Episode 337

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CrimsonBehelit216 said:
Nice episode. I think its safe to assume that this is a good note to leave on and transition to Guts. I am really stoked to see Guts and company arrive at Elfhelm. I don't believe it is unlikely that once Guts finishes his business at Elfhelm, he will travel to Falconia and encounter Rickert there once again.

I thought so at first, but after seeing the whole thing, I think there's still room for a final send off. There's also the loose end of the infiltration. What if whoever it was ended up witnessing Rickert slapping Griffith, then approaches him as he leaves Falconia, interested in Rickert's motivations for that. In that hypothetical situation, I doubt Rickert would go into detail and curse Griffith as a monster or anything, but it could be the seed for something larger.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Stuff like this makes me want to photoshop Rakshas hiding in somebody's armpit into every episode.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I thought so at first, but after seeing the whole thing, I think there's still room for a final send off. There's also the loose end of the infiltration. What if whoever it was ended up witnessing Rickert slapping Griffith, then approaches him as he leaves Falconia, interested in Rickert's motivations for that.

While I agree with the fact that we will get a follow-up to that thing with the guards, and I think your idea about an infiltrator witnessing The Slap™ is plausible, I also believe it could take place at a later time and not right away.

Walter said:
I thought so at first, but after seeing the whole thing, I think there's still room for a final send off. There's also the loose end of the infiltration. What if whoever it was ended up witnessing Rickert slapping Griffith, then approaches him as he leaves Falconia, interested in Rickert's motivations for that. In that hypothetical situation, I doubt Rickert would go into detail and curse Griffith as a monster or anything, but it could be the seed for something larger.

Oh yea! I had to go back a little but now I remember that part. Now I'm really excited to see the next episode. It could be interesting if we have met the infiltrator before... I wonder who it is..... :badbone:

Just saw this on Reddit:

tumblr_ncxt24kocs1qesf7io1_1280.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ApostleBob said:

Hehe, funny, though putting on the sunglasses without turning back and giving him the finger would have probably been cooler. :badbone:

OL1M3N said:
Oh man that's awesome :isidro: btw I'm new here so is there a guide or somethin' because there's alot of things that I don't know.

Welcome! As for a guide... Have you read the forum rules yet? Other than that, feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
Oh man! That was great!

I hope we see some interaction between Daiba and Rickert talking about Griffith at some point!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CheAkiwara said:
Oh man! That was great!

I hope we see some interaction between Daiba and Rickert talking about Griffith at some point!

I don't think they really have much to add to each other's perspective, though maybe Daiba could enlighten Rickert more about the true nature of Griffith (and it would be cool if Rickert just casually let everyone know he slapped the absolute one in face =), but I'd personally rather see them trade Guts stories. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CheAkiwara said:

Could be. But I'm not sure how fruitful their conversation would be. Daiba tends to use language describing astral phenomena on a level that most people wouldn't understand. It'd probably be more interesting for him to learn that Rickert knew Griffith when he was still a human.

I think the next episode will open with the aftermath of the slap. The tea party-goers asking Griffith what that was all about, while Locus growls in the background. Maybe then we'll see Rickert return to the outer walls and Erica, looking warily at them, contemplating the predicament he's in between hell outside and hell inside. Then, readers say goodbye to Falconia for a while.

Griffith

Walter said:
Could be. But I'm not sure how fruitful their conversation would be. Daiba tends to use language describing astral phenomena on a level that most people wouldn't understand. It'd probably be more interesting for him to learn that Rickert knew Griffith when he was still a human.

That could be cool, but I feel like Daiba might also take that stuff for granted, like, "Yeah yeah, these guys were all human once. Doesn't matter now." Maybe if Rickert enlightened him to Guts' role in Griffith's downfall, "Tell me more." :daiba:

puella

Berserk forever
To comment a bit on the episode outside of Rickert and Griffith's meeting, I find it funny how Sonia actually likes the tea and the cake but just has to pick on them to bother Charlotte (which fails miserably). And she reads Mule's mind wanting to have the cake...

I found Sonia a bit creepy and weird at first but she's just like a normal young girl. I like how Miura has depicted Schierke and Sonia as having some very typical sides as young girls while they are also exceptionally talented.

This is also the second time we see them eating Charlotte's cake (still wonder what type of cake that first one was). Those seem to be the "warmest" moments for Griffith. However, I wonder if many men enjoy tea. In my surroundings, tea (especially herbal tea) is usually for women...

I think Miura is interested in gastronomy. It was my first impression when I saw Serpico making bouillabaisse on the beach, which is my favorite.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puella said:
I found Sonia a bit creepy and weird at first but she's just like a normal young girl. I like how Miura has depicted Schierke and Sonia as having some very typical sides as young girls while they are also exceptionally talented.

I also found it amusing that her two outbursts are responses to break the mood between Charlotte and Griffith (first when Charlotte is talking to Griff about tea, and also when the Pontiff is talking about them getting married). It's pretty clear what her feelings are on the subject.

This is also the second time we see them eating Charlotte's cake (still wonder what type of cake that first one was).

White icing and white cake for the white falcon. :griffnotevil:

However, I wonder if many men enjoy tea. In my surroundings, tea (especially herbal tea) is usually for women...

I drink tea every day (green tea or Earl Grey, depending on what I'm in the mood for). I mostly drink it for the caffeine though, since I don't enjoy coffee. More to your point though, anyone who drinks HERBAL tea regularly is definitely a woman, whether they know it or not.

I think Miura is interested in gastronomy. It was my first impression when I saw Serpico making bouillabaisse on the beach, which is my favorite.

I could be wrong, but I think it's more of a Japanese culture thing. They seem more focused on their health than most.

Griffith

puella said:

Plus, they have mirror image crushes on their respective father/savior figures. Mule and Isidro need to step up as age appropriate alternatives. :isidro:

puella said:
This is also the second time we see them eating Charlotte's cake (still wonder what type of cake that first one was). Those seem to be the "warmest" moments for Griffith.

I think when he becomes head of church AND state and can freely burn anyone at the stake for either heresy or treason will be his "warmest" moment. :griffnotevil: Kidding aside, it begs the question we were debating earlier concerning his nature. Is his public behavior as Griffith any less to true to himself than when he's speaking to Ganishka or Skull Knight as Femto, or Guts on the Hill of Swords and even Rickert now? Is he just playing his perfect role on a micro level and being polite, or does he really like tea and cake when he's not manipulating the universe?

Walter said:
White icing and white cake for the white falcon. :griffnotevil:

skinneronnose.jpg

Walter said:
I drink tea every day (green tea or Earl Grey, depending on what I'm in the mood for). I mostly drink it for the caffeine though, since I don't enjoy coffee.

I'm the same with teas, though only occasionally, usually when I'm sick. If it's the taste and not your stomach though you gotta get more adventurous, duder. Try some different flavors or just add some milks and mocha in there. It's like saying you don't enjoy chocolate because you've only had the most bitter stuff. Anyway, sorry, I'm not a traditional coffee snob/drinker, it's just my work coming home with me.

Walter said:
More to your point though, anyone who drinks HERBAL tea regularly is definitely a woman, whether they know it or not.

:ganishka:

Walter said:
I could be wrong, but I think it's more of a Japanese culture thing. They seem more focused on their health than most.

I agree, but our perception might be colored by the American culture thing, where we're defiant about even, ya know, killing ourselves against other people's better judgement. I think most of civilized East and West civilization is more moderate. Enjoy yourself, but ultimately take care of yourself too. It's like the alcohol thing here versus Europe, we love extremes. Plus, you were raised on Southern food (impossibly good as it is bad for you)! My wife is a pure California girl and was shocked by how good, and fatty, Southern food is (and she grew up on Mexican food, which, no joke, I gained 50 lbs eating since we moved in together).

Oh, uh, back on topic, anyone think Locus and some other hotheaded Apostles might try to take matters into their own hands? :zodd:

zoddpissed.jpg

Griffith said:
Oh, uh, back on topic, anyone think Locus and some other hotheaded Apostles might try to take matters into their own hands?

zoddpissed.jpg

Hey guys! I don't think the Apostles would anything too rash unless ordered by Griffith himself. Maybe sinister looks and/or death threats from apostles in the future? On a side note, where will Rickert go to since most of the land is being terrorized by trolls and such. Or will he remain in Falconia, living under Griffith who he just bitch-slapped?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
I drink tea every day (green tea or Earl Grey, depending on what I'm in the mood for). I mostly drink it for the caffeine though, since I don't enjoy coffee. More to your point though, anyone who drinks HERBAL tea regularly is definitely a woman, whether they know it or not.

Ouch! :ganishka: But yea I'm the same way. I'll drink a hot tea in the morning since I don't like coffee and then usually green tea as a beverage with meals.

I find interesting the fact that Rickert especially after the slap event, even if he found a place in Falconia, helping/protecting people with his skills, ultimately, this will continue to boost the image of Grifith the Falcon of Light, the idea that Falconia is the last safe Heaven. It's a bittersweet feeling.

Aside from their magical fences fonction in order to keep astral being outside, I'm eager to learn what exactly those crystal wings are connected to (the tree ?), the way it could look underneath the soil.

I guess Femto couldn't see so close into the future enough bend reality. :ganishka:

The crest in that frame hits home to how long its been since those care free mercenary days of old medieveal mead drinking to utopian aline world we are seeing now. Its exciting and gripping after 24 years the series still shocks and amazes the reader.

There will be an obligatory status quo section when Femto sidelines the explanation to why his friend 'Griffith' sacrificed his companions as all bad guys explain the actions. :guts:

How long do you guys at the rate the episodes come can we see a compiled Volume 38?

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Benin said:
How long do you guys at the rate the episodes come can we see a compiled Volume 38?

I think we've got a minute. Last time I checked (which was a month or two ago) we have only roughly half the episodes that are in a volume at this point. My guess is we wont have volume 38 until next year. Keep in mind, we've been very fortunate in the amount of episodes we've seen recently, however, nothing confirms this rate will be maintained.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Benin said:

If you mean when should we expect to see Vol 38 on store shelves, I'd say spring or summer 2015. But it's really up in the air. Five more episodes are needed for a complete volume.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ambientshanks said:
On a side note, where will Rickert go to since most of the land is being terrorized by trolls and such. Or will he remain in Falconia, living under Griffith who he just bitch-slapped?

I don't think he will leave the city.

RotDragon

Control your instincts.
Aazealh said:
I don't think he will leave the city.

Even so, the meaning of Rickert stay in Falconia is that he is under the wings of Griffith, and - taking the new and mature Rickert - i dont think thats going to happen. But this leads to another thought... it's not about Rickert stays, but about Erika safety! Since Rickert is caring her, i believe he will stay in Falconia, even with the thread of Griffith's ego or his demon soldiers not taking so easily the bitchslap he gave to Griffith.

Besides that, guys, i wonder... and i think thats a question for all of us...

... HOW Gatts/Guts will be able to kill Griffith if he is not only bodyguarded by a freaking army of demons, but he became the high pillar of humanity itself, since Falconia holds literaly most of the kingdoms and the most important people of Albion.
...and there is even the Caska business (will she be beside Gatts to fight Griffith, or she will give up of fighting?). :troll:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
RotDragon said:
Even so, the meaning of Rickert stay in Falconia is that he is under the wings of Griffith, and - taking the new and mature Rickert - i dont think thats going to happen. But this leads to another thought... it's not about Rickert stays, but about Erika safety! Since Rickert is caring her, i believe he will stay in Falconia, even with the thread of Griffith's ego or his demon soldiers not taking so easily the bitchslap he gave to Griffith.

I'm pretty sure Rickert will continue to live in Falconia. Like you said, he cares most about Erika's safety, and they can't survive outside the city walls at this point. I do wonder if one of the apostles will pay Rickert a visit, though. I don't think Griffith cares enough to order an apostle to kill Rickert, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them went to see him of its own volition.

RotDragon said:
Besides that, guys, i wonder... and i think thats a question for all of us...

... HOW Guts/Guts will be able to kill Griffith if he is not only bodyguarded by a freaking army of demons, but he became the high pillar of humanity itself, since Falconia holds literaly most of the kingdoms and the most important people of Albion.

That remains to be seen, doesn't it? I imagine we'll get some clues to how the final battle will go down once the group has spent some time in Elfhelm.

RotDragon said:
...and there is even the Casca business (will she be beside Guts to fight Griffith, or she will give up of fighting?). :troll:

I think she'll eventually fight alongside Guts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RotDragon said:

So... you're agreeing with me?

RotDragon said:
... HOW Guts/Guts will be able to kill Griffith if he is not only bodyguarded by a freaking army of demons, but he became the high pillar of humanity itself, since Falconia holds literaly most of the kingdoms and the most important people of Albion.

The most important people of Albion? You mean Luca and her girls? Anyway, the problem isn't so much Falconia's citizens as it is Griffith's own power. I think this really is the biggest problem for Guts to overcome, and it hasn't changed since volume 3. The apostles, while they're a big deal, are less of a problem I think, as he won't necessarily have to fight them all, or at least not all at once. Besides, out of that whole horde, I think only the cream of the crop are a serious threat anymore.

RotDragon said:
...and there is even the Casca business (will she be beside Guts to fight Griffith, or she will give up of fighting?).

I think your previous question and this one can be addressed as one. The big player you're not mentioning here is Guts and Casca's son. Femto has taken over his body, but the boy still exists, and he still greatly cares for his parents. I believe that in the end, he will prove to be Griffith's fatal weakness, the crack that will allow Guts to pierce through. At the time same, the possibility that killing Griffith might also mean killing their son is undoubtedly going to be a source of extreme distress for both Guts & Casca. Just as much as knowing what Griffith did to him might be. I believe this multifactor dilemma holds the promise for some very dramatic storytelling.

Top Bottom