Episode 358

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
No chapter scheduled for May 24th in Young Animal #11.
Are you sure it's not another vague "To be continued, next time" message at the end?

Unless it explicitly states that, I think it has to be a "wait and see" for this. Even without listing a return date, Young Animal has been quite inconsistent about advertising Berserk's hiatuses through that ending text. For reference, here are the recent ones (and a bigger list here):

355: 次回に つづく (continues next time) + no date
[returned the next month, on schedule]
356 (1): 次回に つづく (continues next time) + no date
356 (2): 次回に つづく (continues next time) + no date
[hiatus]
357: つづく (continues next time)
[hiatus]
358: ??

Oh, so because this is a combined 9th and 10th of Young Animal, it contains not only the April 26th issue content and the May 10th content, but also it contains the previews for the May 24th issue, which would be part of a normal May 10th issue if it hadn’t been combined with the April 26th issue (which is a distinct different thing than the “continues next time” blurb at the end of serialized Episodes right?).
That’s why Heiji can explicitly say there’s no new Episode for the May 24th issue, if I am understanding it correctly.

Oh, so because this is a combined 9th and 10th of Young Animal, it contains not only the April 26th issue content and the May 10th content, but also it contains the previews for the May 24th issue, which would be part of a normal May 10th issue if it hadn’t been combined with the April 26th issue (which is a distinct different thing than the “continues next time” blurb at the end of serialized Episodes right?).
That’s why Heiji can explicitly say there’s no new Episode for the May 24th issue, if I am understanding it correctly.

Yeah this one is a double issue. The one after this is which would come out on the 24th of May.

Last edited:
Unless it explicitly states that, I think it has to be a "wait and see" for this. Even without listing a return date, Young Animal has been quite inconsistent about advertising Berserk's hiatuses through that ending text. For reference, here are the recent ones (and a bigger list here):

355: 次回に つづく (continues next time) + no date
356 (1): 次回に つづく (continues next time) + no date
356 (2): 次回に つづく (continues next time) + no date
[hiatus]
357: つづく (continues next time)
[hiatus]
358: ??
Its like #357. Just つづく (continues next time).

I'm finally fully caught up and can check in on this part of the forums without spoiling myself! I am feeling so excited for the new episode this weekend (got my pre-order all set up and looking forward to translation) and have been so struck with so many emotions through this last volume. Casca's return was handled so, so excellently. Probably the single high-water mark of a series that is absolutely full of them. Really feel like Miura's in his prime and can't understand how people in other parts of the Internet can say with a straight face that this series ever "dropped off." Looking forward to staying with Griffith for awhile if that's the route Miura takes. I find his episodes to be incredibly interesting, and I'd like this sequence to be fleshed out a bit so that we can get a nice, long chunk of Guts-Casca interactions when Miura's ready to share them with us. Gotta rest and reflect a lot more (as well as get on those Skullcast episodes I've been so pumped to check out!) before I join in theorizing, but wow. What a series.

Miura's author comment for episode 358
zsgNPYa.jpg

removed

Of course YA would use an already in Volume poster as their color illustration :ganishka:. Besides that im super excited for this episode after these preview pages, finally we are getting an insight on the political aspect of Falconia it seems. I assume they are talking about the potential Coronation or Wedding, maybe even both.

Minister Foss!? Wonder what he's at these days? I can't imagine there's many opportunities in Falconia for scheming like he used to. Though a man of his ability wouldn't have gone unnoticed by our sparkling overlord, especially given their... history. :griffnotevil::void:

Here I thought I'd have to say goodbye to these leaks, but I've still got my early Berserk fix!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty funny, if not even downright incongruous, to see this Falcon-of-Light themed throne room with Charlotte on the throne and Griffith at the table with the others. I'm curious to know how this state of affairs (and the fact it has gone on this long) will be explained in the story.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Pretty funny, if not even downright incongruous, to see this Falcon-of-Light themed throne room with Charlotte on the throne and Griffith at the table with the others. I'm curious to know how this state of affairs (and the fact it has gone on this long) will be explained in the story.

Maybe he wants them to feel like they are all equal. :ganishka:

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Well, if they're still not married, he's still just a General.
Politics, even if he's a Messiah, he's still not a King.
Gotta love it.

Last edited:
As far as he's come Griffith is still just a general, he still has to play it by the book, even if he marries Charlotte, he will only be a prince.

Top Bottom