Episode 319

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Title: 海神① - Sea God (1)​

Berserk will be back on April 8th, in YA #8. :slan:

There'll be a color page, and the last 4 episodes will be republished as well to provide a quick refresher course.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
byah.png

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Freakin Yeah!!! What great news! :isidro:

The anticipation of finding out what the Sea God looks like is driving me nuts.

Excellent news! :ubik:

Aazealh said:
There'll be a color page, and the last 4 episodes will be republished as well to provide a quick refresher course.

Has something like this been done before? I'm wondering if we can go crazy and interpret this as a sign of a string of uninterrupted episodes coming up. That would simply be fantastic.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
m said:
Has something like this been done before? I'm wondering if we can go crazy and interpret this as a sign of a string of uninterrupted episodes coming up. That would simply be fantastic.

Republishing past episodes after a break has been done before. There's definitely a string of at least a few uninterrupted episodes coming up, but that's just the usual.

Aazealh said:
Berserk will be back on April 8th, in YA #8. :slan:

This is the best news I've heard in a while! I feel like I've found an Evian vending machine after wandering through the desert for months. I'm infinitely happier and rejuvenated now. :ubik:

Infinte

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
Will there be any news about the new Berserk movie at the Hakusensha issue coming at the 8th April?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Infinte said:
Will there be any news about the new Berserk movie at the Hakusensha issue coming at the 8th April?

Maybe, but nothing's been announced so far.

For those who care, the cover is up on the official website.

I wonder though, if whether or not the recent tragedies in Japan might have had any creative impact on Miura and Young Animal. Certainly it would be assuring to know if Miura had to make any last minute changes to the artwork/dialog of 319 or any other upcoming episodes that he's probably working on right now, in order not to be deemed insensitive to the earthquake/tsunami victims and their families.
But on a more positive note, who's willing to bet that the episode 319 will simply be titled "Sea God"? :SK:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
BayJumper said:
I wonder though, if whether or not the recent tragedies in Japan might have had any creative impact on Miura and Young Animal. Certainly it would be assuring to know if Miura had to make any last minute changes to the artwork/dialog of 319 or any other upcoming episodes that he's probably working on right now, in order not to be deemed insensitive to the earthquake/tsunami victims and their families.

I wouldn't doubt the events will have a creative impact on Miura. The changes to this upcoming episode would probably be minimal (he's probably already had it written and who knows how much is already finished)

The island has become uninhabited since all the villagers were turned into sea cucumber beasts. The ship is also currently under the protection of Farnese. I guess it's possible that some of the content would need to be tweaked, but it's a bit of a stretch. With the focus on Guts and his upcoming battle, the potential for offensive material seems pretty low.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:

A creative impact? Maybe. Wouldn't be the first time it happened (the tragic events in Rwanda had inspired him back then). But it's not like tsunami weren't already a part of Japan's history. I mean there's a reason we're using a Japanese word in the first place. And I really don't believe Miura would compromise his artistic integrity for any reason whatsoever, so whatever changes might hypothetically take place wouldn't matter much.

As for modifying the upcoming episodes... I'm not sure it'd even be necessary. Everybody on the island is already dead. The Sea God's in a cave. Even if the island were to sink under the waves, it wouldn't be that evocative of what happened in Japan. At least not any more than anything related to a "sea god" is going to be, and that's inevitable at this point. Lastly, and I know it's kind of a stretch, but it might be somewhat cathartic for some people to see Guts fighting a "sea god" after that.

Top Bottom