Episode 307

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
nice long preview! very very nice! we can see two creatures on the first double spread with the small trees. They are at the bottom of the page. I wonder what they are. I don't think it matters much but my curiosity demands satisfaction! :guts:

Nice Epic Preview, Thanks Aaz for sharing with us... :guts:

Walter said:
Just because it's called Fantasia doesn't mean there are going to be anthropomorphic mice and dancing broomsticks. :femto:

Anyway, it's very exciting that a new arc is beginning. What we're witnessing is years in the making. Millennium Falcon has been Miura's longest arc ever. We've been with it for 8 long years, comprising 131 episodes across 12 volumes.

Just a clarification though... Isn't Millennium Falcon suppose to be 13 volumes long instead? Cause I remember it start from the begining of vol 22 and end at first episode of vol 35... :???:

Anyway after vol 22, I realised each volume contain exactly 10 episodes also...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Just a clarification though... Isn't Millennium Falcon suppose to be 13 volumes long instead? Cause I remember it start from the begining of vol 22 and end at first episode of vol 35...
Yeah, you're right. My mind must have initially refused to acknowledge 1 episode counting as a volume. :farnese:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
This will always be as different people have different opinions on what they find the most enjoyable. You'll never be able to please everyone all the time. It's not a whole lot different than the people who claim "This is awesome!" It's a personal opinion that's almost equally worthless and unless you want to get rid of one type it'll be hard to get rid of the other unless a rule is instituted that only positive things are allowed to be said about each and every episode.

:schierke: Please spare me the bullshit life lesson full of platitudes about how we're all different, especially if you're going to misrepresent what I said. That some people post pointless comments isn't an excuse for other people who post other pointless comments, but at least the folks posting "awesome!" in excitement have their candor going for them (and in SK.net's particular case, they might just think there is nothing left to add that wasn't already said). Anyhow, the subject of my rant does not directly relate to people liking or disliking episodes but rather to those who are seemingly perpetually looking forward to something else without really caring about the current events. And it's not necessarily different people over the years either, that's the whole point.

jackson_hurley said:
we can see two creatures on the first double spread with the small trees. They are at the bottom of the page. I wonder what they are.

At first glance yesterday I thought they were apostles. And I still do.

flagawax said:
But I don't really understand, Falconia is a city?

Yes, Falconia is a city. As we always knew it would be. What is it you don't understand about it? For years now we've known it would be the capital of Griffith's kingdom. For as long as we've known its name, in fact.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kavaron said:
Any more info on Falconia? It is not even in the glossary of skullknight.

What more do you want? It's being created in this episode. It's the capital city of Griffith's soon-to-be kingdom. That's all there is to know about it.

Aazealh said:
Yes, Falconia is a city. As we always knew it would be. What is it you don't understand about it? For years now we've known it would be the capital of Griffith's kingdom. For as long as we've known its name, in fact.
A capital where monster and human live together... and have children, etc. :ganishka:

Kavaron said:
So. A city appears out of nowhere and it is the capital of the new world? Or is the old capital transformed into Falconia?
Perhaps the capital comes from Ganishka's explosion...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kavaron said:
So. A city appears out of nowhere and it is the capital of the new world? Or is the old capital transformed into Falconia?

It's the capital city of Griffith's soon-to-be kingdom (or empire or whatever), like I said. It might be a little presumptuous to outright call it the capital of the whole world, though for all intents and purposes it could very well end up playing that role. We'll have to wait and see how far Griffith's rule reaches, geographically, before we can speak further on the matter.

As for how it is being created, it's happening in this episode. Which means you'll have to see it for yourself to know. It's apparently situated where Wyndham used to be, but in itself that doesn't mean much. I guess it could be argued that since Wyndham was ground to dust under Ganishka's feet, it's not a transformation, but again, to be sure you'll need to read the episode and see it for yourself.

flagawax said:
A capital where monster and human live together... and have children, etc. :ganishka:

We'll see. You should have been surprised to see humans and apostles teaming up together quite a few episodes ago though. :slan:

flagawax said:
Perhaps the capital comes from Ganishka's explosion...

It appeared as a result of what happened to Ganishka (like the worlds merging, you know), but that doesn't really answer his question.

Man! Looking at the preview I could almost hear music by martial industrial/neoclassical band Triarii playing in the background.

I totally didn’t expect Falconia’s design to be like that, but that’s just refreshing - the final result was grandiose. Miura seldom meet my expectations, he EXCEEDS them (it also happened when I anticipated Ganishka’s final form and got something far more terrifying than I had imagined). Superb!

I can definitely see why people compare it to the architectonical dreams of Albert Speer and Hitler. I have a fetish for freakishly huge structures and the models of Volkshalle was indeed going through my mind when I spotted the giant dome in the background. Another association was the Ericsson Globe in Stockholm - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globen. Maybe it's Griffith's private arena where he will host spectacular ice hockey tournaments.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Irvine said:
Nice pictures...but I'm disappointed.... :puck:
Just a quick prediction -- you'll continue to be disappointed until the series is over, and then you'll still be disappointed.

At least chapter 308 is about Elfhelm.
It's EPISODE. And just because the newest Chapter title relates to Elfhelm doesn't mean the next episode will be about Elfhelm.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Irvine said:
Nice pictures...but I'm disappointed.... :puck:

C'mon how can you be dissapointed at such grand event? It has been since Volume 5 that Griffith told Guts he will get his own kingdom. Now 29 volumes later it's sure coming to that conclusion.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Just a quick prediction -- you'll continue to be disappointed until the series is over, and then you'll still be disappointed.

Actually, I'm throwing my money behind shameless revisionist history once the series is in context for them, "Ooooh, I've always liked this favorite parts!"

Th3Branded0ne said:
C'mon how can you be dissapointed at such grand event? It has been since Volume 5 that Griffith told Guts he will get his own kingdom. Now 29 volumes later it's sure coming to that conclusion.

See mine or Aaz's recent posts. In most cases it comes down to dumb expectations and a reactionary attitude that would critique twenty pages in the middle of a story that's already thousands long with thousands more to go, as if this is some culminating episode of Berserk rather than just the most recent. Again, usually reactionary and dumb, but maybe in this case they're just really excited about Elfhelm, so that's why I'm withholding this (reads from right to left =):

weekly.jpg

I'm not interested in Griffith or his kingdom. So 307 is a disappointment for me. I don't say that this episode isn't good but I thought 307 is about Guts.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Irvine said:
I'm not interested in Griffith or his kingdom. So 307 is a disappointment for me. I don't say that this episode isn't good but I thought 307 is about Guts.

Stop polluting the thread with posts like these. If you want to whine about the story, do it someplace else. Besides, the second they get to Elfhelm, you'll find something else to whine about. And what gave you the idea that 307 would be about Guts, anyway?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Irvine said:

Well, that's fine, I obviously can't relate to not caring about Griffith, but it has been a while since we've spent some serious quality time with our Gutsywutsy, so I can see why you're personally disappointed. Maybe next time (though I'm secretly rooting against you and for more Griffith). :guts:

Rhombaad said:
Stop polluting the thread with posts like these. If you want to whine about the story, do it someplace else. Besides, the second they get to Elfhelm, you'll find something else to whine about. And what gave you the idea that 307 would be about Guts, anyway? :femto:

Fixed. =)

yesmilord

千年王国
宮本 グリフィス said:

I lol'd irl.
Although yes, we've been on Guts hiatus for a while now, I am going to also reinforce the fact that this is indeed the kingdom of Griffith's dreams! Spam more spreads Miura!

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I love that image Griffith, I know a certain imageboard that might be seeing it pretty often now. :troll: As much as I want to see what Guts is up to, people have to look at this in the long run.

Just had a random musing, but let's say the physical world and the spiritual world is divided again and is divided quickly. Anyone living on three stories or higher of this mythical superstructure is going to plummet to their death and quite a few people are going to be crushed by the falling bodies plummeting towards them.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
DetriusXii said:
Just had a random musing, but let's say the physical world and the spiritual world is divided again and is divided quickly. Anyone living on three stories or higher of this mythical superstructure is going to plummet to their death and quite a few people are going to be crushed by the falling bodies plummeting towards them.

I'm don't think it quite works that way. We don't know for sure how long it took for all the astral creatures to appear and for Falconia to be there. I don't think there's an undo button in the berserk world that will make this new "age of darkness" to go away as quickly as it seems that it has come.

Huh, So Rome was built in a day. :troll:

sorry, had to get that out of my system. have to say, I love the look! it's VERY different then what I had always thought it would look like. (the roman influence) But that's not a bad thing in the least. :serpico: It still looks grand, and like a kingdom not of a natural world. (just look at the size of those statues! :isidro:) from the looks of it, there going to need way more people to fill that baby up, then just what was there at the grand opening.

Top Bottom