Episode 336

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
As far as I can tell it's the gate to the building itself, of which the arena is merely a part. You'll notice that the outside door is quite large, dwarfing Rickert and Locus, while the door by which they enter the arena is human-sized. Futhermore, they enter the arena from the top of the spectator area, and we can see that there is also an entrance down below for the contestants themselves. That implies that they traveled a while inside the structure before reaching the arena, a moment conveniently left out of the reader's sight while we were with Erica and the others.

Totally makes sense. I did not think about it that way. I really like the texture of those doors and I kinda hope that you're right cause that would give this dome some fucked up walls to look at. Either way it's very cool for the eyes.

Fantastic episode! I love the architecture of this part of Falconia especially the design of that main door. To parrot Griffith a bit, the episode definitely has a strong horror look. If there's a throne for Femto somewhere in there I can't wait to see it.

I don't know if we'll ever find out, but I'd like to see whoever goes out and cages these creatures and how they do it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skeleton said:
I don't know if we'll ever find out, but I'd like to see whoever goes out and cages these creatures and how they do it.

They probably don't need a cage. Chains might work. And the giant apostles (led by Grunberd) likely wouldn't have many issues wrangling an ogre.

Deci

Loved it! I definitely felt a strange subtle anxiety as Rickert and Locus walked down the huge walkway. Add Locus speech about the old Hawks and the "black sun" and it felt very impending doom to me. I'm right there with Rickert..

So excited about next episode!

Walter said:
They probably don't need a cage. Chains might work. And the giant apostles (led by Grunberd) likely wouldn't have many issues wrangling an ogre.

That's true. And I agree that's the most likely case. It just intrigues me enough that I'd like to see an ogre or something getting captured.

As long as I'm focusing on minute details story-wise, maybe one day we'll get a "A Day in the Life of Falconians" book that shows people and apostles doing their mundane jobs. They could sandwich the ogre-catching apostle between the guy harvesting the grain around the wingstones and the man selling squash in the marketplace. :ganishka:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Very interesting take Locus has on all the apostle's doing and "goals" for Falconia. Even with Rickert's horrified look on this episode, I think he will end up staying to protect Erika. Also, Griffith/Femto charisma might entice him to also do some of his inventions for the people and soldiers. Whatever happens, I know Berserk doesn't dissapoint me once I get to read the latest episode. Thank you Miura.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just a reminder that the digital issue of Young Animal with Ep 336 is now available for $3: http://www.hakusensha-e.net/vtop?id=3225

Here's Aazealh's guide on how to navigate the site and buy it: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14329

Walter said:
Just a reminder that the digital issue of Young Animal with Ep 336 is now available for $3: http://www.hakusensha-e.net/vtop?id=3225

Here's Aazealh's guide on how to navigate the site and buy it: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14329

Nice! Thanks Walter.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Something strange happens in this episode, and I don't quite know what to make of it yet...

Normally when unlikely bouts of chance occur, we attribute them to causality. But seeing Erica, Daiba and Luca drawn together like this -- three people linked by Guts, could this also be causality at work? And if so, to what end?

Walter said:
Something strange happens in this episode, and I don't quite know what to make of it yet...

Normally when unlikely bouts of chance occur, we attribute them to causality. But seeing Erica, Daiba and Luca drawn together like this -- three people linked by Guts, could this also be causality at work? And if so, to what end?

The flow of causality has typically been in favor of Griffith's ambitions, so perhaps causality is slightly out of whack at the moment. Seeing characters who will probably have a good relationship with Guts forming in Falconia may be the start to some type of resistance against Griffith.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vaati said:
Seeing characters who will probably have a good relationship with Guts forming in Falconia may be the start to some type of resistance against Griffith.

I definitely think that's the case, though we're still far away from that truly taking shape. The question is whether this is merely a bizarre coincidence or was designed to occur this way. And like you said, if that's the case, I can't imagine it's in favor of the God Hand's ambitions.

I suppose a good counterpoint here is that Guts has touched the lives of several people, and it makes sense that some of them would come into contact with each other here in humanity's last refuge, and share their experiences. But we're dealing with a series where things are rarely _just_ coincidence.

jackson_hurley

Not just that. The fact they met Guts at some point showed them before the shit it the fan. They were either already aware of the world or learned it like how Guts found it. Imo it's a plus vs regular folks that comes to Falconia. So I think it will have some important significance when it'll come near the end. Realizing that Guts is on the "good" side and helping maybe open other peoples eyes about Griffith...

So who are your bets on for the interloper in Falconia?

I'm guessing it'll be something anticlimactic like Rakshas causing mischief rather than an actual enemy of Griffith.

jackson_hurley

Humm good question. I'd say either the Bakiraka like Aaz mentioned, oooor a new character maybe? Someone that we are not aware of yet? (I doubt it but who knows)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:

I'm guessing it'll be something anticlimactic like Rakshas causing mischief rather than an actual enemy of Griffith.

I don't see what reason Rakshas could possibly have to attack two guards in the castle. I guess we could imagine it as a ploy to get Owen away, a favor to Locus so that he could give Rickert his little tour and speech. But that's a stretch, since Locus could have probably done it anyway.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
It could be bandits too, I'm expecting those got in Falconia as well. I would think of Silat sneaking in at the arena or something in that regard.

Mammon

Mangoku army
Doc said:

Ha, I was thinking of some "mischief" too.
I have no ground for this assumption of course, I also thought "Yeah, Bakiraka!" at first, and then...

I thought of Daiba's pterodactyl pet ^^' Poor beast has been locked up/hidden in the barn for a long time, and since they talk about it again in this episode (it's referenced in every episode since we discovered Falconia IIRC), maybe it escaped and roughed up the guards who spotted it...
then Daiba turned it into a horse temporary to make sure nobody finds out (that one horse who goes "Mmmmhh? and turns around at the same time as Daiba and Luca when they remember Guts).
Yeah I'm joking around about the horse part :daiba:
Actually the whole idea is silly of course, but I'll laugh it Daiba's pet was indeed involved. :troll:

Great episode as always!

For one, I don't think the Bakiraka would be reckless enough to invade Griffith's headquarters. Seems too suicidal for them, when Silat usually cautions against that kind of behaviour. And secondly, we're told that the guards were "unconscious", not slain. Doesn't necessarily mean that the intruder isn't serious, I know, but there's no reason for them not to be killed if this is indeed a real threat and leads me to believe it's Rakshas up to something. As for what that something IS, I haven't a clue. He's a mystery to us all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Bakiraka or Tapasa are still the most likely candidates to pull off an infiltration to the palace. As for it being "reckless," Im sure they planned out the attack (or a reconnaissance mission...). And it's not as if a few guards are a challenge for the Tapasa.

If it's not them, then it could be something unknown. But Rakshas makes almost zero sense to me... Why would he even need to infiltrate anything at all...?

But I'm speechless over this Garuda speculation. He has been locked in the barn the past two episodes. When did he have the opportunity to escape and rough up guards before being transformed into a horse by Daiba?

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
SUPRISE the infiltration was pulled of by Guts with Elf King Powers and cured Caska ! :guts:
Today I read 333-336 , and it made me realize that we actually got a lot of Info about Falconia already , and Im really happy that we atleast got a date for the next episode this time. :)

I hope we get some new characters (people who kind of think/know that there are dark powers at hand), who would be responsible for the infiltration , because the Bakiraka would have no reason to attack Griffith at the moment and neither does Rakshas.

I was so happy that we even got a glimpse of Guts this episode , even though it was just a flashback. :ganishka: Feels like a lot of time has passed since we last saw him.

Well this is a bit off-topic but ; I always hear about people talking about "God Hands Plans" , is this a real thing? I dont think that the God Hand are always chilling together thinking of evil things to enslave mankind or get "more power". Well... now that I think about it I guess they would like a little anarchy.

Mammon

Mangoku army
Walter said:
But I'm speechless over this Garuda speculation. He has been locked in the barn the past two episodes. When did he have the opportunity to escape and rough up guards before being transformed into a horse by Daiba?
My bad, I thought it was clear enough that I wasn't serious, I even mentioned that it was a silly idea/joke myself :farnese:
(English is my 3rd language and all, and my humor is pretty lame to start with).

I think the horse that looks at Luca and Daiba when they realize they are thinking about the same person was funny though.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
I don't see what reason Rakshas could possibly have to attack two guards in the castle. I guess we could imagine it as a ploy to get Owen away, a favor to Locus so that he could give Rickert his little tour and speech. But that's a stretch, since Locus could have probably done it anyway.

Reading it, part of me liked to think it's just a bullshit diversion cooked up to ditch Owen so Locus could speak freely and put the moves on Rickert. But yeah, "Fuck off" would have probably sufficed. :ganishka:

Anyway, it can't be Rakshas up to mischief in Falconia because he's already up to it in Elfhelm by now! :puck::rakshas: :badbone: <("FREEZE, PUNK.")

CheAkiwara said:
Well this is a bit off-topic but ; I always hear about people talking about "God Hands Plans" , is this a real thing? I dont think that the God Hand are always chilling together thinking of evil things to enslave mankind or get "more power". Well... now that I think about it I guess they would like a little anarchy.

Yes, it is a real thing addressed directly or indirectly... well, previously at certain important junctures but arguably all of the time now. Anyway, whatever the plan is it has clearly been long set, and what anarchy they sow seems to be a means, not the end.

Hey, Walter.

Walter said:
Bakiraka or Tapasa are still the most likely candidates to pull off an infiltration to the palace. As for it being "reckless," Im sure they planned out the attack. And it's not as if a few guards are a challenge for the Tapasa.

The guards aren't a match for them, no, but the Apostles on the other hand? I get the impression that Silat & co. would be more likely to lay low for awhile and watch how things unfold before making any sudden moves. Locus didn't seem at all fazed by the prospect of there being an intruder in their midst, either. Does he know or sense who it is?

Walter said:
If it's not them, then it could be something unknown. But Rakshas makes almost zero sense to me... Why would he even need to infiltrate anything at all...?

When we don't know Rakshas's true motive, or the complete limits of Falconia, there's only guesswork as to what he's up to. You could well be right and it'll turn out to be the Bakiraka, it's perfectly deductive, it just seemed a little too predictable at this stage.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:
The guards aren't a match for them, no, but the Apostles on the other hand? I get the impression that Silat & co. would be more likely to lay low for awhile and watch how things unfold before making any sudden moves.

Just because we got a mention of an infiltration (that resulted in two unconscious guards...) doesn't mean this was a full-blown invasion or an assassination attempt. If this was merely them putting out feelers, they wouldn't necessarily have to go toe to toe against apostles. Even in that instance, pretty sure the Tapasa could escape if they had to.

When we don't know Rakshas's true motive, or the complete limits of Falconia, there's only guesswork as to what he's up to. You could well be right and it'll turn out to be the Bakiraka, it's perfectly deductive, it just seemed a little too predictable at this stage.

It's becoming predictable to me when people point at Rakshas whenever absolutely anything mysterious happens. :schierke:

jackson_hurley

Walter said:
It's becoming predictable to me when people point at Rakshas whenever absolutely anything mysterious happens. :schierke:

Well one day they might be right! If they keep betting on him everytime surely something will come out of it once. :carcus:

Top Bottom