Episode 318

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Title: 獣士 - Beastman​

There will be a break starting with the next issue. YA is out of episodes (manuscripts); no more in stock!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
There will be a break starting with the next issue. YA is out of episodes (manuscripts); no more in stock!

That's too bad, here's hoping 318 has as much sustenance as 317 to hold us over.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well there you go! A repeat of what happened in Vritannis with the Schierke/Guts team-up. :guts:

Farnese' spell worked all right. Didn't fail but it's no masterpiece either (as expected for her first time). And the boy and Isma notice something. The Sea God? Lurking in the darkness... Biggest cliffhanger ever?

Griffith

It's the return of...

beastknight2.jpg

So, Beasty was indeed wrong about that being a one time thing. Also, before Aaz's description, I thought that was the Beast in the darkness, grumbling over his time out. :guts: :chomp:

Hey thanks for the Summary Aaz. Too bad we won't have any more episodes for a while, can't wait too see what the sea god is like.
Griff, i couldn't stop laughing with the picture :ganishka:

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Very cool!

I'm excited to see how long the moonlight boy sticks around this time, and what they can learn of him. Though it looks like they might have their hands full already! :guts:

Here's hoping for another episode shortly after the holidays!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks promising, but MAN what a cliffhanger! It appears like the Sea God is roaring from the darkness in that second-to-last image :magni:

However, what worries me the most is seeing Schierke riding the visage of the Beast like that. She's already taken one big risk recently, and I wonder if the Beast might attempt something on her in retaliation...

Rhombaad said:
By the way, what do you mean when you say YA is out of episodes/manuscripts?
It's vague, but we believe it means that Miura has run out of the stockpile of episodes he's drawn in advance. So it's likely we won't see Guts again before 2011.

I need to read this episode in it's entirety before really commenting on anything, but I'm iffy on the panel of (well, more the notion of) Schierke atop the Beast. Again? I'm with Walter on this, I think something kind of bad needs to happen to Schierke for attempting to 'cheat' the armor. Not that I don't love her, I do, but I'd like to see the Beast get it's point across on not being fucked with.

Also am I seeing the Elemental Kings?

Another break. Ah. Well, the last number of episodes have been really great so I can't complain.

Griffith

Proj2501 said:
I need to read this episode in it's entirety before really commenting on anything, but I'm iffy on the panel of (well, more the notion of) Schierke atop the Beast. Again? I'm with Walter on this, I think something kind of bad needs to happen to Schierke for attempting to 'cheat' the armor. Not that I don't love her, I do, but I'd like to see the Beast get it's point across on not being fucked with.

Yeah, I had a similar thought that it would be cool to see the Beast takeover and run loose despite Schierke's presence every once in a while, which there's already precedent for in episode 272. Though, as suspected then, this isn't a freak occurrence but likely another phase in utilizing the armor, especially now that they've seemingly done it by design. Plus, all the possibilities it opens up combining Schierke's powers with Guts' to create a magical tank was always too good just to defeat Daiba in an isolated incident (on that note, how much you want to bet a similar method as the Guts/blaze wheel combo is employed against the Sea God?). It even foreshadows other plausible ways Guts will be able to finally take down a God Hand for good; because he's going to hit one with the Dragon Slayer while its exploding with astral napalm. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Schierke atop the Beast. Again? I'm with Walter on this, I think something kind of bad needs to happen to Schierke for attempting to 'cheat' the armor. Not that I don't love her, I do, but I'd like to see the Beast get it's point across on not being fucked with.
There could be more than meets the eye in this episode. All we saw was a panel, but Miura has always managed to surprise us, even when we think we know all the variables in play. That being said, I remain unsure what the Beast could even do to Schierke in this instance. Her body is safely on board the Sea Horse. And what we're seeing, as Aaz dutifully pointed out to me, isn't the Beast itself, but the Od of the armor, wrapped in the visage of the Beast. It's an important discrepancy, because the Beast is an aspect of Guts' mind.

Still, despite it being implausible, I would really like the Beast to somehow make direct communication with Schierke. Give her a little scare
beastgrin.gif

Also am I seeing the Elemental Kings?
Schierke began walking Farnese through the Four Kings' protection contract last episode, so yeah.

Griffith said:
how much you want to bet a similar method as the Guts/blaze wheel combo is employed against the Sea God?
That presumes Schierke will be able to make contact with preexisting elemental entities. Would be cool if there were some around, but I wonder if they can coexist in the same region as the Sea God.

Griffith

Walter said:
Still, despite it being implausible, I would really like the Beast to somehow make direct communication with Schierke. Give her a little scare
beastgrin.gif

schierkebeast.jpg

Oh yeah! :beast:

Walter said:
That presumes Schierke will be able to make contact with preexisting elemental entities. Would be cool if there were some around, but I wonder if they can coexist in the same region as the Sea God.

Not necessarily, like you said Miura could always throw something new our way. I just mean it's likely her spell-casting will come into play like it did against the Kundalini, especially if the Sea God is all he's cracked up to be. As for summoning spiritual entities, so far Schierke hasn't come up empty yet when one's been needed in whatever environment, so no reason to presume they aren't there too. Hell, let's just lay our cards on the table: Merrows, baby! :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Still, despite it being implausible, I would really like the Beast to somehow make direct communication with Schierke.

Implausible indeed.

Griffith said:
As for summoning spiritual entities, so far Schierke hasn't come up empty yet when one's been needed in whatever environment, so no reason to presume they aren't there too. Hell, let's just lay our cards on the table: Merrows, baby!

But how is she going to go search for said entity while keeping Guts conscious? Last time she'd already summoned the Blaze Wheel beforehand. As for the merrows, I like the idea of their intervention, but I don't think they could be "summoned" like that.

Wow , i'm speechless.
The first two pages are spectacular. And the last pages.... you guys were right, biggest cliffhanger ever.
I can't wait for more.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You know what I'd like to see? Guts & Schierke overwhelmed by the Sea God, and then a certain "Superior Being" stepping on the court. Episode 319: Jan Anin (2)? :void:

Aazealh said:
You know what I'd like to see? Guts & Schierke overwhelmed by the Sea God, and then a certain "Superior Being" stepping on the court. Episode 319: Jan Anin (2)? :void:
I thought of a post from Walter while reading that. We talked about what the Sea God will eventually look like and Walter suggested that when he will finally emerge the whole island is going to crumble in pieces.

Walter said:
However, I do somewhat agree with Rus here, in that when it does finally emerge, it will shatter the island by the end. Isidro noted that the island was oddly small. I wouldn't be surprised, but WOULD be thrilled if the thing fell into massive island pieces as the party escapes. :ubik:

I would love to see Guts and the gang escape and some epic fighting in the background. :badbone:

Griffith

The Sea God is coming... :isidro:

Aazealh said:
But how is she going to go search for said entity while keeping Guts conscious?

Sounds like an suspenseful complication to me. :guts:

Aazealh said:
As for the merrows, I like the idea of their intervention, but I don't think they could be "summoned" like that.

Perhaps not, I have no idea what their status is at this point though. What about "contacted?" =)

Aazealh said:

Another factor to be considered. It's interesting that Guts and Schierke have gone alone though.

Rus said:
I thought of a post from Walter while reading that. We talked about what the Sea God will eventually look like and Walter suggested that when he will finally emerge the whole island is going to crumble in pieces.

Or the island is the shell on its back. :carcus:

Top Bottom