Episode 327

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I wonder if they'll stop by Roderick's country after they leave Elfhelm. It'd be really neat to see where he comes from. Plus, he has to introduce his fiance to his family at some point, right?

RyoGTO said:
From this I still don't feel like the Child has anything to do with Griffith--at most maybe that he used it as a mechanism to rid himself of feelings for Guts and Casca, but there is no basis for that IMO.
Hmm, it made me think... If Griffith realised that "his" body's feelings are influencing him, could he somehow try to separate it from him? But I guess the answer is no... :troll:
Damn, who influences who?
The Child feels a bit like a secret agent for me now... :ganishka: His will is hiding inside Griffith and influences him? Or maybe it's the other way around, and Griffith sees everything about Guts through the Moonlight Boy's eyes (but he cannot control the boy, just watch)? And just how the hell did the Boy's physical body came to existense?... Damn, too much misteries :magni:

Aazealh said:
Femto was incarnated into the child's body. Then we saw that Griffith was influenced rather dramatically by the kid's feelings. So I don't see how anyone could say that the Moonlight Boy isn't related to Griffith and/or that he's "what's left" of their son. Putting A + B together makes it clear the two are related, and this episode strongly reinforced it with the similarity in their astral selves.

Well, it's just my impressions of the story, but for one neither the Moonlight Child nor Griffith look like the demon baby, so to assume that either one is fully the demon baby cannot be taken as certainty, and with that I feel that there was some split between Griffith and the Moonlight child--further, I feel that they are two distinct entities born of the same situation.

I also don't recall Griffith being influenced by the kid's feelings. When did it occur? I think I missed it.

Either way you may be right, but I just don't see it yet. I really think that the hair in the astral form could be purely coincidental, since the boy has long hair at this point--and is obviously a powerful being of light considering he can easily get through to Guts even when Schierke cannot--which is what I believe is the reason for his extreme luminous glow (not that he is supposed to resemble Griffith)

*Also I remember Griffith saying at the Hill of Swords, that he had come to see if he had any feelings left for Guts that might hinder him in accomplishing his goal, at which point he confirmed aloud that he did not.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RyoGTO said:
neither the Moonlight Child nor Griffith look like the demon baby, so to assume that either one is fully the demon baby cannot be taken as certainty

When Femto was incarnated, we saw shots of the child transforming into a new Griffith. That was shown in the manga. Then in volume 22, when Griffith was watching Guts fight Zodd and when Casca was endangered by falling rocks, Griffith felt the child inside of him and reflected upon his influence, his feelings and what he'd made him do. Again, this is all explicitly shown in the manga. I don't know how could one miss it. As for the Moonlight Boy, his appearance as well as his behavior around Guts & Casca (and Casca's behavior towards him) are pretty obviously clues that he is in fact their son. Not to mention his astral self which is clearly reminiscent of Griffith's (strongly luminous and seemingly very powerful) and very recently happened to show his characteristic hair-style (which I need not remind you doesn't correspond to the boy's actual hair).

RyoGTO said:
and with that I feel that there was some split between Griffith and the Moonlight child--further, I feel that they are two distinct entities born of the same situation.

Well if there was a split, we haven't seen it. And at this point they share too many similarities for me to believe that they're completely distinct beings. It's possible, but not the likeliest hypothesis.

RyoGTO said:
I also don't recall Griffith being influenced by the kid's feelings. When did it occur? I think I missed it.

Volume 22 (episodes 180, 181, 182).

RyoGTO said:
I really think that the hair in the astral form could be purely coincidental, since the boy has long hair at this point

His hair is straight (like both of his parents' hair), not curly.

RyoGTO said:
is obviously a powerful being of light considering he can easily get through to Guts even when Schierke cannot--which is what I believe is the reason for his extreme luminous glow (not that he is supposed to resemble Griffith)

Both the light and the power are similarities to Griffith.

RyoGTO said:
Also I remember Griffith saying at the Hill of Swords, that he had come to see if he had any feelings left for Guts that might hinder him in accomplishing his goal, at which point he confirmed aloud that he did not.

Just re-read that part carefully, it'll save us some time.

Aazealh said:
Then in volume 22, when Griffith was watching Guts fight Zodd and when Casca was endangered by falling rocks, Griffith felt the child inside of him and reflected upon its influence, its feelings and what he'd made him do.

Ah yes, I do remember that now--Thanks for the reminder. I guess I'll just have to wait and see where this goes. I really like how the Child is getting more involved in these recent episodes. Although I think the connection to Griffith (if any) is loose, at least the Griffith in his new form, you do raise some good points that now have me a bit more ambivalent on the issue.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
It would be very interesting if the story switches back to Griffith's side next episode. Especially if we see Griffith right away. What's noteworthy is that we're sure that the boy is still with Casca at the very end of the arc and he hasn't left yet. I have a feeling this time around we'll get more concrete information about the boy before he disappears again.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
It would be very interesting if the story switches back to Griffith's side next episode. Especially if we see Griffith right away. What's noteworthy is that we're sure that the boy is still with Casca at the very end of the arc and he hasn't left yet. I have a feeling this time around we'll get more concrete information about the boy before he disappears again.
Yeah, that would be neat. But I think there will be at least one more episode if they're going to switch perspectives. But I could be wrong. I have a feeling that how the boy returns this time will be interesting. Wonder if we'll see Zodd again, or if the transportation will even be revealed.

Walter said:
Yeah, that would be neat. But I think there will be at least one more episode if they're going to switch perspectives. But I could be wrong. I have a feeling that how the boy returns this time will be interesting. Wonder if we'll see Zodd again, or if the transportation will even be revealed.

I've been thinking that would be an interesting event to occur in addition to wrapping things up before switching perspectives. It would be interesting to see if the boy simply "disappears" when dawn breaks (in similar fashion to the demon child), or if indeed Zodd comes to pick him up. Any other ideas on how he might leave, if he does?

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Chaos said:
I've been thinking that would be an interesting event to occur in addition to wrapping things up before switching perspectives. It would be interesting to see if the boy simply "disappears" when dawn breaks (in similar fashion to the demon child), or if indeed Zodd comes to pick him up. Any other ideas on how he might leave, if he does?
At the end of the episode you can see sunlight on the horizon. I think that we will definitely see at least 1 more episode of Guts a Co. before a perspective change. We might still see Isma say goodbye to everyone and also maybe see Guts' actual condition. (I would hope). I really doubt that we will see Zodd near by to pick up the child. I think that merging of worlds will somehow allow the child to stay separated from Griffith. I would really enjoy seeing the merrows give directions to Elfhelm before they leave off into the ocean. I would also really enjoy them giving a bit more back story on the Sea God and maybe also see the sea monsters start to nibble away at it.

I'm really looking forward to a new episode! I thought this would have been one of Miura's "brief" breaks. I really hope he isn't holding out on us until the 2nd movie is released. :sad:

Joe Chip said:
I don't think that this is really possible.

For now, we have no way to know if it is possible or not (I think? :schnoz:), but I would really like it if the child could stay with the group longer than a full moon night.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Staralfur said:
For now, we have no way to know if it is possible or not (I think? :schnoz:),
There's more circumstantial evidence for the two being the same being than otherwise.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Good news, everyone! Berserk will resume publication in the June 8 edition of Young Animal. It will reportedly be a three-part "never seen before story" about Guts' youth. There will also be a color page. And... that's really all I know at this point.

ep328.jpg

So it's time to get excited about Berserk again! :ubik:

PS: Thanks to Olivier Hague for letting me know about this. I haven't been monitoring Japanese sites in a while.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting (and quite unexpected) development. Can't help but wonder what it'll be about and what form it'll take.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, that's awesome! Definitely not the sort of episode I was expecting to see. It'll be great to see more of young Guts drawn in Miura's current style. :ubik:

H

hellrasinbrasin

So we have a flashback story in June centered around a young Guts. And then at some point after that Miura
will begin the ground work for that God Hand story arc
he mentioned a while back during an interview for the 1st film.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
hellrasinbrasin said:
So we have a flashback story in June centered around a young Guts. And then at some point after that Miura will begin the ground work for that God Hand story arc he mentioned a while back during an interview for the 1st film.
Why is that spoiler tagged? Anyway, that's not exactly what he said as it turns out. He just said something to the effect of: "Well, you'll soon hear about them."

You should listen to our podcast. We talked all about that.

H

hellrasinbrasin

I spoiler tagged that txt line as I would rather be safer about tagging something that might be a spoiler to someone else that wasn't privy to the original announcement in the film discussion or in the podcast that you mentioned Walter where it was discussed. In any event I like to cover my bases as much
as possible in case a slip up happens.

A part about Gut's past ? Wow that's not what i was expecting to read when i first clicked on this thread. Thanks for the news Walter.
I'm wondering what the new episode will show. When do you guys think that it will take place ?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Joe Chip said:
I'm wondering what the new episode will show. When do you guys think that it will take place ?

During the part of Guts' adolescence that we never saw, i.e. the four years between the time he escaped from his former comrades after Gambino's death and when we saw him go against Bazûso.

I'm very interested on the purpose of this flashback... Maybe something that needs more explanations? Or Miura felt the need of a specific background so he could develop an idea in the future? Any ideas?

Bad english, sorry

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Giovanna said:
I'm very interested on the purpose of this flashback... Maybe something that needs more explanations? Or Miura felt the need of a specific background so he could develop an idea in the future? Any ideas?

Could be to shine some light on a part of Guts we weren't exposed to (or at least not very much) in the past. Possibly him reminiscing about it while unconscious during the last part of the trip to Elfhelm.

Top Bottom