Episode 335

Mammon

Mangoku army
I think it's also fitting because of Rakshas's presence in Falconia, a former member of said Bakiraka and one of Femto's top henchman.
I know he is mysterious and all, but you would think that he wouldn't have much trouble finding them if they were hiding in Falconia...

Actually I don't have any ground for this presumption... if I'm going to make wild predictions, maybe he will have an encounter with Daiba (they must have some sort of history together) and we will finally learn more about him and his story? :rakshas:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mammon said:
if I'm going to make wild predictions, maybe he will have an encounter with Daiba (they must have some sort of history together)

I wouldn't be so sure about Rakshas and Daiba having a history together. The Bakiraka clan was exiled long before Ganishka rose to power, and we haven't had any hint that Daiba was ever connected to them.

Mammon

Mangoku army
My bad, I'm in New-Caledonia (been 3 years now) and I didn't bring my manga collections... so for some volumes, I haven't read them in years.
Thanks for clarifying anyway!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
No problem. And that doesn't preclude the possibility that Daiba and Rakshas might meet at some point.

Interesting turn of events, although I find the direction of the story a little peculiar. The god hand seemed to have strongly emphasized the coming of a dark age after Femto was born, but since Griffith showed up again he's done nothing but good for humanity, or so it would appear on the surface. Falconia is heaven on earth. It is a little too early to tell, but could this be a facade for something more sinister the reader is not aware of, or did Griffith/Femto have a change of heart?

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
CrimsonBehelit216 said:
Interesting turn of events, although I find the direction of the story a little peculiar. The god hand seemed to have strongly emphasized the coming of a dark age after Femto was born, but since Griffith showed up again he's done nothing but good for humanity, or so it would appear on the surface. Falconia is heaven on earth. It is a little too early to tell, but could this be a facade for something more sinister the reader is not aware of, or did Griffith/Femto have a change of heart?

There's most certainly something sinister underneath all the white and wings of Falconia. Griffith is merely selling the lie. We just don't know how much further Griffith's ambition will take him. Up until now his dream has been to rule, and now he has what he's always wanted. At the heart of things he's still Femto, not Griffith (or at least not the Griffith during the Golden Age arc), and he's very much evil.

Look at the things the God Hand talks about in Volume 3 and Volume 13. They mention evil (though the Japanese word also has another meaning, "magic". From what I understand, the God Hand and Apostles are enhanced by evil power, hence their monstrous appearances, and we can see from episode 303 that Femto is very much still around, parading in front of the masses as Griffith.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CrimsonBehelit216 said:

First off, keep in mind that the world at large is now incredibly inhospitable to humans. Falconia may be a safe haven, but it's the one and only place for these people, and that means they don't have much of a choice regarding their way of life. Second, I think if you've read all of the story so far, it's quite obvious that Griffith's nice guy act is indeed a facade for something more sinister. There really isn't any doubt in that regard and it's just a matter of time until it's made more apparent.

CrimsonBehelit216 said:

Has Griffith "done nothing but good for humanity?" Like Aaz already intimated, he's basically enslaved mankind as a species because their only salvation from the horror of the outside world is to enter Falconia, but in true dystopian style it's pointing towards some dark truth beneath the facade. And consider that Falconia, for all its scale and grandeur, still only houses a minority of humanfolk. Think of all the unlucky bystanders that have already fallen victim to the fantasy creatures invading the world, and will continue to do so. We have Griffith to thank for all of this. :griffnotevil:

Thank you for clearing all that up for me, you've made my appreciation for berserk even greater. Kentaro Miura is a genius, his berserk is becoming my favorite manga series. Cheers!

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
Absolutely love that Miura is giving us so much eye candy in 334 - 335 !

Im pumped to see how Rickert will interact with "God" Griffith , it´s been a while for the two of them eh?
thing is im not sure where Griffith´s conquest goes from here? I mean he now has his Kingdom , is he just going to chill a bit now?^^

I bet we see some Elfhelm soon ! 336 will be Rickert talking to Griffith and last page will be some tease ? ...I just wanna see Guts get some rest , like when he was back at Floras crib.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CheAkiwara said:
Im pumped to see how Rickert will interact with "God" Griffith , it´s been a while for the two of them eh?

Only a little less than a year since the Hill of Swords, I'd wager.

thing is im not sure where Griffith´s conquest goes from here? I mean he now has his Kingdom , is he just going to chill a bit now?^^

The arrival of Falconia likely isn't the end of the God Hand's plans.

I bet we see some Elfhelm soon !

The current chapter is Elf Island, so that's pretty much a given.

So now what if guts are about to show up in front of griffith's face and try to kill the king of last humanity's save spot? Will falconia shatter into ashes upon griffith's death and human will extinct after the refugee camp vanished? guts are very likely in a dead corner now. :sad: :griffnotevil:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
andrewdsz said:
So now what if guts are about to show up in front of griffith's face and try to kill the king of last humanity's save spot? Will falconia shatter into ashes upon griffith's death and human will extinct after the refugee camp vanished? guts are very likely in a dead corner now. :sad: :griffnotevil:

There is probably a middle ground. Surviving in the new world not by slaughtering all magical creatures, but by allying with them, working with them for mutual survival. It's something we could see a lot more of in Elfhelm.

Do you guys think that Guts and Casca will get the brand removed in some way later in the story? The elf king would be a good start, but we don't really know what all his powers are at the moment, or if he can do that sort of thing. I'm wondering if the series can still end on a positive note but with both of them still having that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
andrewdsz said:
So now what if guts are about to show up in front of griffith's face and try to kill the king of last humanity's save spot? Will falconia shatter into ashes upon griffith's death and human will extinct after the refugee camp vanished? guts are very likely in a dead corner now.

I'm pretty sure that whatever the God Hand has in mind for humanity is a lot worse than having to fend off trolls and goblins. Like Walter said, humans could always learn to live in that new world, rediscovering the old ways (including magic) and allying with benevolent astral creatures to protect themselves from the dangerous ones.

Tama said:
Do you guys think that Guts and Casca will get the brand removed in some way later in the story?

Maybe at the very end. The King of the Flower Storm might provide some information on what that would entail, but I don't think he'll be able to just lift it at this point in the story.

I don't think the Elf King's power will be able to remove the Brands. After all, he is just an elemental, a powerful elemental. He is a force of nature, while the power of the Brand (and the God Hand) comes from another source, much more dark and deep. But, since we are talking about astral affairs, everything is plausible.

Speaking of that, I am beginning to be interested in the opinion of such an elder creature about the current status of Berserk's world. What does he think about the growing role of humanity within the natural order?

Aazealh said:
I'm pretty sure that whatever the God Hand has in mind for humanity is a lot worse than having to fend off trolls and goblins. Like Walter said, humans could always learn to live in that new world, rediscovering the old ways (including magic) and allying with benevolent astral creatures to protect themselves from the dangerous ones.

How convenient for Griffith that his band just eliminated the oldest individual who could have taught humans how to get along in this changed world without relying on Falconia. I wonder how Enoch village is getting along?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Red Dingo said:
How convenient for Griffith that his band just eliminated the oldest individual who could have taught humans how to get along in this changed world without relying on Falconia.

Being a known associate of the Skull Knight certainly didn't work in her favor.

Red Dingo said:
I wonder how Enoch village is getting along?

So do I. They were already used to being assaulted by astral pests before the advent of Fantasia, and thanks to Schierke they somewhat renewed their ties with the Lady of the Depths. I have a feeling they weren't the worst off when the world was changed.

Aazealh said:
Being a known associate of the Skull Knight certainly didn't work in her favor.

No but then again, the God Hand really seems to range from apathetic to mildly amused when it comes to the Skull Knight and Guts' resistance. I think Flora would have done far more damage to their plans by teaching other humans about the old ways. Hopefully, Schierke and Farnese can take up that role. It certainly would be deliciously ironic to see Farnese go from a faux lady of war inquisitor to a peaceful witch who promotes a new movement of magic users.

So do I. They were already used to being assaulted by astral pests before the advent of Fantasia, and thanks to Schierke they somewhat renewed their ties with the Lady of the Depths. I have a feeling they weren't the worst off when the world was changed.

Yeah...until Griffith has them slaughtered by Apostles so they don't spread the word about how to get along with Fantasia with other humans. You know, wiping out any competition Falconia might have on monopolizing human lives?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Red Dingo said:
No but then again, the God Hand really seems to range from apathetic to mildly amused when it comes to the Skull Knight and Guts' resistance. I think Flora would have done far more damage to their plans by teaching other humans about the old ways. Hopefully, Schierke and Farnese can take up that role. It certainly would be deliciously ironic to see Farnese go from a faux lady of war inquisitor to a peaceful witch who promotes a new movement of magic users.

Well you have to keep in mind that Flora was really just about to die anyway, so that sending apostles after her wasn't actually necessary at all. Besides, it seems most people had stopped caring about what she had to say a long time ago. But yeah, spreading that kind of knowledge could definitely be a threat to the Falconian way of life.

Red Dingo said:
Yeah...until Griffith has them slaughtered by Apostles so they don't spread the word about how to get along with Fantasia with other humans. You know, wiping out any competition Falconia might have on monopolizing human lives?

Maybe? Who knows. I'm not sure that's significant enough to register on his radar, if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom