Episode 306

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
How interesting Walter, I wouldn't doubt a connection at all, in fact it seems obvious.
Well, I wouldn't be so sure... I don't believe it myself. It doesn't make much sense yet, and at this point could really be almost anything. But, I just saw a potential connection so I thought I'd point it out.

The imagery also resembles some images I've come across of the central nervous system, but also in the brain and heart. But taking this reasoning a step further -- do we REALLY think a giant brain or heart is about to appear in the sky? Even aside how crazy that would be, Miura recently said he's not sure himself if the Idea of Evil will appear again.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
wow the central nervous system one looks spot on. Perhaps this is why Void wasn't really shown, Miura didn't want to spoil his great entrance :troll:, i kid, kid. Void does have some kind connection to the city that ol' :ganishka: just stomped on right? Well assuming Void was part of that Gaiseric tale, so who's plan is coming into fruition Void's, Femto's or :idea: the almighty :schnoz: ? I'm having a bit trouble understanding why the merger of realms was effected.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
The imagery also resembles some images I've come across of the central nervous system

Actually that's an angiography of a lung (so, showing blood vessels). Sorry if I didn't make this clear earlier. :sad:

Slime_Beherit said:
Void does have some kind connection to the city that ol' :ganishka: just stomped on right?

Maybe, maybe not. We're talking about the ancient city that used to stand there and that was destroyed a thousand years before of course, not Wyndham itself.

Slime_Beherit said:
so who's plan is coming into fruition Void's, Femto's or :idea: the almighty :schnoz: ? I'm having a bit trouble understanding why the merger of realms was effected.

Wow. Someone using the word "effected" correctly and not just misspelling "affected". Please, allow me to congratulate you. :serpico:

Anyway, to put it simply, Femto has his own plans and so do the other members of the God Hand, and put together, all their individual plans contribute to a master plan: the Idea of Evil's.

Kavaron said:
The Abyss that we've seen many times.. The evil spirits from hell could come out through Ganishka and haunt the world.

Ah, so you mean the Vortex of Souls, basically. Why not, but keep in mind they are all as one in there.

to be basing yourself on wrong translations.
you've just called skullknight.net translation wrong :???:
Anyway, we've all been using those words with specific meanings in mind, so if you barge in and attribute them other meanings without notifying anyone... Misunderstandings happen.
I do not read most of the threads here, and do not recall someone mentioning the word "layer" frequently and with a specific meaning, but considering that you think that using exact words from sk.net translation is a bad idea, I'm not sure you even have a solution for cases like these ;).
And seeing as both Walter and I posted before you did, I don't see the need for you to ignore what was said. It's not as if you actually posted before we did
I was writing my post for like 30 mins and when I pressed "submit" it warned me about new posts, but I've decided to leave the post the way it was before Walter's post, because thats what I've been thinking atm.
No, actually, they are a part of the astral world... Do you understand?
um, thats actualy what i said.
region of the Spiritual World is a part of the Spiritual World.
Yes, but not necessarily related to regions like the Qliphoth... Wow, is it that hard to get? :schierke:
my point of view makes more sense to me, idk what else can I say. If Spiritual World has both depth and regions then thinking that there is no interaction or relation between them is like thinking those things arent in one world. I see no reason to think that they are completely independent, but see a reason to think that there is some relation between them - they are both used to describe the Spiritual World.
But we're not told any details about this. You realize that, right?
Thats the point of assumption. If it was clearly stated in manga then what I say wouldnt be called "assumption".
Rough example: A = B, B = C
my position: assuming that A = C
your position: But we're not told anything about this :guts:
Why insist on making an amalgam of those words and the notions that accompany them after you've been explained it isn't appropriate?
because at the time i was writing my post it was appropriate (based on the sk.net translation) and I got used to it?
Why not say that Ok, there are at least three worlds and at least two of them have been merging...
Because when someone continues to repeat that I'm wrong and I disagree on that, I'm trying to explain myself more without changing my point much.
you're blatantly contradicting the line of the character
After seeing that you interpret his words differently, I was trying to focus your attention on what his line meant in my opinion.
Basically, it's safe to assume that Ganishka went at the very bottom of the spiritual world (if not beyond)
hm, I like how you call your assumptions "safe" and my "wrong" :guts:
anyway I dislike how you tend to repeat that I'm wrong/mistaking without providing much explanation. only manga can prove me wrong since I'm making assumptions, not statements, so at this point I've lost my interest in discussing this any further.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Danat said:
anyway I dislike how you tend to repeat that I'm wrong/mistaking without providing much explanation. only manga can prove me wrong since I'm making assumptions, not statements, so at this point I've lost my interest in discussing this any further.

I've been following this stupid argument since it started, and I have to say he has given you proper explanation. Just because you chose to ignore the explanation part and focus on the parts where he says you're wrong and mistaken doesn't mean he is any less wrong.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Danat said:
you've just called skullknight.net translation wrong :???:

The translation is not wrong. It's correct to talk of "layers" for the varying depths of the astral world. And rather, we should simply talk of 3 different worlds (corporeal, astral, ideal), a bit like the Holy Trinity in a way. Three parts that form a whole.

Danat said:
considering that you think that using exact words from sk.net translation is a bad idea, I'm not sure you even have a solution for cases like these ;).

Please don't be a smartass. It falls flat and only serves to underline your bad faith. So I'll repeat to you again that the translation you quoted doesn't change the fact your original idea was mixing two different notions: the 3 parts the world is composed of, and the subsections (layers) within the astral world itself. The terminology used is still of little importance in that regard. But you should know anyway that translations aren't always perfect, especially when they're old (though in this particular case, it was correct). That being said, you certainly are going to great lengths to try to circumvent my original point by arguing on semantics here.

Danat said:
um, thats actualy what i said.

No, it's not what you said. Look at your sentence again.

Danat said:
my point of view makes more sense to me, idk what else can I say. If Spiritual World has both depth and regions then thinking that there is no interaction or relation between them is like thinking those things arent in one world.

They're just not necessarily related. That's all. There's nothing more to add. I didn't say they weren't related at all. Some territories are situated deeper than others in the astral world. Within different layers. I'm definitely not saying otherwise. But what matters is that it's not something you can use to back up your original postulation.

Danat said:
Thats the point of assumption. If it was clearly stated in manga then what I say wouldnt be called "assumption".
Rough example: A = B, B = C
my position: assuming that A = C

That's not an assumption, that's a logical deduction. Anyway, the problem I have with your original assumption is that you're relating Ganishka's trip, his newfound power and how "imaginable" he was to the extent the worlds are merging together when it might not be the case. For example, where are the four elemental kings of the world? Or the spirits we've seen Schierke summon?

Danat said:
Because when someone continues to repeat that I'm wrong and I disagree on that, I'm trying to explain myself more without changing my point much.

Yeah Ok, but I explained you that we weren't referring to the same thing, so you know, I expected you to not ignore it...

Danat said:
After seeing that you interpret his words differently, I was trying to focus your attention on what his line meant in my opinion.

But you misquoted the line. Interpretation has nothing to do with it. And it doesn't even matter, that's the funny part. We know Ganishka went very deep regardless of that line.

Danat said:

I think I provided you with enough explanations already. And I believe the manga does prove you wrong on some of what you said.

Walter said:
In trying to figure out just what the fuck we're seeing at the end of 306, I came across something really obvious. However, before I get into this, let me forward it by saying I'm not fully convinced myself the following has any actual connection. However, I think we've seen something visually similar to the ending of 306, in a similarly monumental moment in the series:

[...]

Obviously, I don't think another God Hand member is going to be born here after this massive battle. However, the apostles are transfixed during a similar moment in vol 13, just as the big Femto reveal, with veins underneath then, and now in my opinion -- overhead. I think whatever it is that's appearing in the sky in 306, it resembles something more like blood vessels or veins, or hell even nerve endings, than tree trunks, which seems to have been the dominant theory in the thread. In short, I think it may be something related to the God Hand.

One of the titles did say final god.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Badass mode ash said:
One of the titles did say final god.
Yeah, but that was referring to Ganishka before he split open. Right now something new is appearing/happening.

Knight said:
How should look fissure in 2-D space like window, if we project it in 3-D space? Maybe like "tree"
Your wording is very confusing. I'm unsure what you mean about 2D and 3D and how that relates to this... but I think you might be trying to say this is what it would look like if reality was split open (fissure). But, as I said just above, based on the attention this phenomena is getting at the end of 306, I think it's something new that we haven't seen yet -- not just more of the explosion.

At any rate, it's certainly unclear what it is. It's mysterious, which leads me to believe it's something unprecedented.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Henry Spencer said:
Will any characters such as Schierke be affected by the changes in the world at all?

Shouldn't it be "Will any characters aside from Schierke be affected by the changes in the world at all?", she is a witch, she should especially be affected.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Knight said:
How should look fissure in 2-D space like window, if we project it in 3-D space? Maybe like "tree"

I would be more inclined to agree if the lines reminded me of a 3-d version of a spiderweb-cracked pane of glass. To me they look most like a network of blood vessels, and definitely organic. In the real world at least, most inorganic systems fracture along lines rather than curves. In my imagination, a shattered reality would look more literally like 3-d broken glass, all splinters and sharp edges.

My first thought, before I thought 'tree', was of Ganishka's legs as a huge artery and vein supplying blood to the nest of blood vessels above, with a massive :idea: unseen underground.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
My first thought, before I thought 'tree', was of Ganishka's legs as a huge artery and vein supplying blood to the nest of blood vessels above, with a massive :idea: unseen underground.

Hahaha, I was actually telling Walter yesterday that the two legs could be the bottom of the Idea of Evil. :ganishka:

It's still all quite a stretch, though.

Hmmmm I dont believe a brain or heart will appear because that would seem strange even in this world gone crazy. If its a heart of brain or something I wonder what Miura would do with it. Just terrify the people with it? I just dunno...............what it would do??

The last few pictures in the EPISODE do look like something organic, like physiological, like people have posted here with pictures. I really want to know!!

The translation is not wrong. It's correct to talk of "layers" for the varying depths of the astral world. And rather, we should simply talk of 3 different worlds (corporeal, astral, ideal), a bit like the Holy Trinity in a way. Three parts that form a whole.
*surprised*
may I ask what changed your mind? (no sarcasm or stuff like that here. I think i should add such notes after seeing how Walter reacted on my post :serpico:)
I usually use the word "plane" for those things: Material Plane, Astral plane, Ideal plane. That's the term used in esoteric philosophies, but I figured you wouldnt want to use that word because "it's not from Berserk" ;), so I never mentioned it.
Please don't be a smartass. It falls flat and only serves to underline your bad faith.
What I tried to tell is that in my opinion its a correct approach to talk about manga with users from forum X by using the terms from the translation posted on that same forum. IIRC you said that the problem that arised because of the misunderstanding was on my part so I disagreed on that because I think the approach is Ok. You never called it simply "misunderstanding", you called it "my problem" so I never agreed with you ;).
Anyway, the problem I have with your original assumption is that you're relating Ganishka's trip, his newfound power and how "imaginable" he was to the extent the worlds are merging together when it might not be the case.
sure it might not be. I'm fine with that. I'm just making a guess (or even assumption based on assumption) that suits me and makes most sense to me atm. You probably wouldnt like such assumptions, so I think I'm not gonna post my thoughts here anymore (arguing over assumption is a boring waste of time), only obvious things perhaps ;).
For example, where are the four elemental kings of the world? Or the spirits we've seen Schierke summon?
Imo it depends on where they are in "people's minds". If people would believe (and tell stories) that its possible to go for a walk and suddenly meet all four elemental kings of the world (like its not smth unusual) ;), then I would expect them to be very close to reality like elves. And I'm not gonna go into details of why I think this way - this is the impression i got about Berserk wolrd while reading the manga so its hard to remember each event that made me think this way. Though I think I should note that my way of analysing events in Berserk assumes that "noone knows everything for sure", so I always think myself if the character really knows what he is talking about or if he can later say smth like "omg i was totally wrong". I like to _see_ and _judge_ (assume) myself whats happening and not just think inside the boundaries of some character's speech meaning. I think you do not read manga this way (actually I'm not sure anyone else does ;)), which could explain why you always say "we're not told that its like this".

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Danat said:
*surprised*
may I ask what changed your mind? (no sarcasm or stuff like that here. I think i should add such notes after seeing how Walter reacted on my post :serpico:)

I didn't change my mind, I just checked in detail to see which version was correct. Turns out Dark Horse's version was inaccurate, which is unfortunately not uncommon. What matters the most to me has always been and will always be accuracy.

Danat said:
I usually use the word "plane" for those things: Material Plane, Astral plane, Ideal plane. That's the term used in esoteric philosophies, but I figured you wouldnt want to use that word because "it's not from Berserk" ;), so I never mentioned it.

You're right, it's not what's used in Berserk. Schierke simply talks of "worlds".

Danat said:
sure it might not be. I'm fine with that. I'm just making a guess (or even assumption based on assumption) that suits me and makes most sense to me atm. You probably wouldnt like such assumptions, so I think I'm not gonna post my thoughts here anymore (arguing over assumption is a boring waste of time), only obvious things perhaps ;).

Well I don't mean to hurt your pride but it's not like anything you posted so far was particularly brilliant or novel or anything. And again, the problem isn't so much with assumptions in general but with those that contradict what's in the manga. As for arguing over said assumptions, it's pretty much all people do on most forums you know. Discussing things and arguing about them.

Danat said:
Imo it depends on where they are in "people's minds". If people would believe (and tell stories) that its possible to go for a walk and suddenly meet all four elemental kings of the world (like its not smth unusual) ;), then I would expect them to be very close to reality like elves.

But not all beings in the astral world are necessarily related to people's imagination. And what layer they exist in isn't just a matter of imagination either, at least as far as we know. Beings like the four elemental kings are fundamentally different from trolls or ogres. Like I told you earlier, we just saw the God Hand appear, and they aren't beings people just imagined. There's also the problem with what you said concerning where Ganishka travelled. We know he went to the abyss, so if everything between there and the corporeal world is supposed to appear, then why aren't we shown more powerful entities aside from the God Hand? Why not include a few spirits similar to those Schierke calls forth in this episode? That's my question.

Danat said:
And I'm not gonna go into details of why I think this way

Of course not. ;)

Danat said:
Though I think I should note that my way of analysing events in Berserk assumes that "noone knows everything for sure", so I always think myself if the character really knows what he is talking about or if he can later say smth like "omg i was totally wrong".

Hahaha yeah, of course. "It doesn't matter what's shown in the manga, I know better!" ;)

Danat said:
I think you do not read manga this way, which could explain why you always say "we're not told that its like this".

Well the way I read the manga allowed me to call what's happening right now long ago, so I'm fine with it. And when I point out that something contradicts what's in the manga it's simply because it's the case. It's not a matter of taking what every character says at face value, it's about being accurate in order to avoid mistakes. There's such a long history of misconceptions when it comes to Berserk that I can't help trying to prevent there being more of them...

Why not include a few spirits similar to those Schierke calls forth in this episode? That's my question.
Actually I'm waiting for them to appear :carcus:
But not all beings in the astral world are necessarily related to people's imagination.
Yes, but not the one you mentioned (imo). The being that play a specific role that fits too good in the general human interpretation of the world is very likely to be made by humans. For example can you imagine wheel-of-war (or w/e its name was) to be "born" in astral world without any humans on earth? The term "war" only has meaning for humans - there is no "war" in nature. That wheel would look like some stupid creature without humans and their ideals ;).
Like I told you earlier, we just saw the God Hand appear, and they aren't beings people just imagined.
In my opinion possibility of their appearance is based on where IoE is located. If the translation I have for volume 13 is correct, IoE was made by humans, not imagined, MADE. People wanted smth to be born but they didnt want to imagine it - so came the IoE, which in my opinion is the deepest part of the Spiritual World that the human consciousness can get to - the creature that was made by human wish alone (the usual process of imagination is: wish -> image, but this time its just wish, so its not an imagination). Thats why the God Hand appears when the human is so desperate he cant even imagine smth that would help him (Count: "not even God can help me.") and just WANTS to be helped - this allows him to call the God Hand (via Beherit though ;)). So even if IoE wasnt exactly imagined, it still was created with a specific puprose - to give people the "reasons to live" they wanted. So I dont see any problems with the God Hand getting closer (not appearing) to the corporeal world while the worlds are merging - they still are connected with the human consciousness via IoE. And considering that I use the Pontiff words as a depth-meter in Spiritual World, Ganishka was totally out of the human consciousness's scope in the Spiritual World. The main question is - was he deepear than IoE in the Spiritual World or not ;).
We know he went to the abyss, so if everything between there and the corporeal world is supposed to appear, then why aren't we shown more powerful entities aside from the God Hand?
Maybe that's why Miura took a break? :ganishka:
It was only one episode that covered the merge process anyway. You talk like we've seen many volumes since then.
Hahaha yeah, of course. "It doesn't matter what's shown in the manga, I know better!"
"It doesn't matter what's said in the manga" is more correct. If someone would say "I'm holding an apple" while holding a sword - would you think he is holding an apple?
"I know better" -> "I can see myself whats happening". same example as above.
And when I point out that something contradicts what's in the manga it's simply because it's the case.
But your "contradictions" are always expressed like "it's not necessarily like that" which is not a contradiction. And like I said I base myself (my assumptions) on the things I see, then on the things I "hear" from Berserk characters, so if you say that I contradict to whats in manga then it should be something that _happened_ that proves me wrong, but IIRC you only provide someone's words. Othwerwise why not just provide some EVENT that happened in manga (not just reference to some "talk") that proves me wrong. Like if I say "Elves cant fly" you tell me the episode where we've seen them fly.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Danat said:
Yes, but not the one you mentioned (imo). The being that play a specific role that fits too good in the general human interpretation of the world is very likely to be made by humans. For example can you imagine wheel-of-war (or w/e its name was) to be "born" in astral world without any humans on earth? The term "war" only has meaning for humans - there is no "war" in nature. That wheel would look like some stupid creature without humans and their ideals ;).

Not the ones I mentioned what? Anyway, you're overlooking Schierke's talk about the layers of the astral world in volume 24 here. No matter how you put it, those spirits dwell deeper than the creatures we've seen appearing in the world so far (except for the God Hand). And the name is "Blaze Wheel" or "Wheel of Flames". It is related to karma fire.

Danat said:
In my opinion possibility of their appearance is based on where IoE is located. If the translation I have for volume 13 is correct, IoE was made by humans, not imagined, MADE.

Yes, the Idea of Evil was created by mankind.

Danat said:
People wanted smth to be born but they didnt want to imagine it - so came the IoE, which in my opinion is the deepest part of the Spiritual World that the human consciousness can get to - the creature that was made by human wish alone (the usual process of imagination is: wish -> image, but this time its just wish, so its not an imagination).

Wow. Why are you bringing imagination into this? It's never mentioned in those scenes. The most we're told about the Idea of Evil's creation comes from episode 83, which isn't canon. What is said is that it was born from the dark side of mankind's collective consciousness. Not as a conscious wish. And honestly, considering there exists at least one organized religion in the world of Berserk (the Holy See), I don't see how you could possibly argue that people can't "imagine" a god.

Danat said:
Thats why the God Hand appears when the human is so desperate he cant even imagine smth that would help him (Count: "not even God can help me.") and just WANTS to be helped - this allows him to call the God Hand (via Beherit though ;)).

Wow again. When someone can't imagine something that would help him? That's what you think becoming an apostle comes down to? Where did you get that from? Your superior insight that transcends the story itself? Anyhow, if someone could imagine a solution to their misery, the God Hand wouldn't appear according to you? Then how do you explain Rochine's case? She sure had a lot of imagination. She dreamed of elves. Why didn't the elves come to save her then? Why did the God Hand come instead? I'm sorry but your theory is not only completely groundless but it also makes little sense to me.

Danat said:
So even if IoE wasnt exactly imagined, it still was created with a specific puprose - to give people the "reasons to live" they wanted. So I dont see any problems with the God Hand getting closer (not appearing) to the corporeal world while the worlds are merging - they still are connected with the human consciousness via IoE.

Hahaha, so you're saying the Idea of Evil was created because humans "didn't want to imagine" it, despite wanting it to be born (man, great logic). Then you're saying the God Hand appears to help people when said people can't imagine any solution to their problems (bless the unimaginative!). But you bypass all of this when it comes to your general theory that what has appeared into the world is only related to human imagination. What can I say? You contradict yourself.

Danat said:
And considering that I use the Pontiff words as a depth-meter in Spiritual World, Ganishka was totally out of the human consciousness's scope in the Spiritual World. The main question is - was he deepear than IoE in the Spiritual World or not ;).

Hahaha, so Schierke and Flora's words are not to be trusted, but the Pontiff is a "depth-meter"! Of course, that makes so much sense. :schierke: And man... Where to begin. Please try to put back the Pontiff's words in their context. Humans creating "others" and so on. The Pontiff has no knowledge at all of the astral world, his comment was rather geared at human nature.

And you're talking about mankind's collective consciousness in the astral world. That's very deep in there. According to episode 83, it's represented by the "ocean of souls" of which the Vortex is a part. And you know what's in the center of the Vortex of Souls? The Abyss. The place where Ganishka said he went. That's also where we're told and shown the Idea of Evil to dwell, down the Abyss. So I'm sorry but what you're saying here is wrong.

Danat said:
It was only one episode that covered the merge process anyway. You talk like we've seen many volumes since then.

Technically, it's been since volume 22 that the worlds have been merging together. The aftermath of what happened with Ganishka has only been shown in 2 episodes so far. But I take your point: we'll see if different creatures show up in the future. It just might be the case.

Danat said:
"It doesn't matter what's said in the manga" is more correct. If someone would say "I'm holding an apple" while holding a sword - would you think he is holding an apple?
"I know better" -> "I can see myself whats happening". same example as above.

Only that's a purely hypothetical and rather far-fetched example. Do you honestly believe that when Schierke and Flora explain the nature of the worlds in volume 24, they might very well be mistaken? From a story-telling point of view it's a pretty ridiculous idea. What purpose would it serve? Is it a habit of Miura to do so? Would he deceive the readers for over 10 volumes for absolutely no reason other than to confuse them? I don't think so.

And how hypocritical of you to argue about such things when you're quoting the Pontiff's lines outside of their context in order to back up your point...

Danat said:
But your "contradictions" are always expressed like "it's not necessarily like that" which is not a contradiction.

That's not true. If it's not necessarily the case, I say so. If it's a contradiction, I say so. I don't mingle the two.

Danat said:
And like I said I base myself (my assumptions) on the things I see, then on the things I "hear" from Berserk characters, so if you say that I contradict to whats in manga then it should be something that _happened_ that proves me wrong, but IIRC you only provide someone's words. Othwerwise why not just provide some EVENT that happened in manga (not just reference to some "talk") that proves me wrong.

You aren't remembering correctly. See what I said just above, for example. In episode 304, we see what's inside Ganishka. It's the "ocean of souls" we've seen many times before. And it corresponds to what he said he reached. In any case, even if I just based myself on Schierke and Flora's words, it'd still be a hundred times more reliable than your baseless assumptions that you don't feel like going into details about. And since we're on that note, maybe it's time to end the discussion or move it to its own thread. I have the feeling it's only bringing confusion into this one and deterring people from talking about other things.

In this episode we saw the dead rising from their graves.
I wonder if this has implications on the nature of death itself in this new world:
What happens now, when a man would normally die, lets say from illness? Does rise some moments later as a Zombie?
Iirc, Skullknight once told Guts that Spirits, who even in death cling to life, gather in the interstice (near the end of volume 13).
So, where does a spirit go now, once it's body dies?
I'm sure lots of people are going to die to those monsters ow appearing. Just imagine what the world could look like when Guts returns from Elfhelm:
Only a few, scattered living humans, with most of the continent inhabited by monsters and spirits.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gaahl said:
In this episode we saw the dead rising from their graves.
I wonder if this has implications on the nature of death itself in this new world:
What happens now, when a man would normally die, lets say from illness? Does rise some moments later as a Zombie?

Well we can see spectres right next to them on the double page, so those might be the explanation for the dead rising out of their graves. Just like in volume 1. :guts:

Gaahl said:
Iirc, Skullknight once told Guts that Spirits, who even in death cling to life, gather in the interstice (near the end of volume 13).
So, where does a spirit go now, once it's body dies?

Yes, those who cling to life remain in the Interstice for a while (eventually they're all supposed to join the ocean of souls at the bottom of the astral world). Maybe this hasn't changed. Only now, every human being is in the Interstice as well.

Gaahl said:
I'm sure lots of people are going to die to those monsters ow appearing. Just imagine what the world could look like when Guts returns from Elfhelm:
Only a few, scattered living humans, with most of the continent inhabited by monsters and spirits.

What a lovely thought. :ganishka:

Dani

Smile!
Maybe old hat, but someone found this picture and noticed something familar.

3346rmf.jpg

Note: it's on the right side.

Yes, it was mentioned on the first page of this thread.

Also, I want to add that the pictures can fold up revealing the other side which shows another picture of God creating the word. Supposedly this work of art is about the creation of earth, its corruption by man, and finally man's punishment. Do you think that Miura will incorporate this idea into Berserk?

Top Bottom