Episode 307

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
宮本 グリフィス said:
Yeah, it's puzzling, one thought that occurs to me, though it's literally just the first thing I came up with considering the question, is that they needed to go through all this in order to install themselves as governors of the world of Gaiseric's era, except they couldn't do it as the world was then, so they had to get away from that world in order to even install themselves as governors, and now that they've fully realized that, they're reinstalling that old world, except with themselves already as the principle, if that makes any sense. Basically, just to control that world, they had to destroy it, then build it back up it again, from scratch, in their image. Anyway, just something out of my ass, I'll call it the "roundabout theory." :badbone:

Aazealh said:
Brings back memories of my ooooold theory that the God Hand tried to recruit Gaiseric, but he told them to shove it. :badbone:

I was always a big fan of that theory.

However, what would be the reason to have the majority of humanity under the command of one kingdom that's ruling over the majority of people? There has to be more to it than controling humanity.

It could be that Gaiseric's reign had somehow removed the threat that the astral creatures had brought originaly. :???:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Ah, and about that round shape in the sky, I've come to the conclusion that it's just the top of Griffith's ridiculously huge castle. So big it completely dwarfs the city itself.
Yeah I agree. It's likely just "the top," within which -- who knows. Could be a grand hall, or something more unexpected and otherworldly.

宮本 グリフィス said:
... [The God Hand] needed to go through all this in order to install themselves as governors of the world of Gaiseric's era, except they couldn't do it as the world was then, so they had to get away from that world in order to even install themselves as governors, and now that they've fully realized that, they're reinstalling that old world, except with themselves already as the principle, if that makes any sense.
One problem with that theory, not that I'm not intrigued -- it presupposes there was a previous God Hand, when GH members are born every 216 years. However, there's no denying there are similarities in what happened now and what happened 1,000 years ago, not even to mention the physical and figurative similarities between Griffith and Gaiseric's separate empires. I made a thread about it last year: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9533.0. But now, with the appearance of Falconia, there's even more ammo for it.

What I'd like to know is whether Gaiseric's capital was truly built on the backs of laborers or by other, more spectacular means, as we've seen here.

宮本 グリフィス said:
It's hard to imagine him being forward with information about himself at this point, but perhaps as you say, someone in Elfhelm will take the initiative and then force Skully to speak (like Schierke with the armor). I'm sure what Griffith's done will be the talk of the town, and it might even be Skully's place to report on it.
I'm seeing a scene in my head, bear with me through the fanfic :carcus:

Guts and everyone arrive and settle in Elfhelm just as a council convenes to discuss the latest occurrence. They say their agent on the front lines is scheduled to give them a status report of the changes in the world. Then, the Skull Knight arrives, bearing dire news. :SK:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Brings back memories of my ooooold theory that the God Hand tried to recruit Gaiseric, but he told them to shove it. :badbone:

Yeah, it's fun imagining all the possible scenarios, the flip side being there's just too many to go with any.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, I mean at this point it's going to be hard skirting around the issue. And knowing Guts' feelings towards cryptic talk, he might just get angry and "demand" answers. :guts:

That'd be fantastic to see, never imagined Guts to Skully, "Stop fucking with me!"

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
However, what would be the reason to have the majority of humanity under the command of one kingdom that's ruling over the majority of people? There has to be more to it than controling humanity.

Well, my point was that they'd be gaining greater control of the world at large, not just humanity.

Walter said:
Yeah I agree. It's likely just "the top," within which -- who knows. Could be a grand hall, or something more unexpected and otherworldly.

Yeah, if not the dome, then the big electrode!

Walter said:
One problem with that theory, not that I'm not intrigued -- it presupposes there was a previous God Hand, when GH members are born every 216 years.

Actually, I didn't mean to presume anything about the makeup of the God Hand at the time, any plurals were just casual reference to whatever God Hand was then.

This did get me thinking about that though. Four or five angels allegedly destroyed Gaiseric's Kingdom, and as the old theories ponder, was this some form of God Hand putting their plan in motion, or was it a counter to God Hand, perhaps another magic user summoning powerful beings like the Four Kings. In either case, it makes me wonder if Gaiseric's Kingdom was the settling of a world chaotic in every way, even astrally, and the foundation of a more "human world", something which couldn't be undone even after it was destroyed (or because it was =).

Walter said:
What I'd like to know is whether Gaiseric's capital was truly built on the backs of laborers or by other, more spectacular means, as we've seen here.

I think we should just go with the obvious, this event is something special ("I don't see Gaiseric having a moment around here!" :femto:), and even if it's a fantastic recreation of a long lost Kingdom, it doesn't mean that Kingdom was originally created by fantastic means. Tying it into the above speculations, perhaps this is the synthesis between man-made and magic-made.

Walter said:

Guts and everyone arrive and settle in Elfhelm just as a council convenes to discuss the latest occurrence. They say their agent on the front lines is scheduled to give them a status report of the changes in the world. Then, the Skull Knight arrives, bearing dire news. :SK:

:ganishka: Haha, I love it, it reminds me of Star Wars, "Many Schnozes died to bring us this information." :schnoz:

Walter said:
One problem with that theory, not that I'm not intrigued -- it presupposes there was a previous God Hand, when GH members are born every 216 years. However, there's no denying there are similarities in what happened now and what happened 1,000 years ago, not even to mention the physical and figurative similarities between Griffith and Gaiseric's separate empires. I made a thread about it last year: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9533.0. But now, with the appearance of Falconia, there's even more ammo for it.

Well, I'm wondering if perhaps the spiritual world is a finite resource and needs time to replenish. Let's suppose Gaiseric did base his empire's infrastructure on mythical superstructures from the spiritual realm. Eventually there was so many water ways, cities, grain stores, and libraries created from the spiritual realm that the energies that connected the two were exhausted. So when the layers became severed, Gaiseric's infrastructure comes crashing down. And as the regions of the physical world became separated from the spiritual world, the four angels retreated from that region and moved to another region, without realizing their presence accelerated the separation process. So the citizens of these cities would see the four angels arrive from one location and then later, would see their infrastructure crumble. Humans would blame the destruction of their cities on the four angels, but in reality, the four angels had no control over the destruction of their cities.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:

I say it was built the hard way!

宮本 グリフィス said:
Actually, I didn't mean to presume anything about the makeup of the God Hand at the time, any plurals were just casual reference to whatever God Hand was then.

We could simply do away with the God Hand and go straight with their master here. :idea:

宮本 グリフィス said:
In either case, it makes me wonder if Gaiseric's Kingdom was the settling of a world chaotic in every way, even astrally, and the foundation of a more "human world"

Not that this proves anything, but that's precisely how I've always thought of Gaiseric's empire (kingdoms are for losers :troll:) myself.

宮本 グリフィス said:
I think we should just go with the obvious, this event is something special ("I don't see Gaiseric having a moment around here!" :femto:), and even if it's a fantastic recreation of a long lost Kingdom, it doesn't mean that Kingdom was originally created by fantastic means. Tying it into the above speculations, perhaps this is the synthesis between man-made and magic-made.

My thoughts exactly. Griffith is a mere emulator. :void: Ok I'll stop with that now, I promise.

DetriusXii said:
Well, I'm wondering if perhaps the spiritual world is a finite resource and needs time to replenish. Let's suppose Gaiseric did base his empire's infrastructure on mythical superstructures from the spiritual realm. Eventually there was so many water ways, cities, grain stores, and libraries created from the spiritual realm that the energies that connected the two were exhausted. So when the layers became severed, Gaiseric's infrastructure comes crashing down. And as the regions of the physical world became separated from the spiritual world, the four angels retreated from that region and moved to another region, without realizing their presence accelerated the separation process. So the citizens of these cities would see the four angels arrive from one location and then later, would see their infrastructure crumble. Humans would blame the destruction of their cities on the four angels, but in reality, the four angels had no control over the destruction of their cities.

To be honest it all sounds very far-fetched to me.

Side note: It would be a strange sight to see if Falconia's architecture were to be reflected in the way its inhabitants will dress as well (Greco-Roman fashion?).

Aazealh said:
Side note: It would be a strange sight to see if Falconia's architecture were to be reflected in the way its inhabitants will dress as well (Greco-Roman fashion?).

That would be pretty fitting. If anything it´s another cultural change that would reflect the evolution of the world. I hope that the architecture of the city´s buildings matches what we´ve seen of the city walls so far.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:

That's an interesting idea. Of course, Griffith/Femto could simply force the citizens of Falconia to adopt to his own dress code...

"Everyone must wear dark blue with lots of eye shadow and lipstick!" :femto:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deathbringer said:
I hope that the architecture of the city´s buildings matches what we´ve seen of the city walls so far.
You can see some of them in the preview pages.

falconia-architecture.jpg

When compared to Gaiseric's fallen empire, you can definitely see at least one similarity:

falconia-architecture2.jpg

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Whatever Gaiseric was, I never thought he could be compared to Griffith. For some reason I always imagined that all GHs disappeared from history as all there connections to the physical world would be sacrificed in the Eclipse. However, the parallels between Falconia and Gaiseric's kingdom are undeniable in both the architecture and legendary origins. No matter how you describe it (Man fighting alongside monster in an epic battle against a giant tower of darkness led by a shining white knight), I think Griffith's conquest of Midland isn't going to be forgotten anytime soon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
That's an interesting idea. Of course, Griffith/Femto could simply force the citizens of Falconia to adopt to his own dress code...

"Everyone must wear dark blue with lots of eye shadow and lipstick!" :femto:

I'd make a joke about Gothic architecture, but is there even a need to drive the point home? :ganishka:

Okin said:
For some reason I always imagined that all GHs disappeared from history as all there connections to the physical world would be sacrificed in the Eclipse.

If we assume that they were all prominent people of their era to some degree, it's logical that some traces of them would be left. However there would always be mystery surrounding their sudden and unexplained disappearance, so on the other hand they couldn't be among the most famous historical figures (not to mention that they might not have been the most prominent ones to begin with).

Let's look at Griffith's case. People remembered him from the hundred years war, but it's the Kushan invasion coupled with the supernatural and prophetic collective dream that kept him fresh in people's minds. Not to mention that he came back to the world a few years after becoming a member of the God Hand. That makes him a very special case. Had he disappeared forever and the country been slowly rebuilt, his name would have faded into legend. Which is likely what happened in the case of the other members of the God Hand. Hundreds of years later, they're probably only remembered by few.

Look at the "wise man" associated with Gaiseric, for example. While we don't have any solid proof that he was connected to the God Hand at this point, if he happened to be, he hasn't marked history nearly as much as Gaiseric himself or the events that ended his rule.

Okin said:
However, the parallels between Falconia and Gaiseric's kingdom are undeniable in both the architecture and legendary origins.

Well if Falconia was created using the legend and/or ruins of Gaiseric's old capital (not kingdom), which is what we're supposing here, it's only logical that there are parallels. To me the real question is whether Griffith's status as an invincible conqueror was modeled after Gaiseric's example as well. Taking the best historical example possible, and enhancing it to perfection by using magic (see what "宮本 グリフィス" said earlier).

Keep in mind this is approximative, but the text in the preview mentions something about oriental doctrine and how the tree is related as if it shows the "principles of everything" in the "secret mysticism" of the West. It seems to be compared to the original form of something that is rooted deep inside humans.

Not to be taken as a word of law, but I figured it'd be food for thought.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Aazealh said:
Keep in mind this is approximative, but the text in the preview mentions something about oriental doctrine and how the tree is related as if it shows the "principles of everything" in the "secret mysticism" of the West. It seems to be compared to the original form of something that is rooted deep inside humans.

Not to be taken as a word of law, but I figured it'd be food for thought.
Sounds like you might have an idea there Aaz, in any case, there's definitely some evil afoot. :idea:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
By the way, here's a bonus included in copies of volume 34, or at least those bought from a Yurindo shop:

34-SchierkeCard.jpg

Card signed by Miura thanking the reader for purchasing volume 34 (I got one! :badbone:). Could Elfhelm be a tropical island? :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, I love it. A tropical island theme. A possible hint at what's to come in Elfhelm, or just Miura playing around? Hm, food for thought!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
ADOOOOOOOORABLE!

An insanely cute sketch. I love the beherit on Isidro's trident-thing. Also, Puck on his goggles is a nice touch.

Schierke looks awfully serious even when she's relaxing in the water. It's probably her first time swimming. Aaz you lucky bastard, enjoy this special bonus. I'm glad you were able to get it.

I am very depressed at seeing this photo of Shierke because I tried to win the YA#19 of YJA and it included this in it but sadly I lost. :judo:

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Aazealh said:
By the way, here's a bonus included in copies of volume 34, or at least those bought from a Yurindo shop:

Card signed by Miura thanking the reader for purchasing volume 34 (I got one! :badbone:). Could Elfhelm be a tropical island? :guts:

Hah, thats totally unexpected from Miura to me. Thanks for sharing that Aaz, as well as all the other little bonus items you've posted in the past.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Something I wanted to call attention to now that it's confirmed. The statues in the front of Falconia could carry a telling message about the future.

falconia-statues2.jpg

Falcon above man; man above beast. :femto:

Aazealh said:
Well, those who expected to see more of the castle soon are going to be disappointed. :ganishka:

What exactly do you mean here Aaz? Do you have knowledge about episode 308? Or is this speculation based on the signed card?

Thanks for the clarification. This episode it awesome, the castle looks great. I'm surprised there was so much that wasn't seen the in the preview pictures.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The apostles and humans have fought together. Think some of them will room together too? :magni: :zodd:

Either way, I bet apostles will get the primo real-estate first.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Walter said:
The apostles and humans have fought together. Think some of them will room together too? :magni: :zodd:

Either way, I bet apostles will get the primo real-estate first.
I like thinking about what kinda of important jobs the apostles may have in this society.
"All rise in the court of the honorable Judge Zodd" :zodd:

Top Bottom