Episode 343

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
This issue will be coming with a 100 Pages of Berserk annex of some sort it looks like. Will definitely try and snag this in 2 weeks!

If it's anything like the "Character & World" guide they released in 2009 for the 20th anniversary, it won't knock your socks off. But I dunno, maybe it'll be cool this time? :void:

Edit - hmm upon closer examination the 1st episode is also coming out with this issue. It seems these two episodes might be connected somehow? I dunno exactly how though...

That doesn't make much sense to me. The first episode of ... what, the anime? It might just be referring to a preview for it. Maybe it means 2 Berserk episodes at once? :ubik: ... :judo:

ANN article

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-06-09/berserk-manga-returns-on-june-24-as-monthly-series/.103024

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mangetsu said:
ANN article

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-06-09/berserk-manga-returns-on-june-24-as-monthly-series/.103024

"The 13th issue of the magazine will publish a new chapter as well as republish the manga's first chapter"

Ah.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
That is awesome news! I'm glad we go back to monthly. Now I hope we get a real real monthly. The break was probably due to the new anime production and maybe build up some new fans? Either way Berserk is back in a couple of weeks and this makes me very happy.

Now this was happy news to wake up to. Hoping to learn more about Morda.

Not to mention the monthly steps towards moments everybody has been waiting absolutely forever for. Damn awesome time to be a Berserk fan.

Heiji said:
Serie will resume june 24 and will be monthly. Cover & lead color for chapter #344.
http://wp.me/p7AOpM-hR

Can't wait, I'm glad they didn't promise a summer release and publish the episode August 31st or something. Hopefully this monthly schedule will last for as long as possible.

Uriel said:
Here's the official word:

http://www.younganimal.com/magazine/next.html

This issue will be coming with a 100 Pages of Berserk annex of some sort it looks like. Will definitely try and snag this in 2 weeks!

Edit - hmm upon closer examination the 1st episode is also coming out with this issue. It seems these two episodes might be connected somehow? I dunno exactly how though... maybe Guts' and Puck's meeting?

Hope it's good, I'd sell my right arm for a World of Ice and Fire style guide of the Berserk universe.

I was simply happy that a new episode was coming out soon, but the added bonus that the series will be on a monthly release again is great news (hope it'll last a little longer than last year's run).

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walter said:
"The 13th issue of the magazine will publish a new chapter as well as republish the manga's first chapter"

Ah.

Glad that cleared things up for you. Manga episodes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Edit - hmm upon closer examination the 1st episode is also coming out with this issue. It seems these two episodes might be connected somehow? I dunno exactly how though... maybe Guts' and Puck's meeting?

Yeah, the more intriguing news out of all this is the re-publishing of the first episode of the series. Coupled with the cover redesign of volume 1 to match that of volume 38, it has to make one wonder what's coming. However it could just be because the TV series is going to cover the same material, and presumably won't be doing so exhaustively. A way to let people experience the real Berserk in parallel to the anime. It's happened when the movies were being released too, with special edition releases of the first 14 volumes.

Another thing to note is that "The Black Swordsman" is 90 pages long, so coupled with the supplement, the new episode and all the anime stuff, that's a lot of Berserk. :guts:

Aazealh said:
the more intriguing news out of all this is the re-publishing of the first episode of the series. Coupled with the cover redesign of volume 1 to match that of volume 38, it has to make one wonder what's coming.

The result is very neat and actually works really well in tandem with volume 38. Very cool. That being said, the redesign artwork wins.

news_xlarge_berserk1.jpg
news_xlarge_berserk38_shin.jpg

source : http://natalie.mu/comic/news/190407

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ryOtoha said:
The result is very neat and actually works really well in tandem with volume 38. Very cool. That being said, the redesign artwork wins.

Thanks, but these aren't new, we've commented on them a while ago. I still think that new cover design sucks, especially because of the smoke. The rest I can live with.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Rhombaad said:
I can't not see smoke coming out of Guts' head when I look at those covers.

In the covers defense, Guts does get very, very angry (it is called Berserk, after all). :troll:

what happy news to come back to. I can't wait for June 24th! I was thinking the next episode would be some time in July or August, but I'm pleased that it's this month and that it will be resuming a monthly release! :ubik:

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Awesome! Can't wait to reread the death of the Sea God and to see Chicchi again.

It's been ages, Miura, seriously. :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DANGERDOOOOM said:
Awesome! Can't wait to reread the death of the Sea God and to see Chicchi again.

It's been ages, Miura, seriously. :judo:

It has been ages, but that's because the episodes you reference have been in Vol 37 since 2013 :ganishka:

Vol 38 will (likely) cover :

- 334: Human City
- 335: Divine Right of Kingship
- 336: Pandemonium
- 337: The Bridge of Separation
- 338: The Dusky Assassin
- 339: Capital City Under the Moonlight
- 340: Combat in the Darkness
- 341: Soaring Escape
- 342: Landing
- 343: Fire Doll

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Vixen Comics said:
I'm pleased that it's this month and that it will be resuming a monthly release! :ubik:

Crossing fingers that it lasts more than 3 months in a row..

Walter said:
It has been ages, but that's because the episodes you reference have been in Vol 37 since 2013 :ganishka:

LOL. Grabbed my copy of 37 and literally face palmed. Guess I'm just rusty :farnese:

I am so excited for this! :ubik: So glad the manga will be back and very much looking forward to seeing what will happen next!

Top Bottom