Episode 310

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Back in business! :guts:

Poor pirates, Guts looks sort of blasé here.

And of course, next YA (n°4, released on 2/12) will have Berserk as well.

Aazealh said:
Probably, eh? Just for info, those guys first showed up in volume 14, episode 92, when SK mentioned Godot's mine. Remember who's said to have inhabited said mine? :slan:

Thank you, Aaz! I always thought they were dwarves, and I could have sworn they were mentioned as inhabiting Godot's mine, but I sat hunched over volume 14 for nearly an hour yesterday and couldn't find any mention of them. Like an idiot, I was completely skipping episode 92 and going straight to episode 93, thinking they were mentioned by Godot himself. Even though I hate when you and Walter have to waste your time by looking up such things for people like me, I really appreciate you showing that to me. I was starting to think I was imagining things. :ganishka: Anyway, I apologize for going off-topic. Back to 310!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
So, what do you guys think of the sea monster now? Looks like a monstrous octopus with a lamprey-like mouth to me.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:
So, what do you guys think of the sea monster now? Looks like a monstrous octopus with a lamprey-like mouth to me.

This monster seems like a sort of Kraken to me. (And Guts seems fine and well healed). :chomp:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Aazealh said:

yeah I agree, that shot looks like lamprey mouth. I guess that must be the main part of the monster since Guts diced and sliced the other appendages. Seems that Guts didn't need assistance, but I have to wait to make sure.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:

It looks awesome! It appears that Guts had very little trouble with it. A little arm canon here, a little DS there and voila! I wonder if this is the whole monster, though, as the last panel leaves me a bit suspicious. I wonder if something bigger is lurking within that ship...

70453608.jpg

By the way, I love this close up of Guts' weary face. It's good to see the big guy back in action again. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Could this be the new party member?! :troll:

It's about what we expected, or at least I did, based on our previous octopus/squid speculation. These previews don't give us what I'm holding out for -- a wide shot of the whole beast.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
I guess that must be the main part of the monster since Guts diced and sliced the other appendages.

If you look at the edge of the beast, you can see where they're attached to it.

Rhombaad said:
By the way, I love this close up of Guts' weary face. It's good to see the big guy back in action again. :guts:

Yeah, it's what prompted my first comment. It's also remarkably similar to the look on my face when I read some posts. :iva:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Wooo! Can hardly wait to read this one. Guts v the Sarlacc-squid! I hope it retreats before it's dispatched. Surely a fantasy badass squid will be able to regenerate some limbs and a cannoned sliced up maw, given time.
One thing's for sure, Magnifico's going to have to wash his pants again.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
I hope it retreats before it's dispatched.
I doubt Guts will let the thing escape. He's seen shooting his cannon at it this ep, so it's probably not going to survive much longer. And judging from the next shot of him slicing it in half, it may already be completely dispatched.

Obviously, we'll know more once about the future when we see the full ep, especially the final panel.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
So this is why so many people are on the board when I get back. :ganishka:

I was looking at that pic A1 as it caught my eye. The two page spread is weird, because at first it looks like he's almost superimposed over facing the other way, like, here's the action and Guts' reaction on the same page. But looking again, it's more likely he's literally spun around after firing and slicing so he's facing the other way. So it looks like he's doing another variation of the arm cannon/Dragon Slayer spin combo from the fight with Rosine's guardians (vol. 15) and later the battle with Mozgus' angels (vol. 20), except he's doing it on the same creature. That is some royal treatment it's getting. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
So it looks like he's doing another variation of the arm cannon/Dragon Slayer spin combo from the fight with Rosine's guardians (vol. 15) and later the battle with Mozgus' angels (vol. 20), except he's doing it on the same creature. That is some royal treatment it's getting. :guts:
Good catch! Yeah I should have looked closer at that panel, since now it's quite clear that's what he's doing. And not only just from A1, but in 9, judging by the way he's holding the DS, it's a sure thing.

Again, I'd say this could be the end of the fight, especially if the thing is now sliced in half. Though, we won't know for sure until the full ep.

グリフィス said:
So this is why so many people are on the board when I get back. :ganishka:

I was looking at that pic A1 as it caught my eye. The two page spread is weird, because at first it looks like he's almost superimposed over facing the other way, like, here's the action and Guts' reaction on the same page. But looking again, it's more likely he's literally spun around after firing and slicing so he's facing the other way. So it looks like he's doing another variation of the arm cannon/Dragon Slayer spin combo from the fight with Rosine's guardians (vol. 15) and later the battle with Mozgus' angels (vol. 20), except he's doing it on the same creature. That is some royal treatment it's getting. :guts:

Don't forget about when he did it to finish off the possessed tree in volume 14! :ganishka:

Griffith

Good call, I was thinking he'd done it more, but those were the examples that came to mind.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Noes! cmon the thing has gotta be gormongous. I refuse to believe it could be that big and still be small enough to be killed by a surface attack. The tentacles are big enough to swallow dudes! The central body's GOT to be long enough for the vital organs to be up in the head some distance from the mouth. Pls pls pls pls....

On the other hand it'd rule if Miura kills it with actual-squid-weaknesses, like the way the esophagus runs through the brain, so if it swallows anything too big it kills itself.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I know I'm not alone in saying I would love to see Guts actually take a bite out of this thing or even cook it afterwards. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Gobolatula said:
I know I'm not alone in saying I would love to see Guts actually take a bite out of this thing or even cook it afterwards. :guts:

I can certainly see Puck frying up some dead squid. :serpico:

Griffith

Wow
, if people thought Guts was too businesslike in his dispatching of trolls, they're not going to like this.
:guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well I did not see Guts collapse after his whirlwind of fucking doom. That's always a good sign that his health is getting better.

I am pretty sure that the pirate ship monster is pretty much fucking done. Now its time for the mermaids and sirens to wreck havoc on them! :carcus:

Thanks! :ubik:

*Plays Ensiferum on the stereo*

Favorite part: The pirates introduces the "mother tentacle" in some sort of last-level-boss-fashion and four pages later it's reduced to chunks of meat! :ganishka:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well I did not see Guts collapse after his whirlwind of fucking doom. That's always a good sign that his health is getting better.

Couldn't agree more. Maybe it's just me, but I think Guts looks a little less emaciated from the last time we saw him. (Guts Now>Guts Volume 30>Guts Volume 28 :ubik:)

Can't decide if I hope for more fighting on the open sea or a speedier transit to Elfhelm

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I like the stages the pirate captain goes through : 1) Trembling at the massacre Guts is making of its now master. 2) Cocky at the sight the real McCoy shows up to fight Guts. 3) Finally, the look on his face(page 20) as the monster gets sliced and perforated by the cannon. is like "Oh shit! I'm done"

Top Bottom