Episode 311

I think it would be really cool and interesting if the cave had some connection to say Conrad, who hasn't gotten a ton of screen time, and could easily be a spark for something that leads to revelations, maybe new twists added to the journey to Skellig. I don't think Miura is going to waste time making this island solely about showing Guts what the new world is all about, while this is certainly going to be in there, other interesting developments will be weaved in.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
That's a great point, Bob. This could very well be the point in the story where they learn just what happened when the "wind" washed over them.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I also think[HOPE] Azan makes the reveal to the other characters who he is.

Me, too! He didn't get to shine in the last battle because Guts took care of the sea cucumber so quickly, so I hope he has some involvement in the upcoming struggle. However, if the Sea God is as large and powerful as some are speculating, no one may be able to fight it.

"Back to the ship!" :magni:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I also think[HOPE] Azan makes the reveal to the other characters who he is.

More like admitting it. They all know already; he's the one pretending to be someone else.

Rhombaad said:
Me, too! He didn't get to shine in the last battle because Guts took care of the sea cucumber so quickly, so I hope he has some involvement in the upcoming struggle. However, if the Sea God is as large and powerful as some are speculating, no one may be able to fight it.

"Back to the ship!" :magni:

You guys realize that Azan stayed on the ship, right? He didn't accompany the group on the island.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
You guys realize that Azan stayed on the ship, right? He didn't accompany the group on the island.

True, but once/if the Sea God emerges, it might not matter whether he's on the island or not. He still might come face to face with it if it tries to attack the ship.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
True, but once/if the Sea God emerges, it might not matter whether he's on the island or not. He still might come face to face with it if it tries to attack the ship.

Well, in your post you followed "I hope he has some involvement in the upcoming struggle. However, if the Sea God is as large and powerful as some are speculating, no one may be able to fight it." with "Back to the ship!" so I just connected the dots. :slan:

Besides, how's he going to "reveal" his identity to the others while not being with them on the island?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Well, in your post you followed "I hope he has some involvement in the upcoming struggle. However, if the Sea God is as large and powerful as some are speculating, no one may be able to fight it." with "Back to the ship!" so I just connected the dots. :slan:

Haha, that's what I get for posting while I'm still half asleep. Give me another hour or two and I'll be right in the head. Hopefully. :iva:

Aazealh said:
Besides, how's he going to "reveal" his identity to the others while not being with them on the island?

Good point.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Another thing I'm excited about is a chance for Schierke to summon something bigger and better than the sea god ... Or maybe Farnese will end up possessed due to her slight training with magic, but being nowhere near Schierke's level(who has almost lost herself in the past in that way) :farnese:
Yep, good call. This is something I think many of us have wondered about since the merging. How will it affect magic and Schierke's process of conversing with astral entities? What will happen when she or Farnese try to use astral projection in deeper layers? Will it be more effective or less because of the merging?

I'm reminded of when she became possessed by Lady of the Depths in Enoch and bit off a little more than she could chew. If these entities are more accessible .... that could make them a little tougher to control, and they might not want to leave after sharing their power.

So many questions ... :???:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Walter said:
Yep, good call. This is something I think many of us have wondered about since the merging. How will it affect magic and Schierke's process of conversing with astral entities? What will happen when she or Farnese try to use astral projection in deeper layers? Will it be more effective or less because of the merging?

I'm reminded of when she became possessed by Lady of the Depths in Enoch and bit off a little more than she could chew. If these entities are more accessible .... that could make them a little tougher to control, and they might not want to leave after sharing their power.

So many questions ... :???:

I'm really curious to see how these questions are answered, too. I'm guessing the entities are going to be much stronger now...It would make sense, seeming as everything that was otherworldly is well..in the same world, now. Maybe the different elements will be able to be summoned without having immediate spirits nearby, Or "hearing" them will be irrelevant and they won't be disrupted by barriers like cities. I'm sure we'll find out, soon. :guts:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
I hadn't thought about that...That would dampen her arsenal quite a bit. They've always been dangerous, but extremely helpful to guts and the group. If this were the case, we'd probably be seeing more berserker. Poor Guts never gets a break. : (

With Isidro and the girl heading into the cave, its likely they'll need to be rescued. Perhaps Schierke will make a contract with a spirit to save Isidro and inadvertently contract the sea god. It would be interesting to see a fight and know that if Guts goes berserk then everyone is dead. Plus I don't want Guts to get all mangled up by the armor too soon.

What do you think about the possibility of Guts' and Casca's son showing up on the island?

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Sarcomere said:
With Isidro and the girl heading into the cave, its likely they'll need to be rescued. Perhaps Schierke will make a contract with a spirit to save Isidro and inadvertently contract the sea god.
Yeah, I mentioned how I'd really like to see Schierke try to summon some sort of creature here, but I didn't even think of the possibility of her being the one somehow summoning the "sea god." Although, it may already be there due to the merging.
It would be interesting to see a fight and know that if Guts goes berserk then everyone is dead. Plus I don't want Guts to get all mangled up by the armor too soon.
Yeah, we haven't seen him having to deal with the armor in quite a while, and it will be really interesting to see how the merging has affected his use of it or Schierke's ability to pull him back.

What do you think about the possibility of Guts' and Casca's son showing up on the island?
Eh, probably around zero... I see no reason to believe that could happen. :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sarcomere said:
With Isidro and the girl heading into the cave, its likely they'll need to be rescued.

They haven't headed in just yet...

Sarcomere said:
Perhaps Schierke will make a contract with a spirit to save Isidro and inadvertently contract the sea god.

Hmm, I'm not sure that's too likely. I think she would know if she were talking to the being whose Od is covering the entire island. Not just that but I wouldn't assume right away that the type of spirits she usually summons are now freely wandering the world.

puella

Berserk forever
About the idol, maybe the sea god doesn't really look like it? Since it's from an old legend, eye-witnesses must have been lacking...

In a previous post I mentioned how I thought he could resemble a merman but I didn't convey what I meant correctly. Technically a merman can only attack people who are at sea and Guts & co are on land right now. What I envisioned was just an amphibious creature covered with scales.

I've also been imagining that Isidro might find something in the cave that has blinded the villagers for a long time, like a spell of some sort. Maybe Guts will not really have to fight and instead Schierke will have to perform a ceremony to remove the powerful and sinister od from the island.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Fun speculation. I was interpreting the idol as a small monster rather than a statue but I guess next ep will make that clear. The screens make it look like they're rotting the fish intentionally for maximum stank, or am I misinterpreting that? Are they supposed to be sun-drying and there's just lots of flies on em? I guess it's possible the island has serious fuel problems if it's small enough that they don't have wood to burn, though you'd think drying seaweed and burning that to keep the flies off would net better results than grodyfying your fish in the attempt to process em.. Maybe the monster doesn't approve of fire.

Suddenly I wonder, if Azan is hiding his face for some Horrible Reason, what effect the wind has had on that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
The screens make it look like they're rotting the fish intentionally for maximum stank, or am I misinterpreting that? Are they supposed to be sun-drying and there's just lots of flies on em?

They're supposed to be sun-drying but the village is all run-down for some (mysterious & sinister) reason, so they've been left there, abandoned. I imagine it's not how things usually are.

Lithrael said:
Suddenly I wonder, if Azan is hiding his face for some Horrible Reason, what effect the wind has had on that.

It's been confirmed long ago that he was just trying not to be recognized because he was ashamed of his situation. I doubt he's horribly disfigured.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
It's been confirmed long ago that he was just trying not to be recognized because he was ashamed of his situation. I doubt he's horribly disfigured.

What events occured during his dowfall though? There could be some scars involved :guts:

Top Bottom