Episode 307

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
HOLE-LEE SHIIT!

I'd like to say something more intelligent, but that's just pretty fucking awesome looking. Particularly the walls with the militant looking falcons on them and the inner city, I feel like one of the goobers staring at it there, "It's beautiful... it's just as I always imagined it would be!"

NightCrawler said:
Looks amazing. I love it when shit gets bigger-than-life epic. But i hope it doesn't come with a price.
Anyway, exciting times ahead!

Even NightCrawler is excited!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
Maybe it contains Idea. :idea: That orb seems quite huge.

That seems... unlikely to me. Especially since Miura told us not 6 months ago in his reply to our letter that he didn't even know if the Idea of Evil would appear again directly.

Tirade said:
Well I'm sure the idea behind the game is fun. However, I was more referring to the "board game" like feel. I miss the old TCG game.

Ah. Well, after all it is a board game. I love the TCG too, but it really isn't comparable to this little extra available for free in the magazine and that was probably put together in 2 days' time.

Geezus...this is just insanity. Guess Griffith wouldn't just settle for taking over an existing kingdom. He had to go all out and create his own.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Going back to Guts' artificial arm in the next episode's preview, I'm thinking he might now be able to feel it somehow, almost like a real limb. The result of being in Fantasia, and a nice follow up to his reflexion on what he's lost in episode 287.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Going back to Guts' artificial arm in the next episode's preview, I'm thinking he might now be able to feel it somehow, almost like a real limb. The result of being in Fantasia, and a nice follow up to his reflexion on what he's lost in episode 287.

That would be extremely cool. Not only would he have the use of both arms but his strength and ability as a swordsmen would greatly improve, as well.

Aazealh said:

To elaborate on him feeling the arm somehow, what do you think the likely hood of him gaining a stronger (for want of a better term) connection with The Berserker's Armor are? And if so, what might that entail?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, if Guts gets the mobility of his left arm back, it would be a huge asset for him. However, the other, deeper implications of this potential development are what intrigue me the most.

Chaos said:
To elaborate on him feeling the arm somehow, what do you think the likely hood of him gaining a stronger (for want of a better term) connection with The Berserker's Armor are? And if so, what might that entail?
That's something I wondered about myself on page 3. "What else might manifest..." I think the armor will still function the same way. It is afterall a magical artifact. But there's another potential problem with this merging idea.

Though the Beast only exists in Guts' mind, and harnesses the od of the armor, it has an undeniable connection to the armor. We've seen it swimming up its cape, and essentially possessing the armor itself. If the Beast could accomplish that all that BEFORE the merging, I would imagine its grip on reality would only be stronger now.

Of course, there are a number of scenarios for how this will play out, but I see this whole situation as a double-edged sword for Guts.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
speculatespeculatespeculate

As I sit here with my Guinness 250th Anniversary Stout, I can't help but wonder, what was the significance of the God Hand images in Episode 306? Was it that Void, Ubik, Conrad, and Slan's preferred ... uh .... "astral chill-zones" have now appeared and are in plain sight for all to see?

Griffith

Gobolatula said:
As I sit here with my Guinness 250th Anniversary Stout, I can't help but wonder, what was the significance of the Godhand images in Episode 306? Was it that Void, Ubik, Conrad, and Slan's preferred ... uh .... "astral chill-zones" have now appeared and are in plain sight for all to see?

Or if not that, at least the doors are open. The Ubik one is particularly disturbing for the fact that all those misfits looks to be marching out of that place. :carcus:

Good thing Falconia has walls, those Midlanders better just hope those creatures aren't already on the other side! :ganishka:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Walter said:
That would be the implication from last episode, yeah.
Whew. Okay, I'm glad I'm not a dummy this time around.

For a while, though, I thought, for some reason, that they were all gonna appear and somehow aid Femto or join his posse. By all means, I know Femto is NOT the leader of The God Hand, but I figured maybe his demon-godly FRIENDS would maybe help him out here and there.

Then again, to disprove my own theory, if we take into account Slan's "WHATEVA! I DO WHAT I WANT!" demeanor, then why would Void, Ubik, and Conrad not be doing their own thing? Oh, the plague and the rats is more proof that The Godhand is sort of a "let's all do our own thing" club, aside from the ceremonies they gotta perform every now and then.

berserkfan said:
looks good and all, but when are they going to actually start talking again??

You know this episode doesn't have to have word's in it because I feel that it's speaks for itself. :femto: There might be words in the next episode but really who's to say. Even if there are still no words in the next episode it wouldn't matter to me, as long as I get to see the amazing artwork and the story progressing.

Griffith

Uh, folks, there's already narration and speech bubbles visible just on the preview pages.
griffnoevil2ani.gif

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
berserkfan said:
As silly as Mr. Berserkfan's question may seem, I understand.

Earlier today, I was reviewing Volumes 21-22 when Griffith re-emerged. Those two-page spreads were amazing. I can look back and think, "Wow, what an astounding moment."

So, once volumes 34-35 are properly released along with, say, volumes 36-40, those impatient people with occasional "HURRY UP AND TELL MORE STORY" syndrome (like myself, I must confess), will look back and say, "Wow, that was an extremely pivotal moment."

People seem to forget that GRIFFITH'S DREAM IS BEING REALIZED AND WE ARE BEARING WITNESS. I forget this at times, as well. It's natural to want more and more of a perfectly executed story. Obviously, none of us have seen 307 yet, but it will be another addition to the moment that is Griffith's epic victory. I know "epic" is overused these days, but, really, "epic" fits.

Bear in mind, fellow Berserk nuts, that we have been seeing the perfect presentation of a moment we have all waited for.

Griffith

I don't mind, I actually appreciate people complaining that there's not enough talking in Berserk now. :ganishka:

X

Xem

Couldn't resist not checkin out the spoiler pictures this time... again. The castle looks amazing, I can't wait to see it in it's entirety... and Guts' reaction when he sees it as well. Hehe, :sad: .

Then we get another episode two weeks later!

Hopefully I'll finally be able to stop hearing my rather less intelligent friends ask me, "Are they still on the boat?" Not that I care that they're on it, but because it's a pretty condescending question to an uber fan such as myself. Does anyone else have to deal with stupid shit like that?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Deci said:
Does anyone else have to deal with stupid shit like that?

Not me, I"m pretty much a lone wolf among my friends when it comes to manga in general, they prefer anime and are too lazy and impatient when it comes to manga releases. That's why I'm here in SK.net, a way better place to talk about Berserk and other topics.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:

Well his "connexion" to the armor is already pretty good if you ask me. A little too good even. So in that regard I don't see too many changes. Maybe he'll be able to benefit from its Od more easily without being completely subjugated... But it's still kind of a stretch I think. The answer to the problem the armor poses lies more in Elfhelm in my opinion (whether it is through training himself, modifying it, adding warding talismans, etc.).

Gobolatula said:
As I sit here with my Guinness 250th Anniversary Stout, I can't help but wonder, what was the significance of the God Hand images in Episode 306? Was it that Void, Ubik, Conrad, and Slan's preferred ... uh .... "astral chill-zones" have now appeared and are in plain sight for all to see?

Slan speaks of Sephirah, the plural of which is Sephiroth. They are not mentioned to be specific places within the astral world, so please don't make up your own zany terms like that. Anyway, no, actually I don't think they're in plain sight for all to see. And I don't think it's what the previous episode implies either. I believe it represented their coming into the world in a more figurative way. But keep in mind this doesn't change the fact that the members of the God Hand might be able to interact with the world more directly now.

Gobolatula said:
Then again, to disprove my own theory, if we take into account Slan's "WHATEVA! I DO WHAT I WANT!" demeanor, then why would Void, Ubik, and Conrad not be doing their own thing?

Slan said they were doing just that in volume 26. They all do their own thing, it's really nothing new.

berserkfan said:

Why even post this? What's the point?

Gobolatula said:
So, once volumes 34-35 are properly released along with, say, volumes 36-40, those impatient people with occasional "HURRY UP AND TELL MORE STORY" syndrome (like myself, I must confess), will look back and say, "Wow, that was an extremely pivotal moment."

But in the meantime we'll have endured their "stupid shit", to quote Deci. And that's not especially enjoyable. There is nothing redeeming about such comments. When Guts and the others were in Vritannis, some people complained there was too much talk. Now they're saying there isn't enough talk. For years we heard people asking when they would get on the boat, and when they did we had people asking when they would get off it. You'd think folks would realize the irony of the situation after a while, but no, it just goes on and on. If there has been one constant from episode to episode over the years, it's pointless, short-sighted remarks like those. And man does it get old.

Aazealh said:
But in the meantime we'll have endured their "stupid shit", to quote Deci. And that's not especially enjoyable. There is nothing redeeming about such comments. When Guts and the others were in Vritannis, some people complained there was too much talk. Now they're saying there isn't enough talk. For years we heard people asking when they would get on the boat, and when they did we had people asking when they would get off it. You'd think folks would realize the irony of the situation after a while, but no, it just goes on and on. If there has been one constant from episode to episode over the years, it's pointless, short-sighted remarks like those. And man does it get old.

This will always be as different people have different opinions on what they find the most enjoyable. You'll never be able to please everyone all the time. It's not a whole lot different than the people who claim "This is awesome!" It's a personal opinion that's almost equally worthless and unless you want to get rid of one type it'll be hard to get rid of the other unless a rule is instituted that only positive things are allowed to be said about each and every episode.

That said, while this is indeed an interesting development, I'm looking forward to the aftermath myself so we can start getting some real concrete details as to what's been going down here, but I'm definitely enjoying the awesome art of these last few episodes.

Griffith

CowTip said:
This will always be as different people have different opinions on what they find the most enjoyable. You'll never be able to please everyone all the time. It's not a whole lot different than the people who claim "This is awesome!" It's a personal opinion that's almost equally worthless and unless you want to get rid of one type it'll be hard to get rid of the other unless a rule is instituted that only positive things are allowed to be said about each and every episode.

It's not that deep or innocent, as Gobolatula and Aaz alluded to: fickle, impatient buffoons will complain about anything for the sake of hearing themselves bray until someone puts them out of their misery. :femto:

Top Bottom