Episode 337

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Episode title is "The Bridge of Separation".

Walter said:
Looks like Sonia is criticizing Charlotte's cooking (or tea?) again, much to the chagrin of Mule.

Yep, she's picking on everything.

Walter said:
My unauthoritative take on what Rickert says to him: You're the leader of the Falcons, not the Falcon of Light.

He tells him that the leader (of the Band of the Falcon) isn't the Falcon of Light. Depending on the other panels, "leader" could be meant in that sentence as a replacement for "you", as in "you aren't the Falcon of Light".

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Holy crap! (See what I did there?) I was expecting harsh words from Rickert, but I never expected him to slap Femto. I wouldn't be surprised if the panels after the slap in the preview don't take place beforehand. What could a slap possibly do to a member of the God Hand? I can't imagine Femto giving two shits about it, so his neutral expression makes sense.

"The leader of the Band (of the Falcon) isn't the Falcon of Light." Wow. The pain in Rickert's face is heartbreaking. I can't wait to see the rest of the episode.

OMG, just imagine if Femto gave Rickert a throwback to that same bloody lipped, sociopathic grin, that Griffith gave count Julius after his smack to the face in the beginning of volume 6.

KSTRave

Just call me Eri...
I haven't read Ep. 336 yet, but Rickert...your ARE the man. And I'll also pitch in my dose of "Holy shit!!" but best news I've heard all day. Though, I am curious for Erica at that point and what will happen next? :???:

I also thought of this when I saw Rickert giving Griffith the Divine Bitchslap. Couldn't resist! XD
bitch-slap_fb_1297269.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
jackson_hurley said:
Now will the slap come first in the conversation and then some explaining? Or explanations followed by and uncontrollable slap?! This is exciting!

I'm guessing Rickert is going to try to appeal to Griffith's humanity and it's going to be more of Griff's cold tone deaf bullshit about their dream and being the falcon blah blah blah that brings on the slap. Think back to when he told Guts that standing on what amounted to the Falcons' graves was an appropriate reunion. This could be Rickert's, "Never say that name again!" moment.

Jaze1618 said:
But.. but.. but.. he's less a man and more a magnificient painting, never to be touched. :femto:

Yeah, that's kind of interesting, actually. You'd think that despite the proximity Rickert would pull a Revenge of the Nerds style high five miss and spin around onto his ass. Maybe that's not an impact but a tiny air explosion off Griffith's cheek ever so slightly deflecting the would-be blow. Nah. =)

Aazealh said:
I hope poor Ganishka could see it from wherever he is now.

If only :guts: could see it (<-- pretty sure he'd look like that =).

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Griffith said:
I'm guessing Rickert is going to try to appeal to Griffith's humanity and it's going to be more of Griff's cold tone deaf bullshit about their dream and being the falcon blah blah blah that brings on the slap. Think back to when he told Guts that standing on what amounted to the Falcons' graves was an appropriate reunion. This could be Rickert's, "Never say that name again!" moment.

Yes I'm quite sure he's gonna use a speech of that kind. "like I told you on the hill of swords, I'm just chasing the dream. bla bla bla."

We'll see soon enough how it turns out.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Episode title is "The Bridge of Separation."

Ominous. Could be that the major action happens on the bridge, or maybe it's allegorical?

He tells him that the leader (of the Band of the Falcon) isn't the Falcon of Light. Depending on the other panels, "leader" could be meant in that sentence as a replacement for "you", as in "you aren't the Falcon of Light".

While we don't have the full context yet, this is one of the more heartbreaking moments in recent memory for me, when you consider the meaning behind these words. He's lamenting the loss of his old leader, who got caught up in something bigger than humans. The old Griffith is truly gone.

Quote from: Mangetsu on Today at 05:56:34 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Quote from: Rupert Sinclair on Today at 06:02:26 PM

Holy shit.

Quote from: m on Today at 06:10:44 PM

There really is no other way of putting it: Holy Shit! :isidro:

Quote from: Walter on Today at 06:43:52 PM

My reaction: HOLY SHIT! :isidro:

Quote from: Griffith on Today at 07:02:05 PM

Just to add to the consensus I literally involuntarily exclaimed, "Holy shit!" when I saw that, and I'm at work. Go Rickert!

Divine fornicating excrement!

Oburi

All praise Grail
This is the first time we've seen Griffith incarnate allow a blow against himself. That slap (for what its worth) is more than Guts or anybody has been able to get.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
This is the first time we've seen Griffith incarnate allow a blow against himself. That slap (for what its worth) is more than Guts or anybody has been able to get.

Of course that's true, but this is hardly a combat scenario.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Of course that's true, but this is hardly a combat scenario.

That would have indeed been strange if Rickert's slap had miss due to Griffith's power as with the arrows in vol. 22

ps: I also think Griffith is allowing Rickert that slap in some way. As in a fake "I deserved it but I still don't care..." might be wrong on that assumption though.

Rickert's eyes are so full of emotion in that close-up shot. Miura truly is a master of his craft.

I can't remember the last time I wanted something as badly as I want to see Griffith's reaction to the slap.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Mangetsu said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Rupert Sinclair said:
That's the best thing I've ever seen, in the series and in my life. Holy shit.

m said:
There really is no other way of putting it: Holy Shit! :isidro: I can't wait to see the full episode.

Walter said:
My reaction: HOLY SHIT! :isidro:

Griffith said:
Just to add to the consensus I literally involuntarily exclaimed, "Holy shit!" when I saw that, and I'm at work. Go Rickert!

Rhombaad said:
Holy crap! (See what I did there?)

Scorpio said:
So we can continue keeping an accurate tally- I too exclaimed Holy Shit! Just, wow.

First, I audibly gasped (don't remember the last time I did that…), and then I uttered "Holy shit". So add me to the tally.

Ho-ly shit. I cannot wait for this episode.

Didn't expect it to get physical, WHAT A MOMENT! Thanks for the preview and translations, guys. It'll be interesting to see if they were alone when it happens or there's a witness to it. Also, you think Griffith allowed himself to get slapped ... cos he could have stopped Rickert's hand or something, I think.

Absolutely fantastic, i wasn't expecting that to happen. Thinking back to how Rickert was just a small boy when Guts first joined the Band of The Falcon to now slapping Griffith, the Falcon of Light, the absolute ruler. So awesome yet so sad.. what a panel. :ubik:

I also can't wait to see what that possible garden around them looks like. :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Ominous. Could be that the major action happens on the bridge, or maybe it's allegorical?

Looks like it's set on a little bridge over a stream in the garden.

jackson_hurley said:
I also think Griffith is allowing Rickert that slap in some way.

Of course.

Maxwell said:
Thinking back to how Rickert was just a small boy when Guts first joined the Band of The Falcon to now slapping Griffith, the Falcon of Light, the absolute ruler.

It's because he's known him since he was a boy that he could react like that. That's why it makes sense.

I suppose Griffith allowing this, there's no chance, somebody (or something) will know this ever happen and that's also why this particular moment will remain a major event. I'm very eager to know where exactly it took place.

But what if Rakshas or another being witnessed the (legendary) slap ? What can it trigger except the obvious ?

Top Bottom