Episode 354

It's my first post since almost 10 years.

I suscribed in this communauty to be the most closer to the real information and comment about Berserk and during all this years i never be disapointed by the communauty.

Like a lot here, i began reading Berserk in 2004, and wait fort 14 years this moment.

The same as everyone, i am atonished by this episode, it's a sentiment i can't really express, accomplissement ? Free of a huge burden ? Something i wait during so long, that it became a part of myself. And now a new step for me and for the manga and the Berserk Communauty.

I am happy to see good comment too, in some poor place we can read some curious comment about the retrieval of Casca and a weird course of action of her (like join Griffith/Femto...).

I will not repeat that everyone has said, but a little, this arc was very good, very well maid. Some complain about the representation of the rape, but i join Aaz about it (in a post earler), the precedent episode with the ascension of the montain of corps, express it i think. With the Penis Monster representation.

However, i think by this episode that Casca see a lot of the Falcon troup die. We didn't expect it really during the eclypse, because during this time, in the manga, we are concentrate on Guts. But it's normal that the eclypse memory for Casca concentrate a lot about it. Because, Guts was'nt here ton see it, but Casca see all the member of Hawk die.

A course of action i alway considerate after the awakening of Casca, it's the role of Casca. She is the real leader of the Falcon Troup, and like Ricket say it to Griffith he is in the old one, the real one, no the falcon of light. What i mean, is Casca will maybe, lead a new troup of Falcon, lead all the person who oppose the new world created by Femto.

It's difficult to express it very well in english.

Thanks a lot everyone and please pardon me for every writing mistake i made in my post.

See ya.

Edit : I listen the postcast. Nice work, the first one i listen.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I'd mentioned it on the podcast, but it seems to me that an immediate crisis for a restored Casca could be that she'll be suicidal. She might even be placed on a suicide watch kind of situation, with Danan and others trying to help her cope. And I can only really imagine one cure for that scenario — her child (presuming she doesn't remember it immediately). Whether his existence is revealed to her directly by SK or Danan (not a great option), or if like in the past, the child appears before her to stop her from serious injury — to herself.

It's also possible that my mind is too hasty in leaping to the next likely story milestone, and not being open to the other possibilities of what will happen with Casca/the group in the interim.

My concern would be if she remember what happen during the period while she was insane. For eg Farnese and schierke.

Or if she remember that back in vol 23, Guts did accidentally tries to harm her.

BiQ_

" ... "
Regardless if she remembers the time when Guts was possessed and assaulted her, and even if she doesn't bear conscious ill will towards him if she does, she might still have quite uncontrollable feelings of fear of him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kaladin said:
Forgot to say but thanks for the speedy summary! I was wondering if the Japanese text matches the quote above, or is it something along the lines of "We will surely meet again" or something else.

There is no subject in the Japanese sentence. However, given the context, it is pretty obviously referring to their previous exchange in episode 350 (where the Sprite says there's someone she wants to meet, and Farnese says she'll definitely help her meet him). So the version I posted is correct.

Smith said:
Or if she remember that back in vol 23, Guts did accidentally tries to harm her.

I've often seen people put a lot of emphasis on those events, which makes me think they don't understand their purpose. When Guts gets possessed and strangles Casca, it makes her afraid of him. It also shows he can't protect her perfectly by himself. It underlines how having to protect someone instead of fighting alone wears him down. Later, when he loses it and assaults her again, the point is that he can't even trust himself anymore. That's what tips the scales and makes him accept the company of Isidro, Farnese and Serpico. That's why he reluctantly lets people in: so they can look after Casca.

The point I'm making here is that those scenes have already served their purpose. Will they be referenced again? Probably. And it might even be Guts that tells her about it, out of guilt. But will it be a huge, pivotal plot point? I don't think so. Casca has been through much worse, and Guts himself arguably wronged her more when he left her alone for over two years to go hunt down apostles. They also have much more important things to care about. Like their son. Or Femto, the one who ruined their lives.

Archer1215 said:
Not even Puck, who has been with Guts longer than anyone in the party knows the real reason Casca is afraid of Guts.

You're mistaken. The sexual assault isn't the "real" reason Casca feared Guts. She became afraid of Guts after he strangled her. This is very clearly depicted in the manga and we see Guts reflect on it. That's why he then tied her up (which made her hate him more). The fact he forcefully kissed her and bit her breast several days or weeks later didn't help with the situation, but she had already stopped trusting him at that time (which is why she fled while he dozed off and stumbled into the brigands' camp). And we never see that second assault as making a difference in her behavior.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
The point I'm making here is that those scenes have already served their purpose. Will they be referenced again? Probably. And it might even be Guts that tells her about it, out of guilt. But will it be a huge, pivotal plot point? I don't think so.

Sorry, #TimesUp, Guts!

The scandal of the accusations will be so great Guts will have to leave the series. Meaning the main character will fittingly become Cas.. GRIFFITH! Who conveniently denies any wrongdoing in the pursuit of his dream(s). :griffnotevil:

Kidding aside, it would be interesting if she didn't remember and he was put in a position of whether or not to confess it. Maybe HE won't be comfortable with her out of guilt as you said.

Aazealh said:
Casca has been through much worse, and Guts himself arguably wronged her more when he left her alone for over two years to go hunt down apostles. They also have much more important things to care about. Like their son. Or Femto, the one who ruined their lives.

I agree that there's a lot of over-interpretation of those scenes, much like the Skull Knight's infamous warning about Casca's wishes, and you put their straightforward purpose very succinctly. But I'm still tantalized by their future potential for drama; I think they, along with the aforementioned abandonment, could contribute to a chilly reunion and long reconciliation between them, even if they're naturally relieved and happy to see each other initially (Guts might also have unreasonable expectations now that she's "back").

What really makes those scenes still relevant to me is exactly what you said about Guts not being able to trust even himself in the end. I think that realization can go for Casca too, especially given the nature and cause of her trauma, her re-victimization, and Guts tragically becoming a part of it himself. He was an exception before that, earned her trust as a man and differentiated himself from most others she encountered as a trusty protector, and those attacks, particularly the latter, obviously put him on the other side of the equation and I wonder if the betrayal of that won't carry over a bit in her pain.

In short, the heartbreaking thing about it to me isn't how bad it was relative to Casca's other experiences or whether or not it ultimately changes how they'll feel about each other (I don't think it will), it's that it made Guts "one of them" instead of the one she could trust, which is almost the worst trespass. I kind of hope it's an issue just so they can work it out and have some catharsis.

Just wanted to echo Griffith’s sentiments regarding Guts’ sexual assault of Casca and how its potential consequence may/should be adressed. Like Griffith said it may not have been the worst trauma Casca has experienced relative to all the other stuff she has suffered, but it’s still significant enough, and uniquely to Casca’s and Guts’ relationship, that it warrants specific direct narrative addressment.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Miura's comment for this issue: I went to the exhibition of Noriyoshi Ohrai. A great part of our current drawing style resulted from the influence we received from him in our high school days.

Griffith said:
What really makes those scenes still relevant to me is exactly what you said about Guts not being able to trust even himself in the end. I think that realization can go for Casca too, especially given the nature and cause of her trauma, her re-victimization, and Guts tragically becoming a part of it himself.

Well sure, but let's not forget what Guts & Casca's relationship was like to begin with. For example how she stabbed him with a sword before they first made love, or how he strangled her (then broke down crying) during the act. Like I said, it's not that those scenes are unimportant, but we have to remember who the real Casca was. A warrior who could fend for herself. A military leader who stood up to Guts when it was needed. That's the Casca we're getting back.

And of course, things are very different now, but that's also kind of the point. They both went through the Eclipse, and it has left a trauma that has dwarfed everything else. Guts is still completely haunted by it, and we've already been warned that Casca will be as well. I think everything else will be secondary to that, and to their objectives going forward (i.e. their son). Which is why it seems to me that people who focus too much on those two scenes from volume 23 are missing the big picture.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RaffoBaffo said:
The Digital Edition of YA is out:
https://www.hakusensha-e.net/top?id=14991

Thanks for the reminder Raffo. Something I'm just now realizing, but the online editions of YA don't include the pin-up pages anymore, which means they also have a different cover. I like them better this way to be honest.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Thanks for the reminder Raffo. Something I'm just now realizing, but the online editions of YA don't include the pin-up pages anymore, which means they also have a different cover. I like them better this way to be honest.

What kind of cover are offering for these release if I may ask? You got me curious.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Well sure, but let's not forget what Guts & Casca's relationship was like to begin with. For example how she stabbed him with a sword before they first made love, or how he strangled her (then broke down crying) during the act. Like I said, it's not that those scenes are unimportant, but we have to remember who the real Casca was. A warrior who could fend for herself. A military leader who stood up to Guts when it was needed. That's the Casca we're getting back.

And of course, things are very different now, but that's also kind of the point. They both went through the Eclipse, and it has left a trauma that has dwarfed everything else. Guts is still completely haunted by it, and we've already been warned that Casca will be as well. I think everything else will be secondary to that, and to their objectives going forward (i.e. their son). Which is why it seems to me that people who focus too much on those two scenes from volume 23 are missing the big picture.

Good points all, and like I said, while it's not going to ultimately make or break anything I don't think that particular incident is necessarily baked in to the inherent violence of their lives and relationship either. It's also been part of the big picture since it happened, so I sympathize with people extrapolating that forward, because whether it will remain relevant or not is part of the BIG question of what the awakened Casca will actually be like. She'll still have her trauma from the Eclipse, and, if she remembers it, the subsequent hurt that resulted in their relationship cooling since 23, but obviously regaining their history and understanding of circumstances can mitigate that, perhaps fully. I don't know, I feel like you and I are discussing possible points of emphasis on two adjacent shades of gray here. I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way, and you feel more strongly it won't be a big deal. I definitely think it'll be relevant to the conversation with those two, but as you point out, Casca ultimately has much bigger fish to fry.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
I don't know, I feel like you and I are discussing possible points of emphasis on two adjacent shades of gray here.

Yeah pretty much. Like I said, I do expect it to come up at some point, just not to be its own pivotal plot element that will make or break their relationship.
And I also think things that are never mentioned, like Guts' reaction to the Demon Child's birth or his subsequent treatment of him, have potential to be big points of contention.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Yeah pretty much. Like I said, I do expect it to come up at some point, just not to be its own pivotal plot element that will make or break their relationship.

Yeah, and as you pointed out, it already served to break their relationship so that could very well be taken for granted at this point and so we continue from there (they don't need to break it again before mending, just deal with it).

Farnese, future amateur therapist, will work on their couples' counseling and present the findings in a chapter of her upcoming book, Burning the Witch Inside.

Aazealh said:
And I also think things that are never mentioned, like Guts' reaction to the Demon Child's birth or his subsequent treatment of him, have potential to be big points of contention.

Definitely, and that could very well be two-sided. I still don't think Guts is going to be crazy about the Demon Child re-entering their lives in whatever form that takes. He finally softened on it a bit, but I think it's going to take a while for him to come around on the idea that he has a "legitimate" offspring that may not be a complete monster. Ultimately, I think the idea of taking their son, and their lives, back is what turns things for both of them though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Yeah, and as you pointed out, it already served to break their relationship so that could very well be taken for granted at this point and so we continue from there (they don't need to break it again before mending, just deal with it).

Yep!

Griffith said:
Definitely, and that could very well be two-sided. I still don't think Guts is going to be crazy about the Demon Child re-entering their lives in whatever form that takes. He finally softened on it a bit, but I think it's going to take a while for him to come around on the idea that he has a "legitimate" offspring that may not be a complete monster. Ultimately, I think the idea of taking their son, and their lives, back is what turns things for both of them though.

I think Guts will feel bad about his past behavior (he really was an asshole to the child). I've never forgotten the two pages at the end of episode 238 where he thinks about him. I think they're indicative of what's to come. There's tons of ways this could go, of course, but to me the real deal down the line will be facing the fact the boy is essentially fused with Femto. That could lead to an impossible choice: should they try to kill Griffith and kill their son in the process? It's easy to see how Guts and Casca could fall on opposite sides of the issue (though I would hope that all would end well eventually).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chiming in here from the peanut gallery. I just wanted to say that it's pretty amazing that we're having these conversations now, when it's no longer a distant hypothetical for when these issues will actually be addressed in the story. We really made it! :ubik:

Griffith

Aazealh said:
I think Guts will feel bad about his past behavior (he really was an asshole to the child). I've never forgotten the two pages at the end of episode 238 where he thinks about him. I think they're indicative of what's to come.

Yeah, that whole episode was fantastic and he was waxing pretty nostalgic and certainly treating the subject with more thoughtfulness and regard than ever before. When he learns the truth he'll be pissed too; it's like adding injury to insult to injury. I think he'll come around fittingly to the Rob Roy point of view, "It's not the child that needs killing."

There's tons of ways this could go, of course, but to me the real deal down the line will be facing the fact the boy is essentially fused with Femto. That could lead to an impossible choice: should they try to kill Griffith and kill their son in the process? It's easy to see how Guts and Casca could fall on opposite sides of the issue (though I would hope that all would end well eventually).

Well, the mega-convenient feel good option is that they can somehow be separated and/or Griffith destroyed and the child spared, maybe even in the same fell swoop! Hallelujah! As cheap and impossible as that sounds, it actually makes a bit of sense when you think a bit bigger: if the whole Idea/God Hand power structure were to be somehow destroyed or destabilized, perhaps all traces could be removed, leaving behind a relatively human child and de-branded parents (despite the kid oweing its current existence to that power in the first place; yeah, cheating =). That's some mega happy ending stuff though.

Similarly, but more in the bittersweet direction, the boy could live on as some sort of etheral spirit or at least be said to be saved and cleansed of evil ala Anakin Skywalker, or at least better off dead than damned as Griffith's thrall. This would work well with the child somehow rebelling as his vessel and sacrificing himself to destroy Griffith/save his parents in a bit of a switch.

Or, yeah, they just have to kill their kid to Griffith for the greater good and it'll be as bad as that sounds. I'd be surprised though if there's not going to be some crazy yet hard won magical solution because that's completely consistent with how we got here (magic ceremonies), so it's a fair game solution as well (and we just went through a fantastic ritual to save/restore a character =). It's almost too perfect a motivation for Griffith's destruction, and the effort that would take, to coincide with the child's salvation, as well as our heroes and the world.

Walter said:
Chiming in here from the peanut gallery. I just wanted to say that it's pretty amazing that we're having these conversations now, when it's no longer a distant hypothetical for when these issues will actually be addressed in the story. We really made it! :ubik:

I had a similar moment replying to Aaz earlier where I had to correct myself talking about Casca's return like it was still coming. She's already back! :guts: :casca:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Or, yeah, they just have to kill their kid to Griffith for the greater good and it'll be as bad as that sounds. I'd be surprised though if there's not going to be some crazy yet hard won magical solution because that's completely consistent with how we got here (magic ceremonies), so it's a fair game solution as well (and we just went through a fantastic ritual to save/restore a character =). It's almost too perfect a motivation for Griffith's destruction, and the effort that would take, to coincide with the child's salvation, as well as our heroes and the world.

Yep, all good scenarios you listed and I think it'll fall somewhere in-between all those lines. They will be compelled to face Griffith to save the world, and their connection to him will be both a blessing and a curse. Their son will act as a unique Achilles' heel, but at the same time they will be torn over his potential fate. Casca will want to save him above all, while Guts will struggle to get past his overwhelming desire for revenge. And ultimately they'll manage – in extremis – to achieve the perfect result of killing Femto while saving the boy... but at what cost to themselves?

Archer1215 said:
But the point of that particular comment of mine was really that it was a personal moment between Guts and Casca that will be need to be dealt with between the two of them.

Sure, although I don't think anyone was saying otherwise (well, except you in the previous episode thread).

Archer1215 said:
As Griffith said, I don't think the assault is necessarily removed from the big picture.

Well I also didn't say it is "removed" from the big picture, just that it's a detail in it among many others, and not the most important one.

Archer1215 said:
I don't think the assault will be a new pivotal plot point that will cause a rift between them either, because there already is a rift between them. And just like Casca dealing with her trauma, I think this is something that shouldn't be healed away with magic. It should be something that they work through and deal with the consequences of together.

I disagree. Casca was afraid of Guts in her previous state, but that person is gone. In fact it wasn't so much a person as an absence of one. Guts and Casca's relationship is effectively getting a reset here. If there has to be a chill between them, I don't think it will simply be inherited from the time she was insane. I don't think she'll wake up and instinctively be distrustful of Guts. Because even if she keeps her memories from that period or has flashes of them from time to time (I quite like that idea), her personality will make a big difference in how she processes them.

Archer1215 said:
I think Episode 238 shows that he may have more ambivalent feelings towards him if nothing else. He doesn't feel anger or hatred when thinking of the child. Instead he seems more sad when he thinks that he may still be wandering around alone in the night.

Yeah that's what I was talking about.

Archer1215 said:
But on the topic of the child being fused with Griffith's vessel (and the two of them probably sharing a body as well)

Just to be clear, the term "vessel" here refers specifically to the body. The child's corporeal body was overtaken by Femto during the Incarnation ceremony (where Femto "took flesh"), but his ego somehow survived the procedure.

Archer1215 said:
I think the thought of exploiting his son's connection to Griffith would make his desire for revenge (and maybe even his dissatisfaction with prioritizing Casca) grow even stronger.

I'm sure the Beast of Darkness would find the idea delectable, but I doubt Guts as a whole would be fine with the boy's death. Also, there is no need to prioritize Casca's protection anymore, since she's cured.

Archer1215 said:
She has shown a strong motherly instinct towards her son while her mind was regressed, but with the knowledge of him sharing a body with Femto, the man who raped her and sacrificed her comrades/subordinates to be slaughtered, I could easily see her contemplating or even making the decision that killing him would be for the best.

I have a hard time imagining Casca being Ok with killing her son.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Archer1215 said:
This ritual in the Corridor of Dreams has just been the beginning of Casca's healing process. It didn't heal away her trauma and it won't automatically settle any issues she might have with Guts.

You're confusing two different things. It's true Casca's trauma wasn't healed by the ritual and that she'll have to deal with it going forward. I was the first to say it. But that doesn't mean she'll show the same symptoms. Otherwise the Corridor of Dreams would have all been for nothing. The reflexive fear she had of men went along with her insanity. Now that it's cured, there's no reason to assume it will remain. And her "issues with Guts" that you are referring to were a subset of that general fear of men. It wasn't specific to him. She was afraid of him like of every other guy, then he managed to gain her trust, then lost it. I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but if they are to have issues to sort through, I would expect them to be of a higher order.

Archer1215 said:
Yeah, it was what you were talking about. :slan:

Yes... Which makes me wonder why you felt the need to reiterate it.

Archer1215 said:
Not sure why you're drawing a distinction here.

You're not sure why I'm drawing a distinction between the Beast of Darkness and Guts generally? OK... Well there is more to Guts than just the Beast of Darkness. Miura created that character to show Guts' internal struggle. What the Beast wants isn't what Guts himself really wants. It's just a part of him, not the whole. That's why I distinguish the two.

Archer1215 said:
I could even see him making the decision to exploit the child's connection in some way in order to get revenge (whether that be killing him, or using that connection to "control" or "influence" Griffith in some way, but that's too far ahead).

They will necessarily have to exploit that connection to defeat Griffith in any case, as I'm sure you've read me say in the past.

Archer1215 said:
As for Casca, I don't know if her need for protection is necessarily over just yet, seeing as she still has to deal with the trauma of the Eclipse. She may not even want to fight at first and decide to hide away from everything on Skellig.

This is obviously not the same thing as her not being able to take care of herself because of her madness... That time has come to an end.

Archer1215 said:
I do believe that Casca's feelings towards the child will be a bit complicated however (which almost goes without saying).

Sure. Most of my interventions are to point out that things are more complicated and nuanced than people think. Everything we've been talking about here is guaranteed to involve complex emotions and circumstances.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Archer1215 said:
If it is frowned upon, I'll try to refrain from doing so in the future.

No, I was just puzzled because it seemed unnecessary.

Archer1215 said:
I always saw the way Casca treats Guts after the choking and assault to be a bit more specific and personal than her usual fear of other men.

Yeah, there are regular reminders of her dislike of him after those incidents from volume 23.

Archer1215 said:
Related to this, I'm also having trouble remembering any times she has shown a real fear of men outside of times involving attempted rape or sexual intent besides her initial meeting with Guts after the Eclipse (which could also just be explained by his excited and desperate approach and Casca being more timid shortly after the event), which makes me think it is less a general fear of men and more of sexual situations involving men (I'm uncertain, so please correct me here if I'm mistaken).

It's true, talking about "fear" is too extreme. That being said, she is shown to be more comfortable around women in general. For example, Rickert tells Guts that she only trusts Erika in volume 13. Later, when the group is formed, she immediately takes after Farnese. And when Farnese leaves for a while in Vritannis, it's Schierke who looks after her. It's a consistent pattern.

Archer1215 said:
I think it's a bit debatable whether many of these symptoms can be attributed to the trauma itself or the state of insanity she was in. For example, her phobia of men/sex is something that I don't expect to just disappear after she regains her memories of the Eclipse.

Well yes, I had gathered as much. Fortunately for us that matter will be settled soon.

Archer1215 said:
But as I said in an earlier post, the assault is just one of several things that Casca could likely be upset with him about, including his abandonment of her, disagreements involving their child, and perhaps even taking her to Elfhelm to restore her mental health without her consent

Yeah, I actually said that myself before you did.

Archer1215 said:
This is sort of what I meant when I said there would still be a rift between them after she was healed. Even if the specific reasons as to why they have grown apart aren't the same, there are still quite a bit of issues they will have to work through.

But you said there is already a rift and that it would continue. That's very different. No one's disagreeing that Guts and Casca might have points of contention or even just that their relationship will need to be rebuilt. There's a ton of reasons why that would be the case (that's what I've been saying all along). The problem to me is you were saying the previous issues she had while insane would carry over, as opposed to the new Casca having her own set of issues.

Archer1215 said:
Of course, I just wasn't sure why you were making the distinction in response to my point in particular when I said in the same sentence that he would be conflicted over the idea.

Because the way you worded the sentence I quoted didn't feel true to Guts' character to me. Even though you said he would be conflicted.

Archer1215 said:
Although I would say that it is a bit misleading to say that "what the Beast wants isn't what Guts himself wants." [...] That doesn't mean it represents what Guts most wants, mind you. But that's a bit of a tangent and a whole other can of worms to get into.

There is nothing misleading about what I said. The Beast of Darkness is one facet of Guts and does not represent the whole of his persona. What it advocates for within Guts' mind doesn't represent Guts' true desires. It's only partial, like a pulsion. You essentially say the same thing here in bold, albeit less elegantly, so I guess you agree with me anyway.

Archer1215 said:
Fair enough, but the point of what I was saying was that I expect Guts' struggle between Casca's needs and desires and his own desire for revenge to still be a continued conflict for him going forward.

I know what you're trying to say, but I don't think it's the proper way to frame it.
Guts' dilemma was between protecting Casca or going for revenge because he couldn't do both. He made that choice a long time ago, and now it has borne its fruit.
What comes next are new choices. And fundamentally, they will not be between revenge and "Casca's needs and desires". They will be between Guts' own various desires. This is an important distinction to make.
Needless to say, Casca will have her own choices to make, and as will each member of the group. I expect it to be a rich time for character development.

The preview of the next YA issue has a griffith image, I'm curious as to why they chose griffith instead of the usual guts, could we be switching plots next episode or is it just YA gibberish
mag_next02.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kaladin said:
The preview of the next YA issue has a griffith image, I'm curious as to why they chose griffith instead of the usual guts, could we be switching plots next episode or is it just YA gibberish

You probably shouldn't read too much into that. The publisher chooses those seemingly at random. And the text mentions Guts and Casca.

If Miura decides to switch I'm sure he'd know how to handle it well but yeah I would rather have the crew finish their business at elfhelm and then we see how the outside world changed. It would be pretty impactful that way.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Archer1215 said:
Switching back to Falconia or Rickert right now would be a really bad move.
Kaladin said:
If Miura decides to switch I'm sure he'd know how to handle it well
Archer1215 said:
I just don’t see any way he could do a location switch right now and make it work.

Seriously guys, calm down. :schierke: We're at 6 posts now over an advertisement that means absolutely nothing other than Berserk is coming back next week. That image of Griff is from the cover of Vol 33. Those images aren't chosen by people intending to preview the contents of the next episode. Go back and look at the previous ones. They just use what they have on hand.

Archer1215 said:
I could see the story cutting back to Falconia in a few episodes after Casca’s initial reactions and interactions with Guts and the rest of the party upon waking up. Then we could cut back to Falconia to witness Griffith’s wedding to Charlotte and coronation followed perhaps by a declaration to his new subjects about what his future plans are. That would be the perfect way to end Griffith’s story before a timskip IMO.

Some time should already have passed. They've only been on Skellig for a day, but that could be weeks, or months in the outside world. I agree that seeing the coronation next makes the most sense, but it could also water down the effect of a dramatic passage of time if Miura chooses to lift the veil a bit early. Furthermore, there has to be something more than the coronation and a declaration from Griffith. It wouldn't be Miura's style to switch perspectives just for that formality, I don't think.

Top Bottom