Episode 303

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Beast of Darkness said:
Do you mean that the flash in Femto back is the "slash" from the SkullKnight sword?.

I didn't post to point it out (I was just quickly replying to Griff with another picture), but yes, at the moment it seems the light could be coming from the sword and/or the "portal" as SK is making his appearance.

Looking at this preview, it seems at first Griffith may not actually be reaching down (while kneeling), but instead out. Then the blinding light behind him might be a slash, by the look of Griffith face it might of actually done damage, maybe enough to bring Griffith to his knees, or at least enough to make Griffith concerned. IDK, the light might be only Skully coming through a portal.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
I guess Skull Knight will deliver "the wound" or whatever that was, I kind of doubted Ganishka would be capable even with this transformation.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Looking at this preview, it seems at first Griffith may not actually be reaching down (while kneeling), but instead out.

Yeah, we already mentioned this possibility earlier.

Death May Die said:
Then the blinding light behind him might be a slash, by the look of Griffith face it might of actually done damage, maybe enough to bring Griffith to his knees, or at least enough to make Griffith concerned. IDK, the light might be only Skully coming through a portal.

It's definitely not a slash. SK attacked afterwards; when we see the light on the double page would when he's arriving there at the earliest.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
I guess Skull Knight will deliver "the wound" or whatever that was, I kind of doubted Ganishka would be capable even with this transformation.

"The wound"? What do you mean?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think he means the "stain" Ganishka spoke of before. Anyway, even given the line suggesting the sword's path in the final panel, we haven't seen anything to suggest a wound has been inflicted or not, we're almost literally at the point of attack, the results of which are the cliffhanger for 304. The episode itself should make the context clearer, so no need to jump to conclusions about Skully making Femto go to his knees etc, most likely their actions have been independent of each other to this point. If Griff transformed in response to feeling Skully coming that would certainly be interesting, though it could have just as well been to deal with Ganishka.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I just like how SK is a no nonsense type of.... guy?entity? Anyways, no grand speech saying how he will stop this event from happening but just a "in out" type of thing. Like a hitman or Jack Bauer :ganishka:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Miura, you cock tease...

Oh man, this shit was so fuckin vague. I think the only thing that's somewhat clear is that Griffith "transformed" into Femto, instinctively i suppose, because of Skully's attack.
Can't wait for the next episode.
The art is becoming so ridiculously amazing that it just leaves me speechless. Miura's always improving, but now, i think he reached his peak. Just... wow!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
I think he means the "stain" Ganishka spoke of before.

That's my guess too. The thing is, it doesn't have to happen. It was just wishful thinking on Ganishka's part.

Griffith said:
Anyway, even given the line suggesting the sword's path in the final panel, we haven't seen anything to suggest a wound has been inflicted or not, we're almost literally at the point of attack, the results of which are the cliffhanger for 304.

Yeah pretty much. SK strikes at the end of the episode, and so far there's no telling how it'll turn out.

Griffith said:
If Griff transformed in response to feeling Skully coming that would certainly be interesting, though it could have just as well been to deal with Ganishka.

Well if that's any indication, the summary from the Japanese guy that posted the pictures clearly says he transformed to toy with Ganishka.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I just like how SK is a no nonsense type of.... guy?entity? Anyways, no grand speech saying how he will stop this event from happening but just a "in out" type of thing. Like a hitman or Jack Bauer :ganishka:

Keep in mind we're missing pages, so he might have said something. In any case SK is badass. :badbone:

NightCrawler said:
Oh man, this shit was so fuckin vague. I think the only thing that's somewhat clear is that Griffith "transformed" into Femto, instinctively i suppose, because of Skully's attack.

I don't know what's vague about it, and I don't think he transformed instinctively. It actually looks like he was already Femto when SK arrived.

NightCrawler said:
The art is becoming so ridiculously amazing that it just leaves me speechless. Miura's always improving, but now, i think he reached his peak. Just... wow!

People have said that before, and they were proven wrong.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Aazealh said:
I don't know what's vague about it, and I don't think he transformed instinctively. It actually looks like he was already Femto when SK arrived.

It's vague, or else we wouldn't discuss how and when Griffith transformed.
As for Griffith being Femto before Skully's arrival, his hand changing makes me believe otherwise. We'll see.

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
Miura, you cock tease...

Skull Knight spontaneously confronting Femto is as much a cock tease as getting cum in your eye. =)

NightCrawler said:

That isn't clear at all, actually, and this isn't the episode, just selected images of it, so it's not surprising it feels like something's missing. Still, that's about all that's vague about it; Griffith is messing with Ganishka, likely finishing what he started in episode 282, Ganishka's life flashes before his eyes, and just as Griffith is consummating the event, Skully unleashes his surprise attack. Will it work!? Tune in NEXT TIME!

NightCrawler said:
Can't wait for the next episode.

Yeah, these last few episodes have been off the charts. Just ridiculous effort.

Aazealh said:
That's my guess too. The thing is, it doesn't have to happen. It was just wishful thinking on Ganishka's part.

Yeah, it would just be a neat twist. Still, I'd rather see Skully not land on his feet for once. =)

Aazealh said:
Well if that's any indication, the summary from the Japanese guy that posted the pictures clearly says he transformed to toy with Ganishka.

Yeah, I don't know why people are so hung up on the idea of being on account of Skully, even in the initial preview it looks like SK was clearly interupting something already in progress.

NightCrawler said:

Again, that's actually because we haven't seen the episode yet. It could still be vague when we do, but it doesn't really matter, the appropriate word for it might be "subtle" in the end.

NightCrawler said:
As for Griffith being Femto before Skully's arrival, his hand changing makes me believe otherwise. We'll see.

That's certainly not the only way to interpret those panels. Especially considering your assertion of intentional vagueness used in the scene.

Griffith

Pretty fucking awesome episode I must say, and not in that just a big cool battle going on kind of way. This was like fucking fan service, but with substance.

Initial thoughts, love Zodd's reactions, and that second to last page, Skully in mid-slice and relishing the moment... might be the best Skully closeup ever. Just saying, and a great episode overall for Skull Knight fans. :badbone:

BTW, does it seem odd that there's no trace of Skully's sword sticking out in that last panel? It's probably just down or out of sight, but wouldn't it suck if instead of that being a slice line, it's what's left after the sword vaporized or imploded when it touched Femto? =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
So it looks like Ganishka's apostle form was just fog all along! That damn phony and his grand talks of magic and having "true power" (as opposed to Locus)! Looks like he wasn't very different from the others in the end. :mozgus:

Also worth noting: It looks like the Vortex of Souls took Ganishka's son. Brings more weight to the idea that it took the Count's wife as well (you read this, xechnao?!).

NightCrawler said:

So is it clear enough that I'm right now? :badbone:

Griffith said:
BTW, does it seem odd that there's no trace of Skully's sword sticking out in that last panel? It's probably just down or out of sight, but wouldn't it suck if instead of that being a slice line, it's what's left after the sword vaporized or imploded when it touched Femto? =)

Hahaha, sure would suck yeah. Doesn't look like it's what happened though. :slan:

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Hahaha, sure would suck yeah. Doesn't look like it's what happened though. :slan:

Would be an awesome twist though, Skully being tricked into disarming himself among his most deadly enemies. :rakshas:

In any case, unless this works dramatically, things aren't looking great for Skully circumstantially. Femto seemingly let him strike, and with no interaction with Ganishka, the question of Rakshas' purpose there is suddenly burning harder than ever with SK's arrival. On that note, I'd say the meeting of the "three kings" is another point against Skully. With Ganishka seemingly taken care of, it makes it seems like Gaiseric showing up isn't just a coincidence... and like he might be next.

*Zodd knocks the unarmed Skull Knight off his steed, and getting to his knees, he looks up at Femto*

Femto: "Today we tie up all loose ends... in this world, there can be only one King." :idea:

=)

Looks like Ganiska's mother commited suicide after he killed his brother. Or did he push her over? Man, his background looks messed up. Glad it wasn't just a one panel thing. Also, does Daiba have a Behelit too or is it a flashback and he's the one who gave it to Ganishka? Probably the latter.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
Looks like Ganishka's mother commited suicide after he killed his brother.

Yes she did. As I stated on the last page.

Aazealh said:
Not to digress, but poor Ganishka. Poisoned at 6 by his own mom. :judo:
Aazealh said:
Well yeah, after his little brother's death his mom killed herself, and then later on his own son was just like Ganishka himself, afraid of everything. So since he was afraid of his dad (looked down on him), he tried to kill him. We know how that worked out for him. :void:

A.C said:
Also, does Daiba have a Beherit too or is it a flashback and he's the one who gave it to Ganishka? Probably the latter.

Daiba gave him the beherit. It was posted on page 2 of this thread.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Excellent stuff.

I love the double-spread of the sacrificial moment. So much going on! Really looking forward to the translations =)

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:
Also worth noting: It looks like the Vortex of Souls took Ganishka's son. Brings more weight to the idea that it took the Count's wife as well (you read this, xechnao?!).

:slan: My speculation was right then. :azan:

It also suggest that maybe the vortex envelop every apostle's branded victim.

Anyway there are no words to say how much this episode is GREAT!!! :mozgus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
:slan: My speculation was right then. :azan:

Well it adds more weight to the possibility, like I said. Notice that the creatures grabbing his son are similar to the souls from the Vortex, but look different from those that took the Count's wife.

Marik said:
It also suggest that maybe the vortex envelop every apostle's branded victim.

Yup. Though we already knew that Branded people were bound to the Vortex one way or another.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
Well it adds more weight to the possibility, like I said. Notice that the creatures grabbing his son are similar to the souls from the Vortex, but look different from those that took the Count's wife.

Yes, of course we have less doubt about the soul of vortex taking care of the branded peoples in the moment of their disappearance. Thought, if we think that maybe the different souls spread at the Count's sacrifice with this Ganishka's one are due to change of style, on the other hand some faces on the Count's sacrifice really resembled to himself.

Aazealh said:
Yup. Though we already knew that Branded people were bound to the Vortex one way or another.

Yeah, that's it.

Griffith

Cronus said:
Femto's speech is quite messiah-like, and ironic given what he's done before :p

Yeah really, a light everyone has inside? Of course, he's a "born again," so what do you expect. It's like God Hand pillow talk, "It's okay, baby... everything's going to be alright" before he fucks him.

BTW, is it too early to speculate about Daiba joining Guts' band now? =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
Thought, if the think that maybe the different souls spread at the Count's sacrifice with this Ganishka's one are due to change of style, on the other hand some faces on the Count's sacrifice really resembled to himself.

Yeah, and we see the Vortex of Souls in volume 3 anyway and it looks just like the creatures taking Ganishka's son in this episode. Ah well, still a step in the right direction.

Daijyashin

Griffith said:
BTW, is it to early to speculate about Daiba joining Guts' band now? =)

At this rate, since in this episode seems fled away, he could be flirting with Rakshas. :casca: :troll:

Top Bottom