Episode 312

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Long time no talk.

Anyways I was wondering and this might seem a retarded question, actually it is but I have to be sure. Is the island there on now Elfhelm? or just a island they had to rest up on?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Omega Tom Hanks said:
Anyways I was wondering and this might seem a retarded question, actually it is but I have to be sure. Is the island there on now Elfhelm? or just a island they had to rest up on?

It's just a tiny island they anchored by for the day so they could fix the ship. You'd know that if you read the episodes.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Well I did read and or assumed as much. Anyways to be honest I needed a reason to post on here again I missed talking to you guys... :judo: Anyways what's with this new girl is she possessed or is she the spirit itself?

Also is the pirate captain demon dude dead or is he still around waiting to strike?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Omega Tom Hanks said:
Well I did read and or assumed as much.

Then why did you ask?

Omega Tom Hanks said:
Anyways what's with this new girl is she possessed or is she the spirit itself?

She's not the Sea God, but she definitely is not a normal human either. You can read this thread if you want more details.

Omega Tom Hanks said:
Also is the pirate captain demon dude dead or is he still around waiting to strike?

He's not dead (well technically he is, but you get the idea), as you'd know if you had (attentively?) read the episodes. But I'm guessing you assumed as much.

Hi Omega Tom Hanks,

If after reading Aaz's replies, you still find yourself wanting to insist that YOU DID read them, I would suggest questioning the integrity of the sources used to read said episodes.

However, if your source was SK.net, a cloud of suspicion has now been cast over your own reading comprehension on this particular day of reading.

pjboom said:
By the way, if Isma eventually joins the party that would cover the 3 elements, only earth would remain. This is just an opinion but maybe Miura is building the party in order to introduce some kind of help from the 4 elemental Kings, since they are probably the only entities close to the God hand in power terms (just speculation though).

This then begs the question: Who would be Heart?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Doc said:
This then begs the question: Who would be Heart?

And with all elements combined. YOu'll have this. :troll:

captainplanet.jpg

I very much enjoyed this episode and have always been satisfied with the direction and tone Berserk has been taking. One of my favorite things about Berserk is how it is a dynamic ever changing and evolving world. In my opinion this makes its feel more believable and interesting to learn about.

I don't understand why people complain so much since Berserk has always been amazing in quality.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
EndlessSky said:
I very much enjoyed this episode and have always been satisfied with the direction and tone Berserk has been taking. One of my favorite things about Berserk is how it is a dynamic ever changing and evolving world. In my opinion this makes its feel more believable and interesting to learn about.

I don't understand why people complain so much since Berserk has always been amazing in quality.

Because focusing on building a quality story and taking the time to build upon new relationships and places doesn't always result in ACTION!!!
Also, people will always find something to complain about...seems to be the case, anyways. I certainly agree with you, the story has only grown so much more interesting.

Its incredible to believe just how much has happened in the story so far with everyone involved in the group. I love how Miura has built upon the character of each individual, Farense and Serpico, Guts and Schierke...They're all so dynamic in terms of how their personalities have changed due to the circumstances, and that's certainly a treat that not all manga's can sport.

alright guys.... there has been way to many long waiting periods between episodes this past year or two. I'm getting a strong feeling that we'll never see the end of berserk- at least not in the next ten years! By that time many could loose interest. Not saying this with any delight

robinhood said:
alright guys.... there has been way to many long waiting periods between episodes this past year or two. I'm getting a strong feeling that we'll never see the end of berserk- at least not in the next ten years! By that time many could loose interest. Not saying this with any delight

:ganishka:

Are you serious or trolling?

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
robinhood said:
Your point is original and refreshing and really can lead to some great discussion and insight into Berserk's story. :mozgus:

X

Xem

robinhood said:
I wish I was not serious, but I am. SERIOUSLY though- how many hiatuses have there been in the last two years!? just saying..... :???:

How many times have you been let down after a "hiatus" ?

Miura has been gracious enough to explain to us why he takes breaks and even tell us some details as to what he's been doing during them. There's no reason to be alarmed whatsoever. If anything, take pride that you're around to experience such expertise. SERIOUSLY

robinhood said:
I wish I was not serious, but I am. SERIOUSLY though- how many hiatuses have there been in the last two years!? just saying..... :???:

Well, at this rate a hiatuses should be no surprised right? Then why are you surprised? Invest in things to kill time, what else can you really do? You already knew that.

Me personally, have becoming more embedded with a overall scheme of Berserk, from a Manga into a long investment. I've been coming here so long, there is no longer "BERSERK THE MANGA." I can't help it but now its BERSERK, and the SKULLKNIGHT.NET association. Both are a investment of my time and money, as it is for almost everyone here. I may not have the latest manga episode to read, but damn it I have a forum to invest my unhealthy Berserk cravings into. I don't know if SK.NET feels worthy of that, but just like the breaks..... too bad. :serpico: Berserk is so good, no other manga is worthy of such commitment. Its not even a manga to me now, it somehow has become some more, something very special and is only somehow delivered into my hands in a manga form, which is always in perfection. Speaking for myself of course.

Keep real busy and there will be another episode before you know it. Miura isn't torturing you, your torturing yourself. :beast:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Death May Die said:
Keep real busy and there will be another episode before you know it. Miura isn't torturing you, your torturing yourself. :beast:
I keep busy by twiddling my thumbs :guts:
Do these forums usually explode with activity when a new episode comes out?

*Been Waiting so long* :carcus:

I agree though, in the 3 minute span it will take me to read those 20 pages, ive never been let down after a hiatus

Oburi

All praise Grail
20 pages in three minutes? That's too fast for me. I like to read 1 page a day after a new episode is released. It really helps spread the story out and make the breaks seem shorter :-)

I've taken to more or less ignoring Berserk for 6 month spans so I get slightly meatier chunks when I do read it (though at current release rates I should honestly let a year pass :serpico:)

It's actually troublesome though because I have a hard time avoiding reading what others say here about the episodes when they are released so when I do get around to reading the actual thing it's usually not as exciting as when I read the first 20 or so volumes all at once without spoilers.

There's something to be said for getting to see the story as it progresses but I can't help but feel envious to the people who get to read it all together ten, twenty..... thirty years down the road.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Oburi, you're insane. A page a day with new eps? Man... It'd drive me batty.

It does take me a good two-three days to fully absorb a new one though, so I kinda get where you're coming from. I usually read through the thing pretty quick, because I usually can't contain my excitedness. Then I'll go back to the beginning and stare at each page, panel-by-panel for a long time. Then skip around to different pages. Then read the episode thread. Then re-read the episode with people's comments in mind. Then again. And again. It's fun.

...Anyway, perhaps there should be a separate thread (if there already isn't) about how we all personally cope with larger gaps between releases... Mr. Miura's process is one to be respected, obviously, but we can all agree that we miss Berserk when it doesn't come out with each YA that's released.

Me, personally, I reread previous episodes / entire chunks of story in no particular order, picking apart in my brain how they relate to the current story arc and where the characters are all at.

This board is actually a great place for a steady stream of new Berserk, whether it's fan art / general creative works, merchandise, story discussion, and the ultimate news and eventual discussion of new episodes...

When you're aching for new Berserk, just know you're not alone. And chill.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
I've taken to more or less ignoring Berserk for 6 month spans so I get slightly meatier chunks when I do read it (though at current release rates I should honestly let a year pass :serpico:)

It's actually troublesome though because I have a hard time avoiding reading what others say here about the episodes when they are released so when I do get around to reading the actual thing it's usually not as exciting as when I read the first 20 or so volumes all at once without spoilers.

I understand the motive, but honestly I think you should just follow the episodes as they are released. You're just torturing yourself otherwise. And while it's definitely gratifying to read a whole volume at once, I would argue that there is a lot of merit in perusing episodes individually. Not to mention the pleasure of watching it all come together after a while.

Gobolatula said:
Anyway, perhaps there should be a separate thread (if there already isn't) about how we all personally cope with larger gaps between releases...

You can make one if you want.

Top Bottom