Episode 315

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's not to say there won't be breaks anymore for a while though. I remain cautiously optimistic on things getting progressively better, nothing more.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
That's not to say there won't be breaks anymore for a while though. I remain cautiously optimistic on things getting progressively better, nothing more.

Yeah, I don't think breaks will ever go away completely. I'm just hoping we see fewer of them eventually. But if that's what it takes to do the story right, I'm all for it.

Edit: My copy of Vol. 35 arrived yesterday and on the preview page for the next volume, it looks like Farnese is front and center in the Berserk vision (not quite sure what to call it). My guess is she might be attempting to stop Guts at the same time as Schierke is rushing to help him. What if all her recent character development has led to this one defining moment and Guts ends up taking her life before Schierke can assist him?

I realize I'm jumping to a bit of an outlandish conclusion, but what if all the time Miura has been investing in her and her family recently has been to endear her even more to the reader in preparation for this part of the story? Personally, I don't even want to think about losing Farnese right now.

I do have my doubts, obviously. What was the point of her trying to become a witch up until now? Just so she could use the serpent thorns a couple times? What do you guys think?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
on the preview page for the next volume, it looks like Farnese is front and center in the Berserk vision

Looks more like Serpico to me. Which would also make more sense (him trying to protect the others).

Rhombaad said:
My guess is she might be attempting to stop Guts at the same time as Schierke is rushing to help him. What if all her recent character development has led to this one defining moment and Guts ends up taking her life before Schierke can assist him?

Doesn't seem likely to me. First, like you said, that'd be a lot of character development for nothing. Farnese has gone a long way from her introduction in volume 14 until now. Second, I don't think Farnese is ready to do something that complicated yet. Third, even if she were trying to stop Guts, she'd likely have to sit down and concentrate, not stand in front of the others. Fourth, who's taking care of Casca if she isn't? Fifth, if Guts were to attack the group right now, I don't think there'd just be a single casualty. One swing of the Dragon Slayer would be enough to kill half the people there.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Looks more like Serpico to me. Which would also make more sense (him trying to protect the others).

You're right. It looks like Farnese is behind and to the left of him.

Aazealh said:
Doesn't seem likely to me. First, like you said, that'd be a lot of character development for nothing. Farnese has gone a long way from her introduction in volume 14 until now. Second, I don't think Farnese is ready to do something that complicated yet. Third, even if she were trying to stop Guts, she'd likely have to sit down and concentrate, not stand in front of the others. Fourth, who's taking care of Casca if she isn't? Fifth, if Guts were to attack the group right now, I don't think there'd just be a single casualty. One swing of the Dragon Slayer would be enough to kill half the people there.

Those are really good points. More speculation shot down in flames. :void:

Top Bottom