass the series down to anyone and he's unmarried as far as we know.

Aazealh said:
That was just bullshit from people who were joking around. He's not going to pass the series down to anyone and he's unmarried as far as we know.

Wow, so indeed its their first step to relationship? :isidro:

Anyway good to see that Miura is finally back on track, I was speculating the next few episode to be quite epic :badbone:

Top Bottom