Episode 319

I went to order this issue of Young Animal only to realize Sasuga Books no longer exists! :judo: Can anyone tell me a good alternative for ordering these magazines in the U.S. other than Yahoo Auctions Japan that isn't going to price gouge me?

Skull Knight said:
I went to order this issue of Young Animal only to realize Sasuga Books no longer exists! :judo: Can anyone tell me a good alternative for ordering these magazines in the U.S. other than Yahoo Auctions Japan that isn't going to price gouge me?

Yes, my friend you can :griffnotevil:

http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29772

Since Sasuga going belly up last year, I've been using Nippon Exports to get my YA subscription as well as the Berserk tankobon delivered to me.
For more info on subscribing magazines
http://www.nippon-export.com/faq/subscription

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Now how's that for a sea monster!! :guts:

The Boss says "Welcome to our home".
He repeats again that Guts has only fought with the Sea God's beard so far.
Guts replies "Let's get into that big mouth".

In the lower left panel we can see someone (Guts?) saying "our target(?) is only that one (mouth)" and the boss says "Kill them, Geso!". You'll remember that "geso" is a specific word referring to the tentacles from the translation of episode 314.

WOW
Thanks Aaz!! Looks wonderful, i really like the panel that shows Guts talking to Shierke.
The sea god looks enormous, i bet Miura's going to show us a huge fight. Nice to see that the Pirate boss is back :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rus said:
The sea god looks enormous, i bet Miura's going to show us a huge fight.

Hell yeah, thing's really not fucking around. It's got teeth the size of hills. :ganishka:

Thanks a bunch Aaz! The sea god sure is huge, it reminds me of the Malboro monster from Final Fantasy, only much larger and far more deadly. :zodd:

Wow! That's my kind of sea god! :ubik:

Man, that statue of the god in the village was really accurate (toothy maw aside), eh?

So Guts' goal is to attack the god from the inside out? That's certainly a better idea than trying to attack it from the outside (y'know, monstrous tentacles attacking him and all that).

Also, it's interesting to see that the sea slugs are "healed" now, as far as I can tell. Granted, they might just be ones that Guts didn't fight on the surface of the island though. And is it just me or does the Captain look different now? It looks kind of like he's looking less and less like a transformed human and more and more like a vaguely human-shaped tentacle. But that probably is because he's kind of in the background/distance instead of being focused on.

Anyways, here's hoping we get to see the god in its entirety. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
El Gaucho Acuático said:
So Guts' goal is to attack the god from the inside out? That's certainly a better idea than trying to attack it from the outside (y'know, monstrous tentacles attacking him and all that).

Well given the size of the thing I'm not sure he even has a choice. We don't even know if it has eyes or an external weak point of some sort. Besides, it worked on the Makara so far. :carcus: Still, I wonder how they'll kill it (if they can truly kill it for good). Striking at the "brain" or heart if it has any, I guess. But with a creature like that, who knows what the best attack plan would be... Schierke's insight will come in handy for sure.

El Gaucho Acuático said:
Also, it's interesting to see that the sea slugs are "healed" now, as far as I can tell. Granted, they might just be ones that Guts didn't fight on the surface of the island though.

Yeah, I mean look at how many there seems to be... The Sea God's not kidding anymore. And definitely deserves its title.

El Gaucho Acuático said:
And is it just me or does the Captain look different now? It looks kind of like he's looking less and less like a transformed human and more and more like a vaguely human-shaped tentacle. But that probably is because he's kind of in the background/distance instead of being focused on.

Yeah, the perspective is key here, as well as the fact that they're in a comical situation and not really looking sinister.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
How in the fuck is Guts going to kill that?

Aazealh said:
and the boss says "Kill them, Geso!". You'll remember that "geso" is a specific word referring to the tentacles from the translation of episode 314.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BXTMEcCv4

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Whoa! That thing is bad ass. I applaud Guts' decision to attack it from the inside out. He wouldn't stand much of a chance fighting that thing on the outside, even with the Berserk's Armor. I wonder what it'll look like on the inside? I'm expecting something a little different than the internal structure of a normal animal. It is a god, afterall.

The color page looks awesome, too (what we can see of it, anyway). I'm so excited for Friday! :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah sure Guts, HOP ON IN!
teeth2.gif

Rhombaad said:
I wonder what it'll look like on the inside? I'm expecting something a little different than the internal structure of a normal animal. It is a god, afterall.

Maybe it'll look like this?

:schnoz:

Jokes aside, i don't even try to imagine the inside of this thing. The inside of an Apostle is (has been?) connected to the astral world, so what about the inside of an actual astral being? Let alone a god? There was nothing special about the ogres and trolls, but they don't really compare.

Holy shit ... *goosebumps*

About the size of the monsters teeth, in the lower panels it looks like they're prolly 20 feet tall/ high unless the monster is further off (from the monster ship) in those pictures and it just looks smaller because of the distance (maybe?).

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Thank you Aaz.
! Just another epic battle for Guts and company. When he does make it insde the sea god, if he was fighting the tentalces outside, can't imagine what can be inside.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gaahl said:
Jokes aside, i don't even try to imagine the inside of this thing. The inside of an Apostle is (has been?) connected to the astral world, so what about the inside of an actual astral being? Let alone a god? There was nothing special about the ogres and trolls, but they don't really compare.

Well it's all a matter of context really, I mean the Snake Baron's innards or even Rochine's didn't do anything special. It's the being itself that is connected on the astral level (and when the spirit departs, "normal" flesh is left behind). In that regard (but also due to sheer scale), despite the fact that the worlds have merged, the Sea God's entrails might hold very interesting things for us to see (like a scenery :magni:); both the medieval imagery of the "mouth of hell" and the biblical story of Jonah and the whale come to mind.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Well it's all a matter of context really, I mean the Snake Baron's innards or even Rochine's didn't do anything special. It's the being itself that is connected on the astral level (and when the spirit departs, "normal" flesh is left behind). In that regard (but also due to sheer scale), despite the fact that the worlds have merged, the Sea God's entrails might hold very interesting things for us to see (like a scenery :magni:); both the medieval imagery of the "mouth of hell" and the biblical story of Jonah and the whale come to mind.
Scenery like, say stuff from 1,000 years ago? How about 10,000 years? :isidro:

I don't think we can compare how apostles and astral beings like the Sea God work. An apostle is somewhat anomalous to the natural order, created with an evil ceremony. Whereas the sea god is an astral being invited into this world -- no tricks necessary.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Now this is fucking interesting. Ancient statues? Holy shit I need to know more! MORE! And inside its mouth... The astral world? Or is that just a graphic effect? Anyway, Guts compares the feeling of the cave to when he visited the Qliphoth!

Needless to say, the title is "Sea God (1)".

Miura's comment is of course about the recent catastrophes in Japan. A translation would be: "Apocalyptic events should only happen in stories".

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The freakin thing's bigger than the cave! :isidro: We're gonna need a bigger emoticon...
teeth2.gif

Also, that awesome statue... the former Sea God, dethroned and forgotten?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Also, that awesome statue... the former Sea God, dethroned and forgotten?

"Awesome" is the only word my mind is able to process right now. We'll have to get more lore on this. I won't tolerate it otherwise.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Now this is fucking interesting. Ancient statues? Holy shit I need to know more! MORE!
This. I cannot wait to find out what the hell happened with the statue or who it is of.

And inside its mouth... The astral world? Or is that just a graphic effect? Anyway, Guts compares the feeling of the cave to when he visited the Qliphoth!
My first thought was the astral world, but looking at it again, it looks like the roof of the Sea God's mouth.

Edit: I really don't know how I feel about the inside of the mouth. There is something Miura is trying to hide from us seeing, so it could be something amazing or some Astral world.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
:isidro: Those statues! I cannot wait to the rest of this episode, I wonder if Schierke will give any insight into what this ancient statue could be of. Perhaps it is related to Isma's people?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Even with the long-awaited appearance of the Sea God, it's that statue that has everyone's attention. Mine included. :ubik:

Dar Klink said:
:isidro: Those statues! I cannot wait to the rest of this episode, I wonder if Schierke will give any insight into what this ancient statue could be of. Perhaps it is related to Isma's people?
My first thought was the leader of the merrows, or maybe something that predated the Sea God we're seeing now. If that's the case, it falls in line with Isma's story about the struggle between these two creatures.

Another interesting thing, the path Guts is walking on, when he sees the statue looks man-made to me. It's curved and looks constructed. I wonder if that's all part of the statue as well.

Top Bottom