Episode 322

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I cannot believe this. Looks like The Sea God is emerging. What in the hell are those crazy fish monsters surrounding Guts?!

Also, what's that boy up to?

Cannot wait for this episode.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
I cannot believe this. Looks like The Sea God is emerging.

Hell yeah, finally a chance to get a good look at it. I wonder how big it really is... Also, notice that the tentacles are bright white in the panel. I really wonder what their luminescence is all about.

Gobolatula said:
What in the hell are those crazy fish monsters surrounding Guts?!

Looks like some kind of monstrous octopus inside of the Sea God! I'm guessing it's the heart of the creature; in the lower left panel we can see that Guts has reached it. Doesn't look like it's just more symbiotic parasites, though one tentacle's got a lamprey look to it and the others look like specific sea animals as well (some eels?).

Meanwhile, while Isidro's blowing up sea cucumbers, the boss manages to escape yet again...

Gobolatula said:
Also, what's that boy up to?

He and Isma are looking at something pretty intently, and it doesn't seem to bode well. Isma says she feels a "chilling" aura/atmosphere. Maybe just the Sea God's emergence? Or...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Issue #14 of YA, which will come out on July 8th, will feature a Berserk appendix ("Clear File") as well as information regarding the forthcoming movie.

Awesome ! So next issue we won't be getting an episode? But the movie news sounds interesting. Also a quick analysis on the heads in the last panel! The main one on the left resembles a Gulper Eel, the middle a Lamprey and the right an interesting sea creature , a Goblin Shark.

I would have attached pictures but im no good at these kind of things :(

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Thanks Aaz! Finally those rocks are being destroyed to show more of the Sea God, everyone seems to have their hands full fighting.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
everyone seems to have their hands full fighting.
No, by the end of the episode, the Sea Horse battle is already won.

The moonlight boy is pointing ... ominously. Reminded me of this scene in v21:

skpoint.jpg

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
It's really refreshing to see "normal Puck" in a few of those preview shots. Even though he's shown up in his "regular" form here and there, I feel we need more non-deformed cartoony Puck. I'd die for a big close-up of Puck with a huge look of shock on his face, feeling some weirdness about the Sea God.

EDIT: What the heck is Isma carrying?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
EDIT: What the heck is Isma carrying?

Pouches filled with gunpowder (hence why they caught on fire). As for the compass she threw at the boss, it seems to have saved Isidro from the crossbow bolt he was shooting from his crutch. The two make a good team. :slan:

I was hoping for a spectacular introduction of the Sea God and it looks like we got one. :void: Rip the island in half!

I wonder if it emerges to fight the Sea Horse, or if it's a reaction to the damage Guts is doing to its heart (or both).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Pouches filled with gunpowder (hence why they caught on fire). As for the compass she threw at the boss, it seems to have saved Isidro from the crossbow bolt he was shooting from his crutch. The two make a good team. :slan:
Yeah it was awesome to see her being so useful during the fight. She didn't cower in the face of danger in any sense.

D-Scape said:
I wonder if it emerges to fight the Sea Horse, or if it's a reaction to the damage Guts is doing to its heart (or both).
Since the Boss appears to be laughing as they retreat, I imagine that the sea god is emerging to finish the fight. If that's indeed the case, Guts' internal surgery needs to get wrapped up quickly. :magni:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Yeah it was awesome to see her being so useful during the fight. She didn't cower in the face of danger in any sense.

Indeed, she's a pretty bold girl in all respects.

D-Scape said:

At this point I think it's coming out to whoop the Sea Horse's ass (and also simply because it can come out and leave the prison it's been confined to for who knows how many centuries). I'm thinking that it could make Farnese waver (totally understandable) or overpower/circumvent the spell somehow, and the Moonlight Boy would intervene while Guts wraps up his cardiovascular procedure. :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Worth bearing notice that the thing Guts is approaching is almost definitely the heart. And ... it appears to have eyes, not dissimilar to the Idea of Evil :idea: . Just SAYIN, guys!

seagod-hearteyes1.jpg

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Walter said:
No, by the end of the episode, the Sea Horse battle is already won.

The moonlight boy is pointing ... ominously. Reminded me of this scene in v21:

skpoint.jpg
Like grandpa like grandson. Just kidding. Maybe.

Although this sea god is very acute to what Griffith had to go up against Ganishka, Griffith at least had suppost from his huge army to tame the battle. Guts is going against considerable odds, within the beast itself all alone.

Just off that top of my head, I kinda feel Guts can confidently battle a legion of apostles. Maybe thats a strech I don't know but possibly considering what he does with this forth coming battle, it may become very realistic that he can hack his way through Griffiths incredible army and actually make it to him in one piece (alone.) I might be giving him too much credit suggesting that. This next fight will help us get a good impression how Guts can fair against such odds through his trial and errors up this point with the Berserker Armor.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Also, notice that the tentacles are bright white in the panel. I really wonder what their luminescence is all about.
Aazealh said:
Looks like some kind of monstrous octopus inside of the Sea God! I'm guessing it's the heart of the creature; in the lower left panel we can see that Guts has reached it. Doesn't look like it's just more symbiotic parasites, though one tentacle's got a lamprey look to it and the others look like specific sea animals as well (some eels?).

I've found the link to both questions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EcCPP6oL1M

Draculoid said:
and the right an interesting sea creature , a Goblin Shark.

As a shark lover I was super excited when I saw the Goblin Shark head, and a cool reference as they're native to Japan if I remember correctly. By the way, everyone who always knew the Sea God was a sharktopus raise your hand. :daiba:

Death May Die said:
Although this sea god is very acute to what Griffith had to go up against Ganishka, Griffith at least had suppost from his huge army to tame the battle. Guts is going against considerable odds, within the beast itself all alone.

I still like his odds better than the Sea God's going forward. :guts: Also, I don't think it's at all "acute" to Griffith's situation.

Death May Die said:
Just off that top of my head, I kinda feel Guts can confidently battle a legion of apostles. Maybe thats a strech I don't know but possibly considering what he does with this forth coming battle, it may become very realistic that he can hack his way through Griffiths incredible army and actually make it to him in one piece (alone.) I might be giving him too much credit suggesting that. This next fight will help us get a good impression how Guts can fair against such odds through his trial and errors up this point with the Berserker Armor.

Well, as we already know the armor levels the playing field so with it Guts carves through average Apostles like he does average men, but it's a different mjatter when it comes to other elite powerhouses like Zodd, Grunbeld, etc.

Anyway, love the shot of the Sea God emerging, it's like in this episode all our dreams come true:

CallOfCthulhuPoster.jpg

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Super creepy stuff going on in there. Goblin shark made me happy. I hope the sea god breaks the whole side of the cliff apart so we can get a good glimpse of him. So far we've just seen his giant mouth, would be interesting to see his whole body.

I can't imagine everyones reaction back on the ship!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
I hope the sea god breaks the whole side of the cliff apart so we can get a good glimpse of him. So far we've just seen his giant mouth, would be interesting to see his whole body.
I think we can count on Miura to deliver the goods.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I've been waiting for a reason to post this. Everyone sing along

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2csnVNai-o

Top Bottom