Episode 319

deamonsonfire

E2DaP Records
You guys are all so obviously wrong..

The sea god is actually an automation & conglamorite of all the god hands. Its kind of like voltron. When gatts goes inside hes going to find them all in the sea gods dome piece operating its limbs manually through soft tissue manipulation.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
deamonsonfire said:

The sea god is actually an automation & conglamorite of all the god hands. Its kind of like voltron. When Guts goes inside hes going to find them all in the sea gods dome piece operating its limbs manually through soft tissue manipulation.
I like the way you think.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
deamonsonfire said:

The sea god is actually an automation & conglamorite of all the god hands. Its kind of like voltron. When Guts goes inside hes going to find them all in the sea gods dome piece operating its limbs manually through soft tissue manipulation.

See, I imagined the God Hand furiously toiling away at an army of knobs, levers and pulleys.

There's one line I don't fully comprehend from Guts. "It's convenient to be able to see clearly in the dark." Is this an advantage of the armor, or because he is possessed by Schierke?

puella

Berserk forever
Aphasia said:
There's one line I don't fully comprehend from Guts. "It's convenient to be able to see clearly in the dark." Is this an advantage of the armor, or because he is possessed by Schierke?

Good question, I think it's thanks to the armor.

puella said:
Good question, I think it's thanks to the armor.

I've always thought so too. In addition to its already well known properties like utmost utilization of the entire reserves of physical and mental strength in the user's body, numbing of the pain and realigning the broken bones back into their place, I believe the Armor also heightens all of the five senses; the touching, smelling, hearing, eyesight and taste. I think that was mentioned in vol 26 or 27.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
I believe the Armor also heightens all of the five senses; the touching, smelling, hearing, eyesight and taste. I think that was mentioned in vol 26 or 27.
Really? I don't seem to remember that, and the burden of proof is on you to find that part in the manga. In Vol 26, Schierke says the armor pushes the human body beyond its limits, at the risk of its owner's life. But she's referring to how it puts pressure on muscle and bone to the point of abandon. SK mentions in vol 28 that with prolonged use, Guts will lose his senses of color, taste, etc. That's it.

As for Guts' enhanced vision he mentions, I think it's a combination of Schierke's enhancement, and possibly the unique vision Guts has when under the influence of the armor, as shown several times, particularly vols 28, 31 and 36. That being said, I do feel like I'm kind of missing something, because even that feels like guesswork.

Given SK's words of warning and the previous times we saw the world through the armors eyes, i think it's more thanks to Shierke that Guts can see well in the dark.
Admittedly, we never saw how Guts perceived his surroundings as a "sane berserker", but in every other shot, all he saw was teeth and blurred shapes. If anything, his vision was worse.

Shierke on the other hand is using her astral body to fuse with Guts. She was able to see deeper into the spiritual world before using it, so she might be less dependant on light in this scenario.

However, we never had any hint of a shared perception between Guts and Shierke, and they seem to be able to both focus on different things.

One more reason to look forward to more of their teamwork, I guess :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Gaahl said:
However, we never had any hint of a shared perception between Guts and Schierke, and they seem to be able to both focus on different things.

Actually, we did in Episode 270; Schierke sees what Guts sees as the berserk though she's still sane, and even has to squint to what Daiba truly looked like. I don't know exactly what that means to their current experience, but it definitely seems like a two-way street. Anyway, I assume she still sees what Guts' sees, and anything beyond that would take an extra effort on her part.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
BayJumper said:
I believe the Armor also heightens all of the five senses; the touching, smelling, hearing, eyesight and taste. I think that was mentioned in vol 26 or 27.
I believe maybe you misunderstood. The armor dulls the human senses after using it for a long time. It was revealed when Skully warned Guts in volume 28. We've seen his hands shaking, him looking at Serpico's stew strangely, his vision fading while looking at Casca on the boat... We haven't seen him smell or hear differently yet, but hey.

Aphasia

I agree with (most) of you. Judging from what we know about the armor dulling the senses, I would assume it has something to do with the connection Guts is sharing with Schierke. That was my initial response. Maybe we'll learn more about this newfound ability in upcoming episodes.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aphasia said:
Judging from what we know about the armor dulling the senses, I would assume it has something to do with the connection Guts is sharing with Schierke.

If I'm not wrong, I don't think Schierke has anything to do with Guts losing his senses but more the work of the armor. If you meant that in a way that Schierke is helping Guts seeing more clear while using the armor forgot what I just said above! :slan:

puella

Berserk forever
I think Miura would depict the scene differently if Guts' night vision was related to Schierke. It's true she's helping him stay in control of himself by clearing his vision of the armor's "fluid" right now, but it doesn't mean she's bestowing him some special power.

Aphasia

jackson_hurley said:
If I'm not wrong, I don't think Schierke has anything to do with Guts losing his senses but more the work of the armor. If you meant that in a way that Schierke is helping Guts seeing more clear while using the armor forgot what I just said above! :slan:

Whoops, yeah, I was referring to Schierke being the one helping Guts.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
puella said:
I think Miura would depict the scene differently if Guts' night vision was related to Schierke. It's true she's helping him stay in control of himself by clearing his vision of the armor's "fluid" right now, but it doesn't mean she's bestowing him some special power.

I agree. I think Guts could see perfectly fine in the dark whether Schierke was there or not, I just don't think he'd be as conscious of it if she were absent.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gaahl said:
Given SK's words of warning

Irrelevant.

Gaahl said:
the previous times we saw the world through the armors eyes

His perception of things was distorted, but he was always able to "see" his enemies, even in the dark.

Rhombaad said:
I agree. I think Guts could see perfectly fine in the dark whether Schierke was there or not, I just don't think he'd be as conscious of it if she were absent.

Yeah.

ZODDOII

BERSERK
It seems everyone think this big mouth is not simple. In his mouth like a space, This is why many people say god hand was hiding inside?

It is impossible and very absurd. I prefer to believe that big mouth is a distortion of space, May change something or someone.

Aphasia

ZODDOII said:
It seems everyone think this big mouth is not simple. In his mouth like a space, This is why many people say god hand was hiding inside?

It is impossible and very absurd. I prefer to believe that big mouth is a distortion of space, May change something or someone.

I agree, but I don't remember "many" people guessing there would be a God Hand inside the Sea God. I think a select few might have come to the conclusion because of the odd texture inside his mouth which resembles the astral realm, and also Guts mentioning how the area felt similar to Qliphoth, along with some other conclusions which didn't make much sense.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ZODDOII said:
Don't misconstrue things. A member of the God Hand appearing inside the Sea God was not the general consensus of the thread. One person wondered if that would happen, and one other guy convinced himself that it would happen, based on some shoddy reasoning. And no, not everyone thinks the mouth is more than it seems. I, for one, believe that inside will be the insides of the Sea God, not a portal to the astral world. Why? Because the astral world and physical worlds just merged...

Really though, it's fruitless to make blind guesses about things like this. The answer will present itself sometime this week, as the ep is due by Friday.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I, for one, believe that inside will be the insides of the Sea God, not a portal to the astral world.

But with the Sea God being a powerful astral creature, in a way, its gigantic insides could be considered a part of the astral world! :carcus:

Im sorry about the confusing concerning the God Hand speculation. It was complete and utter speculation and im not sure when it started being taken seriously. I threw it out there as a question orignally, and than I emphasized the "if a God Hand WAS to show up..." to further show it was just a shot in the dark. Sorry about that .....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
Im sorry about the confusing concerning the God Hand speculation. It was complete and utter speculation and im not sure when it started being taken seriously. I threw it out there as a question orignally, and than I emphasized the "if a God Hand WAS to show up..." to further show it was just a shot in the dark. Sorry about that .....
I understood your statement. It was ZODDOII that was confused about your meaning, apparently.

deamonsonfire

E2DaP Records
We won't see a member of the God Hand inside that thing's stomach...but perhaps after he defeats it, we may not be let down after all!

Guts has referenced the mouth of hell or the first level of hell, on more than one occasion. It makes sense that along with this Sea God is an entrance to the astral realm..or hell...kinda like the aforementioned Qliphoth was.

Aww hell yeah. Guts is gunna go super crazy berserk killing a God Hand or trying to, while doing irreparable damage to his own body in the process. He has to fail. It will be epic.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
deamonsonfire said:
Guts is gunna go super crazy berserk killing a God Hand or trying to, while doing irreparable damage to his own body in the process. He has to fail. It will be epic.
Aw don't be such a pessimist. :serpico:

ZODDOII

BERSERK
Aphasia said:
I agree, but I don't remember "many" people guessing there would be a God Hand inside the Sea God. I think a select few might have come to the conclusion because of the odd texture inside his mouth which resembles the astral realm, and also Guts mentioning how the area felt similar to Qliphoth, along with some other conclusions which didn't make much sense.

Sorry, I was wrong,Not many people, is part of people put forward.

Our point of view is similar, and (astral realm) I really like this word, If that is true,That must be very spectacular.

Walter said:
Don't misconstrue things. A member of the God Hand appearing inside the Sea God was not the general consensus of the thread. One person wondered if that would happen, and one other guy convinced himself that it would happen, based on some shoddy reasoning. And no, not everyone thinks the mouth is more than it seems. I, for one, believe that inside will be the insides of the Sea God, not a portal to the astral world. Why? Because the astral world and physical worlds just merged...

Really though, it's fruitless to make blind guesses about things like this. The answer will present itself sometime this week, as the ep is due by Friday.

Yes, now I see,thanks for your explanation.

I understand your meaning, two worlds close tow for one. Does not exist different space.

It's also reasonable

Aazealh said:
But with the Sea God being a powerful astral creature, in a way, its gigantic insides could be considered a part of the astral world! :carcus:

I like the way you think.This is what I want to say

Top Bottom