Episode 352

Femto777

may you bring pain or salvation to mankind
I had a dream about a week ago that the new Berserk episode came out and it was great except that it was some what spoiled by the simultaneous announcement of berserk TV series 2018. :magni:

Hope this one's not prophetic.

Leaks are out

LINK REMOVED

I couldn't resist and did a quick skim

Oh shit, it's getting intense. The monsters are straight up Eclipse apostles now, and the Falcon of Darkness has appeared...
I though Schierke was out of familiars? But she throws them all out at once.
Farnese brought the Berserker armor and Sylph cloak over from her dream. I remember someone tossing out that idea a while back when stone Mozgus appeared in 351.

Next episode January 26

themorningmoon said:
The imgur link has the pages way out of order (or at least it did when I looked, and it kind of spoiled something for me). Here they are in order: LINK REMOVED

I didn't link the source because it won't display for me

Sareth said:
I didn't link the source because it won't display for me
In order to get the site to work, you have to disable AdBlock, I think. It didn't show me any ads, though, so I've just disabled it for that domain. Worth it, IMO, to see these pages in order! I got the
Beast of Dogness
spoiled for me when I used the Imgur link.

themorningmoon said:
In order to get the site to work, you have to disable AdBlock, I think. It didn't show me any ads, though, so I've just disabled it for that domain. Worth it, IMO, to see these pages in order! I got the
Beast of Dogness
spoiled for me when I used the Imgur link.

Ah, alright

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting that Miura would choose to have these representations of Griffith and Guts face off inside Casca's mind. I guess from her perspective they represent her trauma versus her desire to get over it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
HOLE-EEE SHIT! :isidro: :isidro: :isidro:

Loving pretty much everything here, and no wonder it's all pretty badass and symbolic of other badass things of import from the series.
The Black Femto Penis Hawk of Death, Magic Serpico Carpet to the rescue, Guts dog reliving the eclipse (and The Count's there!) and turning Berserk Armor Dog... which they did not summon! :ganishka: Looks like we've got a friend/foe situation here once Beast Dog kills Femto and everything bad and all that's left are our favorite gals, Casca included. Or... maybe Beast Dog loses and Casca saves the day as we've been wondering. I guess it depends on what it's going to take to "activate her," but it would be cool if she was an active participant in her fight to come back (I mean, it's all her fight in her head/soul anyway, so it doesn't necessarily matter how it plays out, but it would be cool to watch her slay Griff Penis Dragon =).

Aazealh said:
Interesting that Miura would choose to have these representations of Griffith and Guts face off inside Casca's mind. I guess from her perspective they represent her trauma versus her desire to get over it.
Indeed! The next episode is going to be crucial.

Griffith said:
Or... maybe Beast Dog loses and Casca saves the day as we've been wondering. I guess it depends on what it's going to take to "activate her," but it would be cool if she was an active participant in her fight to come back (I mean, it's all her fight in her head/soul anyway, so it doesn't necessarily matter how it plays out, but it would be cool to watch her slay Griff Penis Dragon =).

I would LOVE this. I really want Casca to show some agency in her recovery. But whatever happens, I trust Miura. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Intense stuff. The depiction of Femto/bird's head, wow. :femto: I also really love the V style of the mouth opening.

Griffith said:
Looks like we've got a friend/foe situation here once Beast Dog kills Femto and everything bad and all that's left are our favorite gals, Casca included.

That's a good point. But time after time, there's one character who's always showed up to resolve that threat. The question is, does it make sense for him to manifest here? Alternately, I suppose some aspect of Casca could quell the Beast. Would make sense symbolically, if not practically. But we're in a dream world, afterall, so maybe that's all that matters.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Looks like we've got a friend/foe situation here once Beast Dog kills Femto and everything bad and all that's left are our favorite gals, Casca included.

I don't know man, I feel like that'd be kinda lame given that this whole nightmare is about what happened at the Eclipse, that the dog is a figment of Casca's imagination and the armor something Farnese brought from her own dream. Would be making this situation about something it isn't, know what I mean?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MrFlibble said:
I'm still holding out hope little sprite Casca will have something to do

I'm sure that it will, but that'll most certainly be after the fight is over. I expect it's what will spark life back into the Casca manikin once all the pieces are in place.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
I don't know man, I feel like that'd be kinda lame given that this whole nightmare is about what happened at the Eclipse, that the dog is a figment of Casca's imagination and the armor something Farnese brought from her own dream. Would be making this situation about something it isn't, know what I mean?

Yeah, I see your point, and this was just riffing off the top of my head, but my logic was that since it doesn't seem to be a "closed system" and they brought "the Beast" into it, and it's something they in fact deal with regularly, that can make it a factor. Of course, that raises a bunch of questions because it's not REALLY the Beast, etc, but we don't know precisely yet how all this can play off one another. Maybe it's just going to do right by them like all the other spell powers, but maybe it's also the exception and that's the point (as far as it's concerned anyway since the point is Casca). I mean, I can't help but think of the Beast being dangerous to them when I see it, particularly in a dream setting after Serpico was just referenced and it coming from Farnese... that might just be my own association after Serpico's vision during their duel, but it connected those synapses in my brain. Anyway, however it turns out, I'm assuming Miura WON'T make it lame even if my BSing is. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Anyway, however it turns out, I'm assuming Miura WON'T make it lame even if my BSing is. =)

Haha, no, it's logical to bring it up given how these situations with the armor have worked before, but I'd be seriously disappointed if it ended up like that. I think this might all be moot though, as what the girls need first and foremost is to reach the fragment. If they can get to it then it might not really matter whether the monsters are "dead" or not (or what the dog is doing), for they'll cease to exist as their function (guarding the fragment) will be over.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a summary based on the Korean text, courtesy of puella. All the usual cautiousness regarding its accuracy applies.

The episode title is "Main culprit" or "instigator", meaning the one responsible for Casca's current state. It's a reference to something Schierke says in episode 350.

Farnese and Schierke comment that this is the last fragment. Farnese tells the Sprite to cheer up, as they only have a small thing left to do. As they see the dark falcon, Schierke says it is the protector of the last fragment, and is probably the most powerful being there... the king of the monsters. Farnese notices that the dog barks vociferously just as Schierke sees that the bird is turning back towards them. Schierke then realizes that her fetishes are back in her bag, they've respawned. She launches a golem and asks it to protect them, but to no avail. Farnese comments on what a monster that thing is. She then sees that the torn parts of the scenery are reforming into something else. Schierkes recognizes these shapes, it's what she saw before in Guts' memory.

Farnese feels just how deeply scared the little Casca sprite is. Schierke guesses that this monster is the main culprit, the thing that shattered Casca's mind. It's an embodiment of fear itself. Schierke calls all of her fetishes to help. She says that they must break through at all cost to reach the fragment. Farnese sees that the bird is attacking them again, this time from the side. As it rips the coffin and the dog away, Schierke comments that if the two drop from that height... the worst will happen. She wishes she had a fetish that can control the wind. Upon hearing that, Farnese has an idea, and she pulls out Serpico's Sylph cloak. The cloak gets going but comments, in Serpico's typical tone, that Lady Farnese is treating it roughly. Schierke recognizes that the cloak was among the clothes Farnese was washing in her dream. Meanwhile, the weight of the coffin and the dog is too much for the cloak, and the bird is attacking again. It sends the dog flying away. As for the coffin, it's surrounded by thorns that have reformed around it. Schierke comments that they can't get to it like that. And then suddenly the armor bursts out.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Thank you Puella and Aaz for the summary!

This episode was incredibly intense. I loved it. I'm so happy that Berserk is back! :guts:

MrFlibble said:
I'm still holding out hope little sprite Casca will have something to do, all around, good stuff.
I think it would be cool if the sprite, perhaps seeing her friends in serious danger, gained the courage to try and retrieve the last fragment herself. Something like that would symbolize to me that Casca had a true desire to come back now. :ubik: I'm so excited!!! :guts: This is awesome! Thank you for the summary, Puella and Aazealh!

Top Bottom