Episode 314

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Shadow8 said:
Good, but I don't know when?
When what? The episode is coming out this week. Anyway, the title is "Human tentacles".

I wonder what Guts is holding against the DS. And it looks like the ghost ship is climbing the cliff? :ubik:
 

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Great! I wonder how many tentacles Guts manage to get this time around, since he looks all bloody in one of the pics. That ghost ship sure looks like it's climbing the hill, being helped by the tentacles perhaps.
 
C

cajunman380

Guest
I wonder what Guts is holding against the DS. And it looks like the ghost ship is climbing the cliff?
I think it might be for the cannon in his arm. I wonder if we will get a glimpse of the sea god in this episode.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Great! I wonder how many tentacles Guts manage to get this time around, since he looks all bloody in one of the pics. That ghost ship sure looks like it's climbing the hill, being helped by the tentacles perhaps.
No doubt it's going to be a sea cucumber massacre... And could it be that the Sea God really is hiding itself inside the ghost ship? It has to be something bigger than what we've seen so far.

cajunman380 said:
I think it might be for the cannon in his arm.
Ah yeah, good guess, I think that's it. It's been quite a while since we last saw him reloading during battle.
 
Two of the tentacles in the sixth preview picture look a bit more human than the rest. Think we'll get a glimpse at the Sea God in this episode?
 

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
:serpico: Looks like we're gonna get to see some Serpico action! It's been a while.

Also, looks like they're gonna pair up the kids with the pirates. Perfect villain for those three.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The first image of the second preview pic is awesome. Looks like there are several different sea cucumbers.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, the title is "Human tentacles".
:magni:
 
Shadow8 said:
Good, but I don't know when?
Death May Die said:
Wow 314 already? What a pleasant surprise!
[quote author=Rules for Current Episodes thread]
Young Animal is a semi-monthly magazine (it's released every second and fourth friday of the month).
[/quote]
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
I wouldn't give people too much grief for not expecting the quick turnaround with 314. As we well know, just because Young Animal is semi-monthly, doesn't mean Berserk always is. Even if we were forewarned, I prefer pleasantly surprised to unpleasantly expectant. =)

Anyway, looks great, I can't wait to see what the ghost ship is up to. I'm not sold that it's housing the Sea God though, mostly because I'm hoping it's so huge it can't even compact itself into the ship. Of course, all of these phenomenon could be direct manifestations of the Sea God, each tentacle and sea cucumber a part of it's greater whole, like Dead Space. :void:

And since we already have a best guess, I'm going with an extreme alternative and guessing that the object in Guts' hand is... a drum mallet! Which Guts is using there to play the Dragon Slayer like a Xylophone, in concert with the sea cucumbers, for a stirring rendition of the song of the Sea God, the only thing that can sooth its rage! :guts:
 
Can't wait to see the massacre!

Bekul said:
Anyone else hoping a small one of those tentacles gets kept by someone as a pet? Isidro could use a friend... :isidro:
Hehe, I think the tentacles die if the Sea God dies, man. Sorry.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
グリフィス said:
I wouldn't give people too much grief for not expecting the quick turnaround with 314. As we well know, just because Young Animal is semi-monthly, doesn't mean Berserk always is. =)
And it's not like I announced it two weeks ago in the previous thread!

Aazealh said:
Berserk will of course be present in the next issue of YA.
By the way, you guys should prepare yourselves to be amazed two weeks from now:

Aazealh said:
And while we're at it, episode 315 will be in the next next YA (#15, released on July 23rd).
:iva:

グリフィス said:
Anyway, looks great, I can't wait to see what the ghost ship is up to. I'm not sold that it's housing the Sea God though, mostly because I'm hoping it's so huge it can't even compact itself into the ship. Of course, all of these phenomenon could be direct manifestations of the Sea God, each tentacle and sea cucumber a part of it's greater whole, like Dead Space. :void:
Yeah, I'm in the same predicament... But I think it's going to be awesome either way. :guts: And I agree about each sea cucumber and villager being a part of the Sea God's greater whole, actually. From what we've seen so far it seems they're all under control to some extent. Not unlike an apostle's minions.

グリフィス said:
And since we already have a best guess, I'm going with an extreme alternative and guessing that the object in Guts' hand is... a drum mallet! Which Guts is using there to play the Dragon Slayer like a Xylophone, in concert with the sea cucumbers, for a stirring rendition of the song of the Sea God, the only thing that can sooth its rage! :guts:
The thought briefly occurred to me. :farnese:
 

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
It looks quite good, and I have a wild guess: what if the "human tentacles" are bound to a larger core(like the Sea God)?
That would explain why we see at first the sea cucumber in the open sea (assuming that every sea cucumber and its human like tentacles are always made by villagers).

The best example that comes in my mind is this:



People enslaved and transformed.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
It looks quite good, and I have a wild guess: what if the "human tentacles" are bound to a larger core(like the Sea God)?
That would explain why we see at first the sea cucumber in the open sea (assuming that every sea cucumber and its human like tentacles are always made by villagers).

The best example that comes in my mind is [Legion from Symphony of the Night]
Not a very valid comparison for a number of reasons. The appendages of the sea god act autonomously and are, in some form, alive. It's not just a pile of corpses. It's actually got far more in common with the way apostles control minions, which makes sense since that's within the same universe.
 

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Awesome! looks like they're not going to waste any time getting down to business.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Looks like we'll have to wait for the next episode before we see what's inside the ghost ship!

Anyway, Magnifico tells Guts to use the armor like he did in Vritannis but Farnese strongly objects, saying that Schierke warned against it and so on. Meanwhile the kids are witnessing the ghost ship's approach from afar.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Holy fuck, I mean, we've never seen Guts have to reload like that for a reason. :guts:

I'd like to see Farnese flex her new-found magic muscles during this incident.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
グリフィス said:
Holy fuck, I mean, we've never seen Guts have to reload like that for a reason. :guts:
Well he did load his cannon in the heat of battle to shoot at Femto while being dragged to hell by the Vortex of Souls, but that doesn't exactly make it a mundane occurrence. :void:
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Aazealh said:
Well he did load his cannon in the heat of battle to shoot at Femto while being dragged to hell by the Vortex of Souls, but that doesn't exactly make it a mundane occurrence. :void:
Yeah, but that was personal and in the moment, whereas he's never had to casually bust out his special cannon reloading mallet before. It's like Guts admitting he needs to pop a Viagra before he continues. :zodd:
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Truder said:
Guts' brand is bleeding, I wonder what that means? :schnoz:
It means he's close to evil creatures. And it was already bleeding when they first arrived on the island.
 
Top Bottom