Episode 307

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
宮本 グリフィス said:
Then again, it's some sort of giant fantastical alien structure that has no earthly business existing in the "real world," so it should be a bit off-putting and ostentatious.

Yeah, specifically there's the fact it clearly appears to have popped up instantaneously as opposed to having been built. It looks completely out of place, but then again, shouldn't it? It's like a plastic toy city has been laid down there by a giant child (hmm, I enjoy making these analogies more than I should :griffnotevil:).

宮本 グリフィス said:
Another reason not to get too hung up on this structure is that it's just an outer shell, when I was imagining Falconia, it was always as a fantastic castle city, and I'm still hoping to see one inside!

Yeah, I think we'd better wait until we see the whole thing before coming to conclusions anyway, because there's likely more to it than what we've seen.

Death May Die said:
The orb figure isn't just the Sun is it? I don't know.

Nah, you can see clouds or smoke going behind it.

Th3Branded0ne said:
In the second page where you can see the people and apostles entering, is this on top of Ganishka's remains, are those clouds?

Please clarify your question. The city appears to be on the ground. Is that what you're asking?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Death May Die said:
The orb figure isn't just the Sun is it?

It's Griffith's orb of power! :SK: :idea:

Aazealh said:
Yeah, specifically there's the fact it clearly appears to have popped up instantaneously as opposed to having been built. It looks completely out of place, but then again, shouldn't it? It's like a plastic toy city has been laid down there by a giant child (hmm, I enjoy making these analogies more than I should :griffnotevil:).

Haha, it's funny you should mention that, because that was actually one of my initial issues with it, it was so big and the perspective so hard to comprehend that parts really did look like a toy, made of plastic, or even like paper in places. Actually, it reminded me of a 3D puzzle castle I built as a kid, fittingly enough.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, I think we'd better wait until we see the whole thing before coming to conclusions anyway, because there's likely more to it than what we've seen.

Yeah, it's just one image, and I'm sure it's not the best to come.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Aazealh said:
Please clarify your question. The city appears to be on the ground. Is that what you're asking?

Yeah, it appear to me the second time I looked at the pic to be up in the sky or somewhere high because the ground around seemed to me like dust or clouds around the structure. Well it doesn't really matter, it looks great either way.

I'm frothing from all the story possibilities from here. :mozgus:

And to think that we may be seeing Elfhelm soon. It shall be interesting comparing the two.

I can only imagine that Griffith's throne room to be something spectacular and of course with him sitting there with a halo as his crown. :griffnotevil:

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Wow, all kinds of berserk goodness. I love that poster and the Berserk World book. The alternate cover for #34 with Guts looks fantastic. About the only thing that looks lame is the game.

As for the story, I'm a bit behind. I need to catch up on my Berserk reading. However, I love that we finally get to see Falconia. Good stuff.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Aazealh said:
And I know we're saying this every time and it gets old and all but seriously, Guts is going to have a hard time getting his revenge. :ganishka:

I think things are gonna be evened out a little when most of the non-flying apostles die taking the stairs. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tirade said:
As for the story, I'm a bit behind. I need to catch up on my Berserk reading. However, I love that we finally get to see Falconia. Good stuff.
You should definitely read them, but check page 2 of this thread for a summary I wrote of the past 2 volumes.

Serpico said:
I think things are gonna be evened out a little when most of the non-flying apostles die taking the stairs.
:ganishka:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
宮本 グリフィス said:
And it's also fitting since Griffith is worse than Hitler! :troll:[/center]

I know you are joking but I am wondering now that the "main evil" has been eliminated and everyone is starting to move into their new residence. How are things going to be run? An all equal society? Are the humans going to have to wear something to signify their status? Is everything nice and pristine on the outside but a huge bloody meat grinder on the inside much like Mozgus's torture room was? I need to know!

:???: - Lord Griffith! What are these yellow stars that we are all wearing?
:griff: - Well you see guys... its going to work like this.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
How are things going to be run? An all equal society? Are the humans going to have to wear something to signify their status? Is everything nice and pristine on the outside but a huge bloody meat grinder on the inside much like Mozgus's torture room was? I need to know!
Well, obviously there are no real answers now. But remember that this will ultimately be the age of darkness, not a renaissance of humanity.

Also, while nothing definitive is out there right now, we do have a thread where we all speculate what to expect from Falconia. : http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9599.0

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Wow, I really like the design of Falconia. It's massive, alien and intimidating (I'm glad you posted the comparison to the architecture of Nazi Germany, Walter). Much like Griff, I can't wait to see the inside.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Yeah, it appear to me the second time I looked at the pic to be up in the sky or somewhere high because the ground around seemed to me like dust or clouds around the structure. Well it doesn't really matter, it looks great either way.

I noticed that too, it looks like Falconia is in the sky! :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tirade said:
About the only thing that looks lame is the game.

I think it looks fun, actually. You play the life of an apostle, from your sacrifice to eating humans, avoiding death at Guts' hands, encountering Daiba and the Daka and finally joining the Band of the Falcon. :zodd:

Zerk said:
I noticed that too, it looks like Falconia is in the sky! :???:

It more likely is just the ground, flattened to dust by Ganishka.

Starting with the next issue...

New arc: Fantasia
New chapter: "Elf Island" (Skellig? Or maybe Elfhelm, though usually a different kanji is used)

:badbone:

Said next issue should also feature some Berserk color work.

So i assume there wasn´t a time skip of any kind since Griffith´s story is supposed to move in parallel with Guts and it would be kinda unnatural to see Guts and co without his usual build up of new places and events.

Which would mean that this Larger-than-life city of gigantic proportions just poped out of nowhere in an instant. If it´s indeed the case, i´d like to see how exactly it was formed as in i wanna see pretty pictures of magic building it a orgasmic visual spectacle.

The city itself doesn´t disappoint, it gives me a very greek vibe, mainly because of the statues. I´m pretty eager to see how it looks behind the titanic walls.

Edit. Finally we´ll be getting back to Guts. Which makes this episode all the sweeter.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deathbringer said:
So i assume there wasn´t a time skip of any kind since Griffith´s story is supposed to move in parallel with Guts and it would be kinda unnatural to see Guts and co without his usual build up of new places and events.

There wasn't a time skip because this episode is the direct continuation of the precedent one. We can tell that much from the two pictures we've seen.

Deathbringer said:
Which would mean that this Larger-than-life city of gigantic proportions just poped out of nowhere in an instant. If it´s indeed the case, i´d like to see how exactly it was formed as in i wanna see pretty pictures of magic building it a orgasmic visual spectacle.

Well you just need to wait a few days more then.

Deathbringer said:
The city itself doesn´t disappoint, it gives me a very greek vibe, mainly because of the statues.

Yeah, they're classical representations of Greek soldiers. Reminiscent of Gaiseric's era. :slan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, just a thought but that preview made me immediately wonder about the future of Guts' left arm -- possibly affected by the merging. Afterall, his perception that his arm was still there was what got him in trouble in ep 287. And if that turns out to be so ... what else might manifest...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Hmm, just a thought but that preview made me immediately wonder about the future of Guts' left arm -- possibly affected by the merging. Afterall, his perception that his arm was still there was what got him in trouble in ep 287. And if that turns out to be so ... what else might manifest...

I thought something along the same lines. It's certainly an enigmatic shot. Can't wait to find out! :guts:

And a closer look at the "roll and move"-type board game.

I thought yesterday that Falconia might resemble the Forbidden City of Chinese emperors in a way, despite the overall Greek style of the first two pictures we saw, and I guess in a way, it does. Behind those huge, impenetrable walls is a beautiful city. The title of the episode: Falconia. Now the question is "what are those stairs in the distance leading to?" Maybe... The altar of Griffith's MALEFIC ORB OF DEATH?! :magni:

Also notice how it looks like the deformed creatures Ganishka had spawned have turned into "small" trees matching his own giant tree. I wonder whether the dead apostles suffered the same fate or not. Interesting as well to see how everything in the city seems to be turned inwards (specifically thinking of the huge Falcon figures on the walls here).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The mystery of Ganishka's transformation revealed! :isidro: Now, I wonder if will it exhibit special properties, or _just_ be a massive tree?

And yeah, Aaz called it. It really IS a giant Secret of Mana tree :badbone:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Looks amazing. I love it when shit gets bigger-than-life epic. But i hope it doesn't come with a price.
Anyway, exciting times ahead!

Although i can't say i'm excited with the name of the upcoming arc...

fantasiaMM.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just because it's called Fantasia doesn't mean there are going to be anthropomorphic mice and dancing broomsticks. :femto:

Anyway, it's very exciting that a new arc is beginning. What we're witnessing is years in the making. Millennium Falcon has been Miura's longest arc ever. We've been with it for 8 long years, comprising 131 episodes across 12 volumes.

Yet I can still remember when we were anxious for it to START. I'm getting old... :flora:

Also, some minor props to Jackson_Hurley for indirectly calling the name of the new Chapter:
jackson_hurley said:
I can't wait to see what is next. Chapter of the ocean travels chronicle... Chapter of the Elfin home?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
The mystery of Ganishka's transformation revealed! :schnoz: Now, I wonder if will it exhibit special properties, or _just_ be a massive tree?

Its sap will bring eternal life to those who drink it! :ganishka: But seriously, I do think it will exhibit special properties, no better way to say it.

Walter said:
And yeah, Aaz called it. It really IS a giant Secret of Mana tree :badbone:

With the city of Falconia right next to it!

NightCrawler said:
Looks amazing. I love it when shit gets bigger-than-life epic. But i hope it doesn't come with a price.

Who are you kidding, we all know there will be a grisly price, and we're eagerly awaiting it. :zodd: After all, there seems to be a Coliseum-like structure within the city, and what could that be used for? ... "RELEASE THE HYDRA!" :void:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
First of all, great preview! Epic.

Aazealh said:
Now the question is "what are those stairs in the distance leading to?" Maybe... The altar of Griffith's MALEFIC ORB OF DEATH?! :magni:

Maybe it contains Idea. :idea: That orb seems quite huge.

Walter said:
The mystery of Ganishka's transformation revealed! :schnoz: Now, I wonder if will it exhibit special properties, or _just_ be a massive tree?

Maybe it'll be a defensive device in case Guts would break in Falconia after Griffith. :griffnotevil:

I think that it might protect Falconia from an eventual attack from astral creatures.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Aazealh said:
I think it looks fun, actually. You play the life of an apostle, from your sacrifice to eating humans, avoiding death at Guts' hands, encountering Daiba and the Daka and finally joining the Band of the Falcon. :zodd:

Well I'm sure the idea behind the game is fun. However, I was more referring to the "board game" like feel. I miss the old TCG game.

Top Bottom