Episode 351

Preorder here

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2106124

Reminder that Volume 39 will be releasing this Friday as well

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2091534
 

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Well, it was pretty obvious.
Well, more importantly, that seems like a pretty interesting page.
I smell a cliffhanger.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Definitely brambles that are surrounding something and preventing access to it. Egg-shaped it seems. Very thematically relevant. Excited to see more!
 

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Definitely brambles that are surrounding something and preventing access to it. Egg-shaped it seems. Very thematically relevant. Excited to see more!
Could that picture be the begenning of the end for the dream adventure? I can't wait to learn more. I've rarely been that excited about a serie. We've said it before but I'll say it again: This is a great time to be a Berserk fan and I'm really glad I can hang out here and experience it with people who really love the serie. I don't have many freinds reading it or liking it as much as I do so thanx for existing Skullknight and it's members!

Rambling over. Now to wait for it.
 

DANGERDOOOOM

"He was a strange man. Somehow inhuman..."
Mangetsu said:
Looks kinda like a brain, may be the time when Void handed out the sacrifical marks?
My first thought when I saw this was when Griffith was transitioning into Femto up on the altar
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Hitoshura said:
The manga will be back on hiatus until winter after this issue.
I sure hope they fix Casca and reunite her with Guts in the next episode then... :judo:

I've been spoiled by this pace. I guess another half a year won't be so bad. :guts: ..:sad:

Aazealh said:
Definitely brambles that are surrounding something and preventing access to it. Egg-shaped it seems. Very thematically relevant.
DANGERDOOOOM said:
My first thought when I saw this was when Griffith was transitioning into Femto up on the altar
Yeah, considering our assumptions about the mountain/shape in the distance being the hand and the final piece having to do with the Eclipse Ceremony, this is very reminiscent of Femto's conception/birth. Doesn't mean it will actually mirror that (since what we don't know ahead still outweighs what we're guessing; e.g. thorns), but it's a very interesting possibility nonetheless. Maybe whatever likely Femto analog prevents them from reaching Casca will ultimately be destroyed by her upon her reemergence, of her own choosing; that'd certainly be a clever way to address the dilemma of whether they're forcing her to come back or not, and her saving herself to save them would be a nice twist as well. It'll probably be more straightforward/slow than that on Casca's end though, with more heavy lifting for Schierke and Farnese of course; I'm just trying to throw Casca back into action and make her top dog ASAP. :casca:
 

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
Thanks for the links RaffoBaffo and Mangetsu!

Nice! Miura's busting out the old HR Giger branded crate of phallus-monsters I see. We haven't seen that aesthetic for a while. Though how could we not have them here?

Fun to see Farnese has also caught onto the rules of the dreamland. Though her dream didn't have a lot of potential 'items' to bring through, so we may only get Mozgus.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Whoa, didn't expect to see Mozgus, but it makes sense for Casca and Farnese of course, so we're getting some post-Eclipse action, and does that mean the dream defenses are becoming more personal (could a burned Flora show up :magni:) or is it just a coincidence?

Also, those monster designs... forget "phallic" resemblance, those are some straight up anthropomorphized penises with penis arms (I'm surprised they don't have penis fingers=)! Not to mention the Golem choking them out. Miura's not beating around the bush. :carcus:
 
Incredible as always. I cannot wait. This is already pretty damn chilling. The trees and soil are absolutely disgusting. When people complain Berserk is too 'lighthearted' they seem to forget moments like this can happen. Not to mention this is only the beginning of the real fuckery. I imagine the first chunk of book 40 is going to be pretty rough.

As for the hiatus, I figured (as I imagine quite a few people did as well) that one was coming up this episode. Seemed obvious with the simul-book release and the trash heap Berserk anime ending at the same time. Doesn't matter to me at all though. Would rather Miura do whatever the hell he has got to do to continue making this incredible series.

Though we at least know it's 'winter' and not 'til next time!'. But 'Winter' means Dec 29th at the earliest I think?
 
These nightmare demons are looking more and more disturbing. Those "pill bugs" are reminding me of Mara from Shin Megami Tensei, though they're likely based on Conrad with a a blend of this guy. Creepy either way.

I just hope that the continuation of the manga isn't meant to coincide with another lousy anime.

Griffith said:
Whoa, didn't expect to see Mozgus, but it makes sense for Casca and Farnese of course, so we're getting some post-Eclipse action, and does that mean the dream defenses are becoming more personal (could a burned Flora show up :magni:) or is it just a coincidence?
I don't think it's post-Eclipse imagery we're seeing. I think the Mozgus we're seeing is Farnese using the "washing stone" from her dream.
 
Thanks Raffo~ngetsu (combo attack!) for those previews.

Griffith said:
Also, those monster designs... forget "phallic" resemblance, those are some straight up anthropomorphized penises with penis arms (I'm surprised they don't have penis fingers=)! Not to mention the Golem choking them out. Miura's not beating around the bush. :carcus:
Freakish looking indeed.

Can't wait to read the entire episode to get a fuller sense of the forest and it's design, with all those sharp pointy things protruding from the ground making it hard to walk or move during battle.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Cyrus Jong said:
I don't think it's post-Eclipse imagery we're seeing. I think the Mozgus we're seeing is Farnese using the "washing stone" from her dream.
Ah! That makes sense. My workplace image comprehension leaves something to be desired. :mozgus:

IncantatioN said:
Can't wait to read the entire episode to get a fuller sense of the forest and it's design, with all those sharp pointy things protruding from the ground making it hard to walk or move during battle.
Yeah, the hellscape death forest would be a standout in its own right if not for the eye popping creature designs.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Impressive, Miura's not shying away from the big topic. As ballsy (without pun) as the decision to feature the rape in the Eclipse to begin with. It's also very cool to see Farnese using the Mozgus wash stone from her dream to fight. And the Lord of Rotting Roots! He's right at home in this dump! Speaking of which, the mountain itself doesn't disappoint, it's completely nightmarish.
 
Holy shit, Farnese and Schierke are fighting cock monsters. So much for "Berserk is too lighthearted, Miura doesn't have it in him anymore," that whiny edge lords always claim.
 
Top Bottom